Switch Theme:

Math Hammer Help Dakka Dakka Strategem.  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Krazed Killa Kan






State of Jefferson


Am I doing this right?

15 Tankbustas vs a Vehicle with T=8 and 3++

Figuring number of ADDITIONAL ATTACKS:

15 x [(1/6) + (4/6)(1/6)] = 4.16 additional attacks (let's say 4)

Unsaved wounds from ADDITIONAL ATTACKS:

4 x {[(2/6) + (4/6)(2/6)] x [(3/6)(3/6)]} = 0.5

Unsaved wounds from TRADITIONAL ATTACKS:

15 x {[(2/6) + (4/6)(2/6)] x [(3/6)(3/6)]} = 2.07
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Khorne Dreadnought





Why Aye Ya Canny Dakkanaughts!

What rules do these guys have? What are they equipped with? Why do they get additional attacks?

Need more information.

Ghorros wrote:
The moral of the story: Don't park your Imperial Knight in a field of Gretchin carrying power tools.
 Marmatag wrote:
All the while, my opponent is furious, throwing his codex on the floor, trying to slash his wrists with safety scissors.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so f***ing what." - Stephen Fry
 
   
Made in no
Powerful Ushbati





Bergen

I never understood if the dice triggered another dice, or an attack with a weapon. The later being better with multiple shots.

I am a dyslectic, so bear with me.

Dyslectics in a text based environment? Dakka is aware of you and sympathises with any troubles you have: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/505863.page

Kronos biovore box fresh sporemines. Denying psykick powers since 2017.

 
   
Made in au
Sniveling Snotling




 mrhappyface wrote:
What rules do these guys have? What are they equipped with? Why do they get additional attacks?

Need more information.


rokkit launcha = S8 -2ap 3dmg, BS 5+, reroll misses on vehicles.

dakka dakka strategem = hits on 6+ grant another attack.
   
Made in it
Longtime Dakkanaut




 doktor_g wrote:

Am I doing this right?

15 Tankbustas vs a Vehicle with T=8 and 3++

Figuring number of ADDITIONAL ATTACKS:

15 x [(1/6) + (4/6)(1/6)] = 4.16 additional attacks (let's say 4)

Unsaved wounds from ADDITIONAL ATTACKS:

4 x {[(2/6) + (4/6)(2/6)] x [(3/6)(3/6)]} = 0.5

Unsaved wounds from TRADITIONAL ATTACKS:

15 x {[(2/6) + (4/6)(2/6)] x [(3/6)(3/6)]} = 2.07


Hmm i don't think it works like that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15 attacks x 1/3 (BS 5+)= 5 hits
15 attacks x 1/6 (additional attack on 6+)= 2,5 additional attacks
2,5 x 1/3= 0,83 hits from additional attacks
5+ 0,83 = 5,83 total hits
5,83 x 1/2 (S8 vs T8) = 2,91 wounds
2,91 x 2/3 (Sv 5+) = 1,94 unsaved wounds
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In general though, when mathammering stuff and you have effects like "Extra hit on 6+" "Reroll 1's to hit" or "Reroll 1's to wound" and you don't have flat bonuses or penalties like the Necron "My will be done" or moving hit penalties, you can just exclude those from the math and for each of these multiply the final result by 7/6, it's mathematically the same. That's handy when you are mathammering on the fly.



EDIT: Oh that's right, reroll misses on vehicles! That is an increase of 66% in unsaved wounds caused. So the total unsaved wounds are 3.12, that's a Leman Russ now shooting on 6+.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/12/28 09:13:05


 
   
Made in us
Krazed Killa Kan






State of Jefferson

(@Spoletta) Pretty sure it's right. I think you forgot the re-roll in your first term first line...

There are 15 Tankbustas S8 AP-2 Assault 1 vs Vehicle with T8 3++
(@MrHappyFace) Tankbustas re-roll vs Vehicles in this case T=8. Dakka Dakka Dakka Strategem is make an additional ATTACK (@Niiai) if any of your to hit rolls were a 6.

Number of additional attacks will be the number of 6s rolled initially
(15 shots) x [(Number of 6s initially) + (Number of 6s on re-rolls)]

so...
15 [(1/6) + (4/6)(1/6)] = 4.16

Number of hits vs vehicle will be Additional hits by DDD! plus Tankbustas with re-rolls

so...
(4.16) + 15 [(2/6) + (4/6)(2/6)] = 12.493 Hits

Number of Unsaved wounds vs 3++ will be

12.493 [(3/6)(2/6)] ~=~ 2

Rokits do 3 damage so 6 damage removed from that beastie.

If it is something like a leman russ without invuln expect....
12.493 [(3/6)(5/6)] ~=~ 5 unsaved wounds 15 points of damage.

Actually lets make it easier for figuring in your head.

Mulitiplier x Save where...

Multiplier = 12.493[(3/6)(1/6)] = 1.041083

Therefore, in this situation (15 Tankbustas with DDD! Strategem vs T8+ vehicle) expect the following results vs saves after AP applied...

6+ = 6 Wounds = 18 Damage
5+ = 5 Wounds = 15 Damage
4+ = 4 Wounds = 12 Damage
3+ = 3 Wounds = 9 Damage
2+ = 2 Wounds = 6 Damage

That's convenient and elegant....



This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at 2017/12/28 16:34:08


 
   
Made in it
Longtime Dakkanaut




I did account for reroll against tanks in the last line.

By the way the DDD stratagem is additional attacks, not hits.
   
Made in us
Krazed Killa Kan






State of Jefferson

re-read my 3rd line...
   
Made in dk
Dakka Veteran




It works exactly the same way as the space marine bolter drill stratagem. When rolling to hit, add another attack (another die) for every 6+. For example

Rudolpho McCuntlicker is attacking with his 30 shoota-boyz. He opts to use the Dakkax3 stratagem. He then rolls 60 dice of which 11 rolls 5 and 10 rolls 6. As there are no modifiers in this instance the stratagem leads to an additional ten attacks. He picks up another ten dice (as an Ork player McCuntlicker is well supplied with dice. With tournament trophies, not so much). He rolls these extra ten dice and gets another 5 and two additional 6'es. He now counts twelve 5's and twelve 6's which results in 24 hits due to his Orks magnificent ballistic skill of 5+.
   
Made in it
Longtime Dakkanaut




doktor_g wrote:re-read my 3rd line...


I did, but

doktor_g wrote:(@Spoletta) Pretty sure it's right. I think you forgot the re-roll in your first term first line...

There are 15 Tankbustas S8 AP-2 Assault 1 vs Vehicle with T8 3++
(@MrHappyFace) Tankbustas re-roll vs Vehicles in this case T=8. Dakka Dakka Dakka Strategem is make an additional ATTACK (@Niiai) if any of your to hit rolls were a 6.

Number of additional attacks will be the number of 6s rolled initially
(15 shots) x [(Number of 6s initially) + (Number of 6s on re-rolls)]

so...
15 [(1/6) + (4/6)(1/6)] = 4.16

Number of hits vs vehicle will be Additional hits by DDD! plus Tankbustas with re-rolls

so...
(4.16) + 15 [(2/6) + (4/6)(2/6)] = 12.493 Hits

Number of Unsaved wounds vs 3++ will be

12.493 [(3/6)(2/6)] ~=~ 2

Rokits do 3 damage so 6 damage removed from that beastie.

If it is something like a leman russ without invuln expect....
12.493 [(3/6)(5/6)] ~=~ 5 unsaved wounds 15 points of damage.

Actually lets make it easier for figuring in your head.

Mulitiplier x Save where...

Multiplier = 12.493[(3/6)(1/6)] = 1.041083

Therefore, in this situation (15 Tankbustas with DDD! Strategem vs T8+ vehicle) expect the following results vs saves after AP applied...

6+ = 6 Wounds = 18 Damage
5+ = 5 Wounds = 15 Damage
4+ = 4 Wounds = 12 Damage
3+ = 3 Wounds = 9 Damage
2+ = 2 Wounds = 6 Damage

That's convenient and elegant....





You are auto hitting your additional attacks.

It should be [(4.16) + 15] [(2/6) + (4/6)(2/6)] = 10,49 Hits

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/12/28 19:09:10


 
   
Made in us
Krazed Killa Kan






State of Jefferson

I see. You are absolutely right... auto hits

Just for my OCD for completeness:

Dakka Dakka Dakka Strategem on 15 Tankbustas vs T8 Vehicle

Extra Hits = 15 [(1/6) + (4/6)(1/6)] = 4.16

Total Hits = (4.16 + 15) [(2/6) + (4/6)(2/6)] = 10.64

Multiplier vs Save = 10.64[(3/6)(1/6)] = 0.887

Modified Saves to Damage
6+ = 5.3 Wounds = 15.96 Damage
5+ = 4.4 Wounds = 13.31 Damage
4+ = 3.5 Wounds = 10.64 Damage
3+ = 2.7 Wounds = 7.98 Damage
2+ = 1.8 Wounds = 5.32 Damage

Not quite as elegant unfortunately...
   
 
Forum Index » 40K Tactics
Go to: