Switch Theme:

3 Enticing Buxom Beauties You Don't Want to Meet!  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Sure Space Wolves Land Raider Pilot





Kent UK

Hi All

Here is are a few pictures of my Coven Throne. Just finished! I will touch a few things up later. I left some of the armour sections in the spectral part to resemble the forming of the spectral bit - sort of forming out of the spirit host etc! I did screw up on the placing of the two handmaidens hands! So I decided to put a skull and severed head under their hands (the ones which should attach to the throne!) to add more to the macabre beauty!

Cheers
Andy
[Thumb - DSC01222.JPG]

[Thumb - DSC01223.JPG]

[Thumb - DSC01227.JPG]

[Thumb - DSC01230.JPG]

[Thumb - DSC01231.JPG]


I HATE finecast
http://elmafudd2-40k.blogspot.com/
New YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WdXhq5FHGo&feature=plcp

 
   
Made in de
Regular Dakkanaut





Frankfurt (Germany)

Might be due to the pictures, but is most of the lower stuff unpainted...

or did you create a NonPlasticPlastic....?

Pretty decent though, good work.

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays! I want to hear X-rays! And I want to - I want to smell dark matter! Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly because I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid limiting spoken language! But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws! And feel the wind of a supernova flowing over me! And I can know much more! I can experience so much more. But I'm trapped in this absurd body! 
   
Made in gb
Annoyed Blood Angel Devastator





Dundee

Once again poor lighting strikes (namely camera flash). It really doesn't do this model justice.

I'd suggest looking up a couple of simple photography lighting tuts and redo the pics. I'm sure there are even some here on Dakka.

2000+ pts
2000+ pts 
   
Made in gb
Sure Space Wolves Land Raider Pilot





Kent UK

Yes my friend at Uni had always said that my photos do not do my models justice! I need to get a light tent, that will sort the problems out!

I HATE finecast
http://elmafudd2-40k.blogspot.com/
New YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WdXhq5FHGo&feature=plcp

 
   
Made in dk
Stormin' Stompa





Wow. A lot of really interesting stuff there.

Is that a compressor for an airbrush on the left in the background? It also looks like it could be a soldering iron.
I say that because your cutting mat looks like it carries traces of airbrush use.

I am also really interested in what's in the small non-GW container on the left.
Not to mention the big round plastic pot in the rear. What is in that?

I am really curious about the big container next to the Woodland Scenics Flock in the second picture. Is that bitz or small rocks in there?

The Snot Green in picture four and five looks really new. How are your experiences with that colour?

For the next pictures, please remove the big model as it tends to block a lot of view.

Alternatively, should you desire comments on the model itself, you can with great success put a piece of paper behind it, thus cutting out all the clutter in the background.....or you can wait until tomorrow and take the picture outside in natural light and really get some good comments.
Don't worry...we'll wait...

-------------------------------------------------------
"He died because he had no honor. He had no honor and the Emperor was watching."

18.000 3.500 8.200 3.300 2.400 3.100 5.500 2.500 3.200 3.000


 
   
Made in us
Blood-Raging Khorne Berserker





Los Angeles

Steelmage99 wrote:Wow. A lot of really interesting stuff there.

Is that a compressor for an airbrush on the left in the background? It also looks like it could be a soldering iron.
I say that because your cutting mat looks like it carries traces of airbrush use.

I am also really interested in what's in the small non-GW container on the left.
Not to mention the big round plastic pot in the rear. What is in that?

I am really curious about the big container next to the Woodland Scenics Flock in the second picture. Is that bitz or small rocks in there?

The Snot Green in picture four and five looks really new. How are your experiences with that colour?

For the next pictures, please remove the big model as it tends to block a lot of view.

Alternatively, should you desire comments on the model itself, you can with great success put a piece of paper behind it, thus cutting out all the clutter in the background.....or you can wait until tomorrow and take the picture outside in natural light and really get some good comments.
Don't worry...we'll wait...


Wow, you sure did spend a lot of time on that snotty post. You must not have much to do.

Anyway, I think it's a good model, but I agree it would look better without the flash. See if you can re-take pics in better lighting conditions.

Avoiding Dakka until they get serious about dealing with their troll problem 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




That was a pretty snotty comment there Steelmage, but I have to admit that I nearly spit out my drink I was laughing so hard.

To Wulfen Andy, simple light box will help a lot. I just took a cardboard box and lined it with printer paper and then put some bright lights towards the front (indirect sunlight, daylight bulbs, etc..). Really cheap and the photo quality is a thousand times better than a flash picture on your work table.

-Myst
   
Made in au
Mighty Chosen Warrior of Chaos





Australia

A simple way to get really good lighting for pictures is to take them outside. You don't want to do it at midday, but in the afternoon when the light isn't as strong and direct (overcast days are the best). It looks like you have the focus right in your pics, so if you just improve the lighting your results should improve drastically.

Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.  
   
Made in gb
Sure Space Wolves Land Raider Pilot





Kent UK

Thanks a lot for the replies!!!! Loved the one about all the other stuff - even if it was a little wee wee taking!!! I took the pictures last night after getting a few things sorted on it and I was not (and still not) feeling too bright with sometime rather rapid - man flu no doubt!!!!
Anyways I got up this morning, read the posts; would have to ask about the size of the cardboard box? Sounds like a fantastic idea! Went out into the garden, froze various limbs off trying to take better pictures.....so here they are! I hope that they are better than the last lot! I took them without too much clutter to distract the eye, in good overcast if 2-3 oC weather(!) and this time with my Nikon dSLR!

Cheers
Andy
[Thumb - DSC_0042.JPG]

[Thumb - DSC_0046.JPG]

[Thumb - DSC_0047.JPG]

[Thumb - DSC_0049.JPG]

[Thumb - DSC_0050.JPG]

[Thumb - DSC_0052.JPG]


I HATE finecast
http://elmafudd2-40k.blogspot.com/
New YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WdXhq5FHGo&feature=plcp

 
   
Made in us
Furious Raptor






Kyle TX, USA

The only thing I would change, if anything at all, would be to add a little more of that green glow coming through the rib cage of skeletons that are on fire.

 
   
Made in gb
Dusty Skeleton





Sheffield, United Kingdom.

I like it.

How did you do the ethereal effect?

   
Made in gb
Sure Space Wolves Land Raider Pilot





Kent UK

Bastion of Insanity wrote:I like it.

How did you do the ethereal effect?


I used astronomican grey base then washed with watered down base of turquoise blue with asurmen blue wash. Then dry brushed with astro grey and white 1:1 mix then a final skull white dry brush. A few spots of thraka green wash added for some contrast.

Hope this helps
Cheers

I HATE finecast
http://elmafudd2-40k.blogspot.com/
New YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WdXhq5FHGo&feature=plcp

 
   
Made in us
Fanatic with Madcap Mushrooms





Auburn CA

I may have to steal your method when I start on my throne

 
   
Made in us
Deadly Dark Eldar Warrior





Indiana

Awesome paint job. That is a very big model.

 
   
Made in gb
Dusty Skeleton





Sheffield, United Kingdom.

Wulfen Andy wrote:
Bastion of Insanity wrote:I like it.

How did you do the ethereal effect?


I used astronomican grey base then washed with watered down base of turquoise blue with asurmen blue wash. Then dry brushed with astro grey and white 1:1 mix then a final skull white dry brush. A few spots of thraka green wash added for some contrast.

Hope this helps
Cheers


Thanks a lot! I'll definately be having a go using your method.

   
Made in gb
Sure Space Wolves Land Raider Pilot





Kent UK

Bastion of Insanity wrote:
Wulfen Andy wrote:
Bastion of Insanity wrote:I like it.

How did you do the ethereal effect?


I used astronomican grey base then washed with watered down base of turquoise blue with asurmen blue wash. Then dry brushed with astro grey and white 1:1 mix then a final skull white dry brush. A few spots of thraka green wash added for some contrast.

Hope this helps
Cheers


Thanks a lot! I'll definately be having a go using your method.

Please do, I hope it comes off well!

baron deathnyx wrote:Awesome paint job. That is a very big model.

Yes it is the biggest one I have done so far!

Johnny-Crass wrote:I may have to steal your method when I start on my throne

Once again please do!

Thanks for the replies thus far! It's good to know that people like my work! I tried to magnetise the model so I could change it to the Mortis Engine but couldn't do it in the end as I had started to stick a few things and ran out of magnets! But if anyone finds themselves in the same boat, then you could do extra like me.... I'm going to use the three circling banshees from the engine build and make them standard banshee infantry models!!! A lovely large centre piece plus a few more models extra! Not bad!

Cheers

P.s. to the chap who took the mick with my over cluttered pictures, your questions:-
Yes I use an Iwata airbrush.
Snot green is ok to use!
The large tub next to my static grass isn't stones but jelly babies instead!!!!

I HATE finecast
http://elmafudd2-40k.blogspot.com/
New YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WdXhq5FHGo&feature=plcp

 
   
Made in dk
Stormin' Stompa





The joker is back!

Glad you took my post in good spirit.

Did you paint more on the model between taking the indoor and the outdoor shots?

I am also a big fan of your ethereal effect. It looks really good.

-------------------------------------------------------
"He died because he had no honor. He had no honor and the Emperor was watching."

18.000 3.500 8.200 3.300 2.400 3.100 5.500 2.500 3.200 3.000


 
   
Made in au
Warning From Magnus? Not Listening!






Adelaide, Australia

Great Paintjob, epic model.

Notice: If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing
 
   
Made in gb
Sure Space Wolves Land Raider Pilot





Kent UK

Steelmage99 wrote:The joker is back!

Glad you took my post in good spirit.

Did you paint more on the model between taking the indoor and the outdoor shots?

I am also a big fan of your ethereal effect. It looks really good.


All we need is Batman to make an appearance! No didn't add anything to it from taking the pictures outside. I will be adding just a little detail on the cushions for when I enter it in a paint competition!

Cheers

I HATE finecast
http://elmafudd2-40k.blogspot.com/
New YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WdXhq5FHGo&feature=plcp

 
   
Made in us
Hellish Haemonculus






Boskydell, IL

That's pretty rocking. This is the best large model I've seen in a long time. I like how you use a complicated color palette to draw attention to the most important aspects of the model, and leave the other areas of the model to the eye of someone who has longer to study it. Usually you see either a subdued scheme or a complex one, but rarely do you see the muted colors fade into the brighter ones.

Welcome to the Freakshow!

(Leadership-shenanigans for Eldar of all types.) 
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User



NYC

Looks mighty tasty my good man. Good job!

 
   
Made in ie
Norn Queen






Dublin, Ireland

Alternatively, should you desire comments on the model itself, you can with great success put a piece of paper behind it, thus cutting out all the clutter in the background.....or you can wait until tomorrow and take the picture outside in natural light and really get some good comments.
Don't worry...we'll wait...


Wow, having a bad day were we?
Totally uncalled for, espeically since the pics werent actually that bad and the paint job is great.

Reel your neck in before you comment next time, thanks.

Dman137 wrote:
goobs is all you guys will ever be

By 1-irt: Still as long as Hissy keeps showing up this is one of the most entertaining threads ever.

"Feelin' goods, good enough". 
   
Made in gb
[MOD]
Et In Arcadia Ego





Canterbury

Indeed.

Criticism is welcome, but please do phrase it politely.


Nice work on the model OP

The poor man really has a stake in the country. The rich man hasn't; he can go away to New Guinea in a yacht. The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all
We love our superheroes because they refuse to give up on us. We can analyze them out of existence, kill them, ban them, mock them, and still they return, patiently reminding us of who we are and what we wish we could be.
the stark reality is that Harry would have simply killed and eaten each and every one of the Hendersons.
 
   
Made in gb
Screaming Banshee






University of Reading, Berkshire, UK

Steelmage99 wrote:Wow. A lot of really interesting stuff there.

Is that a compressor for an airbrush on the left in the background? It also looks like it could be a soldering iron.
I say that because your cutting mat looks like it carries traces of airbrush use.

I am also really interested in what's in the small non-GW container on the left.
Not to mention the big round plastic pot in the rear. What is in that?

I am really curious about the big container next to the Woodland Scenics Flock in the second picture. Is that bitz or small rocks in there?

The Snot Green in picture four and five looks really new. How are your experiences with that colour?

For the next pictures, please remove the big model as it tends to block a lot of view.

Alternatively, should you desire comments on the model itself, you can with great success put a piece of paper behind it, thus cutting out all the clutter in the background.....or you can wait until tomorrow and take the picture outside in natural light and really get some good comments.
Don't worry...we'll wait...


Surprised that you could see to type that post, considering where your head must've been..


Automatically Appended Next Post:
I love you take on the model, which I have to say is probably my favourite GW Fantasy piece.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2012/02/03 16:19:30


Thought I'd give the whole 'Blogger' lark a go...
-Cadian 812th (rotting in a cupboard)
-Dark Angels 3rd Company (in disfavour, eBay?)
-Irun'Mahn (pretty and deserve love; why aren't I giving them it?)
-Draigo 'n' his Merry Band (to be continued) - How to magnetise Grey Knight strike squads' two-handed and special weapons
-The Maggot Host
Klan WurldWaagh -Are now in my first P&M blog! If you like the idea of WW2 and Orks, please take a look... 
   
Made in us
Death-Dealing Ultramarine Devastator





Tennessee - United States

Outstanding job and attention to detail. Envious.
   
Made in us
Leader of the Sept






When i first saw that model my first thought was
"Whoe ever wants to paint that is insane"
But i love the Skeletons, the look part corporeal part ethereal

5000pts 6000pts 3000pts
 
   
Made in gb
Sure Space Wolves Land Raider Pilot





Kent UK

Jimsolo wrote:That's pretty rocking. This is the best large model I've seen in a long time. I like how you use a complicated color palette to draw attention to the most important aspects of the model, and leave the other areas of the model to the eye of someone who has longer to study it. Usually you see either a subdued scheme or a complex one, but rarely do you see the muted colors fade into the brighter ones.


Ver. Spot wrote:Looks mighty tasty my good man. Good job!


Henners91 wrote:
Steelmage99 wrote:Wow. A lot of really interesting stuff there.

Is that a compressor for an airbrush on the left in the background? It also looks like it could be a soldering iron.
I say that because your cutting mat looks like it carries traces of airbrush use.

I am also really interested in what's in the small non-GW container on the left.
Not to mention the big round plastic pot in the rear. What is in that?

I am really curious about the big container next to the Woodland Scenics Flock in the second picture. Is that bitz or small rocks in there?

The Snot Green in picture four and five looks really new. How are your experiences with that colour?


For the next pictures, please remove the big model as it tends to block a lot of view.

Alternatively, should you desire comments on the model itself, you can with great success put a piece of paper behind it, thus cutting out all the clutter in the background.....or you can wait until tomorrow and take the picture outside in natural light and really get some good comments.
Don't worry...we'll wait...


Surprised that you could see to type that post, considering where your head must've been..


Automatically Appended Next Post:
I love you take on the model, which I have to say is probably my favourite GW Fantasy piece.


Pnyxpresss wrote:Outstanding job and attention to detail. Envious.


hotsauceman1 wrote:When i first saw that model my first thought was
"Whoe ever wants to paint that is insane"
But i love the Skeletons, the look part corporeal part ethereal



Thanks to all! Good to know that my work is liked!!!!

I HATE finecast
http://elmafudd2-40k.blogspot.com/
New YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WdXhq5FHGo&feature=plcp

 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




Hey, nice job on the new pics. Only thing I would add is a white background. For a model that big you may want to consider a piece of posterboard. I must admit, I wasn't too impressed with the model on the first go round, but with these pictures it looks pretty awesome. You can really see more of the color and the detail. Good job.

For light box, really the size can vary. You just want something big enough to fit the models in with enough room to take pictures. The one I'm using now is about 10" tall, about as deep, and about 18" wide. It was from a case of printer paper I believe, and then just used some of the white paper to paste/glue/tape to the insides of the box.

Also, funny to see people chiming in to pile on about the funny posts... about a week too late there guys, and I think you missed the sarcasm there!

-Myst
   
Made in us
Ancient Space Wolves Venerable Dreadnought




The oceans of the world

Good job
   
Made in gb
Sure Space Wolves Land Raider Pilot





Kent UK

Mysticaria wrote:Hey, nice job on the new pics. Only thing I would add is a white background. For a model that big you may want to consider a piece of posterboard. I must admit, I wasn't too impressed with the model on the first go round, but with these pictures it looks pretty awesome. You can really see more of the color and the detail. Good job.

For light box, really the size can vary. You just want something big enough to fit the models in with enough room to take pictures. The one I'm using now is about 10" tall, about as deep, and about 18" wide. It was from a case of printer paper I believe, and then just used some of the white paper to paste/glue/tape to the insides of the box.

Also, funny to see people chiming in to pile on about the funny posts... about a week too late there guys, and I think you missed the sarcasm there!

-Myst


Hi!

Cheers, yeah I am now using proper backgrounds! Of course the only thing as that they model is rather large!

I HATE finecast
http://elmafudd2-40k.blogspot.com/
New YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WdXhq5FHGo&feature=plcp

 
   
 
Forum Index » Painting & Modeling Showcase
Go to: