Switch Theme:

Warhammer 40,000 Conquest  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in it
Regular Dakkanaut





This January Hachette has started a test run in Italy, distributing the first 4 issues in newsstands around the country. It's also possible to subscribe for the first 4 issues.

According to what sellers know, based on the success of this test run they'll actually decide whether to continue with the whole collection or kill it in the crib.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/01/29 12:01:28


8100 pts - 3300 pts - 2200 pts - 2000 pts -
1100 pts
 
   
Made in gb
Quick-fingered Warlord Moderatus




United Kingdom

From FB:

Warhammer 40,000: Conquest wrote:

Dear customers,

Please note that unfortunately our customer service team have been facing technical difficulties this week meaning that they are currently unable to respond to emails. If you have contacted the team and not yet received a response, please don’t worry. As soon as the technical issues are fixed the team will work through any customer queries which have come in via email, but we are expecting responses to be delayed as a result of these technical difficulties.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and we would like to thank you for your patience.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Delay replying to all the messages regarding missing January deliveries no doubt too.
I’ve got lots to work on so don’t mind if it doesn’t come for a while..
   
Made in gb
Quick-fingered Warlord Moderatus




United Kingdom

Danny76 wrote:
Delay replying to all the messages regarding missing January deliveries no doubt too.

And the people who didn't read the art book letter.
   
Made in gb
Princeps of the Emperor's Titan!






Going on previous billing/post times, I may be heading home to a bumper crop! Conquest, 2000AD, White Dwarf and my second Reaver. How exciting!

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives?Why not join us?

 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





beast_gts wrote:
Danny76 wrote:
Delay replying to all the messages regarding missing January deliveries no doubt too.

And the people who didn't read the art book letter.



There was enough of that just from people receiving the letter, who didn’t read the sign up info!
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




If the deliveries do start landing this week it means we are more in line with the shop release date with the last issue of the collection of 4 hitting retail just as subscribers get their delivery. Previously I was getting my delivery slap bang in the middle of the release schedule. It may make more sense to Hachette with regards to printing times?

I am interested to see if the art book is a bust like the premium subscription or something genuinely worth having.

Painting Warhammer 40,000 Conquest a P and M blog : https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/763491.page 
   
Made in gb
Imperial Agent Provocateur





Bridport

Checked my subscription this morning, the latest payment was dated 25th January. It wasn't there yesterday. This does match with my prediction. I expect others will also see the same. Expecting delivery in a fortnight, so around 14th February.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Note to everyone.

Forbidden Planet have updated preorders up to issue 40, mid May i think (just before the Plagueburst, assuming the order leaked is indeed correct)
   
Made in gb
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot




UK

I received my sub delivery of issues 19-22 this morning.

The art book was included. Opinions will vary over its worth.

Personally I like it but it is definitely at a level I consider expensive. The book is smaller than other art books and comes with a slipcase.

Some of the art is new to me but I've never flicked through a Death Guard Codex so they may have been available before.







This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/02/01 14:33:42


   
Made in ie
Sureshot Kroot Hunter





Ireland

I got a "Sorry we missed you" letter from the post today and I'm 99% sure it's conquest unless there's something I bought and forgot. It has seemed like ages since the last one, must have been at least 6 weeks

Link to my haphazardly updated blog: Boundless's sub-par conversion projects


 
   
Made in gb
Ultramarine Librarian with Freaky Familiar





Got my first issue today, Issue #1. Are there any other late subscribers? How long did it take for you to catch up, will they double up on Issues?
   
Made in ie
Regular Dakkanaut




 Shadow Captain Edithae wrote:
Got my first issue today, Issue #1. Are there any other late subscribers? How long did it take for you to catch up, will they double up on Issues?


They don't double up, I'm afraid. You'll always be a few behind. On the upside, you have plenty of time to plan what you want to do with each new mini?

Also worth mentioning that I got an early issue one as part of my subscription and then ordered an additional one for the extra minis and paint etc - the later one arrived in better shape and better packaging and the paintbrush was far better quality.

My impression is that they were rushing to meet the crazy demand early on, but later subscribers seem to be far less prone to shoddy quality/packaging, missing items or payment errors.
   
Made in gb
Ultramarine Librarian with Freaky Familiar





Casualty wrote:
 Shadow Captain Edithae wrote:
Got my first issue today, Issue #1. Are there any other late subscribers? How long did it take for you to catch up, will they double up on Issues?


They don't double up, I'm afraid. You'll always be a few behind. On the upside, you have plenty of time to plan what you want to do with each new mini?

Also worth mentioning that I got an early issue one as part of my subscription and then ordered an additional one for the extra minis and paint etc - the later one arrived in better shape and better packaging and the paintbrush was far better quality.

My impression is that they were rushing to meet the crazy demand early on, but later subscribers seem to be far less prone to shoddy quality/packaging, missing items or payment errors.


Ha! My first Issue came with a broken frayed paint brush and my mold line remover has no handle.

If I wasn't an experienced wargamer with all the tools I need already I would be pissed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/02/01 22:29:41


 
   
Made in gb
Darkwolf



West Sussex, UK

None of the mold line removers had handles, they are the very basic version.
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka






It works fine without one. Possibly better.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Yeah it’s actually good for reaching areas when little.
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka






Got issues 19 - 22 today, in a bag rather than a box. The art book is nice, although focussed on Death Guard and Ultramarines (a I was expecting). I like that it names all the artists for each piece.

Also, one of the background pages is about three Chapters who famously diverge from the Codex Astartes; the Iron Hands, the Salamanders … and the Ultramarines.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





I bag too..
Not sure about that, folded a few of my edges a little there, had to press with a rulebook to flatten out.

That’s in the artbook?
Surely no one would make that mistake making these..
Of all the diverging chapters.
I’d say those three, when it comes to following it strictly are in the top half of it..
DA and SW would have made more sense
   
Made in gb
Fully-charged Electropriest




UK

I got my subscription as well. The art book feels a little thin for £15

Imperial Soup
2200pts/1750 painted
2800pts/1200 painted
2200pts/650 painted
217pts/151 painted 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka






Danny76 wrote:
I bag too..
Not sure about that, folded a few of my edges a little there, had to press with a rulebook to flatten out.

That’s in the artbook?
Surely no one would make that mistake making these..
Of all the diverging chapters.
I’d say those three, when it comes to following it strictly are in the top half of it..
DA and SW would have made more sense


No, it makes sense. The Ultramarines have a pretty major divergence from the Codex. It’s one that is far more important than the Dark Angels’ and Blood Angels minor organisational discrepancies. Read it and you’ll see. it’s not in the art books; I already told you it’s on one of the background pages.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





You were talking about the art book and then said background pages.
I don’t have it so don’t know whether there’s any background in there too.
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka






I talked about the art book in one paragraph. Then I started a new paragraph, to talk about a different piece of information.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/02/03 18:17:57


 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




pity the conquest TV stuff has ended, just watched the last one, actually have been enjoying them, cheese and all, the bod they had presenting them was spot on for the job
   
Made in gb
[SWAP SHOP MOD]
Killer Klaivex







Does anyone know which rhino sprues are with which issues yet?


 
   
Made in gb
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot




UK

 Ketara wrote:
Does anyone know which rhino sprues are with which issues yet?


Unless Forbidden Planet have advance photos, we may have to wait until the first copies arrive in WH Smiths.

   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Yeah unfortunately it’s still about a month away of finding out.
As even the back of 25 probably will just show a Rhino, not have a built Rhino

Once someone gets a copy in hand, by any means, we will find out,.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Ketara wrote:
Does anyone know which rhino sprues are with which issues yet?


#27 & #28

there is a list on page 45 of this thread with whats in each issue from the Spanish publisher, basically what exactly is in what is unknown for multi-part though, reasonably safe bet to say you're not doing much with the first issue alone though

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/02/06 21:42:31


 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





I think he meant which Rhino sprues are in each of those issues, rather than issue numbers.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/02/06 22:25:53


 
   
Made in gb
Imperial Agent Provocateur





Bridport

Dr Coconut wrote:Checked my subscription this morning, the latest payment was dated 25th January. It wasn't there yesterday. This does match with my prediction. I expect others will also see the same. Expecting delivery in a fortnight, so around 14th February.


Actually arrived today, a week earlier than i thought

leopard wrote:pity the conquest TV stuff has ended, just watched the last one, actually have been enjoying them, cheese and all, the bod they had presenting them was spot on for the job


I quite enjoyed them too. I wasn't waiting on every one to be uploaded, but would look when i remembered, and the watch any new ones. Being behind, it meant i could see what was coming up in the number of sprues.

I'm leaving my art book sealed, keep the value up for when i sell it. I'm sure I will get over £20
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: