Switch Theme:

Do you think all the space marine supplements will be released before the end of this year?  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





I think GWS said that they'll release all of them before the end of the year?

So far we have:

August - Ultramarines + White Scars
September - Raven Guard + Iron Hands
October - Imperial Fists? + ???
November - ??? + ???
December - ??? + ???

Guesses as to what's coming next that hasn't been mentioned already:
Salamanders, Dark Angels, Blood Angels, Space Wolves.

I mean there are 9 first founding loyalist legions. So, am I missing something? Maybe it's Ultramarines + White Scars and 7 more supplements? Because it would be really awkward if they left out one of the first founding loyalist legions. Plus, I'm not sure why the Deathwatch seem to be left out of this? I mean, do they really need a whole new codex if that's what they're getting since they can't use so much of what everyone else is. Wouldn't a supplement like all the others be better?

I mean they seem to be releasing them pretty fast and it's not as if these are very difficult to do. That's why they're releasing two within the same month. I mean if they keep up the pace from this month and last month, they could easily release all the supplements and I'm not sure if I'm really seeing any reason as to why they'd want to stretch this out. Especially with the sisters of battle coming in, I can't remember XD.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/09/08 18:43:23


 
   
Made in us
Ultramarine Master with Gauntlets of Macragge





Upstate, New York

I think the big question is if they are going to wrap BA/SW/DA back into the fold as supliments, or keep them as stand alone books. As the new codex specifically calls out SW/BA/DA/Deathwatch/GK/LotD as being significantly different and not being able to make use of the rules, I’m pretty sure they are not on the table right now.

So that just leaves Salamanders and Fists for October. The rest I think they will get to eventually, but would not expect anything soon. And I’d expect them as full codexes, not supplements.

Ultramarines, 3rd Co. and friends, 12.5K+ Slowly growing 2Kish
Nevelon's Workbench: Ultramarines, Saim-Hann and other assorted oddities
 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





Okay, I get that. But what would they focus on then? Because Black Templars don't really follow the codex astartes.

Also, I am confused why there has been no mention of incursors having their own box set at all since a picture of their rules were released about a month ago. Maybe it will happen next week during pre orders, but the incursors have to come out since they're basically tailored for the Raven Guard, the stealthiest of all the loyalists.
   
Made in us
Ultramarine Master with Gauntlets of Macragge





Upstate, New York

I think of the new units we are still waiting for the impulsor and the incurser/infiltrator duel box. I’m guessing next month with the Sal/Fist books. That should put a nice bow on top of the new marine releases just in plenty of time for holiday shopping. I’d guess mid Oct, but no later than early Nov.

Ultramarines, 3rd Co. and friends, 12.5K+ Slowly growing 2Kish
Nevelon's Workbench: Ultramarines, Saim-Hann and other assorted oddities
 
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





GW has said, space wolves, dark angels etc aren't getting a supplement, they are stand alones. I expect ratehr then a new codex these chapters to be given some rules in psykic awakening that brings them up to par.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/09/09 04:01:23


Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in gb
Sagitarius with a Big F'in Gun




Guess Order (Pablo ITC confirmed 8 Factions in a podcast).
Ultramarines/White Scars
Iron Hands/Raven Guard
Imperial Fists/Salamanders
Crimson Fists/Black Templars
   
Made in us
Pragmatic Collabirator






ThatMG wrote:
Guess Order (Pablo ITC confirmed 8 Factions in a podcast).
Ultramarines/White Scars
Iron Hands/Raven Guard
Imperial Fists/Salamanders
Crimson Fists/Black Templars
8? The warhammer community picture showed 6 supplement books.

I think the CF and BT will be lumped in with Imperial Fists since these seem to be books for a first founding chapter + successors and not just books for some of the major chapters.

But do you all really think BA, DA, SW, DW, and GK will stay as their own independent factions? GK has to be on their own, but the others still can use most all the normal marine units, a few changes notwithstanding and especially with primaris standardizing all the marine lines.

Also, do you think Chaos will get a similar treatment at some point? A core rule book and then separate rules for the subfactions, god realted or otherwise?
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





 Eipi10 wrote:
ThatMG wrote:
Guess Order (Pablo ITC confirmed 8 Factions in a podcast).
Ultramarines/White Scars
Iron Hands/Raven Guard
Imperial Fists/Salamanders
Crimson Fists/Black Templars
8? The warhammer community picture showed 6 supplement books.

I think the CF and BT will be lumped in with Imperial Fists since these seem to be books for a first founding chapter + successors and not just books for some of the major chapters.

But do you all really think BA, DA, SW, DW, and GK will stay as their own independent factions? GK has to be on their own, but the others still can use most all the normal marine units, a few changes notwithstanding and especially with primaris standardizing all the marine lines.

Also, do you think Chaos will get a similar treatment at some point? A core rule book and then separate rules for the subfactions, god realted or otherwise?


ohh for feth's sake not this again.

Yes yes I do think they will stay seperate because GW said they'll stay seperate. GW also just recently created a seperate 1k sons and death guard codex.

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in us
Pragmatic Collabirator






When did they say they would stay separate?
   
Made in ca
Sagitarius with a Big F'in Gun






 Eipi10 wrote:
ThatMG wrote:
Guess Order (Pablo ITC confirmed 8 Factions in a podcast).
Ultramarines/White Scars
Iron Hands/Raven Guard
Imperial Fists/Salamanders
Crimson Fists/Black Templars
8? The warhammer community picture showed 6 supplement books.

I think the CF and BT will be lumped in with Imperial Fists since these seem to be books for a first founding chapter + successors and not just books for some of the major chapters.

But do you all really think BA, DA, SW, DW, and GK will stay as their own independent factions? GK has to be on their own, but the others still can use most all the normal marine units, a few changes notwithstanding and especially with primaris standardizing all the marine lines.

Also, do you think Chaos will get a similar treatment at some point? A core rule book and then separate rules for the subfactions, god realted or otherwise?


What I heard is that Crimson fists will be rolled into the Imp Fist book but the Black Templars will have there own thing. Not sure if it will be a supplement, a separate codex, or something in a White Dwarf like the Blood Ravens.

Also yes They will stay separate. And Chaos does have the Thousand Sons and Death Guard with their own codex's. I personally think the Emperors Children and World Eaters should have their own book as well but that is just me. If they will I don't know.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Eipi10 wrote:
When did they say they would stay separate?

They have not direct to my knowledge, but the fact that they have had a separate codex this addition and that none of their unique rules are in the Space Marine codex and that they can't use the combat doctrines is a pretty good indicator.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/09/09 06:36:37


 
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





GW is increasing the number of codices, expecting consolidation at this point in time seems... at odds with what we're seeing. In fact I think it's more likely we'll see some of these supplements spark new codices rather then consolidation.

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in gb
Towering Hierophant Bio-Titan





The rumour is Crimson Fists will be in Imperial Fists supplement and the Black Templars will be expanded on as part of Psychic Awakening.

We don't really know until they tell us more, but we are pretty certain there are only 6 supplements coming any time soon.
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





 Stux wrote:
The rumour is Crimson Fists will be in Imperial Fists supplement and the Black Templars will be expanded on as part of Psychic Awakening.

We don't really know until they tell us more, but we are pretty certain there are only 6 supplements coming any time soon.


I hope Templar fans aren't left waiting months on end for their stuff.

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in us
Pragmatic Collabirator






KingGarland wrote:What I heard is that Crimson fists will be rolled into the Imp Fist book but the Black Templars will have there own thing. Not sure if it will be a supplement, a separate codex, or something in a White Dwarf like the Blood Ravens.

Also yes They will stay separate. And Chaos does have the Thousand Sons and Death Guard with their own codex's. I personally think the Emperors Children and World Eaters should have their own book as well but that is just me. If they will I don't know.

I want to say I read that BT would be part of a psychic awakening book. But the fact the EC and WE don't have their own book is why I ask that, it almost seems like an oversight. But maybe those armies aren't popular enough to justify it, so are doomed to be part of the normal CSM. I don't think I know many people with more than a passing interest in getting a WE or EC army, or even anything other than BL, TS, DG, or their own warband.


BrianDavion wrote:GW is increasing the number of codices, expecting consolidation at this point in time seems... at odds with what we're seeing. In fact I think it's more likely we'll see some of these supplements spark new codices rather then consolidation.

New full codices? Kroot when.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/09/09 06:58:25


 
   
Made in de
Chalice-Wielding Sanguinary High Priest






Germany

 Eipi10 wrote:
When did they say they would stay separate?


This was in the 2017 SM codex, and it still is in the new SM codex.

"Note that Space Wolves, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Deathwatch, Grey Knights, and Legion of the Damned deviate significantly in terms of Organisation and fighting styles. These chapters therefore cannot make use of any of the rules in this section and instead have their own rules in other publications"

   
Made in us
Pragmatic Collabirator






Legion of the Damned Codex when?
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




BrianDavion 780067 10564777 wrote:GW has said, space wolves, dark angels etc aren't getting a supplement, they are stand alones. I expect ratehr then a new codex these chapters to be given some rules in psykic awakening that brings them up to par.

Wouldn't the change have to be very extensive though, if they just give 3 psychic powers , 3 relics and new missions and maybe 3-6 new stratagams to a faction with a bad core book, it is never going to catch up to something like ultramarines.
   
Made in ca
Sagitarius with a Big F'in Gun






 Eipi10 wrote:
Legion of the Damned Codex when?


Considering their likely nature they might get something during the Psychic Awakening.
   
Made in gb
Towering Hierophant Bio-Titan





Karol wrote:
BrianDavion 780067 10564777 wrote:GW has said, space wolves, dark angels etc aren't getting a supplement, they are stand alones. I expect ratehr then a new codex these chapters to be given some rules in psykic awakening that brings them up to par.

Wouldn't the change have to be very extensive though, if they just give 3 psychic powers , 3 relics and new missions and maybe 3-6 new stratagams to a faction with a bad core book, it is never going to catch up to something like ultramarines.


It depends. It could give them each a doctrine, and that doctrine could be ridiculous.

However you're right it probably won't fix them - that doesn't mean that isn't what will happen though.
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





the big thing seperating codex space marines from the other guys right now is doctrines, and stratigiums. new stratigiums could certainly be added in.

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Well I myself have zero knowladge of what can happen, and am not smart enough to just know it. I don't even know what armies like DA or SW need to be considered good or just fun to play with. There is a chance, I think, that a doctrine could change an army though. SW are a melee army right? If they struggle with just one aspect of melee, like killing stuff or getting in to melee it could be fixed with a doctrine. It could be harder to pull of if an army needs multiple stuff. Or worse if GW over does it, we could have BA intercessor sgts blending knights with power swords or bare fists
   
Made in us
Perfect Shot Ultramarine Predator Pilot





Holy Terra

Yes.

Not including DA, BA, SW, DW, GK

Those are different books.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/09/09 08:02:35


-~Ishagu~- 
   
Made in gb
Sagitarius with a Big F'in Gun




AGAIN I repeat this point ITC PABLO has all ready confirmed 8 books a for the 8 CHAPTERS mentioned in SM Codex and Enhanced Chapter Tactics this is because they have "knowledge of being a product supplier"

Anyone who is posting "rumor is Crimson Fists / Black Templars are going to be in [insert faction book]" are wrong and spreading misinformation. At this point getting fed up with people who don't realise why GW would make 8 books for each faction.

GW 8th Ed Profit model (Customers spend 50% on rulebooks and 50% on models.)

Special Snowflake marines will stay non-supplement until a new codex (either end of 8th or 9th). they can add options outside of codexs just like they did with all the Shadowspear and new units FAQs etc. Or collate them into the faction books dealing with the warzones space wolves and blood angels + others will be at (similar to vigilus book two for CSM).

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2019/09/09 17:38:56


 
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

ThatMG wrote:
AGAIN I repeat this point ITC PABLO has all ready confirmed 8 books a for the 8 CHAPTERS mentioned in SM Codex and Enhanced Chapter Tactics this is because they have "knowledge of being a product supplier"

"Product supplier" for what? Are they a printer? Cardboard manufacturing?

Anyone who is posting "rumor is Crimson Fists / Black Templars are going to be in [insert faction book]" are wrong and spreading misinformation. At this point getting fed up with people who don't realise why GW would make 8 books for each faction.


Right now, that's the only real information. That's 6 faction books, not 8.
   
Made in gb
Sagitarius with a Big F'in Gun




 Kanluwen wrote:
ThatMG wrote:
AGAIN I repeat this point ITC PABLO has all ready confirmed 8 books a for the 8 CHAPTERS mentioned in SM Codex and Enhanced Chapter Tactics this is because they have "knowledge of being a product supplier"

"Product supplier" for what? Are they a printer? Cardboard manufacturing?

Anyone who is posting "rumor is Crimson Fists / Black Templars are going to be in [insert faction book]" are wrong and spreading misinformation. At this point getting fed up with people who don't realise why GW would make 8 books for each faction.

Spoiler:

Right now, that's the only real information. That's 6 faction books, not 8.


You do realise what a copy paste is right?


Nothing you said negates pablo's statement of confirmation of 8 supplements.

for ref




34:05 (Statement that includes) the confirmation of 6 books AFTER white scars and Ultramarines...
34:35 (6 Supplements post codex + UM/WS)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2019/09/09 19:09:55


 
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

ThatMG wrote:

You do realise what a copy paste is right?

Sure do. That's how I went and made the picture from GW's own Community Article for the Apocalypse Open Day appear!

Nothing you said negates pablo's statement of confirmation of 8 supplements.

Still waiting to hear how he's a "supplier of product" for GW.

There has been zero mention of a number on the expansions, but given that GW didn't have to make any number beyond "one" for their 'teaser'? I'll go with GW and their 6 over some random podcast that claims to "have knowledge of being a product supplier".
   
Made in us
Boom! Leman Russ Commander





 Eipi10 wrote:
When did they say they would stay separate?


In the FAQ; it specified that SW/DA/DW/BA will use their own codex with the Shock Assault addition.



As another observation, during those ???? slots, at least one of them is Sisters of Battle, and one of them is probably Eldar of some kind given the fact that they implied they had more than just Banshees lined up for plastic aspects.

A nonzero number of those ??? will be Age of Sigmar related.

Guardsmen, hear me! Cadia may lie in ruin, but her proud people do not! For each brother and sister who gave their lives to Him as martyrs, we will reap a vengeance fiftyfold! Cadia may be no more, but will never be forgotten; our foes shall tremble in fear at the name, for their doom shall come from the barrels of Cadian guns, fired by Cadian hands! Forward, for vengeance and retribution, in His name and the names of our fallen comrades! 
   
Made in gb
Sagitarius with a Big F'in Gun




 Kanluwen wrote:
ThatMG wrote:

You do realise what a copy paste is right?

Sure do. That's how I went and made the picture from GW's own Community Article for the Apocalypse Open Day appear!

Nothing you said negates pablo's statement of confirmation of 8 supplements.

Still waiting to hear how he's a "supplier of product" for GW.

There has been zero mention of a number on the expansions, but given that GW didn't have to make any number beyond "one" for their 'teaser'? I'll go with GW and their 6 over some random podcast that claims to "have knowledge of being a product supplier".


1) the img you posted doesn't show 6 books, it shows 1 book copy pasted 5 times and redacted placed on the side.


2) Vid clearly shows him having insider info, so yeah I view him more credible than say your baseless dismissals.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/09/09 19:40:17


 
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

ThatMG wrote:

1) the img you posted doesn't show 6 books, it shows 1 book copy pasted 5 times and redacted placed on the side.

Prove it.

You're welcome to believe that's the case, but once again:
They didn't have to show more than one book if they chose not to.

2) Vid clearly shows him having insider info, so yeah I view him more credible than say your baseless dismissals.

He's a RETAILER, not a product supplier, first of all.

What actually was "showing him having insider info"? He talked about being a retailer and spouted the "six books" line that was circulating the intertubes when people were first starting the whole insisting that DA/BA/SW were going to be supplements.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/09/09 20:07:51


 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut







 Kanluwen wrote:
ThatMG wrote:

1) the img you posted doesn't show 6 books, it shows 1 book copy pasted 5 times and redacted placed on the side.

Prove it.

You're welcome to believe that's the case, but once again:
They didn't have to show more than one book if they chose not to.

2) Vid clearly shows him having insider info, so yeah I view him more credible than say your baseless dismissals.

He's a RETAILER, not a product supplier, first of all.

What actually was "showing him having insider info"? He talked about being a retailer and spouted the "six books" line that was circulating the intertubes when people were first starting the whole insisting that DA/BA/SW were going to be supplements.

Kan, fella, I wouldn't bother - this poster has shown before to be irrationally tied to the idea that this random third party, who may be a retailer, seems to know about two unannounced codex supplements that are otherwise merely speculation...

2019 Plog - Dysartes Twitches - 2019 Output

My Twitch stream - going live at 7pm GMT Tuesday & Thursday, 12pm Sunday (work permitting).

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.
 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: