Switch Theme:

What are you playing right now?  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Stabbin' Skarboy





Dorset, England

God I hate the fights where im required to fight by myself. Donald is my Curaga buddie.

That's quite interesting, I haven't played Kingdom Hearts (because Disney) but my favourite RPG Summoner 2 has many sections where you are forced to work with a reduced character roster or a single character and they are my favourite parts of the game.

I do hate white magic in RPGs though, so maybe I just enjoy sections that are balanced around not having access to it.

Managed to convince my brother to pick up Wildlands again, so we got us some glorious coop going on.

I thought this some sort of geography walking simulator from what you said about it before, I didn't realise it was a Tom Clancy game!

A central villain has been revealed in my Darksiders 2 game now which got me more into it, I like me a bit of story even if it is cheesy.


This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/10/04 11:16:49


 
   
Made in nl
[DCM]
Indomitable hell rider of glorious renown






102nd Expeditionary Fleet

 Kroem wrote:
I thought this some sort of geography walking simulator from what you said about it before, I didn't realise it was a Tom Clancy game!


The title can be a bit misleading maybe if you leave the rest of the name off: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands, though a better name would've been "CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER - THE VIDEO GAME"

Though it has plenty of sights to see, a lot based around real locations.

"Barbie's house, what the feth?"

"Different one, not the doll, but the nazi."

"Why are there nazis in South America?"

"Oh you poor, naive child.."

Be ash and cinder forevermore!

V - 11 | T - 3 | 敗 - 40

DakkaDakka | Where you thank the mods for baning you! 
   
Made in ie
Dominating Dominatrix






Dublin, Ireland

Still plugging away at Farcry4. Boy o boy are the characters utterly forgettable and bordering on genuinely annoying. The plot is paper thin too. I just dont give a darn what happens to anyone or the resolution of the revolution.
Still fun hunting convoys and blowing up camps though.

Dman137 wrote:
goobs is all you guys will ever be

By 1-irt: Still as long as Hissy keeps showing up this is one of the most entertaining threads ever.

"Feelin' goods, good enough". 
   
Made in us
Tail-spinning Tomb Blade Pilot





Michigan

I actually went back and Purchased the Z.O.E. collectors edition (Zone of the Enders) Most people just purchased it back in the day for the Metal gear Solid 3 demo but it's actually a really good game of high speed flying robot action. I wouldn't bother playing the first iteration but the 2nd runner is great!

Necrons - 6000+
Eldar/DE/Harlequins- 6000+
Genestealer Cult - 2000
Currently enthralled by Blanchitsu and INQ28. 
   
Made in gb
Stabbin' Skarboy





Dorset, England

Yep ZOE 2 is a PS2 classic, like most Japanese games it has so much extra playtime with NG+ and all the challenge modes.

My friends and I even played quite a bit of the multiplayer, although we did rant about how ridiculous Arjet's 'Coffin Beam' was!
(To those interested, the beam itself was actually fairly easy to avoid but you were invincible in the charging period and the swirling energy which surrounded you did insane amounts of damage.
So the tactic was to stun your enemy, start charging and shove yourselves in their face for max damage!)
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut




Welcoming refugees from Dumbfethistan

 Ratius wrote:
Still plugging away at Farcry4. Boy o boy are the characters utterly forgettable and bordering on genuinely annoying. The plot is paper thin too. I just dont give a darn what happens to anyone or the resolution of the revolution.
Still fun hunting convoys and blowing up camps though.


Yeah, I it's at the point where I only enjoy it when Pagan Min calls me on the radio, because he's actually a hilarious guy. If the writers of FC4 are trying to illustrate some kind of "no good guys in war" thing, they are sure doing a good job.

My other beef with the game is the wildlife of Kyrat is so murderous and numerous that humans would have been wiped out long before Ajay showed up.

We were once so close to heaven, St. Peter came out and gave us medals; declaring us "The nicest of the damned". 
   
Made in no
Noble of the Alter Kindred





Muslpelheim

I was intending to play World Of Warships today, but the game launcher simply chrases when I try to update the game, and it wont allow me to uninstal it either so I decide to dive back into a bit of Icewind Dale 2 and Pillars Of Eternity


Try to keep a blank page
But these memories they cloud my mind with grief
Faces lost forever
And the guilt of feeling some kind of relief
But when the end finally comes I won't despair
I'll just keep on hoping I might see you there 
   
Made in us
Novice Knight Errant Pilot




Messing around with Shadow of Mordor this weekend, just wandering around killing orcs and doing challenges is a fun break. Been seeing a lot about the sequel and wanted to remind myself if I actually like the game, and what was fun about it. I did, and lots. So...

Despite some complaining about the sequel, it looks like an improvement with more options and abilities. The story is a bit WTF, but the game (and the PR stuff) doesn't make much effort to hide that fact.

Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in gb
Using Inks and Washes





Duxford, Cambs, UK

Star Trek:Timelines on Samsung S7. Nice to get a heads up to at least one craft and a couple of the crew for Star Trek : Discovery over this side of the pond.

Even without that, it's strangely compelling. Trying to get your characters maximum level alongside your ships. I already have the I.S.S. Enterprise at max level and am working on mirror Uhura and Kirk.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/10/09 15:22:03


"Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you'll get ten different answers, but there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-Tzu, and Einstein, and Morobuto, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophanes…then all of this…all of this…was for nothing. Unless we go to the stars." Commander sinclair, Babylon 5.

Bobtheinquisitor wrote:what is going on with APAC shipping? If Macross Island were real, they'd be the last place to get any Robotechnology.
 
   
Made in us
Courageous Space Marine Captain






Just burned through rise of the tomb raider.

eh its ok. game play is enjoyable enough though im not really a fan of plot vision. lot of hand holding.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/10/09 15:38:48


 Unit1126PLL wrote:
 Scott-S6 wrote:
And yet another thread is hijacked for Unit to ask for the same advice, receive the same answers and make the same excuses.

Oh my god I'm becoming martel.
Send help!

 
   
Made in nl
[DCM]
Indomitable hell rider of glorious renown






102nd Expeditionary Fleet

It's a fun game, sadly a complete retread of the first rebooted game.

Be ash and cinder forevermore!

V - 11 | T - 3 | 敗 - 40

DakkaDakka | Where you thank the mods for baning you! 
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




Divinity Original Sin 2 - didn't care for the 1st one but I am really engaged in the 2nd. Combat is old-school turn based and fairly brutal but you can use a pretty good range of tactics and approaches that makes it interesting
   
Made in fi
Ork Boy Hangin' off a Trukk





Finland, Espoo

Destiny 2 on ps4.
Pretty fun even though it is more or less like the first one. So many of my friends play it at the same time so it's a great way to pass time. Still don't know how to aim on console controller

Also during pauses I try to playtest and develop our school project game made with Unity. Multitasking ftw.

Fifty shades of Krieg

Check out my hobby blog!


 
   
Made in ca
Stone Bonkers Fabricator General





Arstotzka

 BrookM wrote:
It's a fun game, sadly a complete retread of the first rebooted game.


Agreed. Just with a little "let's make crafting more complicated.'

 
   
Made in se
Member of the Malleus





You are to be assimilated. Lower your shields and disarm your weapons. Resistance is futile.
--Moar Stellaris. The galaxy shall be liberated of the pesky meatbag infestation.

His pattern of returning alive after being declared dead occurred often enough during Cain's career that the Munitorum made a special ruling that Ciaphas Cain is to never be considered dead, despite evidence to the contrary. 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Legendary Master of the Chapter





UK

Shadow of War. Which, as it turns out, is absolutely flipping phenomenal. Every great system from the first game has been carried over and rather than change stuff, 90% of it is just tweaks and changes; some abilities are a little more balanced, some are expanded with cool new twists on the classic powers, and there's some new ones in the mix as well which are all very welcome. (I didn't know the first game was missing a double-jump slo-mo aerial takedown attack, but apparently it was! ).

The story is a little bonkers, but told well enough, there are some much stronger characters this time around and while no, it's hardly LotR story-wise, the tone is actually pretty bang-on. The architecture, the environments, the aesthetic, the music are all very authentic.

And to address the elephant in the room regarding the microtransactions and lootboxes and how that must have inherently screwed up the balance and pacing of the game? No, no it hasn't. At no point in the 10-12 or so hours I've played thus far have I felt the need to go and buy a loot chest to get more powerful, or felt like the progression was moving at a slower pace to encourage sales of EXP boosts or whatever. I know there's been a lot of controversy about it recently, and the practice of loot chests and all that might not necessarily be a good one, but it doesn't affect what is in every other regard a really, really solid game. So if you were on the fence about it, it's 100% recommended by me if you liked the first one. Get it, ignore the Market screen entirely, and play an utterly brilliant game.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/10/19 13:37:09


Paradigm's Hobby Blog: last update: 24/02: Primaris Marines

Available for Commission Work. Click the banner for details.
Minis painted in 2018: 13
Minis bought in 2018: 11 
   
Made in ie
Dominating Dominatrix






Dublin, Ireland

Finished off Farcry 4.
Some fun fights/attacks and moments but overall a bit meh and most definitely repetitive. I'd be peeved if I'd paid full retail for it tbh.
20 quid was about right for 26 hours gameplay.

Dman137 wrote:
goobs is all you guys will ever be

By 1-irt: Still as long as Hissy keeps showing up this is one of the most entertaining threads ever.

"Feelin' goods, good enough". 
   
Made in nl
[DCM]
Indomitable hell rider of glorious renown






102nd Expeditionary Fleet

Now replay the game and get the secret ending, by not walking away during the dinner at the start of the game.

Be ash and cinder forevermore!

V - 11 | T - 3 | 敗 - 40

DakkaDakka | Where you thank the mods for baning you! 
   
Made in ie
Dominating Dominatrix






Dublin, Ireland

Hmmm, I'll youtube it instead as it means I wont have to do the reggie and whats-his-face quests which were dire

Dman137 wrote:
goobs is all you guys will ever be

By 1-irt: Still as long as Hissy keeps showing up this is one of the most entertaining threads ever.

"Feelin' goods, good enough". 
   
Made in nl
[DCM]
Indomitable hell rider of glorious renown






102nd Expeditionary Fleet

All you have to do is sit through the intro and when you have dinner with Pagan, instead of making a dash for it, just wait twenty minutes or so.

Be ash and cinder forevermore!

V - 11 | T - 3 | 敗 - 40

DakkaDakka | Where you thank the mods for baning you! 
   
Made in ie
Dominating Dominatrix






Dublin, Ireland

I googled it
Interesting none the less!

Dman137 wrote:
goobs is all you guys will ever be

By 1-irt: Still as long as Hissy keeps showing up this is one of the most entertaining threads ever.

"Feelin' goods, good enough". 
   
Made in ca
Stone Bonkers Fabricator General





Arstotzka

I'm trying to solo play Borderlands 2 but its starting to kick my but.

 
   
Made in us
Dark Angels Librarian with Book of Secrets






A Protoss colony world

I've gone back to Civilization 5 since I don't have 6 yet. Almost forgot how fast time goes by in the real world when you're playing those games. It's like it alters the space-time continuum or something. Maybe if I played enough Civilization, when I got done we'd have flying cars, warp drive, and other future stuff.

My armies (re-counted and updated on 1/27/18, including modeled wargear options):
Dark Angels: ~10400 | Space Marines (Blood Ravens and others): ~1100 | Space Wolves: ~1400
Inquisition: ~200 | Officio Assassinorum: ~500 | Talons of the Emperor: ~500
Tau Empire: ~5700 | Chaos Space Marines (various legions): ~8400 | Death Guard: ~2500 | Chaos Daemons (all types): ~2300
Check out my P&M Blogs: ZergSmasher's P&M Blog | Stormsurge blog | Imperial Knights: Renegade blog | Total models painted in 2017: 65 | Total models painted in 2018: 33 | Current main painting project: Various models for my Adepticon lists
 Mr_Rose wrote:
Who doesn’t love crazy mutant squawk-puppies? Eh? Nobody, that’s who.
 
   
Made in us
Novice Knight Errant Pilot




 Paradigm wrote:
Shadow of War. Which, as it turns out, is absolutely flipping phenomenal. Every great system from the first game has been carried over and rather than change stuff, 90% of it is just tweaks and changes; some abilities are a little more balanced, some are expanded with cool new twists on the classic powers, and there's some new ones in the mix as well which are all very welcome. (I didn't know the first game was missing a double-jump slo-mo aerial takedown attack, but apparently it was! ).

The story is a little bonkers, but told well enough, there are some much stronger characters this time around and while no, it's hardly LotR story-wise, the tone is actually pretty bang-on. The architecture, the environments, the aesthetic, the music are all very authentic.

And to address the elephant in the room regarding the microtransactions and lootboxes and how that must have inherently screwed up the balance and pacing of the game? No, no it hasn't. At no point in the 10-12 or so hours I've played thus far have I felt the need to go and buy a loot chest to get more powerful, or felt like the progression was moving at a slower pace to encourage sales of EXP boosts or whatever. I know there's been a lot of controversy about it recently, and the practice of loot chests and all that might not necessarily be a good one, but it doesn't affect what is in every other regard a really, really solid game. So if you were on the fence about it, it's 100% recommended by me if you liked the first one. Get it, ignore the Market screen entirely, and play an utterly brilliant game.


Yeah, I've enjoyed this one. For all the complaints, I've found it fun, and the complaints irrelevant.
Some of the tutorial aspects (and getting domination) drags on too long, but compared to the first, it's a lot better- no more picking flowers or getting stuck in weird ghul caves where you absolutely have to build your hit streak up to some arbitrary number and can't progress at all if you don't.

I can easily see why LotR purists would complain, but most of the outrageous elements are feasible if you accept giant spiders are angelic beings just like everyone else that matters in the setting.

Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in nl
[DCM]
Indomitable hell rider of glorious renown






102nd Expeditionary Fleet

Decided to give up waiting on my brother to finally catch up and start the Fallen Ghosts DLC of Wildlands by my self.

So far.. good. New foes, new types of side mission.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/10/23 17:19:08


Be ash and cinder forevermore!

V - 11 | T - 3 | 敗 - 40

DakkaDakka | Where you thank the mods for baning you! 
   
Made in us
Bonkers Buggy Driver with Rockets






 KamikazeCanuck wrote:
I'm trying to solo play Borderlands 2 but its starting to kick my but.

What’s causing the trouble?

I overuse ellipses constantly in my posts. Apologies in advance, unless you already read my post. In that case regular apologies instead.
 
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut




Welcoming refugees from Dumbfethistan

Finally got Horizon Zero Dawn and it is friggin amazing! Big, beautiful world and goddamn robot dinosaurs! I highly, highly recommend it.

We were once so close to heaven, St. Peter came out and gave us medals; declaring us "The nicest of the damned". 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Legendary Master of the Chapter





UK

Voss wrote:
 Paradigm wrote:
Shadow of War. Which, as it turns out, is absolutely flipping phenomenal. Every great system from the first game has been carried over and rather than change stuff, 90% of it is just tweaks and changes; some abilities are a little more balanced, some are expanded with cool new twists on the classic powers, and there's some new ones in the mix as well which are all very welcome. (I didn't know the first game was missing a double-jump slo-mo aerial takedown attack, but apparently it was! ).

The story is a little bonkers, but told well enough, there are some much stronger characters this time around and while no, it's hardly LotR story-wise, the tone is actually pretty bang-on. The architecture, the environments, the aesthetic, the music are all very authentic.

And to address the elephant in the room regarding the microtransactions and lootboxes and how that must have inherently screwed up the balance and pacing of the game? No, no it hasn't. At no point in the 10-12 or so hours I've played thus far have I felt the need to go and buy a loot chest to get more powerful, or felt like the progression was moving at a slower pace to encourage sales of EXP boosts or whatever. I know there's been a lot of controversy about it recently, and the practice of loot chests and all that might not necessarily be a good one, but it doesn't affect what is in every other regard a really, really solid game. So if you were on the fence about it, it's 100% recommended by me if you liked the first one. Get it, ignore the Market screen entirely, and play an utterly brilliant game.


Yeah, I've enjoyed this one. For all the complaints, I've found it fun, and the complaints irrelevant.
Some of the tutorial aspects (and getting domination) drags on too long, but compared to the first, it's a lot better- no more picking flowers or getting stuck in weird ghul caves where you absolutely have to build your hit streak up to some arbitrary number and can't progress at all if you don't.

I can easily see why LotR purists would complain, but most of the outrageous elements are feasible if you accept giant spiders are angelic beings just like everyone else that matters in the setting.



One thing that is placating my inner (outer?) LotR nerd is that despite the fact the overarching story isn't really that Tolkienesque, the game's writers clearly do have a lot of love for the setting. Some of the Artifacts you can collect reference places that only really get an appendix note in LotR, and things like the naming conventions for the characters and locations are authentic to those languages and cultures. Those are really nice touches that remind you you are in Middle Earth, even if it's a somewhat bizarro version of it...


Paradigm's Hobby Blog: last update: 24/02: Primaris Marines

Available for Commission Work. Click the banner for details.
Minis painted in 2018: 13
Minis bought in 2018: 11 
   
Made in ca
Stone Bonkers Fabricator General





Arstotzka

 gnome_idea_what wrote:
 KamikazeCanuck wrote:
I'm trying to solo play Borderlands 2 but its starting to kick my but.

What’s causing the trouble?


I'm ok now. Just got to make sure to do some side-quests and not just all main quests to level up a bit. Those Golden Keys really make a difference too!

 
   
Made in ie
Dominating Dominatrix






Dublin, Ireland

Installing Prey. Fingers crossed its good - really want something juicy and involving to sink my teeth into.....

Dman137 wrote:
goobs is all you guys will ever be

By 1-irt: Still as long as Hissy keeps showing up this is one of the most entertaining threads ever.

"Feelin' goods, good enough". 
   
 
Forum Index » Video Games
Go to: