Switch Theme:

Tau reveal incoming?  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Mutated Chosen Chaos Marine






 Carnikang wrote:
Well, here's hoping it's something interesting. It would be nice to see some reworked kroot, some plastic auxillaries, maybe even a new alien race added to the Empire. They've been going battlesuit heavy fir a while now.

Of course, that all depends on if this is PA or just a stand alone release. PA, it's probably one model and some rules.


Lol. No:

It will be Space Wolves Primaris Wolven Von Wolfenstein, Master of the Claw and Lord of the Wolftime.

Tau will get 6 gakky stratagems and a three page list of O'insert word here names you can randomly generate for the single commander you're allowed to bring in your army, because balancing rules is hard.
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

Space Wolves are "Saga of the Beast", not "The Greater Good".
   
Made in us
Mutated Chosen Chaos Marine






 Kanluwen wrote:
Space Wolves are "Saga of the Beast", not "The Greater Good".





   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

Jokes are meant to be funny, not spam.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/01/03 19:17:01


 
   
Made in us
Mutated Chosen Chaos Marine






 Kanluwen wrote:
Jokes are meant to be funny, not spam.


I tried.

Shadowsun looks Thicc. If they were to put out more models for Tau like that, and ease up on suits being so bad, I'd love to buy Tau again.
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

From B&C

   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

So they datamined the banners from the GW site, it seems.
   
Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter





ok the one on the side that's a but cut off is clearly a pentient engine. what's the one beside it that the CSMs are facing down? maybe a SOB Anchorite?


looking at the pic of shadowsun we can clearly see genestealers. greater good could be tau vs GSCs

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/01/03 19:29:33


Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in us
Slaanesh Veteran Marine with Tentacles




Australia

Not a Tau fan, but I do like the new model.

Sons of Horus 29th Company 
   
Made in us
Chaplain with Hate to Spare





Sioux Falls, SD

I could get on board with a Tau vs. Genestealer Cults book.

I don't like Shadowsun (I prefer Farsight for obvious reasons), but the new model looks good.

5250 pts
3850 pts
Deathwatch: 1500 pts
Imperial Knights: 375 pts
30K 2500 pts 
   
Made in gb
Lethal Lhamean




Birmingham

BrianDavion wrote:
ok the one on the side that's a but cut off is clearly a pentient engine. what's the one beside it that the CSMs are facing down? maybe a SOB Anchorite?


looking at the pic of shadowsun we can clearly see genestealers. greater good could be tau vs GSCs

The Mortifier I would assume, or whatever it's called, the alternate build from the same kit with exponentially better rules.

Tau vs GSC could be interesting. That looks like a Missilepod on top of her Fusion Blaster on the right arm, if so she could be getting a new datasheet.
   
Made in ca
Steadfast Ultramarine Sergeant






She's got more like supports like on those call of duty exo suits than 2 sets of arms
   
Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter





 Imateria wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
ok the one on the side that's a but cut off is clearly a pentient engine. what's the one beside it that the CSMs are facing down? maybe a SOB Anchorite?


looking at the pic of shadowsun we can clearly see genestealers. greater good could be tau vs GSCs

The Mortifier I would assume, or whatever it's called, the alternate build from the same kit with exponentially better rules.

Tau vs GSC could be interesting. That looks like a Missilepod on top of her Fusion Blaster on the right arm, if so she could be getting a new datasheet.



I don't think I've ever seen GW release a revamped character model without putting out a new datasheet even if it just tweeks their stat line

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in gb
Lethal Lhamean




Birmingham

BrianDavion wrote:
 Imateria wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
ok the one on the side that's a but cut off is clearly a pentient engine. what's the one beside it that the CSMs are facing down? maybe a SOB Anchorite?


looking at the pic of shadowsun we can clearly see genestealers. greater good could be tau vs GSCs

The Mortifier I would assume, or whatever it's called, the alternate build from the same kit with exponentially better rules.

Tau vs GSC could be interesting. That looks like a Missilepod on top of her Fusion Blaster on the right arm, if so she could be getting a new datasheet.



I don't think I've ever seen GW release a revamped character model without putting out a new datasheet even if it just tweeks their stat line


True, but she can't take missile pods at the moment so that would mean a notable change already.
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 Imateria wrote:

Tau vs GSC could be interesting. That looks like a Missilepod on top of her Fusion Blaster on the right arm, if so she could be getting a new datasheet.

Honestly? It looks like she's using slightly downsized Fusion Colliders instead of Fusion Blasters.

Which would explain the 'support' arms.
   
Made in ca
Hurr! Ogryn Bone 'Ead!




 Imateria wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
 Imateria wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
ok the one on the side that's a but cut off is clearly a pentient engine. what's the one beside it that the CSMs are facing down? maybe a SOB Anchorite?


looking at the pic of shadowsun we can clearly see genestealers. greater good could be tau vs GSCs

The Mortifier I would assume, or whatever it's called, the alternate build from the same kit with exponentially better rules.

Tau vs GSC could be interesting. That looks like a Missilepod on top of her Fusion Blaster on the right arm, if so she could be getting a new datasheet.



I don't think I've ever seen GW release a revamped character model without putting out a new datasheet even if it just tweeks their stat line


True, but she can't take missile pods at the moment so that would mean a notable change already.


That is not a missle pod

123ply: Dataslate- 4/4/3/3/1/3/1/8/6+
Autopistol, Steel Extendo, Puma Hoodie
USRs: "Preferred Enemy: Xenos"
"Hatred: Xenos"
"Racist and Proud of it" - Gains fleshbane, rending, rage, counter-attack, and X2 strength and toughness when locked in combat with units not in the "Imperium of Man" faction.

Collection:
AM/IG - 122nd Terrax Guard: 2094/3000pts
Skitarii/Cult Mech: 1380/2000pts
Khorne Daemonkin - Host of the Nervous Knife: 1701/2000pts
Orks - Rampage Axez: 1753/2000pts 
   
Made in us
Near Golden Daemon Caliber





Affton, MO. USA

What about the genestealers with armored pants above.

LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
Made in be
Been Around the Block





 Theophony wrote:
What about the genestealers with armored pants above.


I think that is how Genestealers have always looked. It is just their exoskeleton, I believe.
   
Made in us
Powerful Spawning Champion





 Theophony wrote:
What about the genestealers with armored pants above.


Chitin, with the really bright highlight they've been using on that color scheme since the first GSC release back in 7th.

PourSpelur wrote:
It's fully within the rules for me to look up your Facebook page, find out your dear Mother Gladys is single, take her on a lovely date, and tell you all the details of our hot, sweaty, animal sex during your psychic phase.
I mean, fifty bucks is on the line.
There's no rule that says I can't.
Hive Fleet Hercual - 6760pts
Hazaak Dynasty - 3400 pts
Seraphon - 4600pts
 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




..and between this and the stuff about the Silent king in the white dwarf, I am now vaguely excited.

interesting Shadowsun model, and it looks workable for me. i really wonder what the Tau PA book will bring us.

Army: none currently. 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 Theophony wrote:
What about the genestealers with armored pants above.

That's actually a really good catch! The Purestrain Genestealers were very well-received...maybe this is a kit for them?

The current kit has those 'kneeplates' as modeled directly onto the exoskeleton:
Spoiler:




The Shadowsun image has a notable protrusion that none of the current images I can find have:
Spoiler:

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2020/01/03 21:06:18


 
   
Made in ca
Missionary On A Mission






 fraser1191 wrote:
She's got more like supports like on those call of duty exo suits than 2 sets of arms


Given the Tau's design pedigree it may be an intentional reference to the landmates from Appleseed.

   
Made in us
Powerful Spawning Champion





 Kanluwen wrote:
 Theophony wrote:
What about the genestealers with armored pants above.

That's actually a really good catch! The Purestrain Genestealers were very well-received...maybe this is a kit for them?

The current kit has those 'kneeplates' as modeled directly onto the exoskeleton:
Spoiler:




The Shadowsun image has a notable protrusion that none of the current images I can find have:
Spoiler:


They're the same. I recognize it from painting genestealers. They all have the boney squarish plate on the knee, it's just poorly defined in the picture on the site. This one is edgehighlighted. On top of that, look under the back foot of the front stealer. Its on of the mini capillary towers that comes on their slotta for the 25mm bases. The claws and hands also match. They're just painted better in the GSC purestrain scheme from the codex.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/01/03 21:10:55


PourSpelur wrote:
It's fully within the rules for me to look up your Facebook page, find out your dear Mother Gladys is single, take her on a lovely date, and tell you all the details of our hot, sweaty, animal sex during your psychic phase.
I mean, fifty bucks is on the line.
There's no rule that says I can't.
Hive Fleet Hercual - 6760pts
Hazaak Dynasty - 3400 pts
Seraphon - 4600pts
 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

Look directly above the drone at the left leg of the Genestealer.

It's physically different, not just the paint job, causing that look.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/01/03 21:12:42


 
   
Made in fi
Courageous Space Marine Captain






 Captain Joystick wrote:
 fraser1191 wrote:
She's got more like supports like on those call of duty exo suits than 2 sets of arms

Given the Tau's design pedigree it may be an intentional reference to the landmates from Appleseed.

Or she's actually a secret genestealer! She's not fighting against them she's fighting alongside them! It all makes sense now!

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane. 
   
Made in ca
Missionary On A Mission






 Kanluwen wrote:
Look directly above the drone at the left leg of the Genestealer.

It's physically different, not just the paint job, causing that look.


It might just be the third genestealer from the front at an unusually tilted angle with a wierd highlight on the knee...

Not discounting it, it's just too hard to see.

   
Made in gb
Brainy Zoanthrope





London

 Kanluwen wrote:
Look directly above the drone at the left leg of the Genestealer.

It's physically different, not just the paint job, causing that look.


That's because they're the two genestealers from the Deathwatch Overkill boxset where the knee was slightly more pronounced, rather than the multipart kit.

No new models here.
   
Made in us
Storm Trooper with Maglight





 Kanluwen wrote:
Look directly above the drone at the left leg of the Genestealer.

It's physically different, not just the paint job, causing that look.

Those are the Deathwatch: Overkill versions I believe. They have much more rectangular knees.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3c/ce/45/3cce45e9f1ab7a4c3c20cfb52ad135ef.jpg
   
Made in fi
Courageous Space Marine Captain






 The Phazer wrote:

That's because they're the two genestealers from the Deathwatch Overkill boxset where the knee was slightly more pronounced, rather than the multipart kit.

And that was an updated design and one that is no longer available. It was really bizarre, they updated the genestealers, then discontinued the box the updated ones came in and just continued selling the old sculpts. Makes no sense at all. I wish they'd release Overkill-style stealers.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane. 
   
Made in us
Storm Trooper with Maglight





 Crimson wrote:
 The Phazer wrote:

That's because they're the two genestealers from the Deathwatch Overkill boxset where the knee was slightly more pronounced, rather than the multipart kit.

And that was an updated design and one that is no longer available. It was really bizarre, they updated the genestealers, then discontinued the box the updated ones came in and just continued selling the old sculpts. Makes no sense at all. I wish they'd release Overkill-style stealers.

Cults getting a start collecting box with the monopose contents of Overkill would be in line with Vanguard/Daemonkin start collectings. Might also explain why it's taken so long for Cults to get one despite their contents seemingly being listed in the codex.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: