Switch Theme:

AdeptiCon 2017: March 23rd - 26th, 2017  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




So will war convocation and space wolf iron priests as hq not be legal seeing as these are White Dwarf releases?
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






40k championship missions published http://www.adepticon.org/wpfiles/2017/201740KChampPrimer.pdf

Battlescribe Catalog Editor - Please report bugs here http://battlescribedata.appspot.com/#/repo/wh40k 
   
Made in us
Loyal Necron Lychguard




So today is the last day to register, but can I change what events I'm in later if I already have a badge?
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran



Peoria, IL

Requizen wrote:
So today is the last day to register, but can I change what events I'm in later if I already have a badge?



It's pretty much cart closed. We freeze registration data to finalize materials and logistics for the show. Changes can be made again once on-site registration opens but we are working to have more show integration this year so any changes made weekend of won't be taken into account.

-Hank
   
Made in ca
Dakka Veteran




Canada

Do we have to submit lists ahead of time for events?

(60) Successful Trades With: coffinofstone (x2), Mike94656, kungfujew, LOS Not Needed, Uriels_Flame (x3), redthirst, Lehnsherr, VostroyanFirstClass (x4), midget_overlord, Timofeo, Makutsu, Eclipseone (x2), Krug001, JHall, Neomagicwarrior, Vygoth, Eldarain (x5), Green is Best!, Acardia, Exalbaru, ephrael, MadCowCrazy, pretre, kusanagi68, Theevilone, bd1085, wreeper007, Soccerlfb6, bagelboy71, Masakik, xghostmakerx, Mecha_buddha, Grimwulfe, saleen302 (2), thormar, manvas, iStompya, Farboozle, GearheadXII (x2), Spartan289, marcus.iscariat, Sannaga, Spikes, Gamerely, Catfiish, Physh, skavenmatt

YouTube channel for new batreps and other content: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheBasementCollective
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TBMCV 
   
Made in us
Boosting Space Marine Biker





Decatur, IL

twinner wrote:
Do we have to submit lists ahead of time for events?


No you don't have to submit your list before the events, just when you sign in that day they will need a copy of it, plus I'm sure in the rules they will list how many copies you should have with you.

As long as your list is legal you should be all good to go.

 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
One Canoptek Scarab in a Swarm




What is the size of the 40K Champs? If I register onsite will I have trouble getting in?
   
Made in us
[SWAP SHOP MOD]
Robot Cat






T-county

Registration is closed, so I'd wager you will have a very hard time.


Edit. Onsite. Not online. Reading is hard.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/03/05 02:31:42


 
   
Made in us
Evil man of Carn Dûm





Chicago, IL

There will be about 20 tickets available for the Warhammer 40K Championship onsite, plus those tickets returned from no-shows. You shouldn't have any problem getting into the event onsite Thursday morning.

   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




Perrysburg, OH

A reminder that AdeptiCon is less than one week away! Join us along with over 3,000 wargamers in celebrating our 15th year at the Renaissance Schaumburg, March 23rd-26th. This year, we have over 80 companies exhibiting in our Vendor Hall – giving you a chance to purchase their products, try a demo, peruse their new releases, and meet the staff behind some of your favorite hobby manufacturers and suppliers.

Spectating and shopping at AdeptiCon does not require a badge and remains absolutely free, so join us, take in the show, and visit the AdeptiCon 2017 vendor hall. More information on the show can be found here.

Vendor Hall Hours:
10:00AM to 6:00PM (Thursday, Friday and Saturday)
10:00AM to 3:00PM (Sunday)

Check out our vendor listing.

•Active Minds Games
•Ammo
•Anvil Eight
•Army Painter
•Asmodee
•Badger Airbrush
•Badger Games
BAS Gaming Banners
•Battle Foam
•Battlefront
•Black Knight Games
•Bombshell Miniatures
•Broken Egg Games
•Cigar Box Mats
•CoolMiniOrNot
•Corvus Belli
•Crucible Crush Productions
•Crystal Brush
•Death Ray Designs
•DGS Games
•Dice Head Games
•Dust U.S.A.
•Eagle Ordinary
•Elrik's Hobbies
•Epic Die Studio
•Fallout Hobbies
•Fantasy Arc
•Fantasy Flight Games
•Firelock Games
•Footsore Miniatures
•Forge World
•Frontline Gaming
•G3 Games
•Gale Force Nine
•Games & Gears
•Games Plus
•Games Workshop
•Gaming Nomads
•GCT Studios
•GMM Studios
•Greenman Designs
•Grognard Games
•Happy Games Factory
•Happy Seppuku
•Hawk Wargames
•Hyacinth Games
•Impact! Miniatures
•Ironheart Artisans
•Juilo's Woodshop
•Knuckleduster Miniatures
•KR Multicase
•Laser Craft Workshop
•Mantic Games
•Mats By Mars
•Miniature Building Authority
•MiniWarGaming
•ModBitz
•Muse On Minis
•Mystik Waboose
•Ninja Division
•Osprey Publishing
•Palladium Books
•Pictors Studios
•Privateer Press
•Prodos Games
•Reaper Miniatures
•Red Republic Games
•Scale75
•Sea Dog Game Studios
•Secret Weapon Miniatures
•Shapeways
•Slow Death Games
•Steamforged Games
•Studio Doggebi
•TABLEWAR
•Tectonic Craft Studios
•The WitchBorn Corporation
•Toledo Game Room
•Wargamma
•Warlord
•Warsenal
•Watchful I Studios
•Winged Hussar Publishing
•World's End Publishing
•Wyrd Games

- Greg



 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Is there any coverage/live streams besides the warhammerAOS twitch stream?
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Kinda surprised no one is talking about the top 16 championship cut for 40k. Seems like a whole lot of Chaos demons, lots of elder variety, and some space marine, with a sprinkle of riptide wing. But no real outside the box armies.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Pre Heresy Black Templar Librarian






North of Chicago, IL USA

I walked around a bit, but I only had a few minutes between rounds of my HH events.

I saw a table with a bunch of Riptides. Like 5 or 6.

A few Magnus the Reds, one was a conversion that was particularly gakky.

I don't have much else to add. Sorry.

Forgeworld Download Page <-- Here there be cool stuff! DA:70S+G+M+B++I++Pw40k08+D++A++/fWD-R+T(M)DM+
 
   
Made in us
Perfected Haemonculi Living Sculpture






gungo wrote:
Kinda surprised no one is talking about the top 16 championship cut for 40k. Seems like a whole lot of Chaos demons, lots of elder variety, and some space marine, with a sprinkle of riptide wing. But no real outside the box armies.


Is it that surprising? I don't know, I mean, 40k is in the worst shape it has been since 2nd edition and we are on the eve of a new edition. I would assume that most of the people who care about which riptide or magnus list was lamest are all at the event I have been checking the adepticon forums for information of the seminars personally.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 kronk wrote:
I walked around a bit, but I only had a few minutes between rounds of my HH events.

I saw a table with a bunch of Riptides. Like 5 or 6.

A few Magnus the Reds, one was a conversion that was particularly gakky.

I don't have much else to add. Sorry.


That's "competetive" 40k in a nut shell right now

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/03/26 13:04:30


   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Red Corsair wrote:
gungo wrote:
Kinda surprised no one is talking about the top 16 championship cut for 40k. Seems like a whole lot of Chaos demons, lots of elder variety, and some space marine, with a sprinkle of riptide wing. But no real outside the box armies.


Is it that surprising? I don't know, I mean, 40k is in the worst shape it has been since 2nd edition and we are on the eve of a new edition. I would assume that most of the people who care about which riptide or magnus list was lamest are all at the event I have been checking the adepticon forums for information of the seminars personally.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 kronk wrote:
I walked around a bit, but I only had a few minutes between rounds of my HH events.

I saw a table with a bunch of Riptides. Like 5 or 6.

A few Magnus the Reds, one was a conversion that was particularly gakky.

I don't have much else to add. Sorry.


That's "competetive" 40k in a nut shell right now

It's not quite greyknights vs a dying leafblower meta where the same greyknights list was 3/4 of the meta but it's degenerated the last two years since LVO 2015 where Sean won w tyranida and orks made the top 16.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




gungo wrote:
Kinda surprised no one is talking about the top 16 championship cut for 40k. Seems like a whole lot of Chaos demons, lots of elder variety, and some space marine, with a sprinkle of riptide wing. But no real outside the box armies.


I mean there was literally only one non eldar/demon/marine list I think and it was a Genestealer cult list that did extremely well only losing in the round of 8.

I am still waiting and hoping for final results to get posted. I was very bummed and disappointed in the lack of coverage for the event compared to past years.
   
Made in us
Lit By the Flames of Prospero





land of 10k taxes

Any Adept photos on the web anyware?
   
Made in es
Krazed Killa Kan




Barcelona, Spain

How long do they take to release their coverage of the convention and then add it to "past conventions"
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Friendly Peat Beast






The Great Marsh

Well the GW studio preview pics were on SpikeyBits and elsewhere the night of the presentation, so there's definitely people here covering the event! But yeah, I think even GW is pretty clear that the 40k rules aren't in a good place and badly need updating (and will be soon) so meta coverage just isn't as in demand...
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




 RiTides wrote:
Well the GW studio preview pics were on SpikeyBits and elsewhere the night of the presentation, so there's definitely people here covering the event! But yeah, I think even GW is pretty clear that the 40k rules aren't in a good place and badly need updating (and will be soon) so meta coverage just isn't as in demand...


Yah that's a fair point about meta coverage. It's just sad to see nothing about the competitive part except the one spikeybits post about the top16 lists. The IC's coverage of adepticon a few years ago is what got me really hooked on the competition of 40K and the reason I go to/follow all major events I can.
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




Who and what won the 40k Champs?
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Capnmoe wrote:
Who and what won the 40k Champs?


Nick nanavati won with fateweaver, belakor, and dual screamer star.
   
Made in gb
Deranged Necron Destroyer




I'm more interested in what won the things like Kill Team or Zone Mortalis at this point because they're novel; I think you can pretty safely assume Eldar or Daemons will win almost every major event until 8th comes out.
   
Made in us
Evil man of Carn Dûm





Chicago, IL

All the smaller events (Combat Patrol, Kill Team and Maelstrom) were scored live on Best Coast Pairings. You can find the results there or through the links on adepticon.org under 2017 Results.

   
Made in us
Furious Fire Dragon





 FeindusMaximus wrote:
Any Adept photos on the web anyware?


Greggles has a lot: http://www.feedyournerd.com/greggles-tabletop/adepticon-2017-40k-championship-photos
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Pre Heresy Black Templar Librarian






North of Chicago, IL USA

I have a handful of pictures of the team tournament, the Saturday Night Displays, and a few cosplayers here:

https://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/images-18698-54819_Adepticon%202017.html

Most are pictures of the Horus Heresy events I attended.

My 2500 point HH list. I enjoyed my games, but it did not do well...




This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/03/28 21:26:19


Forgeworld Download Page <-- Here there be cool stuff! DA:70S+G+M+B++I++Pw40k08+D++A++/fWD-R+T(M)DM+
 
   
Made in us
Lit By the Flames of Prospero





land of 10k taxes



thx, saw these when he posted them yesterday.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




 kronk wrote:
I have a handful of pictures of the team tournament, the Saturday Night Displays, and a few cosplayers here:



Most are pictures of the Horus Heresy events I attended.

My 2500 point HH list. I enjoyed my games, but it did not do well...






Why didn't your list do well? What didn't work and what did you need to add? Just curious.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Pre Heresy Black Templar Librarian






North of Chicago, IL USA

DarthDiggler wrote:


Why didn't your list do well? What didn't work and what did you need to add? Just curious.


The 2500 point Friendly tournament allowed a lord of war up to 625 (or 650?), and I just did not have enough to deal with super heavies. Especially the ignore cover, AP1 super heavy. Armored ceremite canceled out my melta guns in the drop pod, and the heavy terrain blocked line of site for some of my Heavy Support (I took 3 squads). I'm not complaining about the terrain. I liked, and prefer, the dense boards. Of the 3 games in the Friendly tournament, I won the game against Death Guard (with Mortarion and Typhon), but lost the 2 games against super heavies.

Still, good players with well painted minis is always #1 in my book. Only 1 guy showed up with unpainted gak out of 40 or so in that tournament.

Forgeworld Download Page <-- Here there be cool stuff! DA:70S+G+M+B++I++Pw40k08+D++A++/fWD-R+T(M)DM+
 
   
 
Forum Index » Tournament Discussions
Go to: