Switch Theme:

What are you playing right now?  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps




I've been watch some Phoenix point gameplay and it looks amazingly uninspired. 5 episodes so far, and it's much the same thing over and over. Human enemies break up the monotony a little, but those fights feel random with no real reason.

Map repetition and lack of enemy diversity seem a real problem, as does a lack of challenge. See crabs, shoot crabs

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/09/09 21:11:46


Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in ph
Fresh-Faced New User




I'm currently playing Monster Hunter Iceborne. I'm so happy to hunt Tigrex and Glavenus from Generation again.
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





I started over in Mount & Blade Pendor. Got some easy fights early, so nailed 150 Renown day 1. Then just kept finding Tournies. I had enterprises in every city but the lord-hates-you ones and the Baccus Empire ones (Because Baccus hates me), and most of the compainions I wanted, by the end of day 5.

I decided Baccus hates me because I was wrongly accused of being Snake Cult. So I made up my mind to seek out witnesses (Baccus Ladies-in-waiting - rescuing them increases your rep). But Baccus kept being a tool, so I wound up just fighting them more. On day 8, I saw the entire Baccus army get caught between Sarlean and D'Shar, so I took my crappy 100-man army and took Almera - unaligned.

Baccus never attacked me. They sueed for peace on day 14.

It's now day 60, and nobody has attacked me. What the heck. I'm the king of a single castle and village (which I gave to Rayne, so I have at least one vassal). But no real enemies to fight. Just upping my CKO, taking on rare spawns, and grinding up troops. The game really stalled out between day 14 and day 60.

I think I might start "joining wars" to help "keep the peace" (meaning, fight whoever's winning, as a reason to get into wars).
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Ambushing Wargor




Baltimore, Maryland

Well, I beat the main campaign in Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden.

Was a fun trip, but got kind of boring towards the end because of the lack of a variety of enemies. Every fight felt the same for the most part. The game is definitely challenging and I don’t regret the purchase, but I have no motivation to dig into the DLC campaign as it just looks like more of the same.

Once the new DLC hits for Warhammer 2, I’ll be knee deep in that for the foreseeable future.

"Sometimes the only victory possible is to keep your opponent from winning." - The Emperor, from The Outcast Dead.
"Tell your gods we are coming for them, and that their realms will burn as ours did." -Thostos Bladestorm
 
   
Made in se
Member of the Malleus





Total war warhammer 2. I’m taking a break from my running high elf campaign (which has been ridiculously easy so far). I’ve confederated all but 2 factions of ulthuan and they’re going to be conquered. On hard difficulty any of the military alliances with about 10.000gold will land you nice confederancies. Anyway, I’m trying out the vampire coast (on hard) and much enjoying roaming the seas. Don’t have much of a plan yet but it’s so much fun to hunt down treasure maps and generally raid and loot. This is my first horde army playthrough and I’m really enjoying it. Also like the infamy system telling me just how much of an ocean terror I am.

His pattern of returning alive after being declared dead occurred often enough during Cain's career that the Munitorum made a special ruling that Ciaphas Cain is to never be considered dead, despite evidence to the contrary. 
   
Made in ch
Anointed Dark Priest of Chaos





 Nerak wrote:
Total war warhammer 2. I’m taking a break from my running high elf campaign (which has been ridiculously easy so far). I’ve confederated all but 2 factions of ulthuan and they’re going to be conquered. On hard difficulty any of the military alliances with about 10.000gold will land you nice confederancies. Anyway, I’m trying out the vampire coast (on hard) and much enjoying roaming the seas. Don’t have much of a plan yet but it’s so much fun to hunt down treasure maps and generally raid and loot. This is my first horde army playthrough and I’m really enjoying it. Also like the infamy system telling me just how much of an ocean terror I am.


I would still consolidate a base though.
Which VC are you playing?

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page

A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.
_______________________________

Who would win:
10'000 + years of veterancy, or some raidy Boys?
(Not Online in regards to the new Red Corsair battalion CP boost.) 
   
Made in se
Member of the Malleus





Not Online!!! wrote:
 Nerak wrote:
Total war warhammer 2. I’m taking a break from my running high elf campaign (which has been ridiculously easy so far). I’ve confederated all but 2 factions of ulthuan and they’re going to be conquered. On hard difficulty any of the military alliances with about 10.000gold will land you nice confederancies. Anyway, I’m trying out the vampire coast (on hard) and much enjoying roaming the seas. Don’t have much of a plan yet but it’s so much fun to hunt down treasure maps and generally raid and loot. This is my first horde army playthrough and I’m really enjoying it. Also like the infamy system telling me just how much of an ocean terror I am.


I would still consolidate a base though.
Which VC are you playing?


Count noctilus. He seemed the most badass to me. Of course I’ll upgrade the malestorm but won’t bother with much else I think.

His pattern of returning alive after being declared dead occurred often enough during Cain's career that the Munitorum made a special ruling that Ciaphas Cain is to never be considered dead, despite evidence to the contrary. 
   
Made in ch
Anointed Dark Priest of Chaos





 Nerak wrote:
Not Online!!! wrote:
 Nerak wrote:
Total war warhammer 2. I’m taking a break from my running high elf campaign (which has been ridiculously easy so far). I’ve confederated all but 2 factions of ulthuan and they’re going to be conquered. On hard difficulty any of the military alliances with about 10.000gold will land you nice confederancies. Anyway, I’m trying out the vampire coast (on hard) and much enjoying roaming the seas. Don’t have much of a plan yet but it’s so much fun to hunt down treasure maps and generally raid and loot. This is my first horde army playthrough and I’m really enjoying it. Also like the infamy system telling me just how much of an ocean terror I am.


I would still consolidate a base though.
Which VC are you playing?


Count noctilus. He seemed the most badass to me. Of course I’ll upgrade the malestorm but won’t bother with much else I think.


In that case i'd still Grab Saratoga.
Etc.
Just to have fallbacks for your lords.
That said noctilous is probably the best suited for sea Terror.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page

A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.
_______________________________

Who would win:
10'000 + years of veterancy, or some raidy Boys?
(Not Online in regards to the new Red Corsair battalion CP boost.) 
   
Made in ca
[DCM]
The World Killer.




The best State-Texas

Currently playing Greedfall, and thoroughly enjoying it.


4000+
6000+ Order. Unity. Obedience.
Thousand Sons 4000+ 
   
Made in us
Junior Officer with Laspistol




pontiac, michigan; usa

Voss wrote:
I've been watch some Phoenix point gameplay and it looks amazingly uninspired. 5 episodes so far, and it's much the same thing over and over. Human enemies break up the monotony a little, but those fights feel random with no real reason.

Map repetition and lack of enemy diversity seem a real problem, as does a lack of challenge. See crabs, shoot crabs


Really? I was hoping to get that game. The boons I saw is you can customize your soldiers with sub-faction upgrades (in one case mind control or other evolutions) depending on who you helped and a few things looked cool like aiming at different enemy body parts. Of course what I saw seemed to show that the game wasn't ready yet. Some slowdowns or crashes and yeah the combat seemed to favor certain weapons. Grenadiers are stupidly strong but more due to doing weapon damage and lots of other damage. I don't have the game myself though so I can't say yet.

Join skavenblight today!

http://the-under-empire.proboards.com/ (my skaven forum) 
   
Made in us
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps




 flamingkillamajig wrote:
Voss wrote:
I've been watch some Phoenix point gameplay and it looks amazingly uninspired. 5 episodes so far, and it's much the same thing over and over. Human enemies break up the monotony a little, but those fights feel random with no real reason.

Map repetition and lack of enemy diversity seem a real problem, as does a lack of challenge. See crabs, shoot crabs


Really? I was hoping to get that game. The boons I saw is you can customize your soldiers with sub-faction upgrades (in one case mind control or other evolutions) depending on who you helped and a few things looked cool like aiming at different enemy body parts. Of course what I saw seemed to show that the game wasn't ready yet. Some slowdowns or crashes and yeah the combat seemed to favor certain weapons. Grenadiers are stupidly strong but more due to doing weapon damage and lots of other damage. I don't have the game myself though so I can't say yet.


yeah, I've been watching a playthrough by Retcon Raider over on youtube. He's pretty thorough but not shouty or exciting. He seems to like it but... eh. It reminds me a lot of Xcom2, and not in a good way. A lot of waiting for story things to pop and fairly mediocre fights on 'random' maps that repeat a lot and enemies that can be customizable, but don't seem incredibly interesting. Sometimes they have guns, but mostly they just shamble toward you and ineffectually try to shield themselves.

But then I didn't like Xcom2 itself, so a mashup between that and elements that remind me of Fallout at its blandest doesn't really strike a chord.



I'm more interested in Greedfall, which seems pretty solid despite games media whining (mostly about the setting, and in Kotaku's case, not being mechanically incentivized to be moral, which strikes me as missing the point), and despite Spiders' previous games looking terrible.
It does look like it has things that will really irk me (early on an NPC runs away from you, in the worst RPG railroad manner possible- the screen goes dark and your character announces he's escaped. Despite him starting inside a wooden stall where he _couldn't_ have gotten away easily. That sort of thing just... ugh.)

Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in ca
Executing Exarch




 flamingkillamajig wrote:
Voss wrote:
I've been watch some Phoenix point gameplay and it looks amazingly uninspired. 5 episodes so far, and it's much the same thing over and over. Human enemies break up the monotony a little, but those fights feel random with no real reason.

Map repetition and lack of enemy diversity seem a real problem, as does a lack of challenge. See crabs, shoot crabs


Really? I was hoping to get that game. The boons I saw is you can customize your soldiers with sub-faction upgrades (in one case mind control or other evolutions) depending on who you helped and a few things looked cool like aiming at different enemy body parts. Of course what I saw seemed to show that the game wasn't ready yet. Some slowdowns or crashes and yeah the combat seemed to favor certain weapons. Grenadiers are stupidly strong but more due to doing weapon damage and lots of other damage. I don't have the game myself though so I can't say yet.


I've been playing Phantom Doctrine recently. It has some key differences with XCom (the RNG is pretty much completely removed in combat, which is both good and bad). But it successfully implements some of the elements that frustrated me the most about XCom 2 (for instance, the lack of true stealth gameplay). With some care, you can finish most of the missions without ever going loud.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




Dragon Breed, Arcade.

Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in us
Junior Officer with Laspistol




pontiac, michigan; usa

I'm playing long war and starcraft 2. Not really much else to say. I think I'm doing alright in both.

I may need another xcom style game soon whether mutant year zero, phantom doctrine or Phoenix point. I find it odd stealth sounds more important in the first 2 than xcom 2 but if you're an xcom vet you know the power of a concealed scout that spots enemy pods for the rest of your force.

Oh and whoever decided in legacy of the void that battlecrusiers when handled with slight care can warp in front of their enemy's base and kill crap and warp back out not long after should've been shot. Seriously i almost kill them and when back in their base they stop for repairs and do it over again. I imagine the only way to handle it is to choke enemy gas supplies.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/09/14 09:00:48


Join skavenblight today!

http://the-under-empire.proboards.com/ (my skaven forum) 
   
Made in nl
[MOD]
Indomitable Hell Rider of Glorious Renown






102nd Expeditionary Fleet

A bit of Far Cry 5 weekly challenges for the silver bars and decided to start a new game of Wildlands in preparation for Breakpoint.

Be ash and cinder forevermore!

V - 11 | T - 3 | 敗 - 40

DakkaDakka | Where you thank the mods for baning you! 
   
 
Forum Index » Video Games
Go to: