Switch Theme:

Space Marines - Upcoming Releases [News: FAQ August 10th]  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in es
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain




Vigo. Spain.

 MinscS2 wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Wow... the new tank is AUD$140. It's $30 more than a Land Raider and just shy of the cost of a frickin' Baneblade.

Can't see the mirrors with all this smoke in the air...


For swedes the Repulsor is 600 SEK (92 AUD$), a Land Raider is 540 SEK (83 AUD$), and a Baneblade is 1000 SEK (153 AUD$)

I love Australia and New Zealand, but from a hobby perspective, I'm glad I don't live there.

61€ is the Land Raider in europe, 65€ the repulsor, and 100€ the baneblade.
Isnt bad, I expected something like 85€ for the repulsor.

 Crimson Devil wrote:

Dakka does have White Knights and is also rather infamous for it's Black Knights. A new edition brings out the passionate and not all of them are good at expressing themselves in written form. There have been plenty of hysterical responses from both sides so far. So we descend into pointless bickering with neither side listening to each other. So posting here becomes more masturbation than conversation.

ERJAK wrote:
Forcing a 40k player to keep playing 7th is basically a hate crime.

 
   
Made in hk
Fresh-Faced New User




http://imgur.com/a/llYFG

Something new?
   
Made in es
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain




Vigo. Spain.

Nice Intercessors. A bit pricey but no Stormcast eternal release prices.

 Crimson Devil wrote:

Dakka does have White Knights and is also rather infamous for it's Black Knights. A new edition brings out the passionate and not all of them are good at expressing themselves in written form. There have been plenty of hysterical responses from both sides so far. So we descend into pointless bickering with neither side listening to each other. So posting here becomes more masturbation than conversation.

ERJAK wrote:
Forcing a 40k player to keep playing 7th is basically a hate crime.

 
   
Made in us
Stone Bonkers Fabricator General




We'll find out soon enough eh.

 His Master's Voice wrote:
 Yodhrin wrote:
a HUEG company like GW trying to gut one of the best parts of the hobby to spite a few guys flogging bitz on ebay and a couple of random 3rd party miniature makers who have literally tens of customers each is hideously, stupendously, monumentally petty.


So how about this for a reason. Having parity between rules and box content is good. People like that. They expect it, because the vast majority of businesses out there promote it. It's in GW's interest to have customers that don't return to the store asking why their box of Marines and their Marine dex are not matching properly.

I think that may be a more relevant motivation compared to fething over a random guy with a garage spin caster.


Sorry, that doesn't fly. GW is the shark in their pond, and they got that way while doing the opposite of what you suggest people like & expect, so at the very very least it can be demonstrably argued that the previous way didn't hurt their growth, and I'd go so far as to suggest it was one of the reasons why they succeeded in the first place given all the other businesses doing things the "expected" way haven't managed to come within a hundred miles of toppling GW even when GW themselves were at their lowest ebb.

And for God's sake, removing the option to have a combi weapon on your Marine model does nothing to discourage converting. Converting is about taking a stock model and making yours, making it look cool and different. People that care about converting will do it regardless of the amount of options available.


That's rubbish, and so obviously so that I can only believe you're being deliberately disingenuous. I've had entire armies begin with the idea for a single character conversion that depended on them having access to an unusual weapon or wargear option, and the internet is littered with examples of people using 40K's flexible unit rules to represent things other than the original intent and converting whole armies based on that. On top of that, loadout is an obvious and common way to "make a stock model yours", so by reducing those options - or in the case of new releases like Primaris just not providing any of note at all - you self-evidently reduce the opportunities for conversion.

You can reduce a rich and varied subset of the hobby to mere reposing and headswaps to try and bolster your theory if you like, but I'd hope that nobody with any sense will buy that line.

I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.





I'm surprised that the Intercessors and Hellblasters are 10 models each.
   
Made in es
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain




Vigo. Spain.

Those are not the best prices but much better than I expected. Seems that the only absurdly prices of the primaris are the HQ

 Crimson Devil wrote:

Dakka does have White Knights and is also rather infamous for it's Black Knights. A new edition brings out the passionate and not all of them are good at expressing themselves in written form. There have been plenty of hysterical responses from both sides so far. So we descend into pointless bickering with neither side listening to each other. So posting here becomes more masturbation than conversation.

ERJAK wrote:
Forcing a 40k player to keep playing 7th is basically a hate crime.

 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






I like the look of the underbarrel grenade launcher. What bits separate the stalker bolter from the cawl pattern one? I think the latter also occasionally comes with a scope in the starter set from various pics so I don't think that's it.

   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Have we gotten a clear look at the Repulsor's stat line? Is it Toughness 8 or 7?

Battlescribe Catalog Editor - Please report bugs here http://battlescribedata.appspot.com/#/repo/wh40k 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 warboss wrote:
I like the look of the underbarrel grenade launcher. What bits separate the stalker bolter from the cawl pattern one? I think the latter also occasionally comes with a scope in the starter set from various pics so I don't think that's it.

Mostly it's the magazine it seems.

The Stalker has a smaller, straight magazine(it's labeled #1 in the photo) while the Cawl Bolt Rifle has a larger sickle shaped magazine(labeled #3 in the photo).
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





I dont know reliable the info is, but here via War of Sigmar

Hello everyone !!

Image from the WD

(no idea of the source they are floating on FB will check later)

Intercessor : Pre order 5 released 12 : 45€ (for 10 marines) 3 types of bolt.
Hellblaster: Pre order 5 released 12 : 45€ (for 10 marines) 3 types of plasma.
(this two kit are loaded with option !! for real !)
inceptor : Pre order 12 released 19 40€ (5 models)
Grand master Voldus : Pre order 5 released 12, 25€

Chaos codex 168 pages : Pre order 5 released 12 : 32.50€
Grey knight 104 pages : Pre order 5 released 12 : 32.50€

/cheers.
bob.[spoiler]
   
Made in gb
Cultist of Nurgle with Open Sores




Could be seeing Codex DG before the end of aug :O

The rate of SM releases has been staggering, quite a nice amount relativity quickly.
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






 Kanluwen wrote:
 warboss wrote:
I like the look of the underbarrel grenade launcher. What bits separate the stalker bolter from the cawl pattern one? I think the latter also occasionally comes with a scope in the starter set from various pics so I don't think that's it.

Mostly it's the magazine it seems.

The Stalker has a smaller, straight magazine(it's labeled #1 in the photo) while the Cawl Bolt Rifle has a larger sickle shaped magazine(labeled #3 in the photo).


Thanks, I didn't see that. Looking at the pics again, I caught that the stalker straight magazine rifle scope is significantly larger than the Cawl pattern scope as well.

   
Made in us
Member of a Lodge? I Can't Say






£35 for an intecessor squad seems reasonable.

Costs less than a 10 man assault squad...

I swear I'm not a paid shill for Anvil Industry. I’d be willing if they wanted to pay me.

"That's Warhammer 40,000 where instead of using Victory Points to determine the victor you roll a D6 and compare receipts. Highest total receipts wins. I'm not sure what the D6 is for." - Abadabadoobaddon, on Reciepthammer 40k

"I cross the void beyond the mind,” - The Doctor

"It's better to just roll a D6 and discount anything I say on a 3+" - NivlacSupreme, on himself and his sanity. 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut






 Yodhrin wrote:
Sorry, that doesn't fly. GW is the shark in their pond, and they got that way while doing the opposite of what you suggest people like & expect (...)


GW competes in the broad entertainment business against a number of offerings that do not need multiple components to work (and are cheaper, and require less time, and don't carry the nerd stigma etc, etc). Having the components match (as in, the box matches the codex entry) is in their best interest.

 Yodhrin wrote:
That's rubbish, and so obviously so that I can only believe you're being deliberately disingenuous. (...)


Come on, you expect me to play into that kind of attitude?
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




 NivlacSupreme wrote:
£35 for an intecessor squad seems reasonable.

Costs less than a 10 man assault squad...


I doubt they use that much extra plastic over Tacs, and the general formula for an army is to price ten man boxes of troops and five man boxes of specialists roughly the same. It's a bit wonky when you factor in that GW always overcharge, but the basic -principle- is you buy more troops, less specialists, even less clampack characters so the -proportionate- pricing makes sense.

So this is kinda a repeat of when they charged specialist prices for basic Stormcast infantry then eventually were forced to rebox them as 10s with a light price bump.
   
Made in fi
Courageous Space Marine Captain






It is such a shame that the assault bolt rifle is such a gakky weapon (and exactly same as the bolt carbine) as it is the best looking out of the three variants. They should have given it something to make it better and differentiate it from the bolt carbine.

Also, I need to come up a way to make the stalker to look more distinct.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane. 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 Crimson wrote:
It is such a shame that the assault bolt rifle is such a gakky weapon (and exactly same as the bolt carbine) as it is the best looking out of the three variants. They should have given it something to make it better and differentiate it from the bolt carbine.

Also, I need to come up a way to make the stalker to look more distinct.

Cut the barrels off the Scout Sniper Rifles and attach them to the Stalker variants.

The Scout Sniper box has some loose Sniper Rifles that are perfect for this.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 NivlacSupreme wrote:
£35 for an intecessor squad seems reasonable.

Costs less than a 10 man assault squad...

10 man Assault Squad is 2 of the boxes with no savings...if they ever get reboxed, I'd expect them to go 10 man for cheaper.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/07/29 14:55:54


 
   
Made in us
Member of a Lodge? I Can't Say






changemod wrote:
 NivlacSupreme wrote:
£35 for an intecessor squad seems reasonable.

Costs less than a 10 man assault squad...


I doubt they use that much extra plastic over Tacs, and the general formula for an army is to price ten man boxes of troops and five man boxes of specialists roughly the same. It's a bit wonky when you factor in that GW always overcharge, but the basic -principle- is you buy more troops, less specialists, even less clampack characters so the -proportionate- pricing makes sense.

So this is kinda a repeat of when they charged specialist prices for basic Stormcast infantry then eventually were forced to rebox them as 10s with a light price bump.


Generally right but Hellblasters cost the same as Intercessors.

I swear I'm not a paid shill for Anvil Industry. I’d be willing if they wanted to pay me.

"That's Warhammer 40,000 where instead of using Victory Points to determine the victor you roll a D6 and compare receipts. Highest total receipts wins. I'm not sure what the D6 is for." - Abadabadoobaddon, on Reciepthammer 40k

"I cross the void beyond the mind,” - The Doctor

"It's better to just roll a D6 and discount anything I say on a 3+" - NivlacSupreme, on himself and his sanity. 
   
Made in si
Steady Stonecleaver







I have to say I'm not a fan of Intercessors and Hellblasters getting a bunch of minor variations of the same gun sculpt with significantly different rules.

Posters on ignore list: 33

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




 NivlacSupreme wrote:
changemod wrote:
 NivlacSupreme wrote:
£35 for an intecessor squad seems reasonable.

Costs less than a 10 man assault squad...


I doubt they use that much extra plastic over Tacs, and the general formula for an army is to price ten man boxes of troops and five man boxes of specialists roughly the same. It's a bit wonky when you factor in that GW always overcharge, but the basic -principle- is you buy more troops, less specialists, even less clampack characters so the -proportionate- pricing makes sense.

So this is kinda a repeat of when they charged specialist prices for basic Stormcast infantry then eventually were forced to rebox them as 10s with a light price bump.


Generally right but Hellblasters cost the same as Intercessors.


That was actually my point: if you compare to other marine pricing, Hellblasters are two specialist boxes with a bit of a discount for being in the same box.

Meanwhile, Intercessors are overpriced for their role within GW's general price bracketing, similar to how Liberators used to be overpriced for their role in the price bracketing.
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 lord_blackfang wrote:
I have to say I'm not a fan of Intercessors and Hellblasters getting a bunch of minor variations of the same gun sculpt with significantly different rules.

Hellblasters are basically the same gun just with a different classification.
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





Steelcity

 Kanluwen wrote:
 lord_blackfang wrote:
I have to say I'm not a fan of Intercessors and Hellblasters getting a bunch of minor variations of the same gun sculpt with significantly different rules.

Hellblasters are basically the same gun just with a different classification.


What? Each weapon has a different range, # of shots and strength value. That's like saying a Missile launcher and lascannon are the same weapon. I guess a Missile Launcher is just a "Light Lascannon"!

Keeper of the DomBox
Warhammer Armies - Click to see galleries of fully painted armies
32,000, 19,000, Renegades - 10,000 , 7,500,  
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 Kirasu wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
 lord_blackfang wrote:
I have to say I'm not a fan of Intercessors and Hellblasters getting a bunch of minor variations of the same gun sculpt with significantly different rules.

Hellblasters are basically the same gun just with a different classification.


What? Each weapon has a different range, # of shots and strength value. That's like saying a Missile launcher and lascannon are the same weapon. I guess a Missile Launcher is just a "Light Lascannon"!

I don't have the book (yet) but from what I briefly saw of the leaked stuff, it all looked roughly the same range, etc beyond the classifications.

I'm happy to be proven wrong and if they're all different.

In any regards, I'm not too bugged by there being different variations on a single weapon. Gives me hope that maybe Guard backpack weapons will be different to the standard versions.
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





Steelcity

Compared to the normal plasma weapon
Assault is -6", -1S, assault 2
Heavy is +6" +1S, heavy 1


Keeper of the DomBox
Warhammer Armies - Click to see galleries of fully painted armies
32,000, 19,000, Renegades - 10,000 , 7,500,  
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Kirasu wrote:
Compared to the normal plasma weapon
Assault is -6", -1S, assault 2
Heavy is +6" +1S, heavy 1



So in other words, assault trades off flexibility for a better rate of fire against light infantry, whilst heavy treads on a plasma cannon's toes whilst offering a worse rate of fire.

Seems standard wins out: You have other options for rate of fire weaponry and Devastators handle the heavy job.
   
Made in us
Member of a Lodge? I Can't Say






changemod wrote:
 Kirasu wrote:
Compared to the normal plasma weapon
Assault is -6", -1S, assault 2
Heavy is +6" +1S, heavy 1



So in other words, assault trades off flexibility for a better rate of fire against light infantry, whilst heavy treads on a plasma cannon's toes whilst offering a worse rate of fire.

Seems standard wins out: You have other options for rate of fire weaponry and Devastators handle the heavy job.


Unless you want to run an all Primaris army.

I swear I'm not a paid shill for Anvil Industry. I’d be willing if they wanted to pay me.

"That's Warhammer 40,000 where instead of using Victory Points to determine the victor you roll a D6 and compare receipts. Highest total receipts wins. I'm not sure what the D6 is for." - Abadabadoobaddon, on Reciepthammer 40k

"I cross the void beyond the mind,” - The Doctor

"It's better to just roll a D6 and discount anything I say on a 3+" - NivlacSupreme, on himself and his sanity. 
   
Made in fi
Courageous Space Marine Captain






What is weird that almost identical looking weapons have wildly different rules. It goes for the plasma variants and for the bolt rifles, where a slightly different magazine or other doodah completely changes the function of the weapon. It is doubly weird considering that in the same codex we also get two weapons which look drastically different (bolt carbine and assault bolt rifle) which nevertheless have the exact same rules.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane. 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut



Las Vegas

It seems very like the designer of the minis brought several variants on their gun designs to the meetings, and they either liked all of them or those who made the decisions were split, so they turned to the rules writers and said "can you come up with rules to justify each of these?"
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





It does make it a bit difficult for your opponent to know what they are facing and plan accordingly when guessing the wrong type of plasma incinerator can mean a 12" range difference.
   
Made in us
Powerful Spawning Champion





darthryan wrote:
It does make it a bit difficult for your opponent to know what they are facing and plan accordingly when guessing the wrong type of plasma incinerator can mean a 12" range difference.


Well, asking your opponent is usually the go to for that.

"Are those Regular Hellblasters or one of the variants?"

PourSpelur wrote:
It's fully within the rules for me to look up your Facebook page, find out your dear Mother Gladys is single, take her on a lovely date, and tell you all the details of our hot, sweaty, animal sex during your psychic phase.
I mean, fifty bucks is on the line.
There's no rule that says I can't.
Hive Fleet Hercual - 6760pts
Hazaak Dynasty - 3400 pts
Seraphon - 4600pts
 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: