Switch Theme:

Transaction report: wanchango  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in ca
Three Color Minimum

Canada

I worked out a trade with wanchango; I'd send him a lot of Pirates of the Spanish Main (around 170 ships) and a Convergence of Cyriss army (pics here) in exchange for a large Covenant of Antarctica fleet, some Ogre Kingdoms, and $40 USD. We had agreed to ship the miniatures Monday, June 15th. On June 15th, I sent out the miniatures and provided him with a tracking number, and he sent me the $40 via Paypal along with a message that he hadn't made it back to town on Monday and would try and get the models shipped out when he got back. As far as I know, the models still have not been shipped and I have had no responses to PMs or email since June 19.

Spoilered is a (very long) log of the messages sent:

Spoiler:

From: wanchango
To: Goremaul
Date: 2015/06/08 21:36:13
Subject: Pirates

Hi there, I am interested in the pirates collection that you have. If you have a chance take a look at my trades and see if anything catches your eye.

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/648948.page

If you find anything big I also would be interested in one of you warmachine forces.

From: Goremaul
To: wanchango
Date: 2015/06/08 22:30:34
Subject: Reirates

What all do you have for Dystopian Wars? Also, would it be possible to get pictures of the Covenant of Antarctica and the Ogre Kingdoms stuff?

From: Goremaul
To: wanchango
Date: 2015/06/08 23:20:40
Subject: Re:Re:Reirates

Email is (email). That's a lot of Antarctica stuff!

From: wanchango
To: Goremaul
Date: 2015/06/09 00:29:23
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Reirates

Yeah I said it was a large fleet. It is basically everything you will ever need to play casually or competitively. It will take me a bit to get all the pictures, but I should be able to get them tonight.

From: wanchango
To: Goremaul
Date: 2015/06/09 04:29:35

I just sent you the pictures along with some details. Let me know what you think when you get a chance to look them over.

From: Goremaul
To: wanchango
Date: 2015/06/09 05:25:30
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Reirates

I am definitely interested in the Dystopian Wars stuff. Do you want a list of the Pirates stuff, or pictures, or... I dunno. How do you want to proceed?

From: wanchango
To: Goremaul
Date: 2015/06/09 05:29:03
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Reirates

Did you have any interest in the ogres? After I was adding some stuff up the dw stuff and the ogres line up with your coc pretty close. I'm not sure what value you are putting on the pirates stuff. I used to play it back in the day and mainly want it to play with my 7yr old son as an intro to wargaming.

From: Goremaul
To: wanchango
Date: 2015/06/09 06:01:09
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Reirates

Heh, thanks for the link. I was originally hoping for $100 or so for all the Pirates stuff). I don't think I'm interested in the Ogre stuff, but the Prussians might be neat.

Quick count of the ships puts it around 170 ships with very few (maybe 10?) doubles, plus crew, islands, ect. I do have a bit of Circle of Orboros stuff I could offer as well as the Pirates. I'm a bit hesitant with my Convergence army; I would really like to get some cash for it, or something that I -really- want.

Circle of Orboros:
pKruegar
pKaya
Feral Warpwolf
Winter Argus
Argus
Gnarlhorn Satyr (metal)
Lord of the Feast
5 Warpborn Skinwalkers
(cards included for everything)

Basically the Circle half of the 2 player starter set, plus a metal Gnarlhorn, pKruegar, and the Lord of the Feast. pKaya is unpainted, Skinwalkers and the normal Argus are unassembled, (and the Argus is missing a tail). The rest is painted.

From: wanchango
To: Goremaul
Date: 2015/06/09 06:00:36

So any thoughts?

From: Goremaul
To: wanchango
Date: 2015/06/09 06:02:05

Sorry for the delayed response there; was counting ships and mulling things over.

From: wanchango
To: Goremaul
Date: 2015/06/09 06:28:13
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Reirates

The dystopian wars stuff is around $300. I definitely would like the pirates stuff. Even though the game is dead the nostalgia of it and getting to play it with my son makes it awesome. The problem I have with the circle is that there isn't much there and for the retail price of it I could pick up the all in one box and have a better starting point. I can definitely understand a reluctance to trade your convergence. Is there anything that would sweeten the deal for you where we could comes to terms on the CoC and pirates for the DW stuff and possibly ogres+ something else? I don't mind trying to negotiate something out that works for the both of us. I know the ogres look a little rough in the pic but they really aren't in bad shape. They are the extra stuff I have gathered that I haven't gotten around to doing anything with. I currently have a fully painted 2500 point army so when I finished painting it up the extra ogres got shelved as is. I do have some extra mournfang cav, I think another 2. Just give it some thought and let me know if you have any ideas on what would make the trade more appealing to you or if you have an idea for a deal.

From: Goremaul
To: wanchango
Date: 2015/06/09 16:35:28
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Reirates

Some random thoughts:

I have some Ogres currently, but I'm selling them to someone at the beginning of July. I've messaged the guy to see if he'd be interested in the ones that you have. If he is, I'll probably grab the ogres off of you, but if he isn't, I really don't have a use for them.

Most of the stuff you are selling is GW, and I'm just not interested in GW stuff sadly.

I tallied up the Covenant of Antarctica stuff you have, and it works out to $330 if I were to buy it brand new. I have an older Antarctica starter already. Is the Prussian starter set the new one, or the original set with 1 battleship, 3 cruisers, 9 frigates, and 2 bombers?

Would you be interested in the Menoth army at all? I realize I have it listed at a higher price, but I am willing to drop the value of that one more readily than the Convergence.

If I can line up a buyer for the Ogres, I'd be willing to trade the Pirates and Convergence (or Menoth) for all your Dystopian Wars and the Ogres you have listed. If this guy isn't interested in the Ogres, I'd be willing to offer the Pirates and an army for the Dystopian Wars plus some cash, or if you're willing to part out some of the Covenant stuff, we could just trade some of that for the Pirates. Counter-thoughts?

From: wanchango
To: Goremaul
Date: 2015/06/09 18:48:22
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Reirates

Yeah I'm trying to slim down on my GW stuff and pick up other games. I have only played a few games of warmachine and that was a few years ago, but some friends are starting up a group so I figured it wouldn't hurt to try it out again. The Convergence is the higher want but if we can make that work then I would consider menoth. It's really a visual thing for me and Convergence just stands out against the normal style of the rest of the forces.

The prussians set is 1 battleship, 3 cruisers, 9 frigates, and 2 bombers.

If I can line up a buyer for the Ogres, I'd be willing to trade the Pirates and Convergence (or Menoth) for all your Dystopian Wars and the Ogres you have listed.

This would obviously be the most appealing to me. A trade for the convergence and pirates would be my favorite outcome.

If this guy isn't interested in the Ogres, I'd be willing to offer the Pirates and an army for the Dystopian Wars plus some cash

It is possible that I could do this depending on how much you were wanting. Hobby dollars are at a bare minimum right now but I might be able to figure something out as long as we aren't talking too much.

or if you're willing to part out some of the Covenant stuff, we could just trade some of that for the Pirates. Counter-thoughts?

I would rather keep it together as I have my doubts about being able to get rid of everything piecemeal. Would you consider pirates+money if other options fail? Would you consider splitting up the convergence, or(as a last option) the menoth?

So right now it seems we should see if you can find a buyer as that would satisfy all parties the best. Then if you can't we can go down the line and work something out.

From: Goremaul
To: wanchango
Date: 2015/06/09 19:21:41
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Reirates

Yeah, just waiting to hear back from the guy about the ogres as that would be the best for both of us.

From: wanchango
To: Goremaul
Date: 2015/06/09 19:23:33
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Reirates

Alright cool, well I will hold everything until we figure something out.

From: Goremaul
To: wanchango
Date: 2015/06/10 20:23:24
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Reirates

I have not heard anything about the ogres yet. I would like to give it until Friday to get a response from him; if I haven't heard from him by then, we'll figure something out I suppose. That sound agreeable to you?

From: wanchango
To: Goremaul
Date: 2015/06/10 23:06:04
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Reirates

Yeah that sounds fine. Thanks for the update.

From: Goremaul
To: wanchango
Date: 2015/06/12 15:46:50
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Reirates

I have managed to get a hold of him and hopefully he'll give me an answer tonight/tomorrow morning. He's been kind of slow to respond, but I'm hopeful.

From: wanchango
To: Goremaul
Date: 2015/06/13 04:12:40

Okay awesome. I'm out of town till monday so you have some time. Just keep me updated and I'll keep fingers crossed it all works out.

From: Goremaul
To: wanchango
Date: 2015/06/13 04:13:48

Will do.

From: Goremaul
To: wanchango
Date: 2015/06/13 15:16:23

So he's willing to pay $180 for the Ogres. That's less than the $250 I was hoping for.

So, Pirates and Convergence for Dystopian Wars, Ogres, and $60? How does that work for you?

From: wanchango
To: Goremaul
Date: 2015/06/13 15:40:04

I can do $40. All the extra basing materials and stuff are included. Is that correct?

From: Goremaul
To: wanchango
Date: 2015/06/13 16:37:35

Yes, there's a fair bit of basing stuff (30-40 small based models, 10 medium, 5 or so large?) and it's all organized into bags. Do you want a list of the paints I used as well?

From: wanchango
To: Goremaul
Date: 2015/06/13 21:56:16

Yeah a list would be good. How soon can you ship? The soonest I can ship would be Monday. Are you fine shipping same time? I also ship usps priority mail, and would appreciate it if you can do the same. It always seems like the package arrive with less damage that way and the flat right is reasonably priced.

From: Goremaul
To: wanchango
Date: 2015/06/13 22:59:24

Yep, I should be able to get it shipped out Monday. I don't have USPS a shipping option where I live (to my knowledge), but the way I send it via Canada Post says 6-7 business days and provides a tracking number. I can't really comment on whether the shipping cost will be reasonable or not though (first estimate is putting it around $40-50).

Anyways, paypal address is (email) and shipping address is as follows:

(address)

I wrote the list of paints used on a cue card and it'll be in with the shipment.

From: wanchango
To: Goremaul
Date: 2015/06/14 05:38:42

Oh yeah I knew that this was international but forgot. Yeah my shipping time should be about the same and will have tracking.

My address is:

(address)

Thanks the paint looks good so I will most likely just continue with it.

From: wanchango
To: Goremaul
Date: 2015/06/15 19:56:50

Hey, I sent the payment through paypal. Can you confirm that you received the payment alright? Also can you send me a list of the CoC stuff, and a list of the pirates if you have one.

From: Goremaul
To: wanchango
Date: 2015/06/15 20:20:02

I did receive the payment. Likewise, I've shipped out the CoC and Pirates stuff. Tracking number for it is CX512459614CA and can be tracked here. Once it gets into the US, it can be tracked at the USPS site. Usually takes 6-10 business days or so, depending on how the border guards feel.

As for the list of Convergence, it is as follows (pictures of it all are in my Dakka gallery):
-Warcasters-
Aurora, Numen of Aerogenesis
Axis, the Harmonic Enforcer
Iron Mother Directrix & Exponent Servitors
Forge Master Syntherion

-Jacks-
3x Cipher/Monitor/Inverter (magnetized)
1x Assimilator/Conservator/Modulator (magnetized)
1x Corollary
2x Galvanizer
2x Mitigator
1x Diffuser

-Units-
3x Clockwork Angels (9 models)
2x Optifex Directive (6 models)
1x Eradicators (5 models)
1x Reciprocators (5 models)
1x Perforators (5 models)
1x Transverse Enumerator (UA)

-Solos-
6x Accretion Servitors
6x Attunement Servitors
6x Elimination Servitors
6x Reflex Servitors
1x Steelsoul Protector

I believe that all the cards are there, though there are only 2 Monitor and Inverter cards, as when I got my extra bits to magnetize them from the battlebox, I forgot to get an extra card for each apparently. There's a bag of base cogs, a card with a list of paints, and the starter rules that came with the CoC battlebox (it explains Induction and Vectors special rules). I've packed all of the miniatures in foam with little wiggle room, so hopefully they will survive with minimal breakage. I did not make a list of all the Pirates unfortunately.

Let me know when it arrives!

From: wanchango
To: Goremaul
Date: 2015/06/15 20:30:54

Awesome thanks for the quick response. No worries on the pirates. I have not been able to get to the post office yet as I am still out of town. We are getting some crazy thunder storms and can't chance driving through the storm with the wife and 2 little ones. I will get everything packed and mailed as soon as I get home.

From: Goremaul
To: wanchango
Date: 2015/06/15 20:39:43

No worries! Life happens.

From: Goremaul
To: wanchango
Date: 2015/06/17 22:46:17

Any luck getting that stuff shipped out?

From: Goremaul
To: wanchango
Date: 2015/06/19 05:27:09

Hello again!

Was just curious if you managed to get those Ogres and CoA stuff shipped out. I haven't gotten a response yet.

Thanks!

From: wanchango
To: Goremaul
Date: 2015/06/19 13:44:06

Hey sorry, I should be home tomorrow and if I get everything done in time I will get it shipped out in the morning.

From: Goremaul
To: wanchango
Date: 2015/06/23 03:10:40

So according to the tracking info the minis should have arrived. Any luck getting my stuff shipped out?

From: Goremaul
To: wanchango
Date: 2015/06/25 15:51:57

Hello again (wanchango),

It's been close to a week since I last heard from you, and I still haven't received any confirmation of you shipping out your end of the deal. According to the tracking info, the minis I sent arrived there Tuesday. I understand that life can happen, but I would appreciate some kind of communication/update. Did the Convergence and Pirates arrive in good shape? Will you be able to ship out the Ogres and CoA in the next couple of days?

Just getting a little worried.

-(me)

I also emailed this last message to him. No reponse yet.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2015/06/29 16:23:41

Current games: X-Wing, Blood Bowl

Made in ca
Three Color Minimum

Canada

Got a response from him. Looks like real life happened in a bad way. :(

I shall keep posted, but looks like a resolution is well on its way.

Edit: Been long since unresolved. No communication from him. Looks like I was had. :(

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2015/10/09 18:25:19

Current games: X-Wing, Blood Bowl

Made in us
[SWAP SHOP MOD]
Robot Cat

OH-I Wanna get out of here

Thanks, keep us posted. Anyone without relevant should not be posting, as is the norm for a TR.

Forum Index » Dakka Swap Shop
Go to: