Switch Theme:

Blood Bowl News & Rumors: p#124 Ogres..( & Gnoblars)  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in fr
Trazyn's Museum Curator





on the forum. Obviously

Oooh I like the saurus, but the skinks don't look right.
They seem a little off. Don't they look a little bigger than usual?

What I have
~4100
~1660
: LM

Westwood lives in death!
Peace through power!

A longbeard when it comes to Necrons and WHFB. Grumble Grumble

 
   
Made in us
Courageous Skink Brave




Carlovonsexron wrote:
 Azreal13 wrote:
One leg at a time just like everyone else?


What about the tail?


The tails look pretty flexible; looks to me like it's just a third "leg" for the purposes of putting on shorts.
   
Made in no
[DCM]
Necron of Munda





 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
Oooh I like the saurus, but the skinks don't look right.
They seem a little off. Don't they look a little bigger than usual?

Everything looks bigger than usual these days.
   
Made in us
Captain





LA

So I can't find the lizardmen dice for sale on GW, amazon or ebay. Is that the quickest Blood Bowl dice has ever sold out? Wood Elf and Halfling dice can still be found for sale. And AH said they usually make enough of these to last up to six months. I thought I had at least a month or two to get these before they would be gone.

 
   
Made in gb
Deadly Dire Avenger




Scotland

im just not a fan of the shorts, think if i do get these i'll be doing a lot of filing and sculpting.

Space Wolves - Alpha Legion - Biel-Tan - Reikland - Lizardmen of Hexoatl - Slaaneshi Daemons
 
   
Made in us
Experienced Saurus Scar-Veteran





California the Southern

So in some news tangentally related to Blood Bowl, I was searching on Barnes and Noble for which stores had Blitzbowl in stock.

Turns out there are going to be repackaged Blitzbowl teams coming to B & N, along with a paint set!

So far they have most of the released teams- Halflings, Skaven, Undead, and Chaos. Each team is just a single sprue of six models at 20 dollars.

Paint set is ten 12ml bottles, clippers, brush, and glue for 35.

So there is hope of getting some of the other teams into Blitzbowl after all!

Poorly lit photos of my ever- growing collection of completely unrelated models!

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/627383.page#7436324.html
Watch and listen to me ramble about these minis before ruining them with paint!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCB2mWIxhYF8Q36d2Am_2A 
   
Made in tw
Longtime Dakkanaut





Zetan wrote:
Carlovonsexron wrote:
 Azreal13 wrote:
One leg at a time just like everyone else?


What about the tail?


The tails look pretty flexible; looks to me like it's just a third "leg" for the purposes of putting on shorts.


it looks like a giant cord of muscle to me, and far too thick to bend in a way that would let it slide into the shorts.

It's sad, as I've been waiting for them for so long, but everytime I see the team I like them less and less because of that one design choice. (The shorts.)

   
Made in us
Sword-Bearing Inquisitorial Crusader





 highlord tamburlaine wrote:
So in some news tangentally related to Blood Bowl, I was searching on Barnes and Noble for which stores had Blitzbowl in stock.

Turns out there are going to be repackaged Blitzbowl teams coming to B & N, along with a paint set!

So far they have most of the released teams- Halflings, Skaven, Undead, and Chaos. Each team is just a single sprue of six models at 20 dollars.

Paint set is ten 12ml bottles, clippers, brush, and glue for 35.

So there is hope of getting some of the other teams into Blitzbowl after all!


This is the best news I have seen in a while. My wife and I love Blitz Bowl and the Undead are my favorite team in normal BB, so that makes me a happy camper. Thanks for let us know, I don't think I would have discovered this on my own.


 
   
Made in au
Grizzled Space Wolves Great Wolf





Anyone buying the Lizardmen? How do the models look in the flesh?

I'm really torn. I kinda like the Saurus but the Skinks are putting me off. Already have a converted Lizardmen team, but it's out of scale with the current BB range. Tempted to buy a box just to see if they look better in person than they do on the pictures.
   
Made in de
Fresh-Faced New User





 highlord tamburlaine wrote:
So in some news tangentally related to Blood Bowl, I was searching on Barnes and Noble for which stores had Blitzbowl in stock.

Turns out there are going to be repackaged Blitzbowl teams coming to B & N, along with a paint set!


That's excellent news, thanks for passing it along! Unfortunately, it doesn't look like B&N ships to the EU, so I hope that these team sets, or at least the cards, become available here as well.
   
Made in us
Sword-Bearing Inquisitorial Crusader





 AceXT wrote:
 highlord tamburlaine wrote:
So in some news tangentally related to Blood Bowl, I was searching on Barnes and Noble for which stores had Blitzbowl in stock.

Turns out there are going to be repackaged Blitzbowl teams coming to B & N, along with a paint set!


That's excellent news, thanks for passing it along! Unfortunately, it doesn't look like B&N ships to the EU, so I hope that these team sets, or at least the cards, become available here as well.


I was reading on Boardgamegeek the other night and I saw several people used PayPal with B&N to get their orders shipped internationally. I can't promise it works but I saw several people claim it does.

Here is one such post https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2288984/new-blitz-bowl-teams
I saw another in the three page thread about new teams too. Hopefully this is a good option for you.


 
   
Made in us
Cabin Zombie






Were the Lizardmen cards shorted? We seemingly didn’t get any of them here.

 
   
Made in gb
Veteran Wolf Guard Squad Leader





Team cards sell out hella quick for some reason. Definitely not completionist nutcases who want one of every special play card just because, nosiree.

"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





AllSeeingSkink wrote:
Anyone buying the Lizardmen? How do the models look in the flesh?

I'm really torn. I kinda like the Saurus but the Skinks are putting me off. Already have a converted Lizardmen team, but it's out of scale with the current BB range. Tempted to buy a box just to see if they look better in person than they do on the pictures.


They really do, IMO. MUCH better. Well, the Sauri once you repose the arms and bend the legs a bit. That's what I did for the first three - and I cut the mouth guards off - and they're pretty imposing now. Stock poses look more like tripping, but the Sauri are really stocky and have fantastic faces. They're probably standing close to a head taller than an old Saurus and have legs twice as big around and ripped serratus anterior showing.

Before assembly I shaved off a bit of fabric around the tails to sculpt some armour plates /decorations over their tail pants, now idea if that'll be enough or if the dremel will have to come out. For the second group of three I did a head- and tailswap between two of them, was pretty easy and really changes the models up while keeping a realistic flow to the pose of the one dude I glues back together. Freely chose from the arms, too, you'll have to fill gaps and clip/cut off around the pecs and shoulders, but now no.4 has an unique pose - and a power fist made from Stegadon masonry bits. The Skink head dresses also fit pretty well. I gave the lounging Saurus the Chameleon one, there I left his head scales bit off and it was a snug fit and the feathers obscure all view of the missing scales, anyway. The power fist dude will get one of the regular Skink ones, this time with his head properly assembled.

Now, the Skinks. They're...less good. They're HUGE. They're taller than the "hero" Skinks from the Stegadon kit I've used for my never completed team. Their heads are easily 50% bigger than an old one's, maybe close to double. Their crests are bigger than an old Skink! The Chameleons are pretty fun to look at, but their hands are completely devoid of detail on the inside.

So. I assembled on camo dude with arms from the Skinks and a crest from a 5th ed Skink. Bend his leg a bit so he has both feets on the base (btw, 32s are way to small for the splayed leg Saurus and ridiculously big for the Skinks...) and his new arms give him a startled look, like he's about to wring his hands because a ball will hit him in the head...or a charging Minotaur. I love him. For the others I might try and style their actual heads into masks. Size-wise it is believable that a "normal" head could fit into there And they look more like the bird skull mask from the "priest" from the Stegadon kit than Skink heads. It's...bad. Kinda.

TL;DR: The Sauri, with some reposing are ace, even better when you slightly kit bash them and sculpt a bit. They look like they were MADE to go with my HellDorado Kartikeya (Kroxigor). The Skinks can be used, but I might stick with my Stegadon crew outside of stealth dudes.

PS: I might give the Slann idol stubby legs and run him as a morbidly obese Chameleon Skink.

Edit: Turns out I left a Saurus in my dad's play room for the grandkids and I brought my half built new guys over to play at the family gathering. So, crappy pics for a quick comparison. Linked, because they're bad. This is punchy with his massive gauntlet and head+tail swap The bright spot on the snout is where I cut his horn ornament off.


https://abload.de/image.php?img=img-20191013-wa0005xwjyw.jpeg


https://abload.de/image.php?img=img-20191013-wa000774kbg.jpeg

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/10/13 10:20:00


Looking for a Skaven Doomwheel banner to repair my Nurgle knights.  
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




I posted on one BGG thread about the Blitz teams - I picked up a copy of the core game in person (along with the WD containing the Dark Elf cards from the GW store) when I was over in New York, and can confirm that whilst I couldn't check out through the B&N cart online to ship to anywhere in the EU, by going through the Paypal option, there was no difficulty in choosing UK shipping whatsoever. I received a shipping notification a couple of days later, and the two new teams (with cards - that's the main thing for me) should hopefulyl arrive this coming week.
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block



Orlando, FL

If GW wants to make up the ground they lost by abandoning Blood Bowl for so many years, they still have some catching up to do compared to third-party sellers. It feels like GW used their B Team to sculpt the new Lizardmen. Totally workmanlike, absolutely nothing special. In comparison, check out Greebo's Lizards. They blow GW's out of the water.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/greebo-games/primal-scales-reptiles-and-savage-women-for-fantas?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=primal%20scales

Jonathan 
   
Made in vn
Longtime Dakkanaut




jmw23 wrote:
If GW wants to make up the ground they lost by abandoning Blood Bowl for so many years, they still have some catching up to do compared to third-party sellers. It feels like GW used their B Team to sculpt the new Lizardmen. Totally workmanlike, absolutely nothing special. In comparison, check out Greebo's Lizards. They blow GW's out of the water.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/greebo-games/primal-scales-reptiles-and-savage-women-for-fantas?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=primal%20scales


None of them were made by GW main studio. They're made by FW Specialist Game team.

Also GW stuff is plastic, while 3rd party were metal and resin, they have no competition in the plastic field.
   
Made in de
Fresh-Faced New User





 Sabotage! wrote:

I was reading on Boardgamegeek the other night and I saw several people used PayPal with B&N to get their orders shipped internationally. I can't promise it works but I saw several people claim it does.

Here is one such post https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2288984/new-blitz-bowl-teams
I saw another in the three page thread about new teams too. Hopefully this is a good option for you.


Great, thanks for the hint! And thanks to Clockpunk for verifying. It looks like Halflings are currently out of stock online, but once they're back, I'll try to get both them and Undead. I was also able to find the cards on BGG, too, so the regular team boxes are an option as well.
   
Made in no
[DCM]
Necron of Munda





jmw23 wrote:
If GW wants to make up the ground they lost by abandoning Blood Bowl for so many years, they still have some catching up to do compared to third-party sellers. It feels like GW used their B Team to sculpt the new Lizardmen. Totally workmanlike, absolutely nothing special. In comparison, check out Greebo's Lizards. They blow GW's out of the water.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/greebo-games/primal-scales-reptiles-and-savage-women-for-fantas?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=primal%20scales

First off, they're kickstarter so what does that mean? Limited window of purchase? Receive your order 1 year after? Secondly, they're metal. I wouldn't have them for free. I've played with metal blood bowl before, they required repaint literally after every tournament.
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





jmw23 wrote:
If GW wants to make up the ground they lost by abandoning Blood Bowl for so many years, they still have some catching up to do compared to third-party sellers. It feels like GW used their B Team to sculpt the new Lizardmen. Totally workmanlike, absolutely nothing special. In comparison, check out Greebo's Lizards. They blow GW's out of the water.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/greebo-games/primal-scales-reptiles-and-savage-women-for-fantas?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=primal%20scales


Depends what you're after. The Greebo team is genuinely lovely but I'm not a fan of them for Blood Bowl. They just lack the tongue in cheek daftness I associate with the setting. I've bought some for use as fantasy Lizardmen in other games. Kroxigor aside, GW do offer a plastic team (probably the most preferred material) at a reasonable cost. That's enough for a lot of people.
   
Made in au
Grizzled Space Wolves Great Wolf





jmw23 wrote:
If GW wants to make up the ground they lost by abandoning Blood Bowl for so many years, they still have some catching up to do compared to third-party sellers. It feels like GW used their B Team to sculpt the new Lizardmen. Totally workmanlike, absolutely nothing special. In comparison, check out Greebo's Lizards. They blow GW's out of the water.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/greebo-games/primal-scales-reptiles-and-savage-women-for-fantas?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=primal%20scales


Not a fan of the Greebo models. The Saurus are just absurdly bulky. I think the sweet spot of bulk is what is used in the video game, Greebo's just dial it up to 12.

Also as other people have mentioned, it's still a kickstarter, they're metal, and from what I've seen the actual model images don't look as nice as the renders.

Resin isn't too bad for BB models, but metal models the paint becomes too delicate for anything harder that mouse mat material (which I do use, but still don't want to risk it).

 Binabik15 wrote:
AllSeeingSkink wrote:
Anyone buying the Lizardmen? How do the models look in the flesh?

I'm really torn. I kinda like the Saurus but the Skinks are putting me off. Already have a converted Lizardmen team, but it's out of scale with the current BB range. Tempted to buy a box just to see if they look better in person than they do on the pictures.


They really do, IMO. MUCH better. Well, the Sauri once you repose the arms and bend the legs a bit. That's what I did for the first three - and I cut the mouth guards off - and they're pretty imposing now. Stock poses look more like tripping, but the Sauri are really stocky and have fantastic faces. They're probably standing close to a head taller than an old Saurus and have legs twice as big around and ripped serratus anterior showing.

Before assembly I shaved off a bit of fabric around the tails to sculpt some armour plates /decorations over their tail pants, now idea if that'll be enough or if the dremel will have to come out. For the second group of three I did a head- and tailswap between two of them, was pretty easy and really changes the models up while keeping a realistic flow to the pose of the one dude I glues back together. Freely chose from the arms, too, you'll have to fill gaps and clip/cut off around the pecs and shoulders, but now no.4 has an unique pose - and a power fist made from Stegadon masonry bits. The Skink head dresses also fit pretty well. I gave the lounging Saurus the Chameleon one, there I left his head scales bit off and it was a snug fit and the feathers obscure all view of the missing scales, anyway. The power fist dude will get one of the regular Skink ones, this time with his head properly assembled.

Now, the Skinks. They're...less good. They're HUGE. They're taller than the "hero" Skinks from the Stegadon kit I've used for my never completed team. Their heads are easily 50% bigger than an old one's, maybe close to double. Their crests are bigger than an old Skink! The Chameleons are pretty fun to look at, but their hands are completely devoid of detail on the inside.

So. I assembled on camo dude with arms from the Skinks and a crest from a 5th ed Skink. Bend his leg a bit so he has both feets on the base (btw, 32s are way to small for the splayed leg Saurus and ridiculously big for the Skinks...) and his new arms give him a startled look, like he's about to wring his hands because a ball will hit him in the head...or a charging Minotaur. I love him. For the others I might try and style their actual heads into masks. Size-wise it is believable that a "normal" head could fit into there And they look more like the bird skull mask from the "priest" from the Stegadon kit than Skink heads. It's...bad. Kinda.

TL;DR: The Sauri, with some reposing are ace, even better when you slightly kit bash them and sculpt a bit. They look like they were MADE to go with my HellDorado Kartikeya (Kroxigor). The Skinks can be used, but I might stick with my Stegadon crew outside of stealth dudes.

PS: I might give the Slann idol stubby legs and run him as a morbidly obese Chameleon Skink.

Edit: Turns out I left a Saurus in my dad's play room for the grandkids and I brought my half built new guys over to play at the family gathering. So, crappy pics for a quick comparison. Linked, because they're bad. This is punchy with his massive gauntlet and head+tail swap The bright spot on the snout is where I cut his horn ornament off.


https://abload.de/image.php?img=img-20191013-wa0005xwjyw.jpeg


https://abload.de/image.php?img=img-20191013-wa000774kbg.jpeg


Thanks for the review! They are definitely a lot bigger than the old Saurus, the 32mm base hides it a bit in the pictures.

I think I'll grab it for the Saurus and keep using my old Skinks. Don't like the idea of big Skinks, they're supposed to be Stunty! I think using the old skinks with the new saurus will probably highlight the smallness of the skinks in a way I'll like.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/10/13 15:11:29


 
   
Made in fi
Nimble Glade Rider





 Binabik15 wrote:
Spoiler:
AllSeeingSkink wrote:
Anyone buying the Lizardmen? How do the models look in the flesh?

I'm really torn. I kinda like the Saurus but the Skinks are putting me off. Already have a converted Lizardmen team, but it's out of scale with the current BB range. Tempted to buy a box just to see if they look better in person than they do on the pictures.


They really do, IMO. MUCH better. Well, the Sauri once you repose the arms and bend the legs a bit. That's what I did for the first three - and I cut the mouth guards off - and they're pretty imposing now. Stock poses look more like tripping, but the Sauri are really stocky and have fantastic faces. They're probably standing close to a head taller than an old Saurus and have legs twice as big around and ripped serratus anterior showing.

Before assembly I shaved off a bit of fabric around the tails to sculpt some armour plates /decorations over their tail pants, now idea if that'll be enough or if the dremel will have to come out. For the second group of three I did a head- and tailswap between two of them, was pretty easy and really changes the models up while keeping a realistic flow to the pose of the one dude I glues back together. Freely chose from the arms, too, you'll have to fill gaps and clip/cut off around the pecs and shoulders, but now no.4 has an unique pose - and a power fist made from Stegadon masonry bits. The Skink head dresses also fit pretty well. I gave the lounging Saurus the Chameleon one, there I left his head scales bit off and it was a snug fit and the feathers obscure all view of the missing scales, anyway. The power fist dude will get one of the regular Skink ones, this time with his head properly assembled.

Now, the Skinks. They're...less good. They're HUGE. They're taller than the "hero" Skinks from the Stegadon kit I've used for my never completed team. Their heads are easily 50% bigger than an old one's, maybe close to double. Their crests are bigger than an old Skink! The Chameleons are pretty fun to look at, but their hands are completely devoid of detail on the inside.

So. I assembled on camo dude with arms from the Skinks and a crest from a 5th ed Skink. Bend his leg a bit so he has both feets on the base (btw, 32s are way to small for the splayed leg Saurus and ridiculously big for the Skinks...) and his new arms give him a startled look, like he's about to wring his hands because a ball will hit him in the head...or a charging Minotaur. I love him. For the others I might try and style their actual heads into masks. Size-wise it is believable that a "normal" head could fit into there And they look more like the bird skull mask from the "priest" from the Stegadon kit than Skink heads. It's...bad. Kinda.

TL;DR: The Sauri, with some reposing are ace, even better when you slightly kit bash them and sculpt a bit. They look like they were MADE to go with my HellDorado Kartikeya (Kroxigor). The Skinks can be used, but I might stick with my Stegadon crew outside of stealth dudes.

PS: I might give the Slann idol stubby legs and run him as a morbidly obese Chameleon Skink.

Edit: Turns out I left a Saurus in my dad's play room for the grandkids and I brought my half built new guys over to play at the family gathering. So, crappy pics for a quick comparison. Linked, because they're bad. This is punchy with his massive gauntlet and head+tail swap The bright spot on the snout is where I cut his horn ornament off.


https://abload.de/image.php?img=img-20191013-wa0005xwjyw.jpeg


https://abload.de/image.php?img=img-20191013-wa000774kbg.jpeg
You have just made me look forward to any future Lizardmen releases for AoS ridiculously much. The proportions, level of detail and improved dynamism of these on a set of normal Saurus warriors (or some not-too-weird new unit) - yes please! As long as new-design Skinks won't make the transfer and all lizards are as naked as the day they crawled out of the spawning pool that is. Just can't get used to the look of them wearing shorts. Not expecting much in the way of releases, but perhaps as a Warhammer Underworlds team in the next batch...
   
Made in us
Krazed Killa Kan






Columbus, Oh

 highlord tamburlaine wrote:
So in some news tangentally related to Blood Bowl, I was searching on Barnes and Noble for which stores had Blitzbowl in stock.

Turns out there are going to be repackaged Blitzbowl teams coming to B & N, along with a paint set!

So far they have most of the released teams- Halflings, Skaven, Undead, and Chaos. Each team is just a single sprue of six models at 20 dollars.

Paint set is ten 12ml bottles, clippers, brush, and glue for 35.

So there is hope of getting some of the other teams into Blitzbowl after all!


which is a bit of a blow to me, as now I have less chance to trade off the 1/2 teams I have for Skaven and Dwarves..

Hey.. Anyone want 6 Dwarves on sprue, or 6 Assembled Skaven? I would trade both for SOME Nurgle team guys!

I did just read the B&N links.. the various teams come with colored plastic sprues AND in the case of the undead, team cards for Blitz Bowl! Wow.. now makes me really upset that I bought the Chaos team instead of the Undeads.. dang it

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/10/13 18:33:43


2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

Order of St Ursula (Sisters of Battle): W-2, L-1, T-1
Get of Freki (Space Wolves): W-3, L-1, T-1
Hive Fleet Portentosa (Nids/Stealers): W-6, L-4, T-0
Omega Marines (vanilla Space Marine): W-1, L-6, T-2
Waagh Magshak (Orks): W-4, L-0, T-1
A.V.P.D.W.: W-0, L-2, T-0

www.40korigins.com
bringing 40k Events to Origins Game Fair in Columbus, Oh. Ask me for more info! 
   
Made in es
Kinebrach-Knobbling Xeno Interrogator





Valencia (Spain)

 ekwatts wrote:
Teams that are left:

Amazons
Chaos Dwarf
Khemri
Norse
Necromantic
Ogre
Vampire


And High Elves, the elven union are the former Pro elves.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/10/13 20:29:14


 
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Coenus Scaldingus wrote:
 Binabik15 wrote:
Spoiler:
AllSeeingSkink wrote:
Anyone buying the Lizardmen? How do the models look in the flesh?

I'm really torn. I kinda like the Saurus but the Skinks are putting me off. Already have a converted Lizardmen team, but it's out of scale with the current BB range. Tempted to buy a box just to see if they look better in person than they do on the pictures.


They really do, IMO. MUCH better. Well, the Sauri once you repose the arms and bend the legs a bit. That's what I did for the first three - and I cut the mouth guards off - and they're pretty imposing now. Stock poses look more like tripping, but the Sauri are really stocky and have fantastic faces. They're probably standing close to a head taller than an old Saurus and have legs twice as big around and ripped serratus anterior showing.

Before assembly I shaved off a bit of fabric around the tails to sculpt some armour plates /decorations over their tail pants, now idea if that'll be enough or if the dremel will have to come out. For the second group of three I did a head- and tailswap between two of them, was pretty easy and really changes the models up while keeping a realistic flow to the pose of the one dude I glues back together. Freely chose from the arms, too, you'll have to fill gaps and clip/cut off around the pecs and shoulders, but now no.4 has an unique pose - and a power fist made from Stegadon masonry bits. The Skink head dresses also fit pretty well. I gave the lounging Saurus the Chameleon one, there I left his head scales bit off and it was a snug fit and the feathers obscure all view of the missing scales, anyway. The power fist dude will get one of the regular Skink ones, this time with his head properly assembled.

Now, the Skinks. They're...less good. They're HUGE. They're taller than the "hero" Skinks from the Stegadon kit I've used for my never completed team. Their heads are easily 50% bigger than an old one's, maybe close to double. Their crests are bigger than an old Skink! The Chameleons are pretty fun to look at, but their hands are completely devoid of detail on the inside.

So. I assembled on camo dude with arms from the Skinks and a crest from a 5th ed Skink. Bend his leg a bit so he has both feets on the base (btw, 32s are way to small for the splayed leg Saurus and ridiculously big for the Skinks...) and his new arms give him a startled look, like he's about to wring his hands because a ball will hit him in the head...or a charging Minotaur. I love him. For the others I might try and style their actual heads into masks. Size-wise it is believable that a "normal" head could fit into there And they look more like the bird skull mask from the "priest" from the Stegadon kit than Skink heads. It's...bad. Kinda.

TL;DR: The Sauri, with some reposing are ace, even better when you slightly kit bash them and sculpt a bit. They look like they were MADE to go with my HellDorado Kartikeya (Kroxigor). The Skinks can be used, but I might stick with my Stegadon crew outside of stealth dudes.

PS: I might give the Slann idol stubby legs and run him as a morbidly obese Chameleon Skink.

Edit: Turns out I left a Saurus in my dad's play room for the grandkids and I brought my half built new guys over to play at the family gathering. So, crappy pics for a quick comparison. Linked, because they're bad. This is punchy with his massive gauntlet and head+tail swap The bright spot on the snout is where I cut his horn ornament off.


https://abload.de/image.php?img=img-20191013-wa0005xwjyw.jpeg


https://abload.de/image.php?img=img-20191013-wa000774kbg.jpeg
You have just made me look forward to any future Lizardmen releases for AoS ridiculously much. The proportions, level of detail and improved dynamism of these on a set of normal Saurus warriors (or some not-too-weird new unit) - yes please! As long as new-design Skinks won't make the transfer and all lizards are as naked as the day they crawled out of the spawning pool that is. Just can't get used to the look of them wearing shorts. Not expecting much in the way of releases, but perhaps as a Warhammer Underworlds team in the next batch...



Yeah, any new AoS Lizzies done like that would be ace. The Sauri are almost straight out of Total Warhammer and the Cyanide BB game concept art...with kinda dumb stock poses for the arms. But a tiny bit of cutting and GS fixes that. The shorts could easily be made into loincloth, it's really just the part over the tails that looks stupid and is harder to remove. I built my last one in triceratops-styled gear today and gave him the chestpiece as tail armour, will have to see how it looks cleaned up and under my desk lamp.

I might get another box (this time from a UK discounter ) and arm them for Skirmish or Warcry (if they have rules there). A Shadespire band done from the same basic 3D armature with properly sized gear would be awesome. Almost like a squad of scar veterans (I don't own the plastic one from the Carnosaur kit, he might be taller still...his weapons would work like a charm, in any way). A troop box or two would make me buy a 1000 points force at least.

Disclaimer: I bought a box of Saurus Warriors to buff up a bit as a BB team years ago. When I originally opened them up I was SO disappointed that I never even built one When the Contrast paints were released I wanted to built them, put some Contrast on and give them to my nephews...after building that spindly thing with terrible mould lines/slippage, whacky scales and a face even a mother couldn't love featured in the comparision pics I didn't want to build a second one.

PS: I was wrong about the Cham hands, the fingers are actually sculpted on the inside, but the palms are still completely flat. I like those little weirdos, though, their eyes are really well done on the bare plastic. I can take some pics of old vs new Skinks tomorrow once I've built one.

Looking for a Skaven Doomwheel banner to repair my Nurgle knights.  
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





The Saurus are all pretty good I think.
Though I do like the Greebo sculpts, and the unique poses they bring, I do hate repeats.

Skinks are all cool.

Probably stick with my old metal Skaven team though.
Shouldn’t invest more funds, as I basically never play it..
   
Made in fi
Regular Dakkanaut





I got the Lizardmen and I think the sculpts are great, especially the Saurus. It is super easy to remove the mouth guard if you dislike them - I might do it for some models to avoid duplicates. Skink headgear is optional so you can make all the 4 skinks different. Shorts are a bit disappointment to those who plan AoS conversions but I think they look fitting for Bloodbowl universe.

The real questions are:
1. What should I use for Kroxigor?
2. Jungle base or temple base to match the board?

That place is the harsh dark future far left with only war left. 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





GW Blood Bowl models are consciously bigger than their other ranges (they've stated as such). So the larger skinks might not be off proportionality, just odd when compared to previous versions. Those Saurus do look nicely chunky though I'm not looking forward to pushing them about on my smaller pitch.
   
Made in au
Grizzled Space Wolves Great Wolf





I think Skinks should be roughly the size of Goblins. Maybe they are as I haven't seen them in the flesh, but from the pictures they look bigger on the base than the Goblins do.

They also just look slow and derpy, not like something that should have movement 8.
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block



Orlando, FL


First off, they're kickstarter so what does that mean? Limited window of purchase? Receive your order 1 year after? Secondly, they're metal. I wouldn't have them for free. I've played with metal blood bowl before, they required repaint literally after every tournament.


Do you really not know what Kickstarter means? Greebo has run a bunch at this point, all delivered, all great quality. I own their Renaissance-themed Undead team, who look great in person. All their finished Kickstarter products are still available for order on their website. If you don't like metal, you don't like metal...though if you need to repaint them the way you claim to be doing, you've done something wrong. Are you not varnishing your finished minis? Anyway, I prefer metal, plastic is OK, and I can't stand resin. Everyone has a medium they prefer, and a reason for doing so. No right or wrong there.

Jonathan 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: