Switch Theme:

Might makes Right! - Codex Orks 2021 Tactics  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




I mean it’s still freebooter speed Waagh with 9 buggies… but ya there is a lot of boys to move around the board. And I like that with orks.. I want my boyz swarming all over.
   
Made in dk
Longtime Dakkanaut




Danmark

gungo wrote:
Ghaz is just an area denial unit. Who makes makari awesomesauce… but ghaz is still overpriced.

I’m not particularly impressed with that list…
I like the other GT list better.. even though it’s just the new form of freebooter speedwaagh.. I do think the madboy beastboss on squigasaur is a nice way to give that solo hq missile a bit more.
This list by Tarzan had the most battle points and missed being undefeated by 1 pt. Overall orks got kicked down a notch competitively with freebooter speed waaagh is still strong but no longer keeping up with the big 4. Still hoping someone finds a good speedwaagh balance list and/or the Killrig snagga buggy list picks up steam.
Spoiler:

Return Of The Leftovers 40k GT (Sponsored By Turn 1 Games)


++ Outrider Detachment -3CP (Orks) [81 PL, 1,375pts, 9CP] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Clan Kultur: Freebooterz

Detachment Command Cost [-3CP]

+ HQ +

Warboss on Warbike [6 PL, 115pts]: 4. Brutal but Kunnin, Da Killa Klaw, Power Klaw, Warlord

+ Elites +

Kommandos [4 PL, 50pts]
. Boss Nob: Choppa
. 4x Kommando: 4x Choppa, 4x Slugga, 4x Stikkbombs

Kommandos [4 PL, 50pts]
. Boss Nob: Choppa
. 4x Kommando: 4x Choppa, 4x Slugga, 4x Stikkbombs

+ Fast Attack +

DeffKoptas [8 PL, 150pts]
. DeffKopta
. DeffKopta
. DeffKopta

DeffKoptas [8 PL, 150pts]
. DeffKopta
. DeffKopta
. DeffKopta

Megatrakk Scrapjets [10 PL, 180pts]
. Megatrakk Scrapjet
. Megatrakk Scrapjet

Rukkatrukk Squigbuggies [15 PL, 270pts]
. Rukkatrukk Squigbuggy
. Rukkatrukk Squigbuggy
. Rukkatrukk Squigbuggy

Shokkjump Dragstas [10 PL, 170pts]
. Shokkjump Dragstas
. Shokkjump Dragstas

+ Flyer +

Dakkajet [8 PL, 120pts]: 2x Additional Supa Shoota

Dakkajet [8 PL, 120pts]: 2x Additional Supa Shoota

++ Outrider Detachment -3CP (Orks) [38 PL, 625pts, -5CP] ++

+ Configuration +

Clan Kultur: Freebooterz

Detachment Command Cost [-3CP]

+ HQ +

Beastboss on Squigosaur [8 PL, 145pts, -2CP]: 3. 'Ard as Nails, Beasthide Mantle, Madboyz, Stratagem: Big Boss, Stratagem: Extra Gubbinz

+ Fast Attack +

Kustom Boosta Blastas [8 PL, 160pts]
. Kustom Boosta Blastas
. Kustom Boosta Blastas

Stormboyz [3 PL, 55pts]
. Boss Nob: Choppa
. 4x Stormboy: 4x Choppa, 4x Slugga, 4x Stikkbombs

Stormboyz [3 PL, 55pts]
. Boss Nob: Choppa
. 4x Stormboy: 4x Choppa, 4x Slugga, 4x Stikkbombs

Warbikers [8 PL, 105pts]
. Boss Nob: Big Choppa
. 3x Warbiker w/ Choppa: 3x Choppa, 6x Dakkagun

Warbikers [8 PL, 105pts]
. Boss Nob: Big Choppa
. 3x Warbiker w/ Choppa: 3x Choppa, 6x Dakkagun


I prefer to have at least one wartrike if you run a speed waaagh, because he can be the target of -1 to hit stratagem that hits speed freeks vehicles.

The warboss cant put this stratagem on himself because he is not vehicle. And its sad to put it on an actual unit of vehicles as they can just get blasted off the table and thus the effect ends. The wartrike has Look out sir to help him not die.

And given how many vehicles you have id say its a pretty powerful tool in case you dont get turn 1 and want to limit the amount of molestation you will receive from enemy shooting turn 1.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/01 20:48:46


Hope, is the first step on the road to disappointment.

- About Dawn of War 3 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




I mean the unit it’s placed on is still a friendly speedfreak unit within 6in. It’s probably harder to kill 3x squigbuggies trying to hide out of sight then a wartrike. But I get why people take wartrike after you killaklaw a warbike the next warbike just isn’t as good in melee and is an easier target to kill then a wartrike. The wartrike is a bigger base for badskull banner and/or speedking.
However the beast boss on squig is even harder to kill then a wartrike.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/12/01 21:21:49


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Just wanted to add a comment about speed mob since I think a lot of the comments on the topic have the rules incorrect.

The first bullet of adrenaline junkies calls out the unit never gets a Clan Kulture. This has multiple implications.

If your warlord has the speed freaks keyword it can not take klan relics or warlord traits that are klan specific.

You cannot use klan stratagems for any unit that has adrenaline junkies.

Units with adrenaline junkies cannot cause the freebooter effect for other units in the detachment.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/01 21:33:12


 
   
Made in dk
Longtime Dakkanaut




Danmark

Automatically Appended Next Post:
gungo wrote:
I mean the unit it’s placed on is still a friendly speedfreak unit within 6in. It’s probably harder to kill 3x squigbuggies trying to hide out of sight then a wartrike. But I get why people take wartrike after you killaklaw a warbike the next warbike just isn’t as good in melee and is an easier target to kill then a wartrike. The wartrike is a bigger base for badskull banner and/or speedking.
However the beast boss on squig is even harder to kill then a wartrike.


You have to use the stratagem on a vehicle, thus wartrike is the only HQ vehicle we have thats speed freeks.

You cant place it on warboss on warbike so i find more use for a wartrike. When i go speed waagh, i always bring at least 1 deffkilla.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2021/12/01 21:38:49


Hope, is the first step on the road to disappointment.

- About Dawn of War 3 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran






blaktoof wrote:
Just wanted to add a comment about speed mob since I think a lot of the comments on the topic have the rules incorrect.

The first bullet of adrenaline junkies calls out the unit never gets a Clan Kulture. This has multiple implications.

If your warlord has the speed freaks keyword it can not take klan relics or warlord traits that are klan specific.

You cannot use klan stratagems for any unit that has adrenaline junkies.

Units with adrenaline junkies cannot cause the freebooter effect for other units in the detachment.


I believe that is incorrect. They don't get a Kulture, but they still have the Klan keyword. Like Grots basically.

So they can still take the relics and WLT's and benefit from the strategems.
   
Made in cz
Bonkers Buggy Driver with Rockets





Prague

I don ´ t know why to pop up the Cloud of smoke on wartrike. Now we have the squigbuggies in unit of 3. Such unit with -1 to hit is not so much possible to blast of the board and the area covered by smoke of 3 squigbuggies is huge.

If opponent can blast your squigbuggies with -1 to hit and KFF of the board, you did already something very much wrong imho.

11000p and one Ad Mech T-shirt 
   
Made in dk
Longtime Dakkanaut




Danmark

 Tomsug wrote:
I don ´ t know why to pop up the Cloud of smoke on wartrike. Now we have the squigbuggies in unit of 3. Such unit with -1 to hit is not so much possible to blast of the board and the area covered by smoke of 3 squigbuggies is huge.

If opponent can blast your squigbuggies with -1 to hit and KFF of the board, you did already something very much wrong imho.


Depending on the map your squig buggies might not be in the center of your map behind obscurring. Your warlord, the wartrike has an easier time finding the perfect spot to give everyone -1 to hit.

Hope, is the first step on the road to disappointment.

- About Dawn of War 3 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




I mean cloud of smoke is mostly first turn use only when everything is bunched up and your taking heavy alpha strike. Once your in turn 2 a lot of stuff is in combat and cares less about ranged atks. 3 squigbuggies or 3 scrapjets are just as good as a wartrike (heck 2x are still better). If they can somehow wipe out 3 buffed buggies in 1 shooting phase then they won’t have much left for anything else to shoot at anyway.
My issue with wartrike is it’s a wet noodle. It’s melee is weak and it’s not particularly hard to kill and it doesn’t even have good auras unless you badskull banner and speedfreak it. The beastboss on squig is super hard to kill w mantle and ard as nails. The bikerboss hits hard as BBK and killaklaw…




Automatically Appended Next Post:
 ArmchairArbiter wrote:
blaktoof wrote:
Just wanted to add a comment about speed mob since I think a lot of the comments on the topic have the rules incorrect.

The first bullet of adrenaline junkies calls out the unit never gets a Clan Kulture. This has multiple implications.

If your warlord has the speed freaks keyword it can not take klan relics or warlord traits that are klan specific.

You cannot use klan stratagems for any unit that has adrenaline junkies.

Units with adrenaline junkies cannot cause the freebooter effect for other units in the detachment.


I believe that is incorrect. They don't get a Kulture, but they still have the Klan keyword. Like Grots basically.

So they can still take the relics and WLT's and benefit from the strategems.


This ^
Your confusing kultur and klan
No one is saying they benefit from kultur
But you don’t need kultur to have a relic or strat
And 9th Ed freebooter kultur triggers when a freebooter klan kills a unit not when a unit with competitive streak kultur kills a unit.
Furthermore adrenaline junkies is not considered a kultur
That’s important for specialist mobs

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 2021/12/02 00:05:47


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





After rereading the Ork codex and the octarius book I think you are correct and my original post was incorrect.

   
Made in cz
Bonkers Buggy Driver with Rockets





Prague

gungo wrote:

My issue with wartrike is it’s a wet noodle. It’s melee is weak and it’s not particularly hard to kill and it doesn’t even have good auras unless you badskull banner and speedfreak it. The beastboss on squig is super hard to kill w mantle and ard as nails. The bikerboss hits hard as BBK and killaklaw…


Absolutely yes

11000p and one Ad Mech T-shirt 
   
Made in gb
Bonkers Buggy Driver with Rockets





United Kingdom

gungo wrote:

My issue with wartrike is it’s a wet noodle.


I use mine to hunt chaff units that I don't want to have to bother the other buggies with, or to finish off units that they've left crippled. The only time I'd expect it to hit hard is against something that can't really hurt it back.

The Wartrike is in a weird spot, because it's neither as bulky or as powerful as the other mounted characters, but is kind of necessary by being the only non-FW means of getting speedwaaagh without shelling out for Ghaz.
   
Made in it
Waaagh! Ork Warboss




Italy

Beardedragon wrote:
 Tomsug wrote:
I don ´ t know why to pop up the Cloud of smoke on wartrike. Now we have the squigbuggies in unit of 3. Such unit with -1 to hit is not so much possible to blast of the board and the area covered by smoke of 3 squigbuggies is huge.

If opponent can blast your squigbuggies with -1 to hit and KFF of the board, you did already something very much wrong imho.


Depending on the map your squig buggies might not be in the center of your map behind obscurring. Your warlord, the wartrike has an easier time finding the perfect spot to give everyone -1 to hit.


Cloud of Smoke can be triggered on a regular vehicle though, not necessarily on a character unless I missed some FAQ. Just put a buggy or a kopta in the perfect spot and give the bubble to all the other vehicles around it. There's no need to have the wartrike.

 
   
Made in dk
Longtime Dakkanaut




Danmark

 Blackie wrote:
Beardedragon wrote:
 Tomsug wrote:
I don ´ t know why to pop up the Cloud of smoke on wartrike. Now we have the squigbuggies in unit of 3. Such unit with -1 to hit is not so much possible to blast of the board and the area covered by smoke of 3 squigbuggies is huge.

If opponent can blast your squigbuggies with -1 to hit and KFF of the board, you did already something very much wrong imho.


Depending on the map your squig buggies might not be in the center of your map behind obscurring. Your warlord, the wartrike has an easier time finding the perfect spot to give everyone -1 to hit.


Cloud of Smoke can be triggered on a regular vehicle though, not necessarily on a character unless I missed some FAQ. Just put a buggy or a kopta in the perfect spot and give the bubble to all the other vehicles around it. There's no need to have the wartrike.


i understand that. But you can destroy said vehicles, you CANT destroy the wartrike because he has look out sir (well technically you can but its super difficult). Thats what makes the wartrike super good to throw cloud of smoke on, because he will just give everyone -1 to hit without you having to worry about whether the unit getting that stratagem dies or not, because he wont.


Since the new rules odds are we are going to run several buggies in each unit, so i fail to see how you can completely obscurre 3 buggies as their footprint is huge. Sure you could make a GW style map to play on with massive terrain pieces, but not everyone has that. And those pieces might not be in the middle of the map where you would get the most of throwing cloud of smoke.

The wartrike at least, doesnt need to be obscurred for the most part because of Look out sir. And if he ever needed to be obscurred, hes a lot easier to hide behind obscurring terrain than 3 scrapjets or squigbuggies.


If you play against 2-3 plagueburst crawlers or a bunch of meta styled tyranid armies with 12+ hive guards, it doesnt matter if you have 2 or 3 scrapjets behind obscurred terrain. They will still be hit.

The wartrike will not.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2021/12/02 12:11:51


Hope, is the first step on the road to disappointment.

- About Dawn of War 3 
   
Made in gt
Regular Dakkanaut




Mark Perry made the very good point on art of war that 2x admech planes can fly over and bomb the trike because it's a vehicle and quiet possible kill it T1, removing your speed waagh ability if he is your warlord. Warbiker can't be killed that way.

Question for people. If an evil sunz warboss on warbike with "redder armour" (so fights list aura) performs "deploy teleport homers" action (I know it's not optimal although he could be protected by look out sir) I know the rules say the aura is turned off. Is that aura turned off until the end of my turn or does it remain off until the action is completed at the start of my next command phase. i.e. if my actioning Warboss is charged in my opponents turn will they have to fight last?
   
Made in dk
Longtime Dakkanaut




Danmark

CaptainO wrote:
Mark Perry made the very good point on art of war that 2x admech planes can fly over and bomb the trike because it's a vehicle and quiet possible kill it T1, removing your speed waagh ability if he is your warlord. Warbiker can't be killed that way.

Question for people. If an evil sunz warboss on warbike with "redder armour" (so fights list aura) performs "deploy teleport homers" action (I know it's not optimal although he could be protected by look out sir) I know the rules say the aura is turned off. Is that aura turned off until the end of my turn or does it remain off until the action is completed at the start of my next command phase. i.e. if my actioning Warboss is charged in my opponents turn will they have to fight last?


If you know your opponent can throw 2 bomb planes over him and kill him, literally nothing stops you from putting cloud of smoke on another unit.

Hope, is the first step on the road to disappointment.

- About Dawn of War 3 
   
Made in cz
Bonkers Buggy Driver with Rockets





Prague

Beardedragon wrote:
[
If you know your opponent can throw 2 bomb planes over him and kill him, literally nothing stops you from putting cloud of smoke on another unit.

The point is not the cloud of smoke. The point is that you can lost your ability to do speedwaagh with the trike.


11000p and one Ad Mech T-shirt 
   
Made in dk
Longtime Dakkanaut




Danmark

 Tomsug wrote:
Beardedragon wrote:
[
If you know your opponent can throw 2 bomb planes over him and kill him, literally nothing stops you from putting cloud of smoke on another unit.

The point is not the cloud of smoke. The point is that you can lost your ability to do speedwaagh with the trike.



oh right. But how often are your Look out sir protected character destroyed turn one? extremely rarely.

Hope, is the first step on the road to disappointment.

- About Dawn of War 3 
   
Made in cz
Bonkers Buggy Driver with Rockets





Prague

CaptainO wrote:
Mark Perry made the very good point on art of war that 2x admech planes can fly over and bomb the trike because it's a vehicle and quiet possible kill it T1, removing your speed waagh ability if he is your warlord. Warbiker can't be killed that way.

Question for people. If an evil sunz warboss on warbike with "redder armour" (so fights list aura) performs "deploy teleport homers" action (I know it's not optimal although he could be protected by look out sir) I know the rules say the aura is turned off. Is that aura turned off until the end of my turn or does it remain off until the action is completed at the start of my next command phase. i.e. if my actioning Warboss is charged in my opponents turn will they have to fight last?


Until you do the action, the auras are switched off. So in case dth until your next command phase.

However, that is not the problem with the Redder paint. This ability is not marked as an Aura, so it is not an Aura, so it works.

Padampadamdum… This “marked as aura” is really crazy.

11000p and one Ad Mech T-shirt 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Ya aura are marked as auras..
The last time we had this issue was the ork codex Painboy Dok tools… and we argued that it’s not an aura and then it Was faq to be marked an aura..


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Beardedragon wrote:
 Blackie wrote:
Beardedragon wrote:
 Tomsug wrote:
I don ´ t know why to pop up the Cloud of smoke on wartrike. Now we have the squigbuggies in unit of 3. Such unit with -1 to hit is not so much possible to blast of the board and the area covered by smoke of 3 squigbuggies is huge.

If opponent can blast your squigbuggies with -1 to hit and KFF of the board, you did already something very much wrong imho.


Depending on the map your squig buggies might not be in the center of your map behind obscurring. Your warlord, the wartrike has an easier time finding the perfect spot to give everyone -1 to hit.


Cloud of Smoke can be triggered on a regular vehicle though, not necessarily on a character unless I missed some FAQ. Just put a buggy or a kopta in the perfect spot and give the bubble to all the other vehicles around it. There's no need to have the wartrike.


i understand that. But you can destroy said vehicles, you CANT destroy the wartrike because he has look out sir (well technically you can but its super difficult). Thats what makes the wartrike super good to throw cloud of smoke on, because he will just give everyone -1 to hit without you having to worry about whether the unit getting that stratagem dies or not, because he wont.


Since the new rules odds are we are going to run several buggies in each unit, so i fail to see how you can completely obscurre 3 buggies as their footprint is huge. Sure you could make a GW style map to play on with massive terrain pieces, but not everyone has that. And those pieces might not be in the middle of the map where you would get the most of throwing cloud of smoke.

The wartrike at least, doesnt need to be obscurred for the most part because of Look out sir. And if he ever needed to be obscurred, hes a lot easier to hide behind obscurring terrain than 3 scrapjets or squigbuggies.


If you play against 2-3 plagueburst crawlers or a bunch of meta styled tyranid armies with 12+ hive guards, it doesnt matter if you have 2 or 3 scrapjets behind obscurred terrain. They will still be hit.

The wartrike will not.

There is a point for wartrike when you want a slightly more durable speedboss however I don’t think the speedboss is anymore durable then 3x scrapjets/squigbuggies. And if someone is able to blow through 27 4+/5++ ramshackle -1 to hit wounds in a single shooting phase they likely won’t have much if any shooting left to matter.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/02 17:36:39


 
   
Made in de
Ork Admiral Kroozin Da Kosmos on Da Hulk






gungo wrote:
Ya aura are marked as auras..
The last time we had this issue was the ork codex Painboy Dok tools… and we argued that it’s not an aura and then it Was faq to be marked an aura..


Which just means that they had to change the rules in order to make it an aura, because otherwise it wouldn't have been one.

Earth is not flat
Vaccines work
We've been to the moon
Climate change is real
Chemtrails aren't a thing
Evolution is a fact
Orks are not a melee army
Stand up for science!
 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Jidmah wrote:
gungo wrote:
Ya aura are marked as auras..
The last time we had this issue was the ork codex Painboy Dok tools… and we argued that it’s not an aura and then it Was faq to be marked an aura..


Which just means that they had to change the rules in order to make it an aura, because otherwise it wouldn't have been one.

Exactly
Just saying deploying teleport homers doesn’t turn off abilities not labeled auras like rezzmekka redder paint.
   
Made in de
Ork Admiral Kroozin Da Kosmos on Da Hulk






Agree.

Earth is not flat
Vaccines work
We've been to the moon
Climate change is real
Chemtrails aren't a thing
Evolution is a fact
Orks are not a melee army
Stand up for science!
 
   
Made in de
Ork Admiral Kroozin Da Kosmos on Da Hulk






The poll is over, these are the results:

https://imgur.com/a/QKvJFxj
If you can't read the numbers, open the image in a new tab.

In general, nothing too surprising here, congratulations to the two ladz actually being able to play crusade as their primary game mode.

In detail:
1) Yep, all of us have too many orks
2) Interestingly enough, most people started playing in times where orks were working best.
3) Most of us play fairly regularly with an even spread between people playing roughly weekly and those playing almost daily.
4) It's fair to assume that almost everyone is playing games with primary/secondary setup, though more people use the BRB matched play than expected.
In general these four question were just a mixture of figuring out what kind of players we have here and as a safety guard against non-ork players polluting the poll results.

HQs: Mega-Armor is all the rage these days and most new characters are unloved. Both SAG and KFF have fallen out of favor and beastboss on squigosaur is the best HQ right now. The only real surprise is how low Makari is rated despite him showing up regularly in tournament lists.
Troops/Trukk: Trukk boyz are hot, gretchin are not. Interesting is that people value the more expensive beast snaggas higher than regular boyz.
Elites: Kommadoz are the obvious king here, MANz and burnas follow behind. Nobz and tank bustas are still surprisingly well received, everything else is bad.
Fast attack. Everything is good, except nob warbikers, feth them. Grot tanks also aren't received well either, I wonder what your experience with them was?
Heavy support: No surprises here either. Kill rig, kannon wagon and mek guns are the big guns of choice and everyone has a soft spot for stompy walkers and wagons. Especially lootas and flash gits seem to have gotten the short end of the stikk.
LoW: We have kill tanks and stuff that looks cool, but doesn't do anything. No one likes what GW has done with the nauts.
Planes: Planes are good.
Fortifications: While people are willing to give the tellyporting bossbunka a chance, the workshop was merely buffs from "helps the opponent" to "doesn't help me".
Clans: Almost all clans but bad moons and snakebites are good, with evil suns lagging a bit behind.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/03 14:37:37


Earth is not flat
Vaccines work
We've been to the moon
Climate change is real
Chemtrails aren't a thing
Evolution is a fact
Orks are not a melee army
Stand up for science!
 
   
Made in nl
Been Around the Block




How do you compute your standard deviation?
   
Made in de
Ork Admiral Kroozin Da Kosmos on Da Hulk






It's not specifically documented by the tool I used to make the poll, but it should be sqrt((Sum(value - mean)²/number of values).

Essentially, the higher the standard deviation, the more we agree on something.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/03 15:46:03


Earth is not flat
Vaccines work
We've been to the moon
Climate change is real
Chemtrails aren't a thing
Evolution is a fact
Orks are not a melee army
Stand up for science!
 
   
Made in us
Big Mek in Kustom Dragster with Soopa-Gun





Nebraska, USA

But...but ... i love my badmoonz!

in all fairness i tend to purposely play the 2nd or 3rd best tactics anyway because people in my area are simply not wired right to play against hyper competitive lists. Amount of people in my area complaining about my warbiker squad is amusing since theyre technically not that great, just nowhere near bad.
(Marine player deploys his gravis armor right up front....only a squad of 5 generics as a screen....no duh they get T1 charged lol)

My issue with Grot Tanks is they priced them wrong. Their base cost isnt the issue, its that theyre adding 10pts now for swapping that bigshoota instead of 5pts in the past. They got more expensive when not running bigshootas, and bigshootas didnt get buffed in a way that matters.
Also, lost of Grot Mobz sucks. Thats what i was doing with them, a full squad of Grot Mobz Grot Tanks with KMB's was disturbingly effective heh...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/03 16:02:30


An ork with an idea tends to end with a bang.

14000pts Big 'n Bad Orkz
6000pts Admech/Knights
7500pts Necron Goldboys 
   
Made in us
Stabbin' Skarboy





Old grot mobs with dakka was like a 75% chance to hit if I’m remembering correct. My grot mobs arti list just nuked my local meta for a while lol.

"Us Blood Axes hav lernt' a lot from da humies. How best ta kill 'em, fer example."
— Korporal Snagbrat of the Dreadblade Kommandos 
   
Made in dk
Longtime Dakkanaut




Danmark

thats odd i would have assumed more people used snakebites because of their buffs for squig units as a small patrol.

Hope, is the first step on the road to disappointment.

- About Dawn of War 3 
   
Made in us
Big Mek in Kustom Dragster with Soopa-Gun





Nebraska, USA

The buff to squig units is actually pretty minor. It ONLY affects Squig units (boss and squigboyz/nobz since killrig is not a squig), so literally unless you are using an Outrider detachment to only have those units in there theres units that get half a kulture.
And the S7 Transork is gak. It almost never matters.

I believe the math came out that Goff was roughly the same as Snakebites offensively for squig units anyway.

Its one thing to offer an extra bonus for a certain unit type, its another to strip a rule from a unit that isnt that type. Non-squig snakebites get jack squat, because the S7 Transork rule is nigh useless.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/03 16:40:58


An ork with an idea tends to end with a bang.

14000pts Big 'n Bad Orkz
6000pts Admech/Knights
7500pts Necron Goldboys 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K Tactics
Go to: