Switch Theme:

Skitarii are getting a transport (and a tank!) - Skorpius Dunerider  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in fr
Trazyn's Museum Curator





on the forum. Obviously








And the Skorpius Disintegrator battle tank version:






GW just released this video.




I might have chuckled.
But yeah, it seems very likely that Ad mech will finally get their own transport unit.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/12 07:09:20


What I have
~4100
~1660
: LM

Westwood lives in death!
Peace through power!

A longbeard when it comes to Necrons and WHFB. Grumble Grumble

 
   
Made in us
Ruthless Interrogator





Maine

I'm hoping they stick to the fluff on the.....mule I think it was called. Another dune crawler type vehicle.

Voxed from Salamander 84-24020
 
   
Made in nl
Never Forget Isstvan!





The Netherlands

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/774978.page

The Wars of Tusculum Nova - A Vanguard Miniatures fanblog 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Perfected Haemonculi Living Sculpture






Yea that was actually pretty funny. Sounds like they have started pulling common requests from the big survey. This was probably one of the easier ones lol.

   
Made in fr
Trazyn's Museum Curator





on the forum. Obviously

 Insurgency Walker wrote:
I'm hoping they stick to the fluff on the.....mule I think it was called. Another dune crawler type vehicle.


Yeah, a big multilegged APC might look cool. Maybe a chimera with legs?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/04 11:39:59


What I have
~4100
~1660
: LM

Westwood lives in death!
Peace through power!

A longbeard when it comes to Necrons and WHFB. Grumble Grumble

 
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

 Insurgency Walker wrote:
I'm hoping they stick to the fluff on the.....mule I think it was called. Another dune crawler type vehicle.

The "mule" is the Onager. It's a play off some old Roman military stuff if I remember right.
   
Made in fr
Trazyn's Museum Curator





on the forum. Obviously

 Kanluwen wrote:
 Insurgency Walker wrote:
I'm hoping they stick to the fluff on the.....mule I think it was called. Another dune crawler type vehicle.

The "mule" is the Onager. It's a play off some old Roman military stuff if I remember right.


Isn't the MULE a sort of chassis that the Onager was based on? It was originally a vehicle by Arkham Land, that was adapted into various forms, no?

What I have
~4100
~1660
: LM

Westwood lives in death!
Peace through power!

A longbeard when it comes to Necrons and WHFB. Grumble Grumble

 
   
Made in us
Ruthless Interrogator





Maine

 Kanluwen wrote:
 Insurgency Walker wrote:
I'm hoping they stick to the fluff on the.....mule I think it was called. Another dune crawler type vehicle.

The "mule" is the Onager. It's a play off some old Roman military stuff if I remember right.


Yes it was an Onager but with transport capacity. I don't know if we'll get a stretched Onager but if they stick with the idea of variations on a standard STL I'd be happy

Voxed from Salamander 84-24020
 
   
Made in se
Regular Dakkanaut





Well, onager literally means donkey in latin, and it was also the name of an ancient type of catapult.
   
Made in us
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader




 Red Corsair wrote:
Yea that was actually pretty funny. Sounds like they have started pulling common requests from the big survey. This was probably one of the easier ones lol.


No.

The community survey is only a couple weeks old. Even modifying an existing sprue takes more time than that.
Even that video probably took GW more time than that...

Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





Voss wrote:
 Red Corsair wrote:
Yea that was actually pretty funny. Sounds like they have started pulling common requests from the big survey. This was probably one of the easier ones lol.


No.

The community survey is only a couple weeks old. Even modifying an existing sprue takes more time than that.
Even that video probably took GW more time than that...



The model was likely made last year, depending when we see the actual release.

GW have made it common knowledge their lead time needed on various books, models, ranges etc..
But there's always a few comments like that..
   
Made in de
Inspiring Icon Bearer






Not going to speculate on Red Corsair's intention, but we did have a big survey a year and a half ago. Not just last month.

That lead time you're so quick to point to, that's stretched to the limit by plastic Sisters. GW can't just release multiple larger requests that quickly. Anything else, model wise anyway, that would have appeared in there and been approved by GW, is only going to start to show now.

A lone transport, and maybe a couple of supporting characters to make the release worthwhile in GW's eyes, is fairly easy compared to something as big as a new army. GW only has so much capacity for that, and that's currently taken up by Sisters.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

Is it bad that I hope it is exactly what it is said to be?

Something that can only transport Skitarii keyworded units, not Adeptus Mechanicus units...but possibly Techpriests can come in.
   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

Looking forward to seeing what this looks like

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in us
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader




 Kanluwen wrote:
Is it bad that I hope it is exactly what it is said to be?

Something that can only transport Skitarii keyworded units, not Adeptus Mechanicus units...but possibly Techpriests can come in.


Why? That just seems randomly arbitrary.
What possible rationale exists to bar the rest of the same army from getting in a vehicle?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/04 14:37:51


Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in us
Crazed Spirit of the Defiler







Voss wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
Is it bad that I hope it is exactly what it is said to be?

Something that can only transport Skitarii keyworded units, not Adeptus Mechanicus units...but possibly Techpriests can come in.


Why? That just seems randomly arbitrary.
What possible rationale exists to bar the rest of the same army from getting in a vehicle?


Radiation.

   
Made in ca
Trustworthy Shas'vre






That video..."Okay, okay, if we give you this will you STOP ASKING?"

   
Made in de
Blood Angel Neophyte Undergoing Surgeries




Very cool. Although I have two drills I'm really looking forward to this. There were some rumour pics that had onager asthetics, right? Or maybe it's an anti grav vehicle? I remember those floaty engine pics that also had some admech resemblance. Maybe Cawl had his mechandrites into this.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





rhavien wrote:
Very cool. Although I have two drills I'm really looking forward to this. There were some rumour pics that had onager asthetics, right? Or maybe it's an anti grav vehicle? I remember those floaty engine pics that also had some admech resemblance. Maybe Cawl had his mechandrites into this.


There was a hatch that looked like the onager hatch, but could also be for a Sororitas transport.
   
Made in gb
Grumpy Longbeard





I seriously hope it is based on the Onager design. In my head it has the front end of the current Onager with a smaller support turret array but instead of just being stretched out to accommodate the troops, it’s segmented into independently articulated sections like these crawler transports the Dutch Marine Corps use:

Only with legs instead of tracks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/04 17:15:03


"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in es
Dark Angels Librarian with Book of Secrets




Vigo. Spain.

 Saturmorn Carvilli wrote:
Voss wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
Is it bad that I hope it is exactly what it is said to be?

Something that can only transport Skitarii keyworded units, not Adeptus Mechanicus units...but possibly Techpriests can come in.


Why? That just seems randomly arbitrary.
What possible rationale exists to bar the rest of the same army from getting in a vehicle?


Radiation.


Techpriest are the Admech unit that needs a transport. If the transport can't transport techpriests...

 Crimson Devil wrote:

Dakka does have White Knights and is also rather infamous for it's Black Knights. A new edition brings out the passionate and not all of them are good at expressing themselves in written form. There have been plenty of hysterical responses from both sides so far. So we descend into pointless bickering with neither side listening to each other. So posting here becomes more masturbation than conversation.

ERJAK wrote:
Forcing a 40k player to keep playing 7th is basically a hate crime.

 
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





 Red Corsair wrote:
Yea that was actually pretty funny. Sounds like they have started pulling common requests from the big survey. This was probably one of the easier ones lol.


Which one? If this model is coming this year it's been on work for like a year already. Minimum.

“Nothing has a definite nature, so people cannot be purely evil. Even so-called evil people will aspire to follow a moral path when they feel a sense of community.” – Kukai

11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
2465 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights
 
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

Quasistellar wrote:
rhavien wrote:
Very cool. Although I have two drills I'm really looking forward to this. There were some rumour pics that had onager asthetics, right? Or maybe it's an anti grav vehicle? I remember those floaty engine pics that also had some admech resemblance. Maybe Cawl had his mechandrites into this.


There was a hatch that looked like the onager hatch, but could also be for a Sororitas transport.

No, it could not be. It was not a fleur de lys.
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





yay skitari transport, they deserve one!

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in us
Crazed Spirit of the Defiler







 Galas wrote:
 Saturmorn Carvilli wrote:
Voss wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
Is it bad that I hope it is exactly what it is said to be?

Something that can only transport Skitarii keyworded units, not Adeptus Mechanicus units...but possibly Techpriests can come in.


Why? That just seems randomly arbitrary.
What possible rationale exists to bar the rest of the same army from getting in a vehicle?


Radiation.


Techpriest are the Admech unit that needs a transport. If the transport can't transport techpriests...


I am not arguing that point. Just playing Daemonic Advocate for a possible rationale to have a Skitarii only transport. It is well established that Vanguard weapons are so radioactive that sickens others being in their presence and eventually, even with all their cybernetics and other shielding, destroys Vanguard members themselves. I won't even say that radiation is a good rationale. Just that it is a possible one.

   
Made in us
[DCM]
Perfected Haemonculi Living Sculpture






Danny76 wrote:
Voss wrote:
 Red Corsair wrote:
Yea that was actually pretty funny. Sounds like they have started pulling common requests from the big survey. This was probably one of the easier ones lol.


No.

The community survey is only a couple weeks old. Even modifying an existing sprue takes more time than that.
Even that video probably took GW more time than that...



The model was likely made last year, depending when we see the actual release.

GW have made it common knowledge their lead time needed on various books, models, ranges etc..
But there's always a few comments like that..


Doesn't mean the community had no impact. That model could have been done the same time the rest of the admech stuff was and just sitting on the back burner. It could have been planned for a release next fall. This sort of thing apparently happens a lot. It's why people like hastings have info on models like primarchs years in advance at times.




Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Geifer wrote:
Not going to speculate on Red Corsair's intention, but we did have a big survey a year and a half ago. Not just last month.

That lead time you're so quick to point to, that's stretched to the limit by plastic Sisters. GW can't just release multiple larger requests that quickly. Anything else, model wise anyway, that would have appeared in there and been approved by GW, is only going to start to show now.

A lone transport, and maybe a couple of supporting characters to make the release worthwhile in GW's eyes, is fairly easy compared to something as big as a new army. GW only has so much capacity for that, and that's currently taken up by Sisters.


I wasn't assuming they whipped this up in 2 weeks, but that never stops the black knights of dakka from jumping all over someones post.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/05/04 18:14:15


   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut







Bah, this is just Imperial Favoritism. Skitarrii get made up, get models, and now they're getting a transport while other pre-existing factions like Chaos Demons continue to wait for transports.

Disclaimer: Is Black Knight anything like DCM? Do I have to sign up and pay a membership due?

I just don't know whether to cheer for the Skitarii getting a tracked transport or a spider legged thing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/04 18:29:11


 
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





 solkan wrote:
Bah, this is just Imperial Favoritism. Skitarrii get made up, get models, and now they're getting a transport while other pre-existing factions like Chaos Demons continue to wait for transports.


deamons have a transport though, it's called a chaos character summoning

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/04 18:55:33


 
   
Made in be
Aspirant Tech-Adept





Belgium

The thing preventing other AdMech units from fitting in ? The same that prevents Terminators from riding Repulsors: REASONS

If they make it Skitarii/Tech-Priest limited then I expect a cheaper price than if you could fit 12 Electro-Priests in there. But in all fairness for all the fluff reasons I'd love a Skitarii/Tech-Priest only transport, it's way more reasonable to allow all the infantry to fit, because Electro-Priests and Ruststalkers REALLY need it, especially now that Stygies VIII's Infiltration stratagem is nigh useless.

Just hoping it won't cost 50+€ for a 80 pts vehicle

40K Mechanicus, Dark Angels, and Drukhari.

 Rolsheen wrote:
Ah yes the mythical world of Cyraxus
Where GW hold an annual bonfire festival to burn the hopes and dreams of all Ad Mech players
 
   
Made in us
Da Head Honcho Boss Grot




 Red Corsair wrote:
Yea that was actually pretty funny. Sounds like they have started pulling common requests from the big survey. This was probably one of the easier ones lol.


If this was in response to the latest survey that would be an impossibly fast turnaround. Maybe as a request from the first big survey?
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: