After Starting with the Cygnar Battlebox and purchasing the items from The Cygnar Toolbox, you might find yourself wanting to expand your army using Commander Stryker, the warcaster who came with the battlebox.
What to Order
Aside from the two battlebox models, there is also a blister pack model of Commander Stryker that you might be interested in collecting and painting.
Commander Coleman Stryker
- PIP 31020 (Variant model)
- PIP 31007 (older metal kit)
- PIP 31062 (newer plastic heavy warjack kit built as pictured above)
The Defender's heavy barrel brings power and range to Stryker's game. Cast the Snipe Spell on it, and you have yourself a threat that can sit in one spot and fire shots across the table until it's time to counter-charge some warjacks with its cortex destroying hammer.
- PIP 31029 (Minimum unit box)
- PIP 31030 x2 (Blister Packs for a full unit)
This is your melee tarpit unit that is inexpensive and gets in the way of things.
- PIP 31019 (Full unit box)
Stormblades can advance under the protection of the Arcane Shield Spell, giving them some survivability against low POW attacks. Against higher POW ranged attacks, Stryker can opt to cast the Blur Spell on them to make them harder to hit.
Then, depending on your play-style, you can order a unit attachment to suit your needs.
Long Gunner Unit Attachment
Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Unit Attachment
Stormblade Infantry Unit Attachment
Sample 35 Point Army List
Starting with the Cygnar Battlebox and The Cygnar Toolbox and adding the models above, you can make some of the following list:
- Commander Coleman Stryker
- Arcane Tempest Gun Mages (Blur)
- Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer
- Hunter (marshalled by Gun Mages)
- Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team (Snipe)
- Stormblade Infantry (Leader and 5 Grunts) (Arc Shield)
- Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard
Soften the enemy with gun mages, hunter and B13th and prepare to throw punishment with assaulting Stormblades and Ironclad. The list is a little light on melee, but it has enough heavy hitters to take on couple of heavies per turn. Infantry heavy lists shouldn't pose a problem either with 3" shots from Stormblades who can be given snipe to get to decent threat range especially with the assault order.