This article is to help tyranid player use zoanthropes more effectively and help make power selection easier. When deciding to use Zoanthropes, it is best to take 2-3, a lone Zoanthrope takes up an Elite slot and is an easy target for your enemy.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Powers, the psychic powers the Zoanthrope can wield are both supportive and defensive and all have a part to play in the army, and the ability to become a synapse creature is vital.
- One elite Slot, you can have 3 Zoanthropes and only fill one elite slot.
- Good Save, having warp wields by default gives the Zoanthrope a 5+/3++ save.
- No combat ability, the zoanthrope lacks any punch in CC and is wasted there.
- Only 3, the biggest downfall is that you can only take 3 of these beasts per unit and they have no formal body guard, its like a huge floating target for your enemy.
There are 2 psychic powers that a Zoanthrope has, plus the warp feild. these both come with the Zoanthrope:
- Warp Blast (requires psychic test), this is the second most popular power the Zoanthrope has, as it is a range 24" strength 5 ap 3 assault 1 blast. this can completely destroy anything short of terminators.
- Warp lance: (requires psychic test), this is an amazing psychic shooting attack. it is arguably the best tank popper that can be used by infantry. as a strength 10 ap 1 lance, this will destroy whatever it hits. This weapon is what inspires fear in your enemies.