Switch Theme:

Best Primaris Intercessor weapons?  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
The Last Chancer Who Survived





Norristown, PA

How about Aggressors? Assuming the boltstorm gauntless will be better? I just ordered a pack of them and the chaplain, may as well finish the collection.

i screwed up my redemptor dread, I glued the legs to the hips kinda wrong and didn't realize, now it looks like he's looking up at the sky and he's stuck like that forever. I gave him the 2 gatling guns and stormbolters.

   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





Agressors are.. situational. ideally you want to park them at close range and hose the enemy but no one is stupid eneugh to let you do that. Raven Guard I think can infiltrate em and have a bit better luck with them, but other then that. If you can afford the points though they might not be a bad unit. partiuclarly to park in a spot you know your enemy is going to have to move to.

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in fi
Chaplain with Hate to Spare






 Necros wrote:
How about Aggressors? Assuming the boltstorm gauntless will be better? I just ordered a pack of them and the chaplain, may as well finish the collection.

Yep, always boltstorm. That's another case of Primaris false options.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane. 
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





it's a pity you can't use a flamer in close combat like a pistol.. that'd make flamer agressors a pretty nutso melee option.

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




BrianDavion wrote:
it's a pity you can't use a flamer in close combat like a pistol.. that'd make flamer agressors a pretty nutso melee option.


That's more or less exactly what came to my mind when I wondered what a Primaris Melee option would probably look like, plus or minus the Inceptor jump packs.
   
Made in us
Steadfast Ultramarine Sergeant





 Necros wrote:
So I just picked up the new Apocalypse marine set to bulk up my Primaris army.. just wondering what’s the best way to equip my Intercessors? Haven’t really played any games yet, so not sure what to do. I have 30 of em to build

Bolt Rifle, Auto Bolt Rifle, Stalker Bolt Rifle? Should I do 10 of each? Worth adding in the Aux grenade launchers?

In games is it better to keep em in units of 10, or are smaller units of 5 better?

I also have all of the models from the starter set, plus a primaris librarian and apothecary, so I think this oughta give me a good sized army now once I get it all built


The Regular Bolt Rifle and the Stalker Bolt Rifle are roughly equivalent with situational advantages sliding one way or the other. The Auto Bolt Rifle is junk only out performing the regular bolt rifle when you moved, and the target is >15.0" and < 24.0" away.

(Assuming 40K not Apoc rules) The Stalker Bolt Rifle vs MEQ will SLIGHTLY out damage the regular Bolt Rifle. As the target model save gets worse, the formula swings to the Plain Jane Bolt Rifle.

10 Stalkers - 2.2445 wounds per turn after 3+ -2 saves.

10 Plain Jane's rapid Firing 2.211

I'm planning on running both Stalkers and Plain Janes - The Stalkers will go on the backfield objective campers. The Plain Jane's will go on the movers/invaders when I'm running them instead of/in addition to infiltrators.

My WHFB armies were Bretonians and Tomb Kings. 
   
Made in gb
Towering Hierophant Bio-Titan





Breton wrote:
 Necros wrote:
So I just picked up the new Apocalypse marine set to bulk up my Primaris army.. just wondering what’s the best way to equip my Intercessors? Haven’t really played any games yet, so not sure what to do. I have 30 of em to build

Bolt Rifle, Auto Bolt Rifle, Stalker Bolt Rifle? Should I do 10 of each? Worth adding in the Aux grenade launchers?

In games is it better to keep em in units of 10, or are smaller units of 5 better?

I also have all of the models from the starter set, plus a primaris librarian and apothecary, so I think this oughta give me a good sized army now once I get it all built


The Regular Bolt Rifle and the Stalker Bolt Rifle are roughly equivalent with situational advantages sliding one way or the other. The Auto Bolt Rifle is junk only out performing the regular bolt rifle when you moved, and the target is >15.0" and < 24.0" away.

(Assuming 40K not Apoc rules) The Stalker Bolt Rifle vs MEQ will SLIGHTLY out damage the regular Bolt Rifle. As the target model save gets worse, the formula swings to the Plain Jane Bolt Rifle.

10 Stalkers - 2.2445 wounds per turn after 3+ -2 saves.

10 Plain Jane's rapid Firing 2.211

I'm planning on running both Stalkers and Plain Janes - The Stalkers will go on the backfield objective campers. The Plain Jane's will go on the movers/invaders when I'm running them instead of/in addition to infiltrators.


How did you get that number for Rapid Fire? I get 3.33 wounds, significantly outperforming Stalkers.

That's 20 shots, 2/3 to hit 1/2 to wound and 1/2 to save.
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





Maybe he forgot the bolter disipline rule allows you to double tap with boltrifles outside 15 inches range so long as your not moving?

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in gb
Towering Hierophant Bio-Titan





BrianDavion wrote:
Maybe he forgot the bolter disipline rule allows you to double tap with boltrifles outside 15 inches range so long as your not moving?


Or possibly that they have AP

For Stalkers I get 2.22 which is even lower actually.

10 shots, hitting 2/3, wounding 1/2 and 1/3 saving.

Against a Marine statline the Rapid Fire do 50% more damage. Stalkers are only ever better if you're using that 6" extra range.

If both units move they do the same damage between 15 and 30" though.

Overall there really isn't a viable niche for Stalkers, they're really bad.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2019/07/12 10:35:38


 
   
Made in us
Steadfast Ultramarine Sergeant





 Stux wrote:
Breton wrote:
 Necros wrote:
So I just picked up the new Apocalypse marine set to bulk up my Primaris army.. just wondering what’s the best way to equip my Intercessors? Haven’t really played any games yet, so not sure what to do. I have 30 of em to build

Bolt Rifle, Auto Bolt Rifle, Stalker Bolt Rifle? Should I do 10 of each? Worth adding in the Aux grenade launchers?

In games is it better to keep em in units of 10, or are smaller units of 5 better?

I also have all of the models from the starter set, plus a primaris librarian and apothecary, so I think this oughta give me a good sized army now once I get it all built


The Regular Bolt Rifle and the Stalker Bolt Rifle are roughly equivalent with situational advantages sliding one way or the other. The Auto Bolt Rifle is junk only out performing the regular bolt rifle when you moved, and the target is >15.0" and < 24.0" away.

(Assuming 40K not Apoc rules) The Stalker Bolt Rifle vs MEQ will SLIGHTLY out damage the regular Bolt Rifle. As the target model save gets worse, the formula swings to the Plain Jane Bolt Rifle.

10 Stalkers - 2.2445 wounds per turn after 3+ -2 saves.

10 Plain Jane's rapid Firing 2.211

I'm planning on running both Stalkers and Plain Janes - The Stalkers will go on the backfield objective campers. The Plain Jane's will go on the movers/invaders when I'm running them instead of/in addition to infiltrators.


How did you get that number for Rapid Fire? I get 3.33 wounds, significantly outperforming Stalkers.

That's 20 shots, 2/3 to hit 1/2 to wound and 1/2 to save.


I had 2/3 save - I didn't realize the Plain Jane's had a -1. I thought they were a 0 - I probably confused it with the Infiltrator's

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/07/12 11:23:45


My WHFB armies were Bretonians and Tomb Kings. 
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





yeah bolt rifles have a -1 to AP. IMHO between that and some other things it's some evidance that Primaris marines are (in universe speaking here) designed to fight and kill chaos marines.

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in us
Steadfast Ultramarine Sergeant





I'm not sure they're designed to kill Chaos Space Marines specifically, and I hope they aren't. They could just as easily be anti-Tau because of the longer range. I also hope the Chaos focus is more short term than needing a dedicated anti CSM unit.

My WHFB armies were Bretonians and Tomb Kings. 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: