Switch Theme:

Bolt action/Anvil Industries Conversion  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Private




Wiltshire

I am Looking to Convert myself an Imperial Guard Regiment using Bolt action bodies and Anvil Industries Arms. Has anyone already attempted this?

Send Nuggs 
   
Made in gb
Long-Range Ultramarine Land Speeder Pilot




Somerset uk

Nope but as an owner of plenty of bolt action kits and some bits from anvil I reckon you might get away with it. Let us know how you get on.
   
Made in de
Ork Boy Hangin' off a Trukk




Somewhere near Hamburg

BA soldiers might be a little bit too small and thin. 40k models dont have realistic proportions

Astra Milit..*blam* Astra Milliwhat, heretic? 
   
Made in gb
Long-Range Ultramarine Land Speeder Pilot




Somerset uk

I’ve heard of people using the newish plastic winter Germans to make valhallans. Always worth a shot even if you just pick up a frame from warlord games.
   
Made in gb
Private




Wiltshire

Morkphoiz wrote:
BA soldiers might be a little bit too small and thin. 40k models dont have realistic proportions


That's the worry, If Anvil's bitz are proportioned for Gw's models then My Guardsmen will look ridiculous.
I'll post again once The bits arrive to show the fit.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 xKillGorex wrote:
Nope but as an owner of plenty of bolt action kits and some bits from anvil I reckon you might get away with it. Let us know how you get on.


Can I ask for a picture of the bitz and models together for a size comparison?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/12/06 22:28:03


Send Nuggs 
   
Made in gb
Long-Range Ultramarine Land Speeder Pilot




Somerset uk

Will try to dig the bits out but you might find the ones you’ve ordered turn up before I get the chance. What bolt action plastics were you thinking of using. I’d probably not bother using the older German or us infantry kits as they look a lot smaller than newer kits from warlord.

Not that I’ve actually tried any kit bashing between to two as am strictly a bolt action fan these days.
   
Made in gb
Mysterious Techpriest










Anvil heads and some fatigue arms, Warlord games winter Soviets and some lasguns and bren from Victoria Lamb.

Anvil's parts (especially the fatigue arms) work fine with the winter soviets and should work with the winter Germans as well, you just need a bit of greenstuff to fill gaps in the joins, likewise with heads.

Victoria Lamb's lasguns are really good fit for the rifle grip arms that come on the winter soviet sprue, shame importing them is really expensive, otherwise they are much better scaled.




 
   
Made in gb
Private




Wiltshire

 OneManNoodles wrote:



Anvil heads and some fatigue arms, Warlord games winter Soviets and some lasguns and bren from Victoria Lamb.

Anvil's parts (especially the fatigue arms) work fine with the winter soviets and should work with the winter Germans as well, you just need a bit of greenstuff to fill gaps in the joins, likewise with heads.

Victoria Lamb's lasguns are really good fit for the rifle grip arms that come on the winter soviet sprue, shame importing them is really expensive, otherwise they are much better scaled.


Thanks a lot that's just what I was after, Ill be sure to post an update once my bitz have arrived.
(Great looking models as well)

Send Nuggs 
   
 
Forum Index » Dakka Discussions
Go to: