Switch Theme:

Warhammer Day 2021!(OP updated with previews! Event finished!)  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





After the Crimson Court that Vampire lord looks pale in comparison.

Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

 
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







Brave move to be making new announcements when practically nothing from the last one is out yet and global shipping ain't gonna fix itself in the next 19 days.

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut






Heaven forbid GW miss an opportunity to release another Primaris Lieutenant.

We're going strong for thirty of them!
   
Made in tw
Longtime Dakkanaut





I just hope all the previews come on a single day- I'm not a fan of stringing these things out over 4 or 5 days for 2 or 3 kits at a time.

   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






 Overread wrote:
 Geifer wrote:
When I saw the models in the newsletter I knew of course both were new, but without that context the lieutenant could have fooled me.

The vampire lord lady on the other hand is gorgeous. I haven't blown my Warhammer+ voucher on anything yet. This is as good an opportunity as it gets.

 Overread wrote:
I might have to get that vampire!!


Stop being ridiculous and drop the "might" already.


Darn it allow me to live in my illusionary world where I don't yet own a vampire army. It's bad enough that I've picked up a few of the SoB exclusives


Funny you should mention that. I haven't had as much fun with GW models in years as I do with the new Sisters.

But maybe I should stop being so helpful now.

Carlovonsexron wrote:
I just hope all the previews come on a single day- I'm not a fan of stringing these things out over 4 or 5 days for 2 or 3 kits at a time.


The article quoted in the first post makes it sound like a single livestream on the actual day, so you're likely in luck. And the rest of us, too.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/11 16:57:17


Nehekhara lives! Sort of!
Why is the rum always gone? 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

SamusDrake wrote:
After the Crimson Court that Vampire lord looks pale in comparison.


Duh, of course, they're undead! They're not gonna have healthy, rosey cheeks.

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in us
Shas'ui with Bonding Knife






If there's any chance that the new HH box will see a release this year, they have to announce it on that stream.

Both limited minis are a pass from me thx
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

 tauist wrote:
If there's any chance that the new HH box will see a release this year, they have to announce it on that stream.

I mean, we know the box exists. We don't know when it was supposed to come out.
   
Made in us
Cold-Blooded Saurus Warrior




Xalapa, Veracruz

 Irbis wrote:

Vampire looks nice, but really calls for head swap. GW, why every vampire looks like diseased zombie? You forgot main and oldest AoS vampire faction is supposed to be full of beautiful women? What happened to these?


That would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy.

JWBS wrote:
Another short-arse Primaris. I hope they stop this nonsense soon.


They haven't stop for the last 10 years.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Carlovonsexron wrote:
I just hope all the previews come on a single day- I'm not a fan of stringing these things out over 4 or 5 days for 2 or 3 kits at a time.


They literally have to. Is a single day after all.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/11 17:26:09


 
   
Made in gb
Enginseer with a Wrench





Northumberland

Nobody really cares about yet another primaris lieutenant, but that vampire model?

Phwooooaaarkin hell, gonna have to pick that up.

One and a half feet in the hobby


My Adeptus Mechanicus Painting Log:
# The Explorator Fleet of Labrunnia IX #

 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





Glorious Nation of U.S.S.A!

 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
GW is realllly struggling to come up with any new poses for Primaris characters aren't they? Perhaps it's a sign there is already way too many.


I like the LT even if he is mostly a retread of that model. I never noticed that the aquilla came up on the gorget on those models. That's an interesting change.
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






 warboss wrote:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
GW is realllly struggling to come up with any new poses for Primaris characters aren't they? Perhaps it's a sign there is already way too many.


I like the LT even if he is mostly a retread of that model. I never noticed that the aquilla came up on the gorget on those models. That's an interesting change.


It's a feature GW introduced with the Marines in the Indomitus box.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of!
Why is the rum always gone? 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





Glorious Nation of U.S.S.A!

 Geifer wrote:
 warboss wrote:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
GW is realllly struggling to come up with any new poses for Primaris characters aren't they? Perhaps it's a sign there is already way too many.


I like the LT even if he is mostly a retread of that model. I never noticed that the aquilla came up on the gorget on those models. That's an interesting change.


It's a feature GW introduced with the Marines in the Indomitus box.


Cool. I haven't bought any primaris since before that came out and even then it was only the occasional single model off of ebay in bits.
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




Those are really underwhelming models for an event.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Just removed this post as I feel it might be too upsetting to another member.

I apologise in advance.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/10/11 20:25:40


Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

 
   
Made in eg
[MOD]
Keeper of the Adeptus Arbites Flame






Cairo, Egypt

 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
GW is realllly struggling to come up with any new poses for Primaris characters aren't they? Perhaps it's a sign there is already way too many.


That's hardly fair. I mean unlike the original, the new guy doesn't have a hat.
Spoiler:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/12 09:26:57


 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





Really like that vampire! Nice model.

I'm usual wildly optimistic with the preview.. hope for a tease of squats and maybe something for Nids [based on the rumour engine pics].
Probably something for chaos I'm guessing..
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





That’s a sexy vampire model.

I’ll take two!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/11 21:13:07


 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

On one hand having holster that might contain the crazy big guns Marines carry is a welcome touch of realism

on the other hand they don't half look stupid

 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




The marine is whatever, like 90% of marine releases it's technically correct and as inspired as tesco potatoes.

The vampire is intriguing, but I have no clue what's going on there. Armored hip armor and v-neck plate, but no leg armor, no armor on the abdomen and neck...I am not saying it's bad, I'm just confused as to what she's supposed to be. She's not sleek enough to be assasin-type, and not heavily armored enough to be a tank.
   
Made in au
Slaanesh Chosen Marine Riding a Fiend




Australia

Anything CSM would be great. Hoping our book is Q1 next year.

The Circle of Iniquity
The Fourth Seal
(HN) wrote:
It's an objectively mediocre book from the rule, lore, edition, content, hobby point of view.
 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

Clearly she was in the middle of changing out of her armour into an evening dress when someone burst into her room.

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

I saw him first.

This Lt is coming out because this guy is only available in this, and I guess they want that option available outside of a bit box. If only they'd do that with the Primaris Captain options...

The Vampire is interesting.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in gb
Mighty Gouge-Horn




Anor Londo

Really like the vampire! Not sure if I prefer the bald look, or if I will sculpt her a greenstuff wig.

As others have said, the lieutenant is a bit meh, if only due to the exact same pose as the Indomitus captain.
   
Made in us
Cold-Blooded Saurus Warrior




Xalapa, Veracruz

 lord_blackfang wrote:
Brave move to be making new announcements when practically nothing from the last one is out yet and global shipping ain't gonna fix itself in the next 19 days.


Tbf, they said that they will confirm the releases for 2022 too.

Cronch wrote:
The marine is whatever, like 90% of marine releases it's technically correct and as inspired as tesco potatoes.

The vampire is intriguing, but I have no clue what's going on there. Armored hip armor and v-neck plate, but no leg armor, no armor on the abdomen and neck...I am not saying it's bad, I'm just confused as to what she's supposed to be. She's not sleek enough to be assasin-type, and not heavily armored enough to be a tank.


That's a metal corset.

Vampire women are their own thing in Warhammer.
   
Made in au
Been Around the Block




Is it wrong of me to want that Vampire to use in Blood Bowl?

Very nice sculpt!
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Myrtle Creek, OR

Fingers crossed for a new edition of necromunda to tidy up the rules.
   
Made in us
Keeper of the Flame





Monticello, IN

 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
SamusDrake wrote:
After the Crimson Court that Vampire lord looks pale in comparison.


Duh, of course, they're undead! They're not gonna have healthy, rosey cheeks.


Exalted.

www.classichammer.com

For 4-6th WFB, 2-5th 40k, and similar timeframe gaming

Looking for dice from the new AOS boxed set and Dark Imperium on the cheap. Let me know if you can help.
 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
Its AoS, it doesn't have to make sense.
 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:

Duh, of course, they're undead! They're not gonna have healthy, rosey cheeks.

Being undead is one thing, looking like FEC is another. Neferata and her servants are supposed to both pass as normal humans, not corpses, and be the most numerous, yet they got a big fat zero models in whole of AoS. I wish they got some love after mountain of literally whos from CC.
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut






That's a metal corset.

Honestly, it's either bone tube-top/tank top with straps hidden under the metal frill collar or she snagged her skin on something and just kept going and now she's half-peeled there.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: