Switch Theme:

Comrade Panda's Speak Easy Plog. Now with 100% more updates  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Battleship Captain






Howdy dakkers,

Here are the pictures of my finished models:







There is more stuff around here, but I can't keep track of anything. Jump around.

This message was edited 15 times. Last update was at 2015/01/04 01:25:46


 
   
Made in us
Battleship Captain






Just in case you were more interested in my orks. Here, they were. Orks!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/10/29 16:08:08


 
   
Made in gb
Mastering Non-Metallic Metal







Interested to see what you do with these. I'll be watching.


The army- ~2295 points (built).

* -=]_,=-eague Spruemeister General. * A (sprue) Hut tutorial *
Dsteingass - Dr. H..You are a role model for Internet Morality! // inmygravenimage - Dr H is a model to us all
Theophony - Sprue for the spruemeister, plastic for his plastic throne! // Shasolenzabi - Toilets, more complex than folks take time to think about!  
   
Made in de
Shroomin Brain Boy





Berlin Germany

ah...classic hobby ADD^^...we´ve been all down that road

do you have some special theme planned for that army?...

looking forward to your first test models then!

*coughsteampunkeldarcough*

   
Made in us
Secretive Dark Angels Veteran






You certainly keep yourself busy. I was thinking of Eldar, one of the few armies I havent painted yet. Ill see how you handle them and decide if Im gonna take the leap.
   
Made in gb
Raging Ravener





UK - Wolverhampton

Look forward to seeing what you come up with. I'd love to have a pop at painting some Eldar, after painting so many dirty Tyranids lately it'd be a nice change to play around with some clean, crisp, elegant models.

Please check out my Tyranid Bloggy thing!
Hive Fleet Enzyme  
   
Made in us
Battleship Captain






Dr H wrote:Interested to see what you do with these. I'll be watching.

Here have some stuff to look at!

Viktor von Domm wrote:ah...classic hobby ADD^^...we´ve been all down that road

do you have some special theme planned for that army?...

looking forward to your first test models then!

*coughsteampunkeldarcough*

Sir.. your desperation gor gears on my model has no ill wanted issues with me, but I must forgot it. I am going for a Tron look.

40kFSU wrote:You certainly keep yourself busy. I was thinking of Eldar, one of the few armies I haven't painted yet. Ill see how you handle them and decide if Im gonna take the leap.


its quite cool, low on the model count. Hope I can make it work.

Reeno wrote:Look forward to seeing what you come up with. I'd love to have a pop at painting some Eldar, after painting so many dirty Tyranids lately it'd be a nice change to play around with some clean, crisp, elegant models.


I love eldar models, and think they are super sexy and awesome. Here is what I have done so far.
List of things i did -
create custom base for seer
did minor conversion work to new plastic farseer
did minor conversion work to new plastic wraith guard kit with D-scythes they have bigger shoulder pads
did minor conversion work to the old wraith lord - he now has a feth you blade.
started wraith knight.
[Thumb - IMG_0297.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_0298.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_0299.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_0300.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_0301.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_0302.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_0303.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_0304.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_0305.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_0306.JPG]

   
Made in gb
Mastering Non-Metallic Metal







Nice poses on the Wraithguards. What's the kit like?

Your Wraithlord makes me chuckle. It had to be done though.


The army- ~2295 points (built).

* -=]_,=-eague Spruemeister General. * A (sprue) Hut tutorial *
Dsteingass - Dr. H..You are a role model for Internet Morality! // inmygravenimage - Dr H is a model to us all
Theophony - Sprue for the spruemeister, plastic for his plastic throne! // Shasolenzabi - Toilets, more complex than folks take time to think about!  
   
Made in gb
Screaming Shining Spear





Kent

liking the conversion of the spear to a glaive on the Farseer - is that one of the swords from the Wraithguard? (may have to steal that idea...


‎"Let's all embrace the future, stop pretending we care about each other, and start hoarding canned goods...
hmmm, Spam has its own key."

"Pit Crew! Take this box out back, throw in a rabid Honey Badger and SET IT ON FIRE!"

If I were an Eskimo, I'd build my igloo next to a supermarket on a tropical beach. 
   
Made in us
Huge Hierodule




United States

Stuff looks good so far. However, the blade on the Wraithlord is so large that it just looks ridiculous and detracts from the model.

Hydra Dominatus: My Alpha Legion Blog

Liber Daemonicum: My Daemons of Chaos Blog


Alpharius wrote:Darth Bob's is borderline psychotic and probably means... something...

 
   
Made in gb
Swift Swooping Hawk






Yeah I'm not liking that huge sword, just doesn't work.

The armless Wraith Knight is making me think of Michionne's zombies on the walking dead
   
Made in us
Battleship Captain






finnan wrote:liking the conversion of the spear to a glaive on the Farseer - is that one of the swords from the Wraithguard? (may have to steal that idea...

Finnan steal away, i have long time lurked on your threads. I have found inspiration from there to do a fun pain scheme idea on the wraith.

Dr H wrote:Nice poses on the Wraithguards. What's the kit like?

Your Wraith lord makes me chuckle. It had to be done though.

Yes it had to be done, sadly the model will rarely see table.
The kit is fabulous, so many bits, so much fun work. However, the possibility is limiting.

Darth Bob wrote:Stuff looks good so far. However, the blade on the Wraithlord is so large that it just looks ridiculous and detracts from the model.

Noted good sir, it was done for that very point.

shamikebab wrote:Yeah I'm not liking that huge sword, just doesn't work.


The armless Wraith Knight is making me think of Michionne's zombies on the walking dead

As well noted. I will go back one of these days and shrink it down. for now, that work had to be done.
Hmm.. i get that.

Got to play my army twice today. Draw and a Win not bad!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/06/03 04:44:32


 
   
Made in gb
Death-Dealing Devastator




UK

Nice, how are you going to model the wraithknight?
   
Made in us
Battleship Captain






 Vivster wrote:
Nice, how are you going to model the wraith knight?


I am going to model him with the Sun-cannon and the shield for the 5+ invuln.
   
Made in gb
Death-Dealing Devastator




UK

 cormadepanda wrote:
 Vivster wrote:
Nice, how are you going to model the wraith knight?


I am going to model him with the Sun-cannon and the shield for the 5+ invuln.


Nice, will you magnetize him?
   
Made in us
Battleship Captain






 Vivster wrote:
 cormadepanda wrote:
 Vivster wrote:
Nice, how are you going to model the wraith knight?


I am going to model him with the Sun-cannon and the shield for the 5+ invuln.


Nice, will you magnetize him?


It crossed my mind to, but i will not be, because the way i am planning on painting him the weapon swaps wont be flush or consistent.
   
Made in us
Battleship Captain






Wraith Knight build - complete
Starting paint tomorrow. Muhahahaha
[Thumb - IMG_0307.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_0308.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_0309.JPG]

   
Made in gb
Morphing Obliterator






Looking nice so far! Those wraithguard look awesome built and the weapon swap on the farseer looks great.

I like the spirit seer model more now I have seen it built and will definately have to pick one up at some point. I don't have any wraith units in my Eldar yet (I was waiting for plastic guard first) except for one Lord but the ability to up saves on any unit you want if you get the right power is too good to ignore (unlike warlocks who can only join guardians atm).

I do plan to get 10-20 wraith guard/blades and either a wraithknight or 2nd wraithlord at some point so I will have a mini wraith army available for play eventually.

What do you think of the wraithknight? I am not sure about it personally. It doesn't seem to give you much for your 300pts when fully equipped. Although I have to admit a jumping monstrous creature with basically 3 twin linked plasma cannons does sound fun!

Chaos Space Marines - Iron Warriors & Night Lords 7900pts

 
   
Made in au
Boom! Leman Russ Commander





Brisbane, Australia

I love the wraith lord with the no-dachi

 
   
Made in us
Battleship Captain






rohansoldier wrote:Looking nice so far! Those wraithguard look awesome built and the weapon swap on the farseer looks great.

I like the spirit seer model more now I have seen it built and will definately have to pick one up at some point. I don't have any wraith units in my Eldar yet (I was waiting for plastic guard first) except for one Lord but the ability to up saves on any unit you want if you get the right power is too good to ignore (unlike warlocks who can only join guardians atm).

I do plan to get 10-20 wraith guard/blades and either a wraithknight or 2nd wraithlord at some point so I will have a mini wraith army available for play eventually.

What do you think of the wraithknight? I am not sure about it personally. It doesn't seem to give you much for your 300pts when fully equipped. Although I have to admit a jumping monstrous creature with basically 3 twin linked plasma cannons does sound fun!


At 300pts he is worth it. I plan on using two. They just do to much in an iyenden themed army.

Scipio Africanus wrote:I love the wraith lord with the no-dachi


He is getting a newer and smaller blade. Sorry mate. Was funny while it laster
   
Made in gb
Mastering Non-Metallic Metal







Look forward to seeing the knight painted.
What's that on the base, is it GS? Good job if it is.


The army- ~2295 points (built).

* -=]_,=-eague Spruemeister General. * A (sprue) Hut tutorial *
Dsteingass - Dr. H..You are a role model for Internet Morality! // inmygravenimage - Dr H is a model to us all
Theophony - Sprue for the spruemeister, plastic for his plastic throne! // Shasolenzabi - Toilets, more complex than folks take time to think about!  
   
Made in us
Battleship Captain






 Dr H wrote:
Look forward to seeing the knight painted.
What's that on the base, is it GS? Good job if it is.


yeah thats some sculpted ruins i did, i am going to do this on all my bases.
   
Made in it
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon






That's a great GS work Panda!

Following this, but not as I followed the orkz....

Welcome to the Krazy Pak. P&M Blog http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/420957.page
The Inquisimunda World of Saky http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/534593.page
The Mantis Warrior Challenge (by Gitsplitta) http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/11550/289929.page#5776853


May Gork and Mork drive your WAAAAAAAAAGH! 
   
Made in us
Battleship Captain






 SelvaggioSaky wrote:
That's a great GS work Panda!

Following this, but not as I followed the orkz....


dont worry, i will return to the orks soon enough.
   
Made in it
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon






Going to jump between armies as well in a bit...
But not for gaming purpose

Welcome to the Krazy Pak. P&M Blog http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/420957.page
The Inquisimunda World of Saky http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/534593.page
The Mantis Warrior Challenge (by Gitsplitta) http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/11550/289929.page#5776853


May Gork and Mork drive your WAAAAAAAAAGH! 
   
Made in de
Shroomin Brain Boy





Berlin Germany

nice idea on that big base...

so a more tron like scheme you have in mind?...

like the animated series? main color black and then a bright one for the lines? that could look very good indeed!

   
Made in us
Battleship Captain






 Viktor von Domm wrote:
nice idea on that big base...

so a more tron like scheme you have in mind?...

like the animated series? main color black and then a bright one for the lines? that could look very good indeed!



Yes i not sure I have to paint schemes in mind.

Tron Dar - this is going to be a medium dark grey scheme with orangey red lines like Tron, and Eldar lines combined.
Elegant Dar - This is going to be a white and gold scheme, classic and prestigious

I need votes, at least 3 viewers to help me decide.

Here is the guy primed white. Let me know, there is a poll at the top to vote on.



[Thumb - IMG_0310.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_0311.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_0312.JPG]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2013/06/05 01:03:43


 
   
Made in us
Trustworthy Shas'vre





Cruising in my CRASSUS ARMORED ASSAULT TRANSPORT

I don't know... I think that a marble-like paint scheme would do them proudest.

I guarantee you that I'm not really as smart as the test says:

Test Your IQ 
   
Made in us
Battleship Captain






 killykavekommando wrote:
I don't know... I think that a marble-like paint scheme would do them proudest.


Well that would be interesting, but that's not something I want to really do, i would become inconsistent.
   
Made in us
Battleship Captain






Alright, so my friends not on dakka said "DO TRON MAX IT WILL BE UNIQUE. NO ONE WILL GLOW LIKE YOU" i was sold on the idea.. so here is the progress on the stripes, roughly done, but eh.

going to build up to a bright orangey glow.
[Thumb - IMG_0313.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_0314.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_0315.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_0316.JPG]

   
 
Forum Index » Dakka P&M Blogs
Go to: