Switch Theme:

What's the situation between Nurgle, Mortarion and Typhus?  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





It's known that Typhus has been Nurgle's favorite champion since the Heresy days, and as far as I know, that's because he was more cooperative than most other Death Guard. Now that Mortarion is done doing nothing and is on board the chaos train, is Nurgle shifting his gaze from Typhus? I would assume that Nurgle would want to direct his blessings to the most powerful vessel at his disposal, and in terms of raw potential, Mortarion must have more than Typhus. The only reason I see Nurgle wanting to stick with Typhus is that he's more open and accepting to the Plaguefather's blessings than Mortarion, and because of that, he's more useful. I've read that in a 1v1 Typhus could even beat Mortarion, only because Nurgle has his back. Is this true? Does Nurgle still favor Typhus over Mortarion, and because of that, he's actually more powerful than his primarch?

I am not sure if this has been clarified in recent lore books, so I apologize in advance if that is the case.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/01 06:52:17


 
   
Made in us
Shas'ui with Bonding Knife




The Internet- where men are men, women are men, and kids are undercover cops

Mortals can do things daemons can't. It's the same with Lucius, Kharn, and Ahriman- sure, the daemon Primarchs are more powerful, but the mortal Champions of Chaos don't have the same restrictions daemons have.

 Jon Garrett wrote:
Perhaps not technically a Marine Chapter anymore, but the Flame Falcons would be pretty creepy to fight.

"Boss, we waz out lookin' for grub when some of them Spice Marines showed up and shot all the lads."

"Right. Well, did you at least use the burnas?"

"We tried, but the gits was already on fire."

"...Kunnin'."
 
   
Made in gb
Keeper of the Holy Orb of Antioch





avoiding the lorax on Crion

 EmpNortonII wrote:
Mortals can do things daemons can't. It's the same with Lucius, Kharn, and Ahriman- sure, the daemon Primarchs are more powerful, but the mortal Champions of Chaos don't have the same restrictions daemons have.


A deamon Primarch takes alot more set up, planning and power to manifest and mantain,

A mortal. they do not have many of the same strings linked and support needs.

It took huge blood temples to power angron on Armageddon. There contruction was needed to keep him there, and army united.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/01 13:24:52


Sgt. Vanden - OOC Hey, that was your doing. I didn't choose to fly in the "Dongerprise'.

"May the odds be ever in your favour"

Hybrid Son Of Oxayotl wrote:
I have no clue how Dakka's moderation work. I expect it involves throwing a lot of d100 and looking at many random tables.

FudgeDumper - It could be that you are just so uncomfortable with the idea of your chapters primarch having his way with a docile tyranid spore cyst, that you must deny they have any feelings at all.  
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




UK

Typhus certainly thinks he is higher in Pappa Nurgle's favour and acts accordingly. Whether that is actually the case hasn't really been put to the test.

I stand between the darkness and the light. Between the candle and the star. 
   
Made in gb
Keeper of the Holy Orb of Antioch





avoiding the lorax on Crion

 Karhedron wrote:
Typhus certainly thinks he is higher in Pappa Nurgle's favour and acts accordingly. Whether that is actually the case hasn't really been put to the test.


Yeah. I think the nurgle crusade was lead by mortician, and several GUO.

Typhus was high, he commands Termus Est still, a healing nurgle battleship.

Sgt. Vanden - OOC Hey, that was your doing. I didn't choose to fly in the "Dongerprise'.

"May the odds be ever in your favour"

Hybrid Son Of Oxayotl wrote:
I have no clue how Dakka's moderation work. I expect it involves throwing a lot of d100 and looking at many random tables.

FudgeDumper - It could be that you are just so uncomfortable with the idea of your chapters primarch having his way with a docile tyranid spore cyst, that you must deny they have any feelings at all.  
   
Made in ca
Librarian with Freaky Familiar





 jhe90 wrote:
 Karhedron wrote:
Typhus certainly thinks he is higher in Pappa Nurgle's favour and acts accordingly. Whether that is actually the case hasn't really been put to the test.


Yeah. I think the nurgle crusade was lead by mortician, and several GUO.

Typhus was high, he commands Termus Est still, a healing nurgle battleship.


IIRC it was a three pronged assault, 1 prong lead by Typhus, 1 by Mortarian and one by a GUO

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in fi
Fixture of Dakka





Mortarion done doing nothing? He's been active on 40k universum post-HH as well.

”Buddhism doesn't tell you what is false and what is true but it encourages you to find out for yourself.” ~ Chogyam Trungpa ~ 
   
Made in gb
Keeper of the Holy Orb of Antioch





avoiding the lorax on Crion

BrianDavion wrote:
 jhe90 wrote:
 Karhedron wrote:
Typhus certainly thinks he is higher in Pappa Nurgle's favour and acts accordingly. Whether that is actually the case hasn't really been put to the test.


Yeah. I think the nurgle crusade was lead by mortician, and several GUO.

Typhus was high, he commands Termus Est still, a healing nurgle battleship.


IIRC it was a three pronged assault, 1 prong lead by Typhus, 1 by Mortarian and one by a GUO


Agh, must the the commanding GUO that was killed at end of dark impirum. Leaves Typhus and morty running about and causing chaos.


Sgt. Vanden - OOC Hey, that was your doing. I didn't choose to fly in the "Dongerprise'.

"May the odds be ever in your favour"

Hybrid Son Of Oxayotl wrote:
I have no clue how Dakka's moderation work. I expect it involves throwing a lot of d100 and looking at many random tables.

FudgeDumper - It could be that you are just so uncomfortable with the idea of your chapters primarch having his way with a docile tyranid spore cyst, that you must deny they have any feelings at all.  
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran






Backwoods bunker USA

Kulgath is the third of the trio and he’s still kicking.
   
Made in gb
Drakhun





tneva82 wrote:
Mortarion done doing nothing? He's been active on 40k universum post-HH as well.


No he hasn't. This is a massive recent retcon. The entire raison d'etre of Typhus is due to Morty slumming it and being all sentimental on the Plague Planet.



A GW fan walks into a bar, buys the same drink as yesterday but pays more.

""Unite" is a human word, ... join me or die." 
   
Made in nl
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps





Somewhere... over the rainbow

 Grimtuff wrote:
tneva82 wrote:
Mortarion done doing nothing? He's been active on 40k universum post-HH as well.


No he hasn't. This is a massive recent retcon. The entire raison d'etre of Typhus is due to Morty slumming it and being all sentimental on the Plague Planet.

Typhus can exist just fine alongside Mortarion. They are just two champions competing for Nurgle's favour.


А сегодня, что для завтра сделал Я? 
   
Made in us
Drakhun





 Iron_Captain wrote:
 Grimtuff wrote:
tneva82 wrote:
Mortarion done doing nothing? He's been active on 40k universum post-HH as well.


No he hasn't. This is a massive recent retcon. The entire raison d'etre of Typhus is due to Morty slumming it and being all sentimental on the Plague Planet.

Typhus can exist just fine alongside Mortarion. They are just two champions competing for Nurgle's favour.


Have a read of Typhus' original background. The entire reason for his existence is due to Morty being unwilling to enter realspace and just sitting on the Plague Planet, which he has reshaped to look like Barbarus.

Morty coming into realspace got retconned into existence by one Mat Ward in the 5th ed. GK codex. and believe me, there was a lot of uproar from people (not least due to the "carving his predescessor's name on Morty's heart" thing). He could have picked any Primarch, but no, he picked one who is specifically called out as not being active in realspace and another character's entire reason for their existence is based on that fact.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/14 22:23:57




A GW fan walks into a bar, buys the same drink as yesterday but pays more.

""Unite" is a human word, ... join me or die." 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K Background
Go to: