Switch Theme:

Moving to Guam  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Wicked Ghast





The vast blue ocean

I'm moving to Guam, and several searches have come up with nothing for warhammer or 40k, anyone out there play?

2700 painted
Cryx: 100 pts painted
1500 painted
 
   
Made in us
Wicked Ghast





The vast blue ocean

bamp!

2700 painted
Cryx: 100 pts painted
1500 painted
 
   
Made in gu
Wicked Ghast





The vast blue ocean

Bumping/necro

I'm here and established, and haven't found any other players yet. Boo

2700 painted
Cryx: 100 pts painted
1500 painted
 
   
Made in gu
Fresh-Faced New User





Hey Smarteye, I don't know if you're still in Guam, but I just moved here and play 40K. Let me know if you're still around and we can get a match going.

"Cogito, ergo sum" - Rene Descartes 
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




I know this is an old post but I'll be moving to guam in December 2017. anyone else still play?
   
Made in no
Discriminating Deathmark Assassin





One potential player every 3-4 years? Grimdark indeed

Shiny 40k 8th tool with colors: dice-hammer.com 
   
Made in us
Fate-Controlling Farseer





Fort Campbell

One potential player on Dakka who checks in regularly enough to see this pop up.

I've never been to an area with a significant military population where you couldn't find people to play with. I imagine Guam will be no different.

1st Legion Dark Angels

Eldar Craftworld Eth-Kariel
Spear of Kornous - High Elf Expeditionary Army (Retired) 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






 djones520 wrote:
One potential player on Dakka who checks in regularly enough to see this pop up.

I've never been to an area with a significant military population where you couldn't find people to play with. I imagine Guam will be no different.


Its been a while, but there was a small game store there and there is one on saipan as well.
   
Made in jp
Longtime Dakkanaut





Gig Harbor, WA

 thekingofkings wrote:
 djones520 wrote:
One potential player on Dakka who checks in regularly enough to see this pop up.

I've never been to an area with a significant military population where you couldn't find people to play with. I imagine Guam will be no different.


Its been a while, but there was a small game store there and there is one on saipan as well.


I’m going to eat I Guam a couple weeks over Christmas, what is the game store called?
   
Made in in
[MOD]
Illuminati






New Delhi, India

I was there a few years back and put a game store in the store locator. When I was there it was magic and clicks gamers but things may have changed

As others said it might be worth checking the bases too if you can find a community site for them

 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






 argonak wrote:
 thekingofkings wrote:
 djones520 wrote:
One potential player on Dakka who checks in regularly enough to see this pop up.

I've never been to an area with a significant military population where you couldn't find people to play with. I imagine Guam will be no different.


Its been a while, but there was a small game store there and there is one on saipan as well.


I’m going to eat I Guam a couple weeks over Christmas, what is the game store called?


For the life of me I cant recall, but if you are in Yoko, can train up to yellow submarine in shinjuku.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/10/29 20:30:29


 
   
Made in jp
Longtime Dakkanaut





Gig Harbor, WA

 thekingofkings wrote:
 argonak wrote:
 thekingofkings wrote:
 djones520 wrote:
One potential player on Dakka who checks in regularly enough to see this pop up.

I've never been to an area with a significant military population where you couldn't find people to play with. I imagine Guam will be no different.


Its been a while, but there was a small game store there and there is one on saipan as well.


I’m going to eat I Guam a couple weeks over Christmas, what is the game store called?


For the life of me I cant recall, but if you are in Yoko, can train up to yellow submarine in shinjuku.


I've got a couple buddies who also work on the base that we play with now. Generally we just play at someone's house. We've been up to Harijuku GW a few times. I also discovered that the Yokohama Yodabashi has a nice little GW aisle. Oddly enough some stuff actually works out to be cheaper than USD retail once you do the conversion, although most of it costs about 20% more.
   
Made in us
Guarding Guardian





Iwakuni, Japan

Continuing the trend of intermittent posts:

I'll be visiting Guam in February-March (2018) and I'll be bringing my army. Any contacts or even the name of the game store would be appreciated.

"Time was your ally human. But now it has abandoned you." 
   
Made in us
Powerful Pegasus Knight






A lot of people in Guamplay clix games - Mage Knight / Mechwarrior / Heroclix. They had a huge community if I recall - same with Brazil


 
   
 
Forum Index » Local Gaming
Go to: