Switch Theme:

The General GW News and Rumors and other White Dwarf Leaks Thread  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

It's volume one of a series. It even says so on the book.

Gathering Storm I: Fall of Cadia
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

 ClockworkZion wrote:
Well that's true too. I was thinking more like we'd know by the time the second book rolls out in like Feb or so...

It was ten months between Curse of the Wulfen vol. 1 and vol. 2. Expecting Gathering Storm vol. 2 in February seems a bit unrealistic.

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





 Ghaz wrote:
 ClockworkZion wrote:
Well that's true too. I was thinking more like we'd know by the time the second book rolls out in like Feb or so...

It was ten months between Curse of the Wulfen vol. 1 and vol. 2. Expecting Gathering Storm vol. 2 in February seems a bit unrealistic.

So from the looks, it might be a really tiny hold off for Sisters now. The couple new models and the refresher codex of similar rules...then Fall of Cadia part 2 will launch with 8th or just before it to lead into 8th and we'll probably start to see new codices and models from there.

From all we've been shown there's no way they're releasing a full line of sisters with Cadia 1. It would literally be stupid to assume they would. Sisters aren't the focus with the book. Plus if 8th is supposed to be this year or so there's little point in updating rules before it.

Sisters and Wolves 4000
~4000 points of Skaven
~2000 Kaptain Gitklaw's Grots
~2400 Kharadron Overlords
4x Imperial Knights
 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

 ClockworkZion wrote:
That said I can understand why Eldar players might feel salty that they have nothing but old models in Finecast.


I believe they still have the oldest models GW makes (Phoenix Lords, a number of the Warlocks, the Avatar). They still have, I believe, the second oldest plastic kit in the range, the Vyper (that thing came out when I was still in high school - and prior to that they had the old plastic Jetbike), so they're due to have a few things redone.

I'd love a Phoenix Lords boxed set (rather than loads of overpriced clampacks) where Jes takes a second go at each of his iconic models.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in us
Blessed Living Saint




On the Internet

Old plastics are still plastics. That's still a step up over some models/armies out there.

Like Vostroyans. Literally the best looking Guardsman army and they can't even field all their options (example: they don't have lasgun or autocannon heavy weapon teams models).
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

 Ghaz wrote:
 ClockworkZion wrote:
Well that's true too. I was thinking more like we'd know by the time the second book rolls out in like Feb or so...

It was ten months between Curse of the Wulfen vol. 1 and vol. 2. Expecting Gathering Storm vol. 2 in February seems a bit unrealistic.

If we're going to be honest, I think the difference in time frame between Wulfen 1 and Wulfen 2 had everything to do with the planned time frame of a Tzeentch release for AoS.

Gathering Storm is supposed to be "End Times" of 40k, per GW's own words. You're probably looking at a two or three month wait between books.
   
Made in us
Chaplain with Hate to Spare





Sioux Falls, SD

 Kanluwen wrote:
 Ghaz wrote:
 ClockworkZion wrote:
Well that's true too. I was thinking more like we'd know by the time the second book rolls out in like Feb or so...

It was ten months between Curse of the Wulfen vol. 1 and vol. 2. Expecting Gathering Storm vol. 2 in February seems a bit unrealistic.

If we're going to be honest, I think the difference in time frame between Wulfen 1 and Wulfen 2 had everything to do with the planned time frame of a Tzeentch release for AoS.

Gathering Storm is supposed to be "End Times" of 40k, per GW's own words. You're probably looking at a two or three month wait between books.
Especially if it sets up 8th Edition, which has been said to be coming out in Q3. I would expect to see Fall of Cadia to conclude before then.

5250 pts
3850 pts
Deathwatch: 1500 pts
Imperial Knights: 375 pts
30K 2500 pts 
   
Made in gb
Missionary On A Mission






 ClockworkZion wrote:
Fall of Cadia looks to be two releases like before so I wouldn't jump any guns I either direction until the second half comes out.


Part 1: Imperial. Part 2: Chaos. i think the gun can safely be jumped. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

- - - - - - -
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

 Kanluwen wrote:
Gathering Storm is supposed to be "End Times" of 40k, per GW's own words. You're probably looking at a two or three month wait between books.

It may be the End Times for 40K, but with a name like 'Gathering Storm' it's definitely just the beginning of the End Times.

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in us
Ultramarine Master with Gauntlets of Macragge




What's left of Cadia

Yeah the real "End Times" is still a ways off I'd guess.

TheEyeOfNight- I swear, this thread is 70% smack talk, 20% RP organization, and 10% butt jokes
TheEyeOfNight- "Ordo Xenos reports that the Necrons have attained democracy, kamikaze tendencies, and nuclear fission. It's all tits up, sir."
Space Marine flyers are shaped for the greatest possible air resistance so that the air may never defeat the SPACE MARINES!
Sternguard though, those guys are all about kicking ass. They'd chew bubble gum as well, but bubble gum is heretical. Only tau chew gum
 
   
Made in us
Blessed Living Saint




On the Internet

 BBAP wrote:
 ClockworkZion wrote:
Fall of Cadia looks to be two releases like before so I wouldn't jump any guns I either direction until the second half comes out.


Part 1: Imperial. Part 2: Chaos. i think the gun can safely be jumped. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

Probably true but not all things are released on time with the book. Like the Tzeentch daemons that we're still waiting on.

That aside, I was pretty sure people were saying GW said that this WASN'T the End Times for 40k and that the reason was there is no plot structure requiring an end like WFB. Did the doomsayers come back out with the silliness about things are ending without actual rumor sources backing that claim?
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

 Ghaz wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
Gathering Storm is supposed to be "End Times" of 40k, per GW's own words. You're probably looking at a two or three month wait between books.

It may be the End Times for 40K, but with a name like 'Gathering Storm' it's definitely just the beginning of the End Times.

Obviously, but again "Gathering Storm" seems to be the title for the series.

It's "Gathering Storm Book I: Fall of Cadia", from the way the pictures appear.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 ClockworkZion wrote:

That aside, I was pretty sure people were saying GW said that this WASN'T the End Times for 40k and that the reason was there is no plot structure requiring an end like WFB. Did the doomsayers come back out with the silliness about things are ending without actual rumor sources backing that claim?

This can be the "End Times" without actually ending the universe, y'know.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2016/12/31 04:44:20


 
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

 Kanluwen wrote:
 Ghaz wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
Gathering Storm is supposed to be "End Times" of 40k, per GW's own words. You're probably looking at a two or three month wait between books.

It may be the End Times for 40K, but with a name like 'Gathering Storm' it's definitely just the beginning of the End Times.

Obviously, but again "Gathering Storm" seems to be the title for the series.

It's "Gathering Storm Book I: Fall of Cadia", from the way the pictures appear.

Yes. We've had 'Sanctus Reach' which was two books. We've had 'Shield of Baal' which was two books. We've had 'Warzone Damocles' which was two book. We've had 'Warzone Fenris' which was two books. I expect 'Gathering Storm' to be two books followed by another two book campaign and so on and so forth.

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in us
Chaplain with Hate to Spare





Sioux Falls, SD

The unfortunate thing about 40K is that they kept pushing the timeline too close to 41K. Now, with the Fall of Cadia, we are going to be minutes from midnight on January 1, 41000.

5250 pts
3850 pts
Deathwatch: 1500 pts
Imperial Knights: 375 pts
30K 2500 pts 
   
Made in us
Blessed Living Saint




On the Internet

They rolled the timeline back from that at the start of 4th and seem to be working forward again while filling in the details they'd left unsaid before. Perhaps Eldrad will turn into a solid statue of crystal to fend of Chaos for example.

That said the setting has always been about how the galaxy is circling down the drain with increasing speed, the only question has been what happens once it finally runs out and M41 occurs. This is where the Imperium lives or dies after all and GW has always hidden the cards of what comes next very well by leaving plenty of potential red herrings. Until we see the answer though we won't get to see the real truth though.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




GW has about a dozen "end times" to go before they run out of steam. Even if by some chance we hit mk41 we still have a dozen or more stories and villains to go through.
The great devourer aka the tyranid brain bug and the real hive mind fleet
The necron sleeping king
The mechinum void dragon ctan
The Ork primes
About a dozen chaos gods beyond the big 4.
Whatever the heck they do with the tau communist soceitety of aliens and whatever they decides to do with that.
A few more smaller undeveloped races.

   
Made in us
Automated Rubric Marine of Tzeentch





I wonder which is more dangerous for 40k, progression or stagnation...
   
Made in ca
Lit By the Flames of Prospero





Edmonton, Alberta

I feel like alot of Long Time 40k fans would rather see 40k expand in width with materiel covering more Xenos like the Saharduin, Hurd, Tarellian, ect. But when your biggest sellers are the Space Marines, then the only way to go is foreword for new materiel to make product for.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2016/12/31 08:04:10


 
   
Made in gb
Esteemed Veteran Space Marine




UK

 Lockark wrote:
I feel like alot of Long Time 40k fans would rather see 40k expand in width with materiel covering more Xenos like the Saharduin, Hurd, Tarellian, ect. But when your biggest sellers are the Space Marines, then the only way to go is foreword for new materiel to make product for.


I think the smart thing to do would be to do a bit of both, obviously the big sellers are the existing factions, Marines, Eldar, Tau etc. But if they have big releases for them every few months it allows them to take risks and have smaller releases for things like Genestealer cults and Harlequins every now and then, which is what we've seen over the last year or so.

 
   
Made in gb
Major




London

gungo wrote:
GW has about a dozen "end times" to go before they run out of steam. Even if by some chance we hit mk41 we still have a dozen or more stories and villains to go through.
The great devourer aka the tyranid brain bug and the real hive mind fleet
The necron sleeping king
The mechinum void dragon ctan
The Ork primes
About a dozen chaos gods beyond the big 4.
Whatever the heck they do with the tau communist soceitety of aliens and whatever they decides to do with that.
A few more smaller undeveloped races.



All of those are just little side stories. The imperium is 40k, everything else is a supporting act
   
Made in fr
Hallowed Canoness





 Quarterdime wrote:
I wonder which is more dangerous for 40k, progression or stagnation...

Tzentch or Nurgle, make your pick!

"Our fantasy settings are grim and dark, but that is not a reflection of who we are or how we feel the real world should be. [...] We will continue to diversify the cast of characters we portray [...] so everyone can find representation and heroes they can relate to. [...] If [you don't feel the same way], you will not be missed"
https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1268665798467432449/photo/1 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Fenrir Kitsune wrote:
gungo wrote:
GW has about a dozen "end times" to go before they run out of steam. Even if by some chance we hit mk41 we still have a dozen or more stories and villains to go through.
The great devourer aka the tyranid brain bug and the real hive mind fleet
The necron sleeping king
The mechinum void dragon ctan
The Ork primes
About a dozen chaos gods beyond the big 4.
Whatever the heck they do with the tau communist soceitety of aliens and whatever they decides to do with that.
A few more smaller undeveloped races.



All of those are just little side stories. The imperium is 40k, everything else is a supporting act

Right now story wise sure however in the grand scheme CSM threat is the smallest threat overall. It's the absolute least amount in numbers and only slightly more powerful than normal space marines. Necrons are more numerous, have more powerful weaponry, and already wiped out the majority of the galaxy once including the most powerful race ever "old ones", and only a handful have awoken not even including the most powerful figures. The tyranids threat so far even including the major hive fleets were only scouting parties of a much larger and more evolved hive fleet with a much more powerful hive mind and likely the most numerous force in the universe. The void dragon is the most powerful ctan in the galaxy that ever lived however the emporer already trapped him once. However he is more powerful than any traitor primarch ever. The warp has about a dozen other chaos gods still. Still. More powerful than any traitor legion. THe old ones are the most powerful historical race in the galaxy. And dementors are the most dangerous undeveloped race lorewise currently in the galaxy. A single dementor can take over an entire planet. Again something csm can't do. Csm are literally the smallest and weakest threat and need the 4 main chaos gods combined to Be even remotely athreat to the imperium.

In other words csm are a fully developed, organized and combined threat (that's already been defeated once) whereas most of the other threats to the imperium are either not awaken, not here yet, or just haven't attacked the imperium enmasse yet. Heck even a GW black library author said tyranids are the biggest threat to the galaxy. http://rob-sanders.blogspot.com/2012/03/xenos-seven-alien-species-with-shot-at.html?m=1

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2016/12/31 11:07:14


 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





Spoiler:
gungo wrote:
 Fenrir Kitsune wrote:
gungo wrote:
GW has about a dozen "end times" to go before they run out of steam. Even if by some chance we hit mk41 we still have a dozen or more stories and villains to go through.
The great devourer aka the tyranid brain bug and the real hive mind fleet
The necron sleeping king
The mechinum void dragon ctan
The Ork primes
About a dozen chaos gods beyond the big 4.
Whatever the heck they do with the tau communist soceitety of aliens and whatever they decides to do with that.
A few more smaller undeveloped races.



All of those are just little side stories. The imperium is 40k, everything else is a supporting act

Right now story wise sure however in the grand scheme CSM threat is the smallest threat overall. It's the absolute least amount in numbers and only slightly more powerful than normal space marines. Necrons are more numerous, have more powerful weaponry, and already wiped out the majority of the galaxy once including the most powerful race ever "old ones", and only a handful have awoken not even including the most powerful figures. The tyranids threat so far even including the major hive fleets were only scouting parties of a much larger and more evolved hive fleet with a much more powerful hive mind and likely the most numerous force in the universe. The void dragon is the most powerful ctan in the galaxy that ever lived however the emporer already trapped him once. However he is more powerful than any traitor primarch ever. The warp has about a dozen other chaos gods still. Still. More powerful than any traitor legion. He old ones are the most powerful historical race in the galaxy. And dementors are the most dangerous undeveloped race currently in the galaxy. A single dementor can take over an entire planet. Again something csm can't do. Csm are literally the smallest and weakest threat and need the 4 main chaos gods combined to Be even remotely athreat to the imperium.


Black crusades should be the most political danger to the Imperium, they have individuals who have seen many years of warfare, more than most regular SM.

Abandon should be able to sway entire planets to his cause, and not by might, by sheer political acumen, have him a master of diplomacy enhanced by the gods and if they don't fall in line then have him invade.

Because at the moment he throws a tantrum and slinks back to his perpetual hellscape. Wow what a threat.

Magnus has done far more than Abaddon, and he was having a sulk for over 10k years.

S.Y.






Drink the Wolfin' Chaos - Leman Russ 
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





Just got my WD. Man, those painting guides of Celestine and the sub-assembly shots of Cawl make it really hard not to pre-order the set. Hngh.

And I would personally *really* prefer GW not unravelling all the mysteries of the 40k lore to boost sales. The MIDDLE of the 13th Black Crusade is as far as I'd go, personally, beause we had that already under people I trust more than the current design studio and if that's as far as they're willing to push it, okay. Returning primarchs, explaining away every mystery of the Nids origin, the tomb king Necrons, no, thank you.

Looking for a Skaven Doomwheel banner to repair my Nurgle knights.  
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





 Binabik15 wrote:
Just got my WD. Man, those painting guides of Celestine and the sub-assembly shots of Cawl make it really hard not to pre-order the set. Hngh.

And I would personally *really* prefer GW not unravelling all the mysteries of the 40k lore to boost sales. The MIDDLE of the 13th Black Crusade is as far as I'd go, personally, beause we had that already under people I trust more than the current design studio and if that's as far as they're willing to push it, okay. Returning primarchs, explaining away every mystery of the Nids origin, the tomb king Necrons, no, thank you.


Are there any sprue pictures or just what we usually get?

S.Y.

Drink the Wolfin' Chaos - Leman Russ 
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





 StupidYellow wrote:
 Binabik15 wrote:
Just got my WD. Man, those painting guides of Celestine and the sub-assembly shots of Cawl make it really hard not to pre-order the set. Hngh.

And I would personally *really* prefer GW not unravelling all the mysteries of the 40k lore to boost sales. The MIDDLE of the 13th Black Crusade is as far as I'd go, personally, beause we had that already under people I trust more than the current design studio and if that's as far as they're willing to push it, okay. Returning primarchs, explaining away every mystery of the Nids origin, the tomb king Necrons, no, thank you.


Are there any sprue pictures or just what we usually get?

S.Y.


No sprues. Cawl is shown in four sub-assembly groups for painting which allows for easier inspection of all the bits, but on a small pic. And the usual this part is XYZ guide, but the front shot there is the same as the ad one, so wasted chance to show more of him there. Celestine is in a step by step painting guide, so lots of close ups. Her face seems a little flat, detail wise, then again, too much and she'd look like an old crone, eh. Both are featured in battle shots and at least Celestine is in the batrep.

Haven't spied too much of the good Inquisitor so far. I'm supposed to study, anyway

Looking for a Skaven Doomwheel banner to repair my Nurgle knights.  
   
Made in us
Blessed Living Saint




On the Internet

 Binabik15 wrote:
Just got my WD. Man, those painting guides of Celestine and the sub-assembly shots of Cawl make it really hard not to pre-order the set. Hngh.

And I would personally *really* prefer GW not unravelling all the mysteries of the 40k lore to boost sales. The MIDDLE of the 13th Black Crusade is as far as I'd go, personally, beause we had that already under people I trust more than the current design studio and if that's as far as they're willing to push it, okay. Returning primarchs, explaining away every mystery of the Nids origin, the tomb king Necrons, no, thank you.

Pictures please?
   
Made in jp
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Binabik15 wrote:
Just got my WD. Man, those painting guides of Celestine and the sub-assembly shots of Cawl make it really hard not to pre-order the set. Hngh.

And I would personally *really* prefer GW not unravelling all the mysteries of the 40k lore to boost sales. The MIDDLE of the 13th Black Crusade is as far as I'd go, personally, beause we had that already under people I trust more than the current design studio and if that's as far as they're willing to push it, okay. Returning primarchs, explaining away every mystery of the Nids origin, the tomb king Necrons, no, thank you.

In the live stream they mentioned that they want to answer some mysteries, but establish new ones. GW has spent 30 years crating mysteries but have unraveled very few of them. They could solve nine or ten big ones but still leave many more.
I am expecting the 40k endtimes to be more similar in scope to the forgeworld heresy books than the fantasy endtimes. I would be very surprised if they did not have at least a five year plan.
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





 ClockworkZion wrote:
 Binabik15 wrote:
Just got my WD. Man, those painting guides of Celestine and the sub-assembly shots of Cawl make it really hard not to pre-order the set. Hngh.

And I would personally *really* prefer GW not unravelling all the mysteries of the 40k lore to boost sales. The MIDDLE of the 13th Black Crusade is as far as I'd go, personally, beause we had that already under people I trust more than the current design studio and if that's as far as they're willing to push it, okay. Returning primarchs, explaining away every mystery of the Nids origin, the tomb king Necrons, no, thank you.

Pictures please?


Pics of what in particular would be interesting? What is okay to show on Dakka? I can have my brother take decent pictures in the afternoon, my own phone is a bit long in the tooth, unless somewhat blurry is okay.

PS: The Black Templar plus -I- pic is showing them on a moon called Klasius and trying to get *away* from Abaddon': forces. "Their deliverance comes from an unexpected direction..."

PPS: Spoiler from the sales blurb of Fall of Cadia, which is described as the first in "a new series":
Spoiler:
Cadia falls DURING this book
. Thanks, GW.


Edit (keep the typos, I'm in a hurry): Jes Bickham is the dude responsible for "the Gathering Storm project". At the end of the article he says "the End Times (well, die Endzeit) have only just begun". Primarchs and C'tan minis are a go, I guess. Steve Buddle did Cawl and the Inquisitor and Brian Nelson did Celestine.

PS: Chickout, I don't WANT solved mysteries from current GW, though, just like I didn't want exhaustive stories about the Horus Heresy and what the Warmaster had for breakfast ehen he decided to go evil. Or Sanguinius demons and GKs bathing in blood.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2016/12/31 12:19:27


Looking for a Skaven Doomwheel banner to repair my Nurgle knights.  
   
Made in us
Blessed Living Saint




On the Internet

Batrep and the painting stuff bot intrigue me as it offers some more peaks at models and what the can do.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: