Switch Theme:

[Adepta Sororitas] Heavy Weapons pg 23  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
[MOD]
Protoculturist






RVA


Spoiler:
[Thumb - 390E8B4A-09B8-4D26-B4F0-800E5B11AA88.jpeg]

This message was edited 9 times. Last update was at 2019/05/27 14:59:18


   
Made in us
Contagious Dreadnought of Nurgle





Lol. Some skulls are holy relics, others are just littered across the floor like so much useless trash. Grimdark1!
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Protoculturist






RVA

Depend’s on whose skull it is, duh.

GW is certainly on the right track with Sisters so far!

   
Made in es
Dark Angels Librarian with Book of Secrets




Vigo. Spain.

I have been able to stop buying this past months any warhammer kits because I have a inmense pile of grey plastic and now I'll have to buy a full box of space marines and Sisters of Battle are becoming more and more hard to res... who I'm kidding I have accepted I'll buy a entire SoB army the moment they go into sale.

 Crimson Devil wrote:

Dakka does have White Knights and is also rather infamous for it's Black Knights. A new edition brings out the passionate and not all of them are good at expressing themselves in written form. There have been plenty of hysterical responses from both sides so far. So we descend into pointless bickering with neither side listening to each other. So posting here becomes more masturbation than conversation.

ERJAK wrote:
Forcing a 40k player to keep playing 7th is basically a hate crime.

 
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Protoculturist






RVA

Yeah I am actually anxious about how much money I will be tempted to spend when plastic Sisters arrive.

   
Made in us
Crushing Black Templar Crusader Pilot





LA

I really like this model, the aesthetic is basically spot on. I'm dreading how much this is going to end up costing me though.

 
   
Made in us
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit




San Jose, CA

If the previously released stuff along with this newest pic are anything to go by, Sororitas are gonna look great!
   
Made in ca
Rookie Pilot




Lotusland

Yeah... I'm still all in.

The Zenobian 7th in Action - 40K Imperial Guard doing a Rogue Trader's dirty work

Dispatches from the Miniature Front - my new blog 
   
Made in gb
Hooded Inquisitorial Interrogator






That’s pretty much perfect. I can see Sisters becoming the first time I collect an actual army.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Ellicott City, MD

Figure looks great! But is that seriously a 32mm base she’s standing on? I know scale creep is a thing, but come on GW...

Valete,

JohnS

Valete,

JohnS

"You don't believe data - you test data. If I could put my finger on the moment we genuinely <expletive deleted> ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around"

-Jamie Sanderson 
   
Made in nl
Veteran Inquisitorial Tyranid Xenokiller






your mind

1. like that the model retains enough of the old aesthetic as to not make the old metals obsolete.
2. will use new plastics to finish an old project left behind because... no (affordable, interesting) models.
____
3. therefore, GUARANTEED SALES as 3 million old fat guys like myself come back to the table.

But that aside, sisters should not be a viable army solo at points levels over 1500 in my opinion. I think that the solution to the problem now isn't allies and so on but having stricter faction identities. So, GW will likely do this anyway, have 4 main factions and then subgroups can fill out detachment templates. So, like epic really, but with bigger models, and at the expense of modifyability as well.

This leaves the "hobbyist" in a position where s/he has to buy different trademarked models (eliminators?... jeez.) in order to gain use of the extended or special abilities that would have, in the past, been represented with conversions of other models.

I see sisters being some subunit that can be purchased to provide this variability within the rules as written.

They lose a lot of people in such a transition though.

The hobbyist who liked to use their stuff in a more RPG minded system to build new stuff.

Anyways, I am dumping a lot of old kit soon I figure,
as 8th ed rules still can't get me back to the table -
but I want to use my 30euro airbrush to paint some of the very nice new models alongside the old metal sisters that I have had shipped across the world twice, in black primer, over the past 20 years.

Great work, GW.




   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




 cygnnus wrote:
Figure looks great! But is that seriously a 32mm base she’s standing on? I know scale creep is a thing, but come on GW...

Valete,

JohnS


How dare you insult the primaris sistorum.

Stupid joke aside, could be she's sitting on a larger base since she has the relic, I've had some interesting times fitting some of my banner bearers onto 25 mm after not paying quite enough attention during assembly.
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut





 cygnnus wrote:
Figure looks great! But is that seriously a 32mm base she’s standing on? I know scale creep is a thing, but come on GW...

Scale creep?

She would be ludicrously tiny if that was just 33 mm, my guess is 40 mm. Just look at primaris, they normally fit on 33 mm no problem, but banner bearer has to go on 40 mm to fit the pole despite much more sensible pose. Seeing there is some space around the rim still, it looks about right for normally 25 mm mini with banner and robe both fitting in the base...
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Back in the dark





Suffolk, where the Aliens roam.

Yeah looks like a 40mm.

Also I fully expect Sisters to be all 32mm, the resin Sister Superior we got last time and the two body guards to Celestine have also been on 32.

Plus my theory so far seems to be holding out, that any new kits with T4 or a 3+ save are going onto 32s. Sometimes it also effects models with multiple wounds.

"That's not an Ork, its a girl.." - Last words of High General Daran Ul'tharem, battle of Ursha VII.

Two White Horses (Ipswich Town and Denver Broncos Supporter)
 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut






Yeah no, that's a 32mm base she's on, unless you think a SoB should be taller than a Primaris.
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Back in the dark





Suffolk, where the Aliens roam.

Just got my female inquisitor down who I based on a 32, and yeah it is 32. For some reason I thought the sister profile would be wider, but the Inquisitor takes up about the same room on her 32 and she has a very similar armour on to a Sister.

"That's not an Ork, its a girl.." - Last words of High General Daran Ul'tharem, battle of Ursha VII.

Two White Horses (Ipswich Town and Denver Broncos Supporter)
 
   
Made in ca
Nimble Pistolier




Montreal, QC Canada

Yeah I hope the base size they will be on is confirmed soon. I have a box of sisters I want to paint but I want to make sure I won't have to rebase them anytime soon.

Commodus Leitdorf Paints all of the Things!!
The Breaking of the Averholme: An AoS Adventure
"We have clearly reached the point where only rampant and unchecked stabbing can save us." -Black Mage 
   
Made in de
Inspiring Icon Bearer






I hope that one stop shop they're talking about will get more than we've seen for the last year, quickly. Whole thing is pretty meh to me until I see Repentias.

 Commodus Leitdorf wrote:
Yeah I hope the base size they will be on is confirmed soon. I have a box of sisters I want to paint but I want to make sure I won't have to rebase them anytime soon.


The Sister render they showed last year was on 32mm (including base filling scenic topper) as well. While it's not confirmation just yet, I know which way I'd lean if I had to guess GW's intent.

Alternatively you'll just have to choose the option that annoys me the most, as GW does. There's your confirmation that it'll be 32mm bases...

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in us
Da Head Honcho Boss Grot




 Geifer wrote:
I hope that one stop shop they're talking about will get more than we've seen for the last year, quickly. Whole thing is pretty meh to me until I see Repentias.

 Commodus Leitdorf wrote:
Yeah I hope the base size they will be on is confirmed soon. I have a box of sisters I want to paint but I want to make sure I won't have to rebase them anytime soon.


The Sister render they showed last year was on 32mm (including base filling scenic topper) as well. While it's not confirmation just yet, I know which way I'd lean if I had to guess GW's intent.

Alternatively you'll just have to choose the option that annoys me the most, as GW does. There's your confirmation that it'll be 32mm bases...


50mm square bases is what I heard. You'll have to ebay them though, they won't come in the box.
   
Made in is
Crazed Witch Elf




Iceland

 Galas wrote:
I have been able to stop buying this past months any warhammer kits because I have a inmense pile of grey plastic and now I'll have to buy a full box of space marines and Sisters of Battle are becoming more and more hard to res... who I'm kidding I have accepted I'll buy a entire SoB army the moment they go into sale.


I earmarked money to buy a SoB army the minute they announced they were working on it. Can't resist the sisters.

Cypher | Craftworlds | Drukhari | Dark Angels | Necrons | Emperor's Children(30k/40k) | Tyranids | Orks

Daughters of Khaine | Blades of Khorne | Stormcast Eternals | Flesh-Eater Courts
 
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Keeper of the Adeptus Arbites Flame






Arlington, va

Arg! Someone tell the sisters and mech to stop looting the Adeptus Arbites helmet supply!

(Actually I'm all for more Salet helms, make it easy to kit bash Arbites)


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Nightlord1987 wrote:
Lol. Some skulls are holy relics, others are just littered across the floor like so much useless trash. Grimdark1!


From what I understand most land masses in 40k rest on a bed of rolling skulls which is what causes the occasional skull quake.

(learned geology from Realms of Battle boards)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/02/08 13:35:50


 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut






Sisters of Silence are already on 32mm bases.
   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

 Eldarsif wrote:
 Galas wrote:
I have been able to stop buying this past months any warhammer kits because I have a inmense pile of grey plastic and now I'll have to buy a full box of space marines and Sisters of Battle are becoming more and more hard to res... who I'm kidding I have accepted I'll buy a entire SoB army the moment they go into sale.


I earmarked money to buy a SoB army the minute they announced they were working on it. Can't resist the sisters.


Yep - I have a reserve of about £500 to buy with, more if needed...

Def a good model and pleased with work so far looking forward to the "bulletin"

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in de
Inspiring Icon Bearer






the_scotsman wrote:
 Geifer wrote:
I hope that one stop shop they're talking about will get more than we've seen for the last year, quickly. Whole thing is pretty meh to me until I see Repentias.

 Commodus Leitdorf wrote:
Yeah I hope the base size they will be on is confirmed soon. I have a box of sisters I want to paint but I want to make sure I won't have to rebase them anytime soon.


The Sister render they showed last year was on 32mm (including base filling scenic topper) as well. While it's not confirmation just yet, I know which way I'd lean if I had to guess GW's intent.

Alternatively you'll just have to choose the option that annoys me the most, as GW does. There's your confirmation that it'll be 32mm bases...


50mm square bases is what I heard. You'll have to ebay them though, they won't come in the box.


40k is a sci-fi setting. I demand hex bases!

 Kid_Kyoto wrote:
 Nightlord1987 wrote:
Lol. Some skulls are holy relics, others are just littered across the floor like so much useless trash. Grimdark1!


From what I understand most land masses in 40k rest on a bed of rolling skulls which is what causes the occasional skull quake.

(learned geology from Realms of Battle boards)


Can confirm - it's a scientifically proven fact.

But that's just skulls of the unworthy. If you're worthy, you get to be a servo skull, a throne or a holy relic. Or window dressing. Or wall decoration. Or...

Well, alright. Pretty sure skulls get assigned based on a D66 table.

 Lord Damocles wrote:
Sisters of Silence are already on 32mm bases.


And incidentally fit wonderfully on 25mm bases in spite of spreading their legs wide to take up as much space as humanly possible.

I expect we'll see the same with (other) Sisters, but with more variety in poses so that their 32mm bases look even more ridiculous.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in us
Consigned to the Grim Darkness





USA

More skulls than the previous one, means she must be more powerful, too.

The people in the past who convinced themselves to do unspeakable things were no less human than you or I. They made their decisions; the only thing that prevents history from repeating itself is making different ones.
-- Adam Serwer
My blog
 
   
Made in de
Inspiring Icon Bearer






 Mr Morden wrote:
 Eldarsif wrote:
 Galas wrote:
I have been able to stop buying this past months any warhammer kits because I have a inmense pile of grey plastic and now I'll have to buy a full box of space marines and Sisters of Battle are becoming more and more hard to res... who I'm kidding I have accepted I'll buy a entire SoB army the moment they go into sale.


I earmarked money to buy a SoB army the minute they announced they were working on it. Can't resist the sisters.


Yep - I have a reserve of about £500 to buy with, more if needed...

Def a good model and pleased with work so far looking forward to the "bulletin"


I've had a Sisters slush fund for years. Then I spent it on something that was actually going to exist. Shortly afterwards we got the announcement for plastic Sisters...

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in us
Consigned to the Grim Darkness





USA

Something about the neck bothers me, but it might be just me not looking at it right.

The people in the past who convinced themselves to do unspeakable things were no less human than you or I. They made their decisions; the only thing that prevents history from repeating itself is making different ones.
-- Adam Serwer
My blog
 
   
Made in us
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader




.That's definitely a Sister. But...

Maybe its the different shades of grey but the greaves+lower robe+corset+shoulder pads (of doom)+anachronistic helmet don't create a unified model. Too piecemeal, too many unrelated aesthetics layered on top of each other

Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Protoculturist






RVA

Sounds like you don’t like Sisters.

   
Made in us
Consigned to the Grim Darkness





USA

Voss wrote:
Maybe its the different shades of grey but the greaves+lower robe+corset+shoulder pads (of doom)+anachronistic helmet don't create a unified model. Too piecemeal, too many unrelated aesthetics layered on top of each other
I kinda disagree? It's really more cloth parts + metal parts together, and I think it works. Ideally you'd paint the robes a more matte color while the armor is metal.

The people in the past who convinced themselves to do unspeakable things were no less human than you or I. They made their decisions; the only thing that prevents history from repeating itself is making different ones.
-- Adam Serwer
My blog
 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: