Switch Theme:

Psychic Awakening, I think I called it.  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Water-Caste Negotiator




United States

 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
Morgasm the Powerfull wrote:
I do hope that Tau get something cool like a Kroot psyker who summons some big ghost animals to wreck face, and not just big robot.

Though it'll probably be a big robot.


A big mech suit might not be that bad. It could be piloted by a Nicassar.


GIVE ME MY PSYCHIC SPACE BEARS
   
Made in us
Beautiful and Deadly Keeper of Secrets





 Grimskul wrote:
 Ghaz wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
 fraser1191 wrote:
You now what if done well... well feth the guys that don't have powers.

Blades of Khorne have arguably the most brutal "Endless Spells", and they're summoned by a Priest rather than cast by a Wizard.

I think we'll see other armies be fine.

Yep. Necrons could have updated 'Powers of the C'tan' for example.


Necrons could also have tech based models like a mobile gloom prism/pylon, alongside said C'tan powers.

I guess Tau would be based around new anti-psyker drones or certain drone airstrikes via markerlights?

Dark Eldar would be based on Haemonculus based weaponry, I could see a physical version of the casket of flensing, or an upsized version of it.

Not sure I like the way this is going, but I feel the rules will be hit or miss like with the terrain stuff they've released so far.
I'd love to see the Crypteks get their old abilities back as somewhat powers.
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

Morgasm the Powerfull wrote:
I do hope that Tau get something cool like a Kroot psyker who summons some big ghost animals to wreck face, and not just big robot.

Though it'll probably be a big robot.

Nah. You'd more likely get some of the stuff mentioned in the lore but never shown. Things like nanobot swarms that repair Crisis Suits, those Command Drones that only Shadowsun currently has, Stealth Drones that can cloak portions of your army.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 AlmightyWalrus wrote:
As long as they don't make all the Marine stuff psychic. I play Black Templars and World Eaters, so yeah...

As mentioned, Khorne has some of the most powerful 'Remains in Play' style stuff right now in AoS with their Judgements.

That said, I wouldn't be too bothered--some of the factions that can't just outright Dispel Endless Spells have traits/perks that let them either mitigate the damage or they have characters that 'count as' Wizards that would let them destroy them. Also, you not having a Wizard wouldn't mean you could not affect the item if they go to the system in AoS--players move them and you can move the enemy's potentially.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/08/04 12:38:25


 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Ultramarine Terminator with Assault Cannon






So, since my earlier post has been removed, (fair enough, as it was minimal) I'll post again with:

I am unenthusiastic about this news. I'd prefer spells not to become more central/recieve more emphasis in 40K. Caveat being that I'll wait to see how they actally manifest.

But on the whole, I'm wary.

And They Shall Not Fit Through Doors!!!

Tyranid Army Progress -- With Classic Warriors!:
https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/743240.page#9671598 
   
Made in gb
Painting Within the Lines




Sheep Loveland

I wonder if this does turn out to be "modelled Psychic powers" would the marine power fury of the ancients be a small squad of ghostly marines in Mk2-5 armour on a big base running about shooting, fighting etc.?

To me, that sounds pretty cool.

Custodes 1,900pts 100% painted
Minatours 2,500pts 30% painted 
   
Made in us
Tough Tyrant Guard





 Dr. Mills wrote:
I wonder if this does turn out to be "modelled Psychic powers" would the marine power fury of the ancients be a small squad of ghostly marines in Mk2-5 armour on a big base running about shooting, fighting etc.?

To me, that sounds pretty cool.


It all depends on how they implement it. I'd personally love a 'physical\ manifestation of a skittering horde of tyranids scratching at the minds of psykers, dealing mental damage and making it harder for them to cast/dispel.

PourSpelur wrote:
It's fully within the rules for me to look up your Facebook page, find out your dear Mother Gladys is single, take her on a lovely date, and tell you all the details of our hot, sweaty, animal sex during your psychic phase.
I mean, fifty bucks is on the line.
There's no rule that says I can't.
Hive Fleet Hercual - 6760pts
Hazaak Dynasty - 3400 pts
Seraphon - 4600pts
 
   
Made in ie
Missionary On A Mission





I wonder if this is going to be about the T'au birthing the chaos god of communism that they've hinted at.

   
Made in us
Awesome Autarch






Tau could get a hyper-tech version, a bunch of holograms, void shields, etc. Stuff like that could have some similar rules, abilities just to fit in.

 
   
Made in gb
Dark Angels Librarian with Book of Secrets





Cardiff

OP was hardly the only one to ‘call this’. Lots of us have speculated that Endless Spells would manifest in 40K somehow. This seems to be that coming true, for sure.

 Stormonu wrote:
For me, the joy is in putting some good-looking models on the board and playing out a fantasy battle - not arguing over the poorly-made rules of some 3rd party who neither has any power over my play nor will be visiting me (and my opponent) to ensure we are "playing by the rules"
 
   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

 Elbows wrote:
Tau could get a hyper-tech version, a bunch of holograms, void shields, etc. Stuff like that could have some similar rules, abilities just to fit in.


Don't Etherials already manifest "abilities" in game? The high tech stuff would be cooler but they go with more of that.

Looking forward to the Sisters of Battle manifesting their Faith

.....and how Sisters of Silence and other blanks interact with this - I don't recall anyhting like them in AOS?

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in ie
Missionary On A Mission





 JohnnyHell wrote:
OP was hardly the only one to ‘call this’. Lots of us have speculated that Endless Spells would manifest in 40K somehow. This seems to be that coming true, for sure.


GW IS adorably predictable in using 40k's fantasy mirror as a test-bed for 40k changes.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/08/04 21:30:09


   
Made in us
Ultramarine Land Raider Pilot on Cruise Control






 Sim-Life wrote:
 JohnnyHell wrote:
OP was hardly the only one to ‘call this’. Lots of us have speculated that Endless Spells would manifest in 40K somehow. This seems to be that coming true, for sure.


GW IS adorably predictable in using 40k's fantasy mirror as a test-bed for 40k changes.


They're test beds for each other.

AoS didn't have command points originally, but now it does after 40k 8th is released
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

 Carnikang wrote:
 Dr. Mills wrote:
I wonder if this does turn out to be "modelled Psychic powers" would the marine power fury of the ancients be a small squad of ghostly marines in Mk2-5 armour on a big base running about shooting, fighting etc.?

To me, that sounds pretty cool.


It all depends on how they implement it. I'd personally love a 'physical\ manifestation of a skittering horde of tyranids scratching at the minds of psykers, dealing mental damage and making it harder for them to cast/dispel.

I'd expect that Tyranids will get Familiars ala GSC(they're supposed to be a "manifestation" of some kind) and 'Hive Nodes' or something like that.
   
Made in us
Tough Tyrant Guard





 Kanluwen wrote:
 Carnikang wrote:
 Dr. Mills wrote:
I wonder if this does turn out to be "modelled Psychic powers" would the marine power fury of the ancients be a small squad of ghostly marines in Mk2-5 armour on a big base running about shooting, fighting etc.?

To me, that sounds pretty cool.


It all depends on how they implement it. I'd personally love a 'physical\ manifestation of a skittering horde of tyranids scratching at the minds of psykers, dealing mental damage and making it harder for them to cast/dispel.

I'd expect that Tyranids will get Familiars ala GSC(they're supposed to be a "manifestation" of some kind) and 'Hive Nodes' or something like that.


I could see that, but it'd also be nice to see manifestations of the Shadow in the Warp. As of right now, it doesn't affect the game a whole lot, while in the Lore its a huge advantage the Tyranids have.

PourSpelur wrote:
It's fully within the rules for me to look up your Facebook page, find out your dear Mother Gladys is single, take her on a lovely date, and tell you all the details of our hot, sweaty, animal sex during your psychic phase.
I mean, fifty bucks is on the line.
There's no rule that says I can't.
Hive Fleet Hercual - 6760pts
Hazaak Dynasty - 3400 pts
Seraphon - 4600pts
 
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

I mean, the Aethersea is a huge deal for Idoneth but they won't ever represent it in the manner that it really is described.

I think SiTW is one of those things that will really only 'work' if you tweak scenarios for it.
   
Made in us
Tough Tyrant Guard





 Kanluwen wrote:
I mean, the Aethersea is a huge deal for Idoneth but they won't ever represent it in the manner that it really is described.

I think SiTW is one of those things that will really only 'work' if you tweak scenarios for it.


Thats perfectly fair, though it'll always be something that could be looked at. As it stands though, I'm not eager to know more.

PourSpelur wrote:
It's fully within the rules for me to look up your Facebook page, find out your dear Mother Gladys is single, take her on a lovely date, and tell you all the details of our hot, sweaty, animal sex during your psychic phase.
I mean, fifty bucks is on the line.
There's no rule that says I can't.
Hive Fleet Hercual - 6760pts
Hazaak Dynasty - 3400 pts
Seraphon - 4600pts
 
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

 Carnikang wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
I mean, the Aethersea is a huge deal for Idoneth but they won't ever represent it in the manner that it really is described.

I think SiTW is one of those things that will really only 'work' if you tweak scenarios for it.


Thats perfectly fair, though it'll always be something that could be looked at. As it stands though, I'm not eager to know more.

Speaking strictly for myself, I just think that limiting SiTW into one 'base' effectively? it diminishes the sheer terror that it should be bringing.
One of the things I miss most from the old, old books was the special scenario/mission in there. It feels perfect for something like that...although this discussion has made me think about how to tweak the previous iteration of how Canticles of the Omnissiah(three tiered, based upon number of units on the field) to make a scalable effect. More Nids, more Shade!


Back on topic: There's a lot of room for some interesting prospects on this.
   
Made in us
Mekboy Hammerin' Somethin'




Cary, NC

 Elbows wrote:
Tau could get a hyper-tech version, a bunch of holograms, void shields, etc. Stuff like that could have some similar rules, abilities just to fit in.


They could. Especially if they do it in the translucent plastic like parts of their defense line.

The other option that would be cool for Tau is if they roll out a psychic race (either established or new) in the Tau alliance, which could let them do new models as well as psychic effects. I'm hoping for that, just because it might mean the 'Awakening' isn't just 40K Endless Spells. I'd love to get a plastic Ork Weirdboy with Possessed Snotling, or, dare I dream, Ol' Zogwort and some squigs.

 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut






In a Trayzn pokeball

Please for the love of god can endless spells stay in Aos. I am not buying models for my damn psychic powers. Next we'll have the fething terrain pieces that cost 40 quid a pop and are an auto include for every army. Anything to gouge us further.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/08/05 10:40:17


 JohnHwangDD wrote:
The hobby is actually hating GW.
 iGuy91 wrote:
You love the T-Rex. Its both a hero and a Villain in the first two movies. It is the "king" of dinosaurs. Its the best. You love your T-rex.
Then comes along the frakking Spinosaurus who kills the T-rex, and the movie says "LOVE THIS NOW! HE IS BETTER" But...in your heart, you love the T-rex, who shouldn't have lost to no stupid Spinosaurus. So you hate the movie. And refuse to love the Spinosaurus because it is a hamfisted attempt at taking what you loved, making it TREX +++ and trying to sell you it.
 Elbows wrote:
You know what's better than a psychic phase? A psychic phase which asks customers to buy more miniatures...
the_scotsman wrote:
Dae think the company behind such names as deathwatch death guard deathskullz death marks death korps deathleaper death jester might be bad at naming?
 
   
Made in gb
Huge Hierodule





 CREEEEEEEEED wrote:
Please for the love of god can endless spells stay in Aos. I am not buying models for my damn psychic powers. Next we'll have the fething terrain pieces that cost 40 quid a pop and are an auto include for every army. Anything to gouge us further.


So long as there's a trade off with points like in Sigmar it really shouldn't be a problem. It should be a valid choice to not use them, but they'd be there for people who like it.

I'm kind of neutral on them personally, but think it's very likely they will be added to 40k in some form.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/08/05 10:55:39


 
   
Made in it
Longtime Dakkanaut




I don't like them in AoS and would like them even less in 40K.
   
Made in fr
Trazyn's Museum Curator





on the forum. Obviously

 CREEEEEEEEED wrote:
Please for the love of god can endless spells stay in Aos. I am not buying models for my damn psychic powers. Next we'll have the fething terrain pieces that cost 40 quid a pop and are an auto include for every army. Anything to gouge us further.


Make your own. Buying terrain and tokens is bs, especially when in the past GW would encourage you to just make them.

So, if this event is about psykers awakening en masse and every faction gets something, does that mean Pariahs are going to return? Because that would be fething awesome.
I want my next-generation nightmare makers back.

What I have
~4100
~1660
: LM

Westwood lives in death!
Peace through power!

A longbeard when it comes to Necrons and WHFB. Grumble Grumble

 
   
Made in us
Steadfast Grey Hunter




Somerdale, NJ, USA

Could this possibly point to GK Primaris Marines?

"The only problem with your genepool is that there wasn't a lifeguard on duty to prevent you from swimming."

"You either die a Morty, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Rick."

- 8k /// - 5k /// - 3k /// - 4k /// - 6k /// - 2k (take out the actual Genestealers, only 1.1k) 
   
Made in au
Been Around the Block




Do you reckon the symbol is the astra telepathica symbol, or an Eldar symbol?






This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/08/05 13:25:57


 
   
Made in us
Horrific Hive Tyrant




Tampa, FL

Honestly, if these are 40k endless spells I'll be disappointed. Endless Spells are IMHO a terrible idea in Sigmar.

- Wayne
Formerly WayneTheGame 
   
Made in us
Awesome Autarch






Then you better prepare to be disappointed...

You know what's better than a psychic phase? A psychic phase which asks customers to buy more miniatures...

 
   
Made in us
Focused Fire Warrior




Sacratomato

In AOS there are Factions that don't have spells at all much like Tau, so I wouldn't count it automatic that the 40k Factions will all have them.

70% of all statistics are made up on the spot by 64% of the people that produce false statistics 54% of the time that they produce them. 
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





 Da-Rock wrote:
In AOS there are Factions that don't have spells at all much like Tau, so I wouldn't count it automatic that the 40k Factions will all have them.


From the article

All we’ll say for now is that this is a new, galaxy-spanning event that’s going to have a significant impact on every Warhammer 40,000 faction

[im]https://imgur.com/kEUzFF0.png[im]

http://insighthammer.com/ 
   
Made in gb
Screaming Shining Spear






 Elbows wrote:
Then you better prepare to be disappointed...

You know what's better than a psychic phase? A psychic phase which asks customers to buy more miniatures...


Someone give this man (or woman) a free sandwich and a beer!!

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/772746.page#10378083 - My progress/failblog painting blog thingy

AngryAngel80 wrote:
I don't know, when I see awesome rules, I'm like " Baby, your rules looking so fine. Maybe I gotta add you to my first strike battalion eh ? "
 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





 Daedalus81 wrote:
 Da-Rock wrote:
In AOS there are Factions that don't have spells at all much like Tau, so I wouldn't count it automatic that the 40k Factions will all have them.


From the article

All we’ll say for now is that this is a new, galaxy-spanning event that’s going to have a significant impact on every Warhammer 40,000 faction


To be fair, getting killed by something you've no access to yourself could have significant impact on your faction.

Take a look at what I've been painting and modelling: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/725222.page 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: