Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
Times and dates in your local timezone.
Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.
Subject: Re:Mostly Scratch Built Stuff on the Cheap - 40K Not Adeptus Mechanicus
I spent the weekend talking Adeptus Custodes and Chaos Daemons with my gaming friends. Custodes are a bit out of my budget at the moment, but I did figure out how to add Flamers of Tzeentch and Brimstone Horrors to my Chaos Daemon forces using an eye for conversion, clippers, and saws.
This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2018/01/22 21:23:27
I've been out of the 40K scene pretty much since Chapter Approved last year. We had a great D&D Campaign, played Gaslands for half the year, and played ICRPG, but then KILL TEAM came out...
So I refused to buy the starter box, but I broke down and bought the rule book. A quick perusal of the rules and I decided to use some of those KNOW NO FEAR Death Guard I had sitting around unused. F
Figured out my KILL TEAM and I needed a dozen models. It just kind of spiralled out of control from there..
Then there were 3 different Labor Day Weekend Sales that I got involved with where I scored models 30%-90% off. All those sales and I didn't find a single Plagueburst Crawler so I decided to scratch build one.
I am not sure of the tank in general, I love yours and you have nailed it, but I struggle with why the completely different design. It's weird, I like it, it looks cool, and like I say you nailed it, but in my head it doesn't scan. I mean this is supposed to be a chapter of blokes who defected thousands of years ago and got corrupted, so no new kit in a long time, surely they should have some variety of 30k rhino, corrupted but still a 30k rhino. Or do I have it wrong, they didn't have rhinos in 30k!
Seriously love the design you have though, did you use a template?
Subject: Mostly Scratch Built Stuff on the Cheap - Death Guard
Yeah, I have a ton of hobbies but I only seem to really be able to focus on them one at a time.
Got a bit more work done today.
I changed the front armor to something a bit more curvy and more like the GW model.
Glued down the gears that the Cannon sits on.
The new 3 of each dataslates per army thing may bite me in bottom. I have a FIRST STRIKE, 2 KNOW NO FEAR, and 4 DARK IMPERIUM's worth of Death Guard on deck to be built and painted.
So a quick search of the GW website, some cut and paste plus, basic math and my Death Guard Collection looks like:
- 6 Death Guard Lord of Contagion , a huge, terrifying Chaos Space Marine covered in spiked, corrupted Terminator armour armed with a plaguereaper.
- 4 Death Guard Noxious Blightbringer armed with a cursed plague bell, plasma pistol and a tocsin of misery;
- 4 Death Guard Malignant Plaguecaster armed with a corrupted staff and bolt pistol;
- 41 Death Guard Plague Marines – 5 armed with boltguns and plague knives, 1 armed with plasma gun and plague knife, 1 plague champion armed with bolt pistol, plaguesword and power fist; 8 armed with boltguns and plague knives, 2 armed with a plasmagun; 1 wields a boltgun, 1 is armed with a blight launcher and 1 – the Champion, who leads the unit – has a plasma gun, power fist and plague knife;
- 6 Death Guard Foetid Bloat-drone – a huge, buzzing machine held aloft by rusted turbines – armed with plaguespitters and a plague probe;
- 106 Death Guard Poxwalkers – the rotten, shambling core of the army – armed with improvised weapons (hammers, claws, bayonets and metal pipes are featured.)
- 1 Myphitic Blight Hauler
- 1 Plague Burst Crawler - Heavy Stubber and Plague Spitters
During my 40K down time I also acquired a 7E Nurgle Chaos Army that I can pull models from. I'm pretty sure I'm going to convert 2-3 Biologus Putrifiers