Switch Theme:

[2000] - Red Corsairs  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut






Hey all, I've just finished a relatively thematic but not super competitive list with my Iyanden. Now I'm looking start a new project and love the Red Corsairs lore of them and now their rules seem to be one of the most competitive amongst the Chaos legions/Renegades. So here ya go:

++ Battalion Detachment ++

+ HQ [1CP, 240pts] +

Huron Blackheart [1CP]: Diabolic Strength, Reaver Lord, Warlord [1CP]

Sorcerer with Jump Pack: Combi-melta, Death Hex, Force stave, Maelstrom's Bite, Mark of Tzeentch, Prescience, Reaver Lord Artefact

+ Troops [22 PL, 470pts] +

Chaos Space Marines: Mark of Slaanesh
. Aspiring Champion: Combi-plasma, Power fist
. 17x Marine w/ Boltgun
. Marine w/ heavy weapon: Lascannon
. Marine w/ heavy weapon: Lascannon

Chaos Space Marines: Mark of Slaanesh
. Aspiring Champion: Chainsword, Combi-bolter
. 4x Marine w/ Boltgun

Chaos Space Marines: Mark of Slaanesh
. Aspiring Champion Combi-bolter, Power Maul
. 4x Marine w/ Boltgun

+ Fast Attack [8 PL, 179pts] +

Bikers: Icon of Wrath, Mark of Khorne
. Biker: Chainsword, Combi-bolter
. Biker: Chainsword, Combi-bolter
. Biker: Chainsword, Combi-bolter
. Biker: Chainsword, Combi-bolter, Plasma gun
. Biker: Chainsword, Combi-bolter, Plasma gun
. Biker Champion: Combi-bolter, Power Maul

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP [30 PL, , 550pts] ++

Legion: Red Corsairs

Specialist Detachment [-1CP]: Soulforged Pack [-1CP]

+ HQ [9 PL, 160pts] +

Lord Discordant on Helstalker [160pts]: Autocannon, Mark of Slaanesh, Master of the Soulforges, Mecha-serpents
. Helstalker: Techno-virus injector

+ Heavy Support [21 PL, 390pts] +

Venomcrawler: Mark of Slaanesh

Venomcrawler: Mark of Slaanesh

Venomcrawler: Mark of Slaanesh

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment [491pts] ++

+ Lord of War +

Renegade Knight [25 PL, 491pts]: Heavy stubber
. Rapid-fire battle cannon and heavy stubber: Heavy stubber, Rapid-fire battle cannon
. Rapid-fire battle cannon and heavy stubber: Heavy stubber, Rapid-fire battle cannon

+ Fortification Network +

Noctilith Crown

++ Total: [102 PL, 12CP, 2,000pts] ++

So I've built this list to have abit of everything, camping CSM's to shred hordes with bolters and a couple Lascannons for armour (a big blob that I'd almost certainly bring back with the 3CP strat every game), Huron buffing rerolls with the Knight as the Heavy firebase (can use him to control middle of the board). The crown is there for the invulnerable save to stop the potential of the large blob being wiped in one go. Also if I don't use the Sorcerer to deepstrike and try death hex something nasty it's handy to have the crown around to reroll psychic tests.

Meanwhile I've got a pretty fast rushing blob of Venomcrawlers buffed by the boss man lord disordant in the Vigilus Detachment. I understand the Venomcrawlers aren't the most optimised unit in the world but they'll work as as a distraction at least hopefully. Think with Red Corsairs trait the ability to advance and charge could be great depending on board layout.

The bikers are there to also to do abit of everything but mainly go objective hunting (plus they're thematic as Corsairs).

Overall a tasty list that I think only really suffers vs flyers, I wanted to have the anti flyer weapon on the Knight but struggling for points

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/17 09:08:17


 
   
Made in gb
Lesser Daemon of Chaos





Yorkshire

Looks like it has a lot of the good stuff in CSM. May want to hold off on the knight purchase until chaos knight codex comes out.

You can only run 3 detachments in matched play normally (this is only GE guidance for 2k points but almost all tournements uphold it).

I'd drop the noctolith crown most anti infantry isn't going to be above -2AP and all your daemon engines and knight already have 5++.

You could use the points, if you make a couple more changes, on a second lord discordant.

Flyers aren't as much of a worry now as you can just move through their bases and kill off the ground troops to table your opponent.
   
Made in de
Rampaging Furioso Blood Angel Dreadnought






Germany

I suggest you read the rules. Huron cant give re-rolls to a renegade knight, its not RED CORSAIRS. Venomcrawlers cant advance and charge, the red corsairs legion trait doesnt apply to them. Only CHARACTER, DREADNOUGHT, BIKER and INFANTRY get the legion trait. One of the crawlers can charge with the infernal engines stratagem. If you want the crawlers to be able to charge you need a herald of slaanesh (crawlers must be SLAANESH as well), which allows SLAANESH DAEMONS to charge after advancing. The detachment which includes the herald needs to be slaanesh only, otherwise he doesnt get the advance and charge ability.

   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut






 p5freak wrote:
I suggest you read the rules. Huron cant give re-rolls to a renegade knight, its not RED CORSAIRS. Venomcrawlers cant advance and charge, the red corsairs legion trait doesnt apply to them. Only CHARACTER, DREADNOUGHT, BIKER and INFANTRY get the legion trait. One of the crawlers can charge with the infernal engines stratagem. If you want the crawlers to be able to charge you need a herald of slaanesh (crawlers must be SLAANESH as well), which allows SLAANESH DAEMONS to charge after advancing. The detachment which includes the herald needs to be slaanesh only, otherwise he doesnt get the advance and charge ability.



Yeah don't worry, I knew Huron would only be buffing the CSM's. As for the the Venomcrawlers that's annoying but hey ho I'm using them mostly as distraction carnifex's, if any survive the potential dakka coming they're way I'll use the decent amount of CP at my disposal for the infernal engines strat on one.. Red corsairs aren't really about the Chaos god's much so I'd like to steer clear of daemons and mixing it up that much. Still at least the Lord gets it


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 small_gods wrote:
Looks like it has a lot of the good stuff in CSM. May want to hold off on the knight purchase until chaos knight codex comes out.

You can only run 3 detachments in matched play normally (this is only GE guidance for 2k points but almost all tournements uphold it).

I'd drop the noctolith crown most anti infantry isn't going to be above -2AP and all your daemon engines and knight already have 5++.

You could use the points, if you make a couple more changes, on a second lord discordant.

Flyers aren't as much of a worry now as you can just move through their bases and kill off the ground troops to table your opponent.


Ah completely missed that but valid point, maybe drop the bikers and get a second? Only thing is that I hate spamming characters, I know I said competitive but I like an army to look like a army.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/17 22:07:41


 
   
Made in gb
Lesser Daemon of Chaos





Yorkshire

 ThatNorthLondonGuy wrote:

Ah completely missed that but valid point, maybe drop the bikers and get a second? Only thing is that I hate spamming characters, I know I said competitive but I like an army to look like a army.


To be fair you don't have to have a second lord discordant, just something else to draw off the fire from him. You already have the knight so maybe just a helbrute or FW dread?

Also I think the venomcrawler is the best choice to run with LD it's cheap, relatively tough and much more reliable than othe Daemon Engines in dealing damage at range because of assault weapons.
   
 
Forum Index » 40K Army Lists
Go to: