Switch Theme:

SAVE THE CHILDREN: Update  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Rampaging Furioso Blood Angel Dreadnought





SC, USA

Conspiracy Theory: It's what's for dinner.
   
Made in au
Lady of the Lake






I guess you could try to see what makes them work, but be careful. It's highly likely your findings will drive you completely insane.
   
Made in us
Rampaging Furioso Blood Angel Dreadnought





SC, USA

I'd really be interested in their personal email address, not just the mailto.

Sorry n0t_u, it seems my sarcasm evaded detection. No offense, but did you know that your screen name is kinda annoying to type? I mean, if you dig it go for it, but it's a bit more hunting than I am really used to.
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






Burtucky, Michigan

Yea Id like to read said email to see what the hell is going on in the mind, of a verifiable fruit cake
   
Made in us
The Hammer of Witches





A new day, a new time zone.

Just go googling for the late Patricia Pulling, and all that she did for Bothered About Dungeons and Dragons (she blamed the game for the suicide of her son, Bink.)

"-Nonsense, the Inquisitor and his retinue are our hounoured guests, of course we should invite them to celebrate Four-armed Emperor-day with us..."
Thought for the Day - Never use the powerfist hand to wipe. 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






Burtucky, Michigan

Yea I knew about that fruit cake. Man that is STILL a funnny joke around game tables everywhere. Play D&D and youll goto hell yadda yadda yadda
   
Made in ca
Reverent Tech-Adept





The World of Cheese and Snack foods

Gwar! wrote:
KingCracker wrote:I think ArbitorIan hit it right on the head. I honestly hope the person that wrote that garbage actually READS your post and thinks on it. Sure this game is based around horrifying war, but lets be realistic. Its so far in the future that pretty much everything in this game, is fake. Sure we have tanks, but in 40k we have tanks that have palaces ontop of them. They are like submarines, but land based. The only army in the entire game that COULD be real is the IG. And thats one army.
Chaos Daemons could be real...
</Tinfoil>


Sigh... Well Gwar i dident want to do this but i 100% agree with gwar

Chaos Daemons are possibly in our minds or somewhere else like heaven or hell it they are real
And couldent sisters of battle be real cause they are just normal females nuns in super armor really

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2009/06/26 18:23:47


Red Skined Orks 1750 And counting
Space marine Vanilla-His wrathful gaze
Uncountable number 
   
Made in us
Charing Cold One Knight




Lafayette, IN

I just want to know if GW is going to use UKs infamously nasty libel/slander laws on that site. Other than that, the sites author is a fruit cake. And like all fruit cakes should be ignored in back of wherever you put a nasty fruit cake until its time to regift it.

 
   
Made in us
Painting Within the Lines



Western PA

After a single email correspondence with this lady I can say a few things about her.

First, she is very adamant about her crusade to save today's youth from violence in all its forms. She has a single minded approach to this, however, and has done very little research to come to her conclusions. She IS very much like Patricia Pulling in that her arguments are based on over exaggerations of a topic that she knows very little about in the first place. It would seem from her site that all of the info she has gathered came from one small area of the GW website. She further explained that the reason she focused on space marines is because "marines" are a real thing that children can latch onto and that the "brain washing" of said marines is a very real threat.

Second, her target audience are the parents of children between the ages of 5-10. I have been in this hobby for about 20 years ranging from role playing games to table top games and everything in between at one point or another and never in all my years have I come across "gamers" in that age bracket until Pokemon and Yu gi oh came onto the scene. These child gamers are introduced early, but in every case I have seen the wonderful lack of attention deals with most of them as they came across the "new shiny thing" and dumped the cards for video games. My own son played Yu gi oh for about 3 years from ages 7 to 10 and then got out of them because of a very strong liking of the WWF. I now fear for his sanity much more than I did when he played the cards.

I do believe that she is a possible mental case as most conspiracy theorist are. She attempted to pass her fanatical approach off as "the best way to catch the parents eye, due to the lack of attention that they actually pay to what their children do." She has little respect for anyone that does not 100% agree with her and she has even less respect for her target audience if she feels that they are all completely clueless as to what their children are doing.

In my experience I have found that the people who are going to actually read this crap and believe are the ones who do not even let their children play outside because 3 counties away there are high tension wires and they once read that they cause cancer or because they are religious fanatics who only let their children associate with people inside their church.

Ironically, the blogger is not approaching any of this from a religious view point and I get the distinct impression from her rants that she does not have a fondness at all for mainstream religion in the first place. This is a shame as she is alienating one of the few groups that might have taken her seriously in the first place.

I do hope GW has an issue with this blogger and that they do force her to remove this crap as I find it painful that it even exists in the first place. To know that there are people that are possibly this stupid really does sadden me.

The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We Eldar who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn? And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask! We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.
 
   
Made in gb
Hanging Out with Russ until Wolftime







Shepherd23 wrote:I do hope GW has an issue with this blogger and that they do force her to remove this crap as I find it painful that it even exists in the first place. To know that there are people that are possibly this stupid really does sadden me.
I already got a response from the GW legal team saying they are looking into it.

Got 40k Rules Question? Send an e-mail to Gwar! for your Confidential Rules Queries.
Please do not PM me unless really necessary. I much prefer e-mail.
Need it Answered RIGHT NOW!? Ring me on Skype: "gwar.the.trolle"
Looking to play some Vassal? Ring me for a game!
Download The Unofficial FAQs by Gwar! here! (Dark Eldar Draft FAQ v1.0 released 04/Nov/2010! Download it before the Pandas eat it all!)
 
   
Made in us
Painting Within the Lines



Western PA

Sweet! The one time in history I actually am hoping GW gets their way with a cease and desist order. I never thought the day would come.

The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We Eldar who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn? And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask! We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.
 
   
Made in us
Storm Trooper with Maglight




Greenville, South Cacky-Lacky

If you look at the rest of the site, you'll quickly realize that she's a 9/11 conspiracy "truther" as well...

Just another nut-job. Nothing to see here - move along...

Alles klar, eh, Kommissar? 
   
Made in au
Lady of the Lake






grizgrin wrote:I'd really be interested in their personal email address, not just the mailto.

Sorry n0t_u, it seems my sarcasm evaded detection. No offense, but did you know that your screen name is kinda annoying to type? I mean, if you dig it go for it, but it's a bit more hunting than I am really used to.


Nah I got the sarcasm XD, I was just going along with it. My screen name might be annoying, but it passes some spellchecks done by other forum sites (GameFAQs) XD
   
Made in us
Wicked Warp Spider





Knoxville, TN

Shepherd23 wrote:After a single email correspondence with this lady I can say a few things about her.

First, she is very adamant about her crusade to save today's youth from violence in all its forms. She has a single minded approach to this, however, and has done very little research to come to her conclusions. She IS very much like Patricia Pulling in that her arguments are based on over exaggerations of a topic that she knows very little about in the first place. It would seem from her site that all of the info she has gathered came from one small area of the GW website. She further explained that the reason she focused on space marines is because "marines" are a real thing that children can latch onto and that the "brain washing" of said marines is a very real threat.

Second, her target audience are the parents of children between the ages of 5-10. I have been in this hobby for about 20 years ranging from role playing games to table top games and everything in between at one point or another and never in all my years have I come across "gamers" in that age bracket until Pokemon and Yu gi oh came onto the scene. These child gamers are introduced early, but in every case I have seen the wonderful lack of attention deals with most of them as they came across the "new shiny thing" and dumped the cards for video games. My own son played Yu gi oh for about 3 years from ages 7 to 10 and then got out of them because of a very strong liking of the WWF. I now fear for his sanity much more than I did when he played the cards.

I do believe that she is a possible mental case as most conspiracy theorist are. She attempted to pass her fanatical approach off as "the best way to catch the parents eye, due to the lack of attention that they actually pay to what their children do." She has little respect for anyone that does not 100% agree with her and she has even less respect for her target audience if she feels that they are all completely clueless as to what their children are doing.

In my experience I have found that the people who are going to actually read this crap and believe are the ones who do not even let their children play outside because 3 counties away there are high tension wires and they once read that they cause cancer or because they are religious fanatics who only let their children associate with people inside their church.

Ironically, the blogger is not approaching any of this from a religious view point and I get the distinct impression from her rants that she does not have a fondness at all for mainstream religion in the first place. This is a shame as she is alienating one of the few groups that might have taken her seriously in the first place.

I do hope GW has an issue with this blogger and that they do force her to remove this crap as I find it painful that it even exists in the first place. To know that there are people that are possibly this stupid really does sadden me.


Well, I think it is good that you opened dialog with her ( as our new president is so keen on doing, and that is said to be a good thing). I would like to send her a non-confrontational email and get her side of the story personally, and politely explain that while she made clear that she was speaking to parents, her percieved denigration of the hobby is uncomfortable for gamers when they invest so much of their creative "juices" into their models and games. I get the impression that all she knows about the miniatures hobby is, like you said, one section of the GW website, and that she hasn't read any of the other fluff, or has interpreted it in light of her first impression.
I did not get the impression that she has any problem distinguishing fantasy from reality vis-a-vis the miniatures hobby ( the rest of her website is another matter), but she honestly feels that the idea of these manly, manly, men with blind devotion to the space emperor is an allegorical device that she's not fond of, and she interprets that it is a desensitising and recruitment tool for young people. Why GW would want to develop a recruitment tool is beyond me. The only thing that bothers me is that some parent who shares her alternative worldview would discourage their children from doing something that is basically constructive and basically traumatize them when they trash their 40k stuff.
   
Made in ca
Huge Hierodule






Outflanking

I like the emotional Breakdown at the bottom of the page.

Q: What do you call a Dinosaur Handpuppet?

A: A Maniraptor 
   
Made in us
Sybarite Swinging an Agonizer





After looking around the rest of that site I can say only one thing.






KUN SPEAR A SEE!!!!11!!!11!11!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Own and play
+/- 3,500 Dark Eldar (8% painted)
+/- 4,500 Tyranids (99% painted)
+/- 4,500 Necrons (82% painted)
Proxy and play
Chaos Space Marines
Demons
Orks
Space Marines
 
   
Made in us
Wraith




O H I am in the Webway...

Probably a scientologist hippy that believes 911 was caused by zombie nazis and manbearpig is real and Al Gore is the emperor and Lord Withuxhraxsetbum will return and EXCELCIOR us all away into volcanoes to create a new species of jew/chrisitan/muslim/nazis that will rule the galaxy with an iron fist then Withuxhkdankz11! will come back (son of Withuxhraxsetbum) and take over and then convert us back to scientology and we will have to give over all our monies and become LV7 and wtfpwn Tom Cruise and become lords of brokeback mountain and heath leger will surprises buttsmexes! (all zombie like) us all then we de-evolve into bacon.


The other option is that she's an overconcerned liberal parent that believes jews, gays, muslims, anything non-white and southern and not christian is the devil.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2009/07/02 21:28:27


He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you  
   
Made in us
Moustache-twirling Princeps





About to eat your Avatar...

Am I the only one who cant see this page? It says it is under re-construction every time I check.


 
   
Made in us
Wraith




O H I am in the Webway...

Wrexasaur wrote:Am I the only one who cant see this page? It says it is under re-construction every time I check.


It is under construction while she gets more crack so she can come up with another conspiracy theory about warhamms.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you  
   
Made in us
Moustache-twirling Princeps





About to eat your Avatar...

It could be about how GW is actually run by alien pigs who feed on our souls through psychic transmitters in all of the Warhammer figurines... and they are the reason why we have fluoride in the water.

"Note"
Warhamm.... GW piggies... GET IT??? This is some serious stuff people, stay aware at all times.


 
   
Made in ca
Morphing Obliterator





The Frozen North

Oh, man. This is hilarious.

Oh, baby got all butthurt because people called her on being an ignorant sped. How sad.

We need to get this person's email address...

Triggerbaby wrote:In summary, here's your lunch and ask Miss Creaver if she has aloe lotion because I have taken you to school and you have been burned.

Abadabadoobaddon wrote:I too can prove pretty much any assertion I please if I don't count all the evidence that contradicts it.
 
   
Made in us
Painting Within the Lines



Western PA

Considering that all the previous emails that she received from irate gamers only fueled her illogical reasoning I will not be sharing the personal email. Posts like the ones above prove my reasoning.

Yes I do believe that she is two steps off the deep end. Even if you ignore the space marine page then the rest of her website proves that with little effort. I also believe that her logic with regards to this topic is 100% flawed and I told her this. I did not send her hate mail about how she is a fecking moron that has buttesx with manbearpig while listening to her Al Gore best hits CD.

All that will do is further prove her point and she has enough emails of that nature already to prove her point. Sending hate mail and death threats in an attempt to defend your hobby is rather stupid when she is trying to prove that the hobby brainwashes people and makes them violent.

Her responses to my emails proves to me that she is not worth wasting any more of my time with her as she is totally blind to obvious logic as most conspiracy theorists are. Any further emails from this crowd not convince her of anything but that she is right.

The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We Eldar who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn? And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask! We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.
 
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Dankhold Troggoth






Shadeglass Maze

Shepherd23 wrote:Considering that all the previous emails that she received from irate gamers only fueled her illogical reasoning I will not be sharing the personal email. Posts like the ones above prove my reasoning.


Hi guys,

I really agree with the above statement. Responding with hate for hate is never a good thing!

If people say to her, very reasonably, "This is why I disagree with you...", it would be more likely to succeed. It might not succeed right away, but one day she may look back and say "That guy wasn't so bad... maybe they're not all violent after all."

I'm not saying we shouldn't be saying something... but let's keep that "something" respectful, so that it has a chance of succeeding
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: