Switch Theme:

Your favorite Forge World model ?  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in fr
Secret Inquisitorial Eldar Xenexecutor





France

Oh yeah I almost forgot Chaos dwarf were a thing. Such a wasted potential, the ones they released were so cool

   
Made in us
The Last Chancer Who Survived




On moon miranda.

Death Korps Grenadiers (obvs) and Quartermaster are my favorite infantry models, but there's so many to choose from. The Aquilon terminators with firepikes are gorgeous as well.

I picked up an Eldar Vampire Hunter (realllllly old kit) after drooling over one for years back in 5E, but despite being able to quasi-assemble it, there's no good way to actually mount it on a stand, the parts are so big and heavy that they really put a lot of stress on each other and sag quite a bit, and the parts have such huge gaps that I've never wanted to invest the time to actually complete it out with greenstuff. It looks cool, but it's an awful piece that I've been super disappointed with. The Scorpion is another story altogether, that's a fantastic kit that I adore.

Big fan of the Macharius line as well though I don't own any (and they've never had rules that were even casually playable), and the Chaos legion-specific dreads are so cool I own six. A kit I've always wanted to pick up just for its own sake is the Mechanicum Vorax robots.

IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT.

Heavy Gear Painting Log, Northern Guard, Southern Republican Army, and Terrain
The correct pronunciation is Imperial Guard and Stormtroopers, "Astra Militarum" and "Tempestus Scions" are something you'll find at Hogwarts.  
   
Made in cn
Wing Commander





Dallas, TX

My favorites are Tau line, Some IG vehicles, and sevatar; before blaming the kits or FW: you should up your modeling skills, like doing long pins and use epoxy glues.
   
Made in us
Tough Tyrant Guard






I absolutely adore my Dimachaeron. It remains one of my best pieces as far as painting is concerned and the way its sickle claws and tail line up remind me of a scorpion (my Hive Fleet is Scorpius, so it is appropriate). I wish its rules were a bit better than they are in 8th (miss the old Spinemaw ability, flavorful and fun), but it still makes for an excellent display piece.

Spoiler:








This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/09/08 23:51:33


 
   
Made in us
Mekboy Hammerin' Somethin'




Cary, NC

Another vote for the Gargantuan Squiggoth. As much as I like the Battlefortress for the modularity, I love that goofy looking git.

 
   
Made in gb
Screaming Shining Spear






Man that's a tough call. FW does some gorgeous miniatures.
It would have to be Carmine Dragon for moi.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Carmine-Dragon

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/772746.page#10378083 - My progress/failblog painting blog thingy

AngryAngel80 wrote:
I don't know, when I see awesome rules, I'm like " Baby, your rules looking so fine. Maybe I gotta add you to my first strike battalion eh ? "
 
   
Made in gb
Lethal Lhamean




Birmingham

 slave.entity wrote:
Hellebore wrote:
I really like the eldar aesthetic they created for superheavies.

The scorpion, Cobra and vampire just look awesome. sleek and fast.

I love the look of the eldar titans as well, but there's something about those knife-blades with guns that I just love.

Too bad eldar FW sucks in the rules department.


Amazing too since the FW eldar vehicles are all like decades old.

Also the scorpion superheavy tank is legit good. I've been running mine a lot lately and it's an absolute beast. It completely stomps knights, leviathan dreads, disco lords, orion dropships, castellans, whatever you want, you name it, it will murder it in one shot. Flat 6 damage on 6s is... well its insane LOL. Especially when you shoot 4D6 guided shots on a doomed target. Competitive eldar players have been sleeping on this unit IMHO. It won't win a major event but damn if it isn't a strong gatekeeper in a meta so infested with knights and armor.


Probably because with Doom and an Autarch (why are you waseting Guide on a BS2+ unit?) you still only do an average of 15-18 wounds per turn, with Jinx you generally will kill a Knight but thats now 900+pts worth of models used to bring down 400ish.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
The Tantalus is my favourite, gorgeos model, but I love the look of pretty much all of the 30K Mechanicum range as well.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/09/09 00:40:45


 
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




Love my fellblade. Easily the sexiest tank in the game. And pretty devastating to. Sucks that they jacked the points cost to the moon just to sell more plastic knights. And my double chainclaw night lords contemptor. The best legion specific dread. And of course Sevatar as I'm sure all fellow sons of Curze will agree.
   
Made in us
The Last Chancer Who Survived




On moon miranda.

 Big Mac wrote:
My favorites are Tau line, Some IG vehicles, and sevatar; before blaming the kits or FW: you should up your modeling skills, like doing long pins and use epoxy glues.
To be fair, some of their models (usually the older kits) are legitimately poorly designed. The old Hydra kit for example literally didn't properly mate to the Chimera hull, you had to significantly cut up the Chimera's lower hull to make it fit, while the Vampire literally has no method or allowance for any way to actually mount it for play or display (you'd think they'd have put a hole in the bottom for a mount like they do on flyers now with the cruciform spire, or an allowance for some sort of landing gear, but nope).

IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT.

Heavy Gear Painting Log, Northern Guard, Southern Republican Army, and Terrain
The correct pronunciation is Imperial Guard and Stormtroopers, "Astra Militarum" and "Tempestus Scions" are something you'll find at Hogwarts.  
   
Made in cn
Wing Commander





Dallas, TX

 Vaktathi wrote:
 Big Mac wrote:
My favorites are Tau line, Some IG vehicles, and sevatar; before blaming the kits or FW: you should up your modeling skills, like doing long pins and use epoxy glues.
To be fair, some of their models (usually the older kits) are legitimately poorly designed. The old Hydra kit for example literally didn't properly mate to the Chimera hull, you had to significantly cut up the Chimera's lower hull to make it fit, while the Vampire literally has no method or allowance for any way to actually mount it for play or display (you'd think they'd have put a hole in the bottom for a mount like they do on flyers now with the cruciform spire, or an allowance for some sort of landing gear, but nope).


I know what you mean, I have the thunderbolt, Tau barracuda, few other old imperial flyers that are without a hole to mount and display; as modelers you have to think alternative and look at alternatives, I happen to find dragonforge dot com and they have solved my flyer problems; as for the hydra-chimera problem: you probably have to use a sheet of plasticard and replace the area, with green stuff it’ll look hash patched.
   
Made in us
Ship's Officer





LA

The chaos dwarf range is great, I also like the tau barracuda (the old one IMO looks slightly better than the redesign). When it comes to forge world I generally like the flyers the most.

 
   
Made in us
Douglas Bader






Favorite two in my collection:







But really, the entire DKoK line.

There is no such thing as a hobby without politics. "Leave politics at the door" is itself a political statement, an endorsement of the status quo and an attempt to silence dissenting voices. 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran






 Imateria wrote:
 slave.entity wrote:
Hellebore wrote:
I really like the eldar aesthetic they created for superheavies.

The scorpion, Cobra and vampire just look awesome. sleek and fast.

I love the look of the eldar titans as well, but there's something about those knife-blades with guns that I just love.

Too bad eldar FW sucks in the rules department.


Amazing too since the FW eldar vehicles are all like decades old.

Also the scorpion superheavy tank is legit good. I've been running mine a lot lately and it's an absolute beast. It completely stomps knights, leviathan dreads, disco lords, orion dropships, castellans, whatever you want, you name it, it will murder it in one shot. Flat 6 damage on 6s is... well its insane LOL. Especially when you shoot 4D6 guided shots on a doomed target. Competitive eldar players have been sleeping on this unit IMHO. It won't win a major event but damn if it isn't a strong gatekeeper in a meta so infested with knights and armor.


why are you waseting Guide on a BS2+ unit?


Because it shoots at BS3 when you move and you must move at least 9" to get the 5++.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Peregrine wrote:
Favorite two in my collection:







But really, the entire DKoK line.


These are so damn good.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/09/09 05:11:01


   
Made in fi
Junior Officer with Laspistol







For me the #1 contender is always going to be the Malcador Defender. It captured the Fantasy WW1 style of the Imperial Guard so perfectly for me. I played with mine quite a lot using the 1st edition Apocalypse rules for 4th and 5th edition, and while it never did that much in game (it's really quite badly undergunned for a superheavy tank), it never got destroyed either.

"The place they go towards is a place even less imaginable to most of us than the city of happiness. I cannot describe it at all. It is possible it does not exist. But they seem to know where they are going, the ones who walk away from Omelas." 
   
Made in ch
Anointed Dark Priest of Chaos





vehicle wise i gotta agree, the malcador (all of them) have that specific something.

Flyerwise, not sure between Hellbalde /Talon vs thunderbolt.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page

A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.
_______________________________

Who would win:
10'000 + years of veterancy, or some raidy Boys?
(Not Online in regards to the new Red Corsair battalion CP boost.) 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





UK

Some of the Marine Dreads are superb and not too pricey either.




I stand between the darkness and the light. Between the candle and the star. 
   
Made in fr
Secret Inquisitorial Eldar Xenexecutor





France

 Peregrine wrote:
Favorite two in my collection:
Spoiler:







But really, the entire DKoK line.


That some gorgeous painting skills, sir. The Macharius Vanquisher tank is probably the best 40k tank, ever, for me. Period. It has something I can't describe.

   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




I don't think there are any GK FW models, as everything I have ever seen from FW marines has the part that GK can't take it, but there is one model I really like. It is a space marine model, of I think some sort of hero, he is in yellow armour, so either an imperial fist or a lamenter, he has a power fist and a stormshield. The model looks very nice to me.
   
Made in gb
Savage Khorne Berserker Biker




Southampton, UK

Papewaio wrote:
The Greater Brass Scorpion, hands down. None of this namby-pamby superheavies that look like Imperial ones for me.


The Scorpion is fantastic. Such prescence. I only have its baby brother, cobbled together from two Defilers. I keep saying 'one day'...

I also love the Blood Slaughterers, and the Decimator. They might be a more realistic goal.
   
Made in gb
Lethal Lhamean




Birmingham

 slave.entity wrote:
 Imateria wrote:
 slave.entity wrote:
Hellebore wrote:
I really like the eldar aesthetic they created for superheavies.

The scorpion, Cobra and vampire just look awesome. sleek and fast.

I love the look of the eldar titans as well, but there's something about those knife-blades with guns that I just love.

Too bad eldar FW sucks in the rules department.


Amazing too since the FW eldar vehicles are all like decades old.

Also the scorpion superheavy tank is legit good. I've been running mine a lot lately and it's an absolute beast. It completely stomps knights, leviathan dreads, disco lords, orion dropships, castellans, whatever you want, you name it, it will murder it in one shot. Flat 6 damage on 6s is... well its insane LOL. Especially when you shoot 4D6 guided shots on a doomed target. Competitive eldar players have been sleeping on this unit IMHO. It won't win a major event but damn if it isn't a strong gatekeeper in a meta so infested with knights and armor.


why are you waseting Guide on a BS2+ unit?


Because it shoots at BS3 when you move and you must move at least 9" to get the 5++.

Re-rolls happen before modifiers so you can't re-roll those 2's. Until you drop a bracket you can never re-roll more than just 1's, Guide does not help here.
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran






Ah bummer. You got me!

   
Made in ie
Regular Dakkanaut





I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the Vulture, yet. Unfussy design that screams 'gunship'.

As long as you can ignore where the big turbine sits.
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User





I really like the old style Thunderbolt. It's a little small, but still neat looking

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/09/09 16:56:00


 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut







It may be an old one, but the Land Speeder Tempest is up there.

2019 Plog - Dysartes Twitches - 2019 Output

My Twitch stream - going live at 7pm GMT Tuesday & Thursday, 12pm Sunday (work permitting).

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.
 
   
Made in us
Boom! Leman Russ Commander





The Macharius Vanquisher.

I don't have one though, it's never been good enough to warrant the money.

Guardsmen, hear me! Cadia may lie in ruin, but her proud people do not! For each brother and sister who gave their lives to Him as martyrs, we will reap a vengeance fiftyfold! Cadia may be no more, but will never be forgotten; our foes shall tremble in fear at the name, for their doom shall come from the barrels of Cadian guns, fired by Cadian hands! Forward, for vengeance and retribution, in His name and the names of our fallen comrades! 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Resolute Ultramarine Honor Guard






The first thing I thought of was the Sisters of Silence floating tank thing, the Acquisitor. Love it.

The Termite, and the Arvus are also up there, for me.

And They Shall Not Fit Through Doors!!!

Tyranid Army Progress -- With Classic Warriors!:
https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/743240.page#9671598 
   
Made in us
Charging Cold One Rider





Tau Manta Y'vahra Tiger Shark. Let's be honest ...I love the whole line. Yes even the super tuna

8000 Dark Angels (No primaris)
10000 Lizardmen (Fantasy I miss you)
3000 High Elves
1750 Kel'shan Ta'u
"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which." -Douglas Adams 
   
Made in cz
Regular Dakkanaut




The Legio Custodes Contemptor Galatus Dread....not that good on the tabletop, but a damn good model.

Other than that I always thought that the Tyranid Hierophant Biotitan is one of the most imposing models ever and not just becaus of its size.
   
Made in us
The Last Chancer Who Survived




On moon miranda.

 Inquisitor Lord Katherine wrote:
The Macharius Vanquisher.

I don't have one though, it's never been good enough to warrant the money.
FW, for whatever reason, really liked to go out of its way to ensure nothing that came out of the Siege of Vraks series was ever particularly functional or capable on the table.

IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT.

Heavy Gear Painting Log, Northern Guard, Southern Republican Army, and Terrain
The correct pronunciation is Imperial Guard and Stormtroopers, "Astra Militarum" and "Tempestus Scions" are something you'll find at Hogwarts.  
   
Made in cz
Aspirant Tech-Adept






Fortress world of Ostrakan

Macharius Vanquisher, hands down, the best of the best, followed by Avenger Strike Fighter and Calladius Grav Tank third.


Neutran Panzergrenadiers, Ostrakan Skitarii Legions, Order of the Silver Hand
My fan-lore: Europan Planetary federation. Hot topic: Help with Minotaurs chapter Killteam






 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: