Switch Theme:

Games Workshop Preview Saturday October 17th--"Gridiron and Glory", preview finished!  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Chaplain with Hate to Spare





Sioux Falls, SD

I am liking the Myari's Purifiers. The pose on the Hammer Bro looks really nice. I can't wait to add these guys to my LRL.

5250 pts
3850 pts
Deathwatch: 1500 pts
Imperial Knights: 375 pts
30K 2500 pts 
   
Made in gb
Battle-tested Knight Castellan Pilot





 Kanluwen wrote:
People keep claiming that Kill-Team's dead, Kill-Team's not getting any support, etc...they finish with a teaser of new Kill-Team stuff next year and it's "an awful finish".

I was hoping they'd give us a teaser of the Underworld expansions, but oh well.

I've never once claimed that Kill Team is dead or that Kill Team isn't getting any support. Are you saying I shouldn't be allowed to judge the finish to the stream lackluster because some people have made claims about Kill Team that aren't correct? Absurd.
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

JWBS wrote:
I've never once claimed that Kill Team is dead or that Kill Team isn't getting any support. Are you saying I shouldn't be allowed to judge the finish to the stream lackluster because some people have made claims about Kill Team that aren't correct? Absurd.
Hence why his comment makes zero sense.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/10/17 14:29:37


   
Made in gb
Battle-tested Knight Castellan Pilot





GoatboyBeta wrote:
I wonder if the Kill Team bit means that Flayed ones and multi option Assault Intercessors are not coming until next year? Or could there be something more bespoke in the release?

The current Kill Team has half a multipart Reiver kit, I'd be very disappointed if they chose to switch to ETB minis in a new starter, though it's highly probable since the ETB assault Intercessors are five per sprue.
/Edit - very possible I should say, not probable.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/10/17 14:31:09


 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

JWBS wrote:
GoatboyBeta wrote:
I wonder if the Kill Team bit means that Flayed ones and multi option Assault Intercessors are not coming until next year? Or could there be something more bespoke in the release?

The current Kill Team has half a multipart Reiver kit, I'd be very disappointed if they chose to switch to ETB minis in a new starter, though it's highly probable since the ETB assault Intercessors are five per sprue.
/Edit - very possible I should say, not probable.


There’s a full Assault Intercessor kit coming, which is what they meant by multi option.
   
Made in us
Ultramarine Master with Gauntlets of Macragge





Upstate, New York

JWBS wrote:
GoatboyBeta wrote:
I wonder if the Kill Team bit means that Flayed ones and multi option Assault Intercessors are not coming until next year? Or could there be something more bespoke in the release?

The current Kill Team has half a multipart Reiver kit, I'd be very disappointed if they chose to switch to ETB minis in a new starter, though it's highly probable since the ETB assault Intercessors are five per sprue.


The dead assault intercessor does suggest they will be incorporated. But we know there is a full kit in the pipe at some point. It could just as easily be that. And KT really wants the full kits so you can make specialists. One of the perks of the system is making your team Your Guys. Multipart kits are almost mandatory for that.

If I was a betting guy, I’d put money on a new starter, with necrons vs marines. But that could also be done as an pariah nexus expansion box, which still needs the core rules. But with the changes in 9th, I suspect a whole new edition.

Ultramarines, 3rd Co. and friends, 13K+ Slowly growing 3Kish
Nevelon's Workbench: Ultramarines, Saim-Hann and other assorted oddities

Competition Index 
   
Made in gb
Battle-tested Knight Castellan Pilot





 ImAGeek wrote:
JWBS wrote:
GoatboyBeta wrote:
I wonder if the Kill Team bit means that Flayed ones and multi option Assault Intercessors are not coming until next year? Or could there be something more bespoke in the release?

The current Kill Team has half a multipart Reiver kit, I'd be very disappointed if they chose to switch to ETB minis in a new starter, though it's highly probable since the ETB assault Intercessors are five per sprue.
/Edit - very possible I should say, not probable.


There’s a full Assault Intercessor kit coming, which is what they meant by multi option.

Yeah I know, I just meant that ETB kits in KT starters is unprecedented. Of course they could very easily release multi-kit Intercessors this year, but they definitely won't be seen first in KT (so this supports his question/supposition in some vague way).
On the other hand, this vid pretty much guarantees we will see the full assault kit before "Early 2021", though that was pretty much known to be a certainty before we saw this vid.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/10/17 14:42:07


 
   
Made in us
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps




 Nevelon wrote:
JWBS wrote:
GoatboyBeta wrote:
I wonder if the Kill Team bit means that Flayed ones and multi option Assault Intercessors are not coming until next year? Or could there be something more bespoke in the release?

The current Kill Team has half a multipart Reiver kit, I'd be very disappointed if they chose to switch to ETB minis in a new starter, though it's highly probable since the ETB assault Intercessors are five per sprue.


The dead assault intercessor does suggest they will be incorporated. But we know there is a full kit in the pipe at some point. It could just as easily be that. And KT really wants the full kits so you can make specialists. One of the perks of the system is making your team Your Guys. Multipart kits are almost mandatory for that.

If I was a betting guy, I’d put money on a new starter, with necrons vs marines. But that could also be done as an pariah nexus expansion box, which still needs the core rules. But with the changes in 9th, I suspect a whole new edition.


Assault intercessors don't have specialists. Just a handful of sergeant options.
But yeah, more likely to be the new kit, or half of it.

Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




 GaroRobe wrote:
What realm has a desert? The Araby/persian theme is cool, but the harlequin esque mohawk doesn't do much for me. Although I suppose it works.


All of the Realms can have deserts. They have a wide range of biomes.
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

Voss wrote:

Assault intercessors don't have specialists. Just a handful of sergeant options.
But yeah, more likely to be the new kit, or half of it.

'Specialists' is a term used in Kill-Team to define someone who gets unique skills. Some folks like to model specialists differently based upon the skills used.
   
Made in us
Ultramarine Master with Gauntlets of Macragge





Upstate, New York

 Kanluwen wrote:
Voss wrote:

Assault intercessors don't have specialists. Just a handful of sergeant options.
But yeah, more likely to be the new kit, or half of it.

'Specialists' is a term used in Kill-Team to define someone who gets unique skills. Some folks like to model specialists differently based upon the skills used.


This.

From the full kit we’ve seen, the guy with the string of grenades would make for a good demolition specialist, just as a starter.

Ultramarines, 3rd Co. and friends, 13K+ Slowly growing 3Kish
Nevelon's Workbench: Ultramarines, Saim-Hann and other assorted oddities

Competition Index 
   
Made in ca
Experienced Saurus Scar-Veteran





California the Southern

I still argue we need an Underworlds equivalent for 40k, in the sense of fast paced, tactical, customizable, low model count game with a ruleset outside of typical 40k.

A rebranded Kill Team could work but I'm sure they'll continue to have KT use existing models, which is fine.

The new Warcry books make sense for newcomers, but I've got most of the cards I wanted. I still prefer the unique warband approach. Was hoping we'd see some new ones teased outside of the new starter but I'm pretty content with where the game currently is. I think I'll be satisfied once I've got the original core warbands painted- currently at 3/6 finished completely.

Agree with the others I like the direction they're taking the Hedonists.

Poorly lit photos of my ever- growing collection of completely unrelated models!

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/627383.page#7436324.html
Watch and listen to me ramble about these minis before ruining them with paint!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCB2mWIxhYF8Q36d2Am_2A 
   
Made in us
Courageous Questing Knight





Central Cimmeria

So what is everyone's guess if what it will cost me to get ahold of just the Bogenhaffen barons?

Hopefully I can get them for around $35 USD second hand like the current human team from the other starter.

The lumineth warband poses are all terrible. They look like derpy statues to me.
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




 Gallahad wrote:
So what is everyone's guess if what it will cost me to get ahold of just the Bogenhaffen barons?

Hopefully I can get them for around $35 USD second hand like the current human team from the other starter.

The lumineth warband poses are all terrible. They look like derpy statues to me.


I highly doubt they new stuff will be sold for $35. It really depends on the new box price, but don't be surprised if 2nd hand sellers aim for $50 instead.
   
Made in us
Sword-Bearing Inquisitorial Crusader





Those Slaanesh mortals are absolutely stunning. The whole team looks fantastic, but particularly the Leader and Slaangor. I love the little details like the scarification on the leader's limbs. The miniatures really capture an "exotic, yet deadly" feel. I really hope we see some more miniatures in this style when (and if) Slaanesh gets mortal followers like the rest of the gods.


 
   
Made in it
Bewitched Vassal of Angmar



Italy

Nice Slaneesh warband but those Lumineth are horrible!
   
Made in gb
Wolf Guard Bodyguard in Terminator Armor





 highlord tamburlaine wrote:
I still argue we need an Underworlds equivalent for 40k, in the sense of fast paced, tactical, customizable, low model count game with a ruleset outside of typical 40k.

A rebranded Kill Team could work but I'm sure they'll continue to have KT use existing models, which is fine.


They could totally work the Betrayal at Calth system into such a beast. Already hex-based, with cards even, has some nice, fast mechanics with surprising depth, just needs fixed layout boards, really.

"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in us
Ultramarine Master with Gauntlets of Macragge





Upstate, New York

 Mr_Rose wrote:
 highlord tamburlaine wrote:
I still argue we need an Underworlds equivalent for 40k, in the sense of fast paced, tactical, customizable, low model count game with a ruleset outside of typical 40k.

A rebranded Kill Team could work but I'm sure they'll continue to have KT use existing models, which is fine.


They could totally work the Betrayal at Calth system into such a beast. Already hex-based, with cards even, has some nice, fast mechanics with surprising depth, just needs fixed layout boards, really.


I really enjoyed BaC and wished they did more with it. Shame is was mostly just considered a delivery system for 30k marines.

Ultramarines, 3rd Co. and friends, 13K+ Slowly growing 3Kish
Nevelon's Workbench: Ultramarines, Saim-Hann and other assorted oddities

Competition Index 
   
Made in au
Tunneling Trygon






Been very excited to see the Hedonites, and they didn't disappoint. It's a shame the Lumineth are so unnaturally posed, complete with a full house of Tactical Rocks, but I'll find a way to get just the Slaaneshi mortals on their own somehow.

Don't know how to process the Warcry books. Didn't pick up any of the second wave of cards because of how wasteful the original packs are, so that consolidation is nice. But, I fear the books will end up becoming outdated very quickly, with new warbands from outside existing factions on the way, or new AoS units appearing for factions (and dare I hope maybe new factions).
   
Made in us
Courageous Questing Knight





Central Cimmeria

Domandi wrote:
 Gallahad wrote:
So what is everyone's guess if what it will cost me to get ahold of just the Bogenhaffen barons?

Hopefully I can get them for around $35 USD second hand like the current human team from the other starter.

The lumineth warband poses are all terrible. They look like derpy statues to me.


I highly doubt they new stuff will be sold for $35. It really depends on the new box price, but don't be surprised if 2nd hand sellers aim for $50 instead.


Dang. Aren't the regular single team boxes still $40?

They are much less appealing for conversions if I have to pay $50 out the gate plus burn bits to get them into fighting shape.
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

I'm not as hugely concerned about future warbands for WarCry. Boxes can include the cards for them and that's all that really needs to happen.

Realtalk: It would be great if Start Collecting sets could include the WarCry cards going forward.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Gallahad wrote:
Domandi wrote:
 Gallahad wrote:
So what is everyone's guess if what it will cost me to get ahold of just the Bogenhaffen barons?

Hopefully I can get them for around $35 USD second hand like the current human team from the other starter.

The lumineth warband poses are all terrible. They look like derpy statues to me.


I highly doubt they new stuff will be sold for $35. It really depends on the new box price, but don't be surprised if 2nd hand sellers aim for $50 instead.


Dang. Aren't the regular single team boxes still $40?

They are much less appealing for conversions if I have to pay $50 out the gate plus burn bits to get them into fighting shape.

Secondhand means you're paying whatever places will sell them for.

Teams are $40 retail right now. But that doesn't mean that secondhand will follow retail prices.
Worth mentioning that you would be looking at probably $80ish minimum retail for the teams here. Because it's team+Ogre+Griff.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/10/17 16:59:34


 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




I did like that all the shows/shorts or whatever all had drastically different styles.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Also was there any 40k really previewed besides Killteam or nah?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/10/17 17:36:26


CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Savage Minotaur




Baltimore, Maryland

Slayer-Fan123 wrote:

Also was there any 40k really previewed besides Killteam or nah?


Nope, was mainly a Blood Bowl, Underworlds and Warcry preview.

"Sometimes the only victory possible is to keep your opponent from winning." - The Emperor, from The Outcast Dead.
"Tell your gods we are coming for them, and that their realms will burn as ours did." -Thostos Bladestorm
 
   
Made in us
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps




Nope. No major games at all, really, just Specialist.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/10/17 17:38:31


Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in us
Ghastly Grave Guard





LA

Blood Bowl stuff is great, but aside from the refs its all been shown before. The new WH underworlds set is pretty bad, might skip that yet again. Only season I ever collected was shadespire. The minotaur/slaangor thing is pretty cool but it's the aelves that kill my interest. So all in all, glad I didn't wake up early to see the preview.

 
   
Made in gb
Wolf Guard Bodyguard in Terminator Armor





 Thargrim wrote:
Blood Bowl stuff is great, but aside from the refs its all been shown before.

Where? The leaked book doesn’t count.

"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in gb
Battle-tested Knight Castellan Pilot





Oh do they not release the starter warbands as individual groups? That would be a shame, I do quite like the Chaos one and probably would have bought it separately, definitely not as a bundle though. Mildly disappointing.
   
Made in us
Ghastly Grave Guard





LA

 Mr_Rose wrote:
 Thargrim wrote:
Blood Bowl stuff is great, but aside from the refs its all been shown before.

Where? The leaked book doesn’t count.


They had articles on the community site showing both the black orcs and new humans over a month ago.

 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Kill Team. Necrons. Flayers...

...yay.

Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

JWBS wrote:
Oh do they not release the starter warbands as individual groups? That would be a shame, I do quite like the Chaos one and probably would have bought it separately, definitely not as a bundle though. Mildly disappointing.

It's usually done at the end of a 'season'.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: