I got back into 40k
a couple of months ago and started working on a Thousand sons army. It is my first "real" army, since i only painted a couple of models before i quit many years ago. I am going with the classic color-scheme.
I have almost finished work on my first Hellbrute, but the head is still meh.
Before starting the model i looked for pictures online and liked one where the head was "glowing" blue-ish. So i tried to paint it that way before assembly.
Sadly that didn't work out as i wanted it to and now it is just missing contrast and looks bland. So i want to redo the head with another concept.
I would really love the head to pop, so probably a different color from the one's I used on the rest of the model would achieve that?
The problem is I'm not really good with colors, so I don't know which one would fit and which would look bad. So maybe you can help me out with suggestions on what colors to use on the head to make it pop but not "break" the mini.
Here are some pictures (sorry for the quality i dont have a good photo-setup yet):
So far he is painted in:
-Thousand Sons Blue / Ahriman Blue / Baharoth Blue for the blue armor.
- Averland Sunset / Yriel yellow for the yellow.
- Retributor Gold / Stormhost Silver / leadbelcher for the metal (maybe also some liberator gold i dont remember)
- Rakarth Flesh / Screaming Skull for the flesh
- A mix of celestia and russ grey for the cables.
And washes for shades and mixes of the above with white scar to create some highlight colors.
In case that it might be relevant (for reusing an already appearing color or something) the infantryman is painted in:
- Mix of Vallejo "German Grey" and Caledor Sky for the coat
- weird mixes of brown for the leather i dont remember
- Evil sunz scarlet for the red on the armor.
I hope you can help me out
I really like how it looks so far, but that head just doesnt work....
Thanks for the help,