Switch Theme:

The new primaris  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in fr
Secret Inquisitorial Eldar Xenexecutor





France

Hi guys,
I have just seen (eventually) all the new content and units in high quality, and I must say : those primaris look neat !
I have to say: FINALLY !
Do you now see why we were complaining about lack of gothic aesthetic earlier ? With models such as those, I could (and maybe will one day...) make a full primaris Black Templar army worthy of its predecessors. There isn't a lot to say, they are great sculpt with a beautiful aesthetic and I can finally see me buying primaris.
Has any of you noticed that / changed his mind ?

   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




Having seen the new turret/quadbike my mind has definitely changed. I went from "I'm not a fan but they look alright" to "they're awful and I hate them".

The only new thing I've seen recently I like is the Starcraft ripoff.

tremere47-fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate, leads to triple riptide spam  
   
Made in fr
Secret Inquisitorial Eldar Xenexecutor





France

pm713 wrote:
Having seen the new turret/quadbike my mind has definitely changed. I went from "I'm not a fan but they look alright" to "they're awful and I hate them".

The only new thing I've seen recently I like is the Starcraft ripoff.

Ok I didn't know I was late AGAIN and indeed, they newer new space marines are awful. Oh, Throne, why...

   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




How are they awful?

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in us
Mutated Chosen Chaos Marine




The dark hollows of Kentucky

 godardc wrote:
pm713 wrote:
Having seen the new turret/quadbike my mind has definitely changed. I went from "I'm not a fan but they look alright" to "they're awful and I hate them".

The only new thing I've seen recently I like is the Starcraft ripoff.

Ok I didn't know I was late AGAIN and indeed, they newer new space marines are awful. Oh, Throne, why...

Because gw hired a bunch of old Hasbro designers to make the new primaris vehicles.

Ok, sorry, I apologize. Some of those old G.I. Joe toys looked way better than these.
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
How are they awful?

The quadbike just looks silly to me, it's all blocky and comes off cartoonish. Both the bike and turret seem stupid because the quadbike seems like a land speeder but worse and the turret is a manual version of the existing auto turret so you just waste a marine manning it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/06/13 14:42:14


tremere47-fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate, leads to triple riptide spam  
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




pm713 wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
How are they awful?

The quadbike just looks silly to me, it's all blocky and comes off cartoonish. Both the bike and turret seem stupid because the quadbike seems like a land speeder but worse and the turret is a manual version of the existing auto turret so you just waste a marine manning it.

You mean the Autoturret that has worse shooting? Yeah not really a waste if the shooting is better.

Also all the Marine vehicles are blocky.

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in us
Ancient Ultramarine Venerable Dreadnought






I still no interest in Primaris. No Rhinos/Land Raiders, their stats are too Inflated, the models are too big, I already have a Marine army, etc.

And They Shall Not Fit Through Doors!!!

Tyranid Army Progress -- With Classic Warriors!:
https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/743240.page#9671598 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





The rules for the Quad and the turret are going to have to be stupid good before I consider buying them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/06/13 15:26:42


   
Made in us
Mutated Chosen Chaos Marine




The dark hollows of Kentucky

The Newman wrote:
The rules for the Quad and the turret are going to have to be stupid good before I consider buying them.

I'm sure they will be. I mean, it's how they sold the "not a dreadnought" dreadnought isn't it?
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
pm713 wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
How are they awful?

The quadbike just looks silly to me, it's all blocky and comes off cartoonish. Both the bike and turret seem stupid because the quadbike seems like a land speeder but worse and the turret is a manual version of the existing auto turret so you just waste a marine manning it.

You mean the Autoturret that has worse shooting? Yeah not really a waste if the shooting is better.

Also all the Marine vehicles are blocky.

It really is, I'm talking background. A computer system to aim and fire costs a tiny amount compared the investment of a Primaris marine who is largely wasted sitting on a turret. It's silly and the only reason for it is because GW want to make new models but can't be arsed putting effort into it.

The quadbike looks like a series of random blocks stacked together. Other things do not. Look at the Rhino, it looks like it can be stored with very little wasted space in blocks. The quadbike doesn't.

tremere47-fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate, leads to triple riptide spam  
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut




The Newman wrote:
The rules for the Quad and the turret are going to have to be stupid good before I consider buying them.


They will be priced with 8th edition in mind then corrected 15 months later.
   
Made in us
Ultramarine Master with Gauntlets of Macragge





Upstate, New York

I don’t think there are any rules or points/real cost that would get me to pick up that quad bike. Not a fan of the look.

The turret I don’t mind. Does not fit with the marine MO of warfare. While I’m sure there is a time and place for static guns, if I want long range firepower, I’ll take a squad of suppressors, or an old dev squad. Still, if the price is right I might grab one or two. Or kitbash my own out of random bits.

Still sold on the content of the big box. The question is do I just get one for myself, or one for The Boy as well? If this is the limited version, that implies there might be a slightly more reasonable version later. But what the follow up contains is still an unknown, and likely will be so they can sell as many of this box as they can.

Ultramarines, 3rd Co. and friends, 13K+ Slowly growing 3Kish
Nevelon's Workbench: Ultramarines, Saim-Hann and other assorted oddities
 
   
Made in ie
Preacher of the Emperor





As someone who dislikes Marines in general all I can say is I'm enjoying watching how awful the new non-character marine models are. At least they make the newcron stuff look somewhat good by comparison. Except those toilet bowl guys.

 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




pm713 wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
pm713 wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
How are they awful?

The quadbike just looks silly to me, it's all blocky and comes off cartoonish. Both the bike and turret seem stupid because the quadbike seems like a land speeder but worse and the turret is a manual version of the existing auto turret so you just waste a marine manning it.

You mean the Autoturret that has worse shooting? Yeah not really a waste if the shooting is better.

Also all the Marine vehicles are blocky.

It really is, I'm talking background. A computer system to aim and fire costs a tiny amount compared the investment of a Primaris marine who is largely wasted sitting on a turret. It's silly and the only reason for it is because GW want to make new models but can't be arsed putting effort into it.

The quadbike looks like a series of random blocks stacked together. Other things do not. Look at the Rhino, it looks like it can be stored with very little wasted space in blocks. The quadbike doesn't.

Yeah and Marines waste a whole Techmarine for a TFC instead of using a computer. Your point?

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




 godardc wrote:
Hi guys,
I have just seen (eventually) all the new content and units in high quality, and I must say : those primaris look neat !
I have to say: FINALLY !
Do you now see why we were complaining about lack of gothic aesthetic earlier ? With models such as those, I could (and maybe will one day...) make a full primaris Black Templar army worthy of its predecessors. There isn't a lot to say, they are great sculpt with a beautiful aesthetic and I can finally see me buying primaris.
Has any of you noticed that / changed his mind ?


Nah, I go to into Primaris for the sleek looks of the first waves. I like clean armour, not taberknackles. Can't say I'm a huge fan of the over the to
Crusader look, but I a man glad folks that like that kind of stuff get theirs. Then again, I am a Raptors player and will adapt. I will concert my sword and shield dudes with third party stuff.

I am loving the bikes and the buggy though. The latter is all kinds of awesome.

greatest band in the universe: machine supremacy

"Punch your fist in the air and hold your Gameboy aloft like the warrior you are" 
   
Made in fr
Secret Inquisitorial Eldar Xenexecutor





France

Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
pm713 wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
pm713 wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
How are they awful?

The quadbike just looks silly to me, it's all blocky and comes off cartoonish. Both the bike and turret seem stupid because the quadbike seems like a land speeder but worse and the turret is a manual version of the existing auto turret so you just waste a marine manning it.

You mean the Autoturret that has worse shooting? Yeah not really a waste if the shooting is better.

Also all the Marine vehicles are blocky.

It really is, I'm talking background. A computer system to aim and fire costs a tiny amount compared the investment of a Primaris marine who is largely wasted sitting on a turret. It's silly and the only reason for it is because GW want to make new models but can't be arsed putting effort into it.

The quadbike looks like a series of random blocks stacked together. Other things do not. Look at the Rhino, it looks like it can be stored with very little wasted space in blocks. The quadbike doesn't.

Yeah and Marines waste a whole Techmarine for a TFC instead of using a computer. Your point?

Tbh the thunderfire cannon is still a new model and another stupid idea that didn't even fit the aesthetic and background

   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
pm713 wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
pm713 wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
How are they awful?

The quadbike just looks silly to me, it's all blocky and comes off cartoonish. Both the bike and turret seem stupid because the quadbike seems like a land speeder but worse and the turret is a manual version of the existing auto turret so you just waste a marine manning it.

You mean the Autoturret that has worse shooting? Yeah not really a waste if the shooting is better.

Also all the Marine vehicles are blocky.

It really is, I'm talking background. A computer system to aim and fire costs a tiny amount compared the investment of a Primaris marine who is largely wasted sitting on a turret. It's silly and the only reason for it is because GW want to make new models but can't be arsed putting effort into it.

The quadbike looks like a series of random blocks stacked together. Other things do not. Look at the Rhino, it looks like it can be stored with very little wasted space in blocks. The quadbike doesn't.

Yeah and Marines waste a whole Techmarine for a TFC instead of using a computer. Your point?

That it's a really stupid thing to do in both cases. This is just worse because it's more OH LOOK PRIMARIS THEY'RE SO COOL AND GREAT rather than actually giving a damn.

tremere47-fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate, leads to triple riptide spam  
   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

 godardc wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
pm713 wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
pm713 wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
How are they awful?

The quadbike just looks silly to me, it's all blocky and comes off cartoonish. Both the bike and turret seem stupid because the quadbike seems like a land speeder but worse and the turret is a manual version of the existing auto turret so you just waste a marine manning it.

You mean the Autoturret that has worse shooting? Yeah not really a waste if the shooting is better.

Also all the Marine vehicles are blocky.

It really is, I'm talking background. A computer system to aim and fire costs a tiny amount compared the investment of a Primaris marine who is largely wasted sitting on a turret. It's silly and the only reason for it is because GW want to make new models but can't be arsed putting effort into it.

The quadbike looks like a series of random blocks stacked together. Other things do not. Look at the Rhino, it looks like it can be stored with very little wasted space in blocks. The quadbike doesn't.

Yeah and Marines waste a whole Techmarine for a TFC instead of using a computer. Your point?

Tbh the thunderfire cannon is still a new model and another stupid idea that didn't even fit the aesthetic and background


Marines ALWAYS had portable artillery such as Mole Mortars and Trantulas - some controlled some autosenses.

The Turret is ok but the Quad is asthetically bad....

I AM A MARINE PLAYER

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in us
Dominating Dominatrix






Yeah... Arguing that the quad bike or bikes in general look blocky is hilarious next to the rhino.


These are my opinions. This is how I feel. Others may feel differently. This needs to be stated for some reason.
 
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Imperial Guard Landspeeder Pilot




On moon miranda.

While the turret gun emplacement thing looks pretty cool (though I'm struggling to think of why it exists from a more practical point of view), the new buggy reminded me of something...


This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/06/13 17:07:15


IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT.

Heavy Gear Painting Log, Northern Guard, Southern Republican Army, and Terrain
The correct pronunciation is Imperial Guard and Stormtroopers, "Astra Militarum" and "Tempestus Scions" are something you'll find at Hogwarts.  
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




pm713 wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
pm713 wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
pm713 wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
How are they awful?

The quadbike just looks silly to me, it's all blocky and comes off cartoonish. Both the bike and turret seem stupid because the quadbike seems like a land speeder but worse and the turret is a manual version of the existing auto turret so you just waste a marine manning it.

You mean the Autoturret that has worse shooting? Yeah not really a waste if the shooting is better.

Also all the Marine vehicles are blocky.

It really is, I'm talking background. A computer system to aim and fire costs a tiny amount compared the investment of a Primaris marine who is largely wasted sitting on a turret. It's silly and the only reason for it is because GW want to make new models but can't be arsed putting effort into it.

The quadbike looks like a series of random blocks stacked together. Other things do not. Look at the Rhino, it looks like it can be stored with very little wasted space in blocks. The quadbike doesn't.

Yeah and Marines waste a whole Techmarine for a TFC instead of using a computer. Your point?

That it's a really stupid thing to do in both cases. This is just worse because it's more OH LOOK PRIMARIS THEY'RE SO COOL AND GREAT rather than actually giving a damn.

This is really a non-complaint then for what you just said then.

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
pm713 wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
pm713 wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
pm713 wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
How are they awful?

The quadbike just looks silly to me, it's all blocky and comes off cartoonish. Both the bike and turret seem stupid because the quadbike seems like a land speeder but worse and the turret is a manual version of the existing auto turret so you just waste a marine manning it.

You mean the Autoturret that has worse shooting? Yeah not really a waste if the shooting is better.

Also all the Marine vehicles are blocky.

It really is, I'm talking background. A computer system to aim and fire costs a tiny amount compared the investment of a Primaris marine who is largely wasted sitting on a turret. It's silly and the only reason for it is because GW want to make new models but can't be arsed putting effort into it.

The quadbike looks like a series of random blocks stacked together. Other things do not. Look at the Rhino, it looks like it can be stored with very little wasted space in blocks. The quadbike doesn't.

Yeah and Marines waste a whole Techmarine for a TFC instead of using a computer. Your point?

That it's a really stupid thing to do in both cases. This is just worse because it's more OH LOOK PRIMARIS THEY'RE SO COOL AND GREAT rather than actually giving a damn.

This is really a non-complaint then for what you just said then.

Because if something pre-existing is silly it makes sense to make a dumber version?

tremere47-fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate, leads to triple riptide spam  
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




 Lance845 wrote:
Yeah... Arguing that the quad bike or bikes in general look blocky is hilarious next to the rhino.

Bingo. No amount of silly "wasted space in blocks" arguments make you look good.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
pm713 wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
pm713 wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
pm713 wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
pm713 wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
How are they awful?

The quadbike just looks silly to me, it's all blocky and comes off cartoonish. Both the bike and turret seem stupid because the quadbike seems like a land speeder but worse and the turret is a manual version of the existing auto turret so you just waste a marine manning it.

You mean the Autoturret that has worse shooting? Yeah not really a waste if the shooting is better.

Also all the Marine vehicles are blocky.

It really is, I'm talking background. A computer system to aim and fire costs a tiny amount compared the investment of a Primaris marine who is largely wasted sitting on a turret. It's silly and the only reason for it is because GW want to make new models but can't be arsed putting effort into it.

The quadbike looks like a series of random blocks stacked together. Other things do not. Look at the Rhino, it looks like it can be stored with very little wasted space in blocks. The quadbike doesn't.

Yeah and Marines waste a whole Techmarine for a TFC instead of using a computer. Your point?

That it's a really stupid thing to do in both cases. This is just worse because it's more OH LOOK PRIMARIS THEY'RE SO COOL AND GREAT rather than actually giving a damn.

This is really a non-complaint then for what you just said then.

Because if something pre-existing is silly it makes sense to make a dumber version?

What's silly about mobile artillery or gun emplacements for the HQ? You're complaining to complain, simple as that.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/06/13 17:14:03


CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




I'm complaining because I really dislike the new models which look either silly, have no point or both.

Mobile artillery isn't silly. Immobile artillery you waste resources on is.

tremere47-fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate, leads to triple riptide spam  
   
Made in us
Confessor Of Sins




pm713 wrote:
I'm complaining because I really dislike the new models which look either silly, have no point or both.

Mobile artillery isn't silly. Immobile artillery you waste resources on is.


Silly like 8 foot tall super soldiers with thighs thinner than their ankles? Because that's been the baseline space marine since RT.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/06/13 17:22:01


2500pts
2500
3000


 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




ERJAK wrote:
pm713 wrote:
I'm complaining because I really dislike the new models which look either silly, have no point or both.

Mobile artillery isn't silly. Immobile artillery you waste resources on is.


Silly like 8 foot tall super soldiers with thighs thinner than their ankles? Because that's been the baseline space marine since RT.

Silly like my suspension of disbelief finally snaps. Although I've never actually seen a Marines ankles so there's not really a reason that would bother me.

tremere47-fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate, leads to triple riptide spam  
   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

pm713 wrote:
I'm complaining because I really dislike the new models which look either silly, have no point or both.

Mobile artillery isn't silly. Immobile artillery you waste resources on is.


Really disliking them is a good answer

Depends on how difficult it is to set up and take down that turret - may nto be any more diffucult than standard artillery. Wasting a Techmarine using it is a different matter - would have prefered a servitor

I AM A MARINE PLAYER

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




 Mr Morden wrote:
pm713 wrote:
I'm complaining because I really dislike the new models which look either silly, have no point or both.

Mobile artillery isn't silly. Immobile artillery you waste resources on is.


Really disliking them is a good answer

Depends on how difficult it is to set up and take down that turret - may nto be any more diffucult than standard artillery. Wasting a Techmarine using it is a different matter - would have prefered a servitor

Personally I'd make it into a near dead marine built into it. Not everyone can go into a dreadnought.

tremere47-fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate, leads to triple riptide spam  
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Ute nation

I don't think GW knocked it out of the park with every model, but most of those models are great. As a dark angels player seeing primaris bikes and terminator-ish models means that my deathwing and ravenwing are going to expand. Also heavy weapon gravis (because this is undoubtedly just one config, similar to eliminators) is marvelous. All of the HQ look wonderful, as does the ancient. The only thing in the 9th edition collectors box I'm not over the moon about is the intercessors with chain sword and heavy bolt pistols, because I can't see them being anything but reivers that can't deepstrike.

Still looking forward to the box.

Constantly being negative doesn't make you seem erudite, it just makes you look like a curmudgeon.  
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: