Switch Theme:

Keepr of Secrets new model  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in ro
Regular Dakkanaut



Romania

Here is a link http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/kosecrets3.htm

My question is: "can you use this Keepr of secrets in warhammer 40k? or just in Fantasy.I've seen that she has a square base

Is it allowed to ply with it in tournaments with the rule :" GW miniatures only!".
If it is forgeworld it is a GW miniature right? but can it be used in Warhammer 40k?

If yes..then switch the old keep of secrets with this new one!!!

BRINGG BACK THE SQUATS!!!! WARHAMMER 40K - SPACE DWARFSSS 
   
Made in us
Unrelenting Rubric Terminator of Tzeentch





Akron, Ohio

You can use the square base, it is (one of) the base(s) that the model came with. There is no rule in 40k that minis have to be on square bases.

I don't really know much about Forgeworld, so I don't know if you could use them in a GW only tourny.

DR:90S+G++MB+I+Pw40k07++D++A++/eWD-R+++T(Ot)DM+
 
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka






Arlington, Texas

Tournament guidelines will tell you if you can use Forgeworld, but 99% of the time it's fine.

Worship me. 
   
Made in us
Furious Raptor






Earth

1. just put it on a cd, thats what my friend did...
2. forgeworld is a seperate company apart of gamesworkshop, but gamesworkshop supports it 100% so every model is legal and can be used.
=D

1500 vs 1500 -40k
2500 vs 2500 -fantasy

 
   
Made in ro
Regular Dakkanaut



Romania

Uok I understand..It can be use BUt can it be used in Warhammer 40k? because in fantasy there are square bases..but in 40k thre are round

BRINGG BACK THE SQUATS!!!! WARHAMMER 40K - SPACE DWARFSSS 
   
Made in us
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot





Los Angeles, CA, USA

You can certainly use the model as a normal Keeper of Secrets. If you want to use the Forgeworld RULES you might want to check with your opponent first.

Me? I'd play against you!
   
Made in us
5th God of Chaos! (Yea'rly!)




The Great State of Texas

LordBoJangles wrote:1. just put it on a cd, thats what my friend did...
2. forgeworld is a seperate company apart of gamesworkshop, but gamesworkshop supports it 100% so every model is legal and can be used.
=D


Actually its a subsidiary OF Games Workshop.

-"Wait a minute.....who is that Frazz is talking to in the gallery? Hmmm something is going on here.....Oh.... it seems there is some dispute over video taping of some sort......Frazz is really upset now..........wait a minute......whats he go there.......is it? Can it be?....Frazz has just unleashed his hidden weiner dog from his mini bag, while quoting shakespeares "Let slip the dogs the war!!" GG
-"Don't mind Frazzled. He's just Dakka's crazy old dude locked in the attic. He's harmless. Mostly."
-TBone the Magnificent 1999-2014, Long Live the King!
 
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut





Aberystwyth, Wales, UK

The model is just a higher quality KoS and its not particularly new but is still produced by a GW owned company so its all good tourny wise
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






Burtucky, Michigan

Totally agreed on that one.

usa_supersonic- as stated before, there is no rule against using a square base. But if it becomes a problem, buy a round base, or use a cd
   
Made in gb
Trigger-Happy Baal Predator Pilot





A slum in scotland... the only shinty with a computer!

if they moan about you not using a gw base(if there feeling realy grumpy you may have this problem) use a blast marker, the bigger one would probubly work bettter, but they are more expencive than a cd... infact stick with the cd...

==warning==
This message has not been spellchecked!
Enjoy decyphering it, it was my pleasure to make it.

If all 'llse failz 'uze a bigga CHOPPA!!
i play: / / too now

cant think of anything intellective, so my quote quotas blank. 
   
Made in au
Angry Chaos Agitator




Somewhere on Terra

RustyKnight wrote:You can use the square base, it is (one of) the base(s) that the model came with. There is no rule in 40k that minis have to be on square bases.

I don't really know much about Forgeworld, so I don't know if you could use them in a GW only tourny.



Right, you could also buy a 60mm base...btw that model loos AWESOME...allthough pretty emo!



...nothing else matters...


 
   
Made in us
Unrelenting Rubric Terminator of Tzeentch





Akron, Ohio

the_emperors_renegade wrote:
RustyKnight wrote:You can use the square base, it is (one of) the base(s) that the model came with. There is no rule in 40k that minis have to be on square bases.

I don't really know much about Forgeworld, so I don't know if you could use them in a GW only tourny.



Right, you could also buy a 60mm base...btw that model loos AWESOME...allthough pretty emo!
BUT THAT'S NOT THE BASE IT CAME WITH!!1!...1

DR:90S+G++MB+I+Pw40k07++D++A++/eWD-R+++T(Ot)DM+
 
   
Made in us
Stalwart Veteran Guard Sergeant




Ryza

Why is it called the keeper of secrets, thats a very tzenky name. A more slaneshi name would be pleasure peep or such.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4qdgno-huo the perfect song for Dark Eldar

Four scholars at Oxford were making their way down the street, and happened to see a group of ladies of the evening. “What’s this?” said the first. “A jam of tarts?” “Nay,” said the second, “an essay of Trollope’s.” “Rather, a flourish of strumpets,” advanced the third. “No, gentlemen,” concluded the last. “Here we have an anthology of pros.” 
   
Made in au
Angry Chaos Agitator




Somewhere on Terra

RustyKnight wrote:
the_emperors_renegade wrote:
RustyKnight wrote:You can use the square base, it is (one of) the base(s) that the model came with. There is no rule in 40k that minis have to be on square bases.

I don't really know much about Forgeworld, so I don't know if you could use them in a GW only tourny.



Right, you could also buy a 60mm base...btw that model loos AWESOME...allthough pretty emo!
BUT THAT'S NOT THE BASE IT CAME WITH!!1!...1


What?Of course not just go and buy a 60mm base for $5..




...nothing else matters...


 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






SoCal, USA!

Put the square base on a CD...


   
Made in us
Sure Space Wolves Land Raider Pilot





san antonio,Texas

I like the forgeworld keeper of secrets better than that other crappy one. I just can't STAND the head on that model....

13th company 2900 points nature at it's best
Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.
 
   
Made in ro
Regular Dakkanaut



Romania

Uok but if it come swith a square base shouldn't it be on a square one?The boxes for Fantasy and 40k come with both square and round bases

the model lokkkkkkkkkks great

BRINGG BACK THE SQUATS!!!! WARHAMMER 40K - SPACE DWARFSSS 
   
Made in us
Using Inks and Washes






ugh on some of the painting.

2014 will be the year of zero GW purchases. Kneadite instead of GS, no paints or models. 2014 will be the year I finally make the move to military models and away from miniature games. 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: