Switch Theme:

The Infinity News and Rumors Thread  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut







 .Mikes. wrote:
All righty, thanks. Soooooo, anyone have speculation on what 012 might contain?


There is counter speculation concerning O-12: At Adepticon, when asked about O-12, Bostria denied the possibility of O-12 this year.
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

 solkan wrote:
 .Mikes. wrote:
All righty, thanks. Soooooo, anyone have speculation on what 012 might contain?


There is counter speculation concerning O-12: At Adepticon, when asked about O-12, Bostria denied the possibility of O-12 this year.

Anything with Bostria needs to be taken with huge, huge, huuuuuuuuge piles of salt.
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





He's been better lately, especially on when certain units will be out, but I could see him not wanting to spoil a faction in the new starter if O-12 was it. No one really expects him to say yes to a question like that 6 months in advance.
   
Made in au
Longtime Dakkanaut





Melbourne, Australia

Had a quick look on the forums and some of the speculation is Tohaa Vs Combine, but I don't see two alien factions being released in a single box.

The galaxy is littered with the single-planet graveyards of civilisations which made the economically sensible decision not to explore space. 
   
Made in au
Fresh-Faced New User





Australia

I personally didn't expect to see this...


Infinity WARCOR
------------------------
Woot I have a blog!!! http://dulydudesshenanigans.blogspot.com.au/ 
   
Made in au
Longtime Dakkanaut





Melbourne, Australia

Gee, spiral, how cryptic.

The galaxy is littered with the single-planet graveyards of civilisations which made the economically sensible decision not to explore space. 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





So Bureau Agis only or called 0-12? I'm thinking the former. Would be interesting to see an 0-12 army as they're supposed to be made up of troops from all factions (except maybe Nomads).
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Monkeysloth wrote:
So Bureau Agis only or called 0-12? I'm thinking the former. Would be interesting to see an 0-12 army as they're supposed to be made up of troops from all factions (except maybe Nomads).


CB seems keen on the former lately. Likely as an NA2 I suppose. Doing the former gives them the option of creating other branches of 0-12 as their own thing, maybe even reorder them under a proper 0-12 banner eventually.
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

 LunarSol wrote:
 Monkeysloth wrote:
So Bureau Agis only or called 0-12? I'm thinking the former. Would be interesting to see an 0-12 army as they're supposed to be made up of troops from all factions (except maybe Nomads).


CB seems keen on the former lately. Likely as an NA2 I suppose. Doing the former gives them the option of creating other branches of 0-12 as their own thing, maybe even reorder them under a proper 0-12 banner eventually.


I’m pretty sure they said O-12 would be their own faction, not NA2.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 ImAGeek wrote:
 LunarSol wrote:
 Monkeysloth wrote:
So Bureau Agis only or called 0-12? I'm thinking the former. Would be interesting to see an 0-12 army as they're supposed to be made up of troops from all factions (except maybe Nomads).


CB seems keen on the former lately. Likely as an NA2 I suppose. Doing the former gives them the option of creating other branches of 0-12 as their own thing, maybe even reorder them under a proper 0-12 banner eventually.


I’m pretty sure they said O-12 would be their own faction, not NA2.


That'd be preferable. The only reason NA2 would make sense was if they didn't want to commit to more than one sectoral.
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.




And there it is. O-12.
   
Made in be
Longtime Dakkanaut





Belgium

And the new Shasvatii. They sure look completely different on the artworks.

Cuteness for the Cute Goddess! 
   
Made in gr
Thermo-Optical Spekter





Greece

Hi O-12 is a new faction, not a sectorial

New Shasvastii? here is a proper Shasvastii render from defiance website.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/06/28 12:25:44


 
   
Made in us
Grisly Ghost Ark Driver





4th Obelisk On The Right

Is it just me or does it look like the new Shas would be unable to walk? Someone should animate that render with the Shas just slapping its legs up and down to go forward.

 
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

 BrotherGecko wrote:
Is it just me or does it look like the new Shas would be unable to walk? Someone should animate that render with the Shas just slapping its legs up and down to go forward.

Like that one species of lizard that looks like Donald Duck going hogwild?

YES.
   
Made in us
The Conquerer






Waiting for my shill money from Spiral Arm Studios

Sweet. Looks like I'll be starting a new faction. Been wanting O-12 for a while.

Self-proclaimed evil Cat-person. Dues Ex Felines

Cato Sicarius, after force feeding Captain Ventris a copy of the Codex Astartes for having the audacity to play Deathwatch, chokes to death on his own D-baggery after finding Calgar assembling his new Eldar army.

MURICA!!! IN SPESS!!! 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
[***]







Same here - O-12 look to be (maybe) pretty nice looking minis!

Quick question:

Will Namurr Active Response Units and Zhayedan be part of the upcoming (soon?) Ramah Task Force sectorial?
   
Made in ca
Plastictrees





Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Yes and Ramah is in the app now, has been for a bit afaik.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
[***]







Oops!

Good to know - and thanks for letting me know!
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





 Kanluwen wrote:
 BrotherGecko wrote:
Is it just me or does it look like the new Shas would be unable to walk? Someone should animate that render with the Shas just slapping its legs up and down to go forward.

Like that one species of lizard that looks like Donald Duck going hogwild?

YES.


I was going to say the aliens from the old Charlie Sheen movie the Arrival but I googled it and their joints are reverse.


So what faction gets dropped now that there's a new one to help cut down on SKU bloat? [/sarcasm]
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

Weeeeeeeeeelll...

USARF is no longer going to have their 6 model starter set or the Devil Dogs box. They're also FINALLY retiring the horrible Foxtrot Ranger model, Daktari Catgirl, and Jazzhands Interventor blisters.
   
Made in us
Grisly Ghost Ark Driver





4th Obelisk On The Right

I guess CB loved the Covenant so much they decided the Combined Army needed their own Sangheili lol.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/06/28 20:24:49


 
   
Made in gr
Thermo-Optical Spekter





Greece

Shasvastii always had this general look thought the mouth has changed from suckers to mandibles and the overall head shape has changed to something better in my opinion, overall shape and posture has been maintained.
   
Made in us
Thermo-Optical Tuareg





California

Don't forget, Gwailos were digitigrade, too. So that's not really a new look for these guys.

   
Made in us
Grisly Ghost Ark Driver





4th Obelisk On The Right

And none of that changes that render from looking like CB copied Bungie's homework.

 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut






Looking at the Shas there going to move and run like the Paralympic sprinters with blades more or less. The shin armour even looks like the Blade prosthetics.
Saying that they do look like they could be joining Daleks as aliens who’s main enemies are flights of stairs.
So which next whole faction is getting squatted to make way for o12 as a faction?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/06/29 09:20:04


Your last point is especially laughable and comical, because not only the 7th ed Valkyrie shown dumber things (like being able to throw the troopers without parachutes out of its hatches, no harm done) - Irbis 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

Blurry photos of the contents have leaked:


   
Made in us
Combat Jumping Ragik






Beyond the Beltway

Blurry is an understatement. The starter boxes and a Wildfire only mini for each faction. S.O.P. No hints about why the higher price for Operation:Wildfire. Price according to GameNerdz. More LE minis? Upgraded terrain?

Which sectorial is on the chopping block? Ariadna, Haqq and Pan-O have already had sectorials go OOP. And the Tohaa faction. Another Pan-O sectorial, or will CB dare to touch the oh so very precious Nomads? I think Yu Jing has immunity for the moment.



This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/06/29 15:54:06


 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Fans: Clearly there are no armies that can be dropped from the lineup.
CB: Hold my beer *drops Yu Jing*
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

I'm guessing Steel Phalanx if anything. That said, it's not like Qapu Khalqi's a big loss with the NA2s.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: