Switch Theme:

[Adeptus Titanicus] Report on your AT Projects!  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




Nottingham, UK

Starting to play with the GrimDark Terrain walls kits for my use. Slow going in getting enough prints together for what I have planned...



Not sure whether to base this sort of set up for scatter on a mousepad mat (5mm MDF base is what I normally use) or make terrain tiles.

Terrain tiles look loads better but cause storage headaches and need more maintenance as the sand/glue always gets chipped off the corners... Hmmm... choices.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/03/29 09:34:18


 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





 UnstableDominus wrote:


Legio Atarus is coming along! I'm almost done with a Dominus Battleline Maniple.


Beautifully painted.

Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

 
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut





Ottawa Ontario Canada

winterdyne wrote:
Starting to play with the GrimDark Terrain walls kits for my use. Slow going in getting enough prints together for what I have planned...



Not sure whether to base this sort of set up for scatter on a mousepad mat (5mm MDF base is what I normally use) or make terrain tiles.

Terrain tiles look loads better but cause storage headaches and need more maintenance as the sand/glue always gets chipped off the corners... Hmmm... choices.



I find it's better to keep it loose on the mat instead of basing it. The primary reason is you can make things destructible.

Obviously that's a lot of parts, I guess glue everything but wall section so you can remove them as needed.

Do you play 30k? It'd be a lot cooler if you did.  
   
Made in fi
Longtime Dakkanaut






Setup time would be the biggest factor for some, I find. Do you enjoy fiddling with the table during play and aren't bothered by an extra hour or two? Go loose. Do you want it to just snap together with mild positional variations? Put it on tiles.

Now me, I love me some loose detail everywhere. If only the house was big enough for a dedicated game room with a stable table

#ConvertEverything blog with loyalist Death Guard in true and Epic scales. Also Titans and killer robots! C&C welcome https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/717557.page 
   
Made in us
Terminator with Assault Cannon




San Jose, CA

Can't you just put holes in the stl to accept magnets? Would solve problems while giving you that "installed" look & some resistance to knocking apart.

I hope when I get my printer I have half as much fun as y'all. Terrain is my jam and 3d printing is the toast!
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







Trivial to put in magnet holes, but then you probably have to resupport everything.

Has anyone tried printing the chunkier parts (walls) in FDM?

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut





Ottawa Ontario Canada

I'd like to see some wrecked portions so you can have section be destructible a bit like medieval total war's walls during a siege.

Do you play 30k? It'd be a lot cooler if you did.  
   
Made in us
Terminator with Assault Cannon




San Jose, CA

Yeah destructible is badass.

   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Bits and bobs, painting and going over the rules.

Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

 
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut





Ottawa Ontario Canada

So got some work in progress stuff, finally making good progress on the lucious pattern reaver. Still ways to go, gonna add some decals towards the end. Not quite sure what I'm doin with the marines on its base yet.


Spoiler:


Also almost done my arachnus spiders. Tried some new stuff out on this one, basically that cool new necron paint, made it like some industrial ooze coming out of the pipes. Also added a little car and oil drum for scale. Still gotta clean it up a bit and do some more basing stuff.


Spoiler:


This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/05 03:51:20


Do you play 30k? It'd be a lot cooler if you did.  
   
Made in fr
Been Around the Block





A bit late for the weekly progress, sorry about that!

I finally finished assembling/magnetizing all my basic Questoris Knights:


Here is the shelf this week (I had to remove the train to fit all Knights):


I also took advantage of the beautiful weather and spent a couple Leadbelcher sprays to prime most of the Knights.
Now onto the Styrix and Magaeara Questoris, last straight road for assembly unless of course GW decides to release something this week (oh, wait)!
   
Made in fr
Been Around the Block





Time for the weekly progress report!
This week is important to me, because I finished assembling all of my Knights with the Magaera/Styrix Questoris variants:


This means all my chassis for Knights and Titans are done (at least until I receive the 2 Warmasters I just pre-ordered)

After this, I started cleaning things up and finished the Warlord weapons:


Here is the shelf:


Now onto the Reaver weaponry (10 sprues left + a couple of FW Carapace weapons), and the Warhounds Claws.
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut





Ottawa Ontario Canada

Battle bling order came in, really stoked to get nameplates on all my titans. Also really stoked with the new warlord head and giant flail/mace arm. They also tossed a few extra goodies in, got a free reaver melta cannon, some pillars and a cool banner. Stoked to use the banner on my warmaster.


Spoiler:


This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/04/20 02:13:22


Do you play 30k? It'd be a lot cooler if you did.  
   
Made in fr
Been Around the Block





That arm looks really good!
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps





Warwickscire

Nice weapon throughback. Mix between the Chaos Energy Whip and the Wrecker.

Here's a Warhound I've had done for a while:



One thing I'm going to do is repaint the plasma coils back to some sort of pinkish copper. Gone off the bright colour

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2021/04/13 09:58:09


 
   
Made in fr
Been Around the Block





Very nice color on the carapace! Did you use any varnish to get this finish?
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps





Warwickscire

CorwinB wrote:
Very nice color on the carapace! Did you use any varnish to get this finish?


Thanks. It has been burnished with some oil paints but then a spray of GW's rattlecan varnish to protect it. Gives a nice sheen

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/13 14:56:26


 
   
Made in au
Osprey Reader




Everyone in this thread is and also

Quick question: Does GW have the Warbringer Nemesis command terminal as a downloadable PDF somewhere? I can only find the 2019 file with the three basic Titans plus the Questoris and Cerastus.

I know there's one in the box, but I had a mad thought about a proxy/converted model for the Warbringer (something something Necron Doomstalker something something Martian tripod...) and would need to get a terminal from elsewhere.
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut





Ottawa Ontario Canada

Zenithfleet wrote:
Everyone in this thread is and also

Quick question: Does GW have the Warbringer Nemesis command terminal as a downloadable PDF somewhere? I can only find the 2019 file with the three basic Titans plus the Questoris and Cerastus.

I know there's one in the box, but I had a mad thought about a proxy/converted model for the Warbringer (something something Necron Doomstalker something something Martian tripod...) and would need to get a terminal from elsewhere.


There's a card one in the box of 5 now, other than that maybe scan the one from the box?



@ zed I love that scheme, excited to see the whole battlegroup.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/14 21:38:38


Do you play 30k? It'd be a lot cooler if you did.  
   
Made in au
Osprey Reader




 Crablezworth wrote:
Zenithfleet wrote:
Everyone in this thread is and also

Quick question: Does GW have the Warbringer Nemesis command terminal as a downloadable PDF somewhere? I can only find the 2019 file with the three basic Titans plus the Questoris and Cerastus.

I know there's one in the box, but I had a mad thought about a proxy/converted model for the Warbringer (something something Necron Doomstalker something something Martian tripod...) and would need to get a terminal from elsewhere.


There's a card one in the box of 5 now, other than that maybe scan the one from the box?


Thanks for the tip about there being one in the 5-pack now. I'll have to think of a way to do the weapon cards too...

Angel on shoulder: No Zen, you should spend your limited cash on something sensible, like a box of Civitas buildings. You don't even have any of those yet.

Devil on shoulder: Don't listen to that guy! Spend your limited cash on some crazy conversion you'll never get around to using in a game!

Me: Um... shouldn't one of you be telling me to spend my limited cash on something other than plasticrack?

*angel and devil exchange blank looks*
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut





Ottawa Ontario Canada

Get the civitas terrain, you'll use it in most games

(and get some grimdark resin to kitbash with it)

Spoiler:

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/04/15 04:48:29


Do you play 30k? It'd be a lot cooler if you did.  
   
Made in au
Osprey Reader




 Crablezworth wrote:
Get the civitas terrain, you'll use it in most games


I use bigger MDF buildings for Titanicus, from an Aussie site called BPLaser.

The GW Civitas ones don't look like they give enough height to block LOS without buying heaps. Reckon they'd work better for Epic. Same with the Spires and industrial GW kits (which I do have).

I mainly want the Civitas kit for panel detailing bits rather than freestanding buildings. Which is unfortunately not as compelling to my hobby urge as a ridiculous Martian tripod conversion.

 Crablezworth wrote:
(and get some grimdark resin to kitbash with it)

Spoiler:


The Grimdark stuff looks great, but I'm not a fan of resin unless there's no other choice. *straps onion on belt*

Love what you've done with your terrain setup though!
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut





Ottawa Ontario Canada

Zenithfleet wrote:


The Grimdark stuff looks great, but I'm not a fan of resin unless there's no other choice. *straps onion on belt*

Love what you've done with your terrain setup though!


It requires a skilled hand at printing for sure for all of it to fit nicely together







Lazy forger added some more stuff the ole shanty line, just got it primed. I wanna try and make a sign for one of the buildings that says "erotic cakes". Very fallout/mad max vibes. A lot of the smaller stuff is great for basing.


Spoiler:

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2021/04/15 18:05:10


Do you play 30k? It'd be a lot cooler if you did.  
   
Made in nl
Did Fulgrim Just Behead Ferrus?





The Netherlands

@Zenithfleet: just get the plastic Troublemaker Games terrain kits through Vanguard Miniatures: link!

Check this out to see what you can do with them. And you can always combine the ruins with the plastic GW kits.

Bits Blitz Designs - 3D printing a dark futuristic universe 
   
Made in au
Osprey Reader




 Crablezworth wrote:


Lazy forger added some more stuff the ole shanty line, just got it primed. I wanna try and make a sign for one of the buildings that says "erotic cakes". Very fallout/mad max vibes. A lot of the smaller stuff is great for basing.

Spoiler:


Hmm, my Epic Orks would love that shanty town...

Don't forget the Nuka-Cola sign!

Reminds me of that old optional rule in Epic 40K where an angry farmer would take potshots at your troops if you moved them too close to the homestead. Although that would be a little trickier to make believable in AT. "Get off my land, yer gargantuan mechaniculated varmint!"

 Malika2 wrote:
@Zenithfleet: just get the plastic Troublemaker Games terrain kits through Vanguard Miniatures: link!

Check this out to see what you can do with them. And you can always combine the ruins with the plastic GW kits.


Thanks Malika. Haven't looked at the Troublemaker range in a while--seems to have expanded quite a bit. Very impressive setup Cain's got going! (Edited 'cos at first I thought it was your thread.)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/17 07:05:08


 
   
Made in fr
Been Around the Block





Big milestone this week!
Finished all my extra Reaver and Warhound weapons (14 resin Ursus Claws/Shock Lances to magnetize ).


Which means until the Warmaster lands, I'm done with assembling Titanicus stuff!



I'll probably take a break of a couple weeks from AT in order to assemble and paint Cursed City.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/17 10:28:33


 
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







Those are perfectly sane pictures

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in ca
Phanobi






Canada,Prince Edward Island

 Malika2 wrote:
@Zenithfleet: just get the plastic Troublemaker Games terrain kits through Vanguard Miniatures: link!

Check this out to see what you can do with them. And you can always combine the ruins with the plastic GW kits.


Yeah those plastic kits are awesome! They are going to make up the bulk of my terrain when I finally have the space to break them all out of storage. I particularly recommend the ruined city set, it lets you get a huge amount of board covereage and also works really well as bits to decorate a base with.

   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut





Ottawa Ontario Canada

He's a big one, some wip shots of the warmaster battle titan. Interesting fact, it has a second option for the shoulder turrets, you can do mortars instead of AA guns.


Spoiler:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/20 02:05:19


Do you play 30k? It'd be a lot cooler if you did.  
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut





Ottawa Ontario Canada

More progress on the warmaster battle titan, just gotta do the top and the arms. Haven't decided on the top turrets yet, might do a mix of both kinds. Added a bunch of vanguard miniatures dudes on the base and the armpit castles. Also put the knee lascannons on the armpit castles cuz it looks cool.


Spoiler:









This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2021/04/20 02:07:28


Do you play 30k? It'd be a lot cooler if you did.  
   
 
Forum Index » Games Workshop Board Games & Specialist Games
Go to: