Switch Theme:

EXODITES - Update on DK #3, requested rear shots of Farseer and sculpting tools. (25th July)  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in be
Sneaky Striking Scorpion






Thanks for all the coments guys. Really appreiciate it.

@ The Good Green - Screw the Orks. Get on with Eldar, thats my advice.

@ Malcontent - Do you mean what would be the upper lip and gums of the horse? If so i intend to sculpt these sections a bit so they are more in keeping with the Dragons. Not got round to it yet though.

Here is an update of the tail sculpt i've been working on. Plus a few details such as the belt (difficult to see) the necklaces and the shuriken pistol.

FTL

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2010/12/12 10:57:46


   
Made in gb
Avatar of the Bloody-Handed God






Inside your mind, corrupting the pathways

Looking very good

Your sculpting skills continue to impress me.

   
Made in us
Auspicious Aspiring Champion of Chaos





On the perfumed wind

Great work. Excellent sculpting and you've really done an awesome job of capturing a sense of movement with the tails.

“It was in lands of the Chi-An where she finally ran him to ground. There she kissed him deeply as he lay dying, and so stole from him his last, agonized breath.

On a delicate chain at her throat, she keeps it with her to this day.”
 
   
Made in sg
Fresh-Faced New User






Wow your sculpting skills are awesome!

 
   
Made in be
Sneaky Striking Scorpion






Thanks all.

The tail sculpt is a bit off i think but acceptable... its also very tedious so i'm procrastinating with it... might try and finnish it this evening. I have made some progress on the Farseer (extra cloth, singing spear) but i am waiting on a bits order to complete him so will post more at a later date.

Til then.

FTL

   
Made in ca
[DCM]
Acolyte of Goodwin






Sunny SoCal

Great job!

I personally would love a step by step on you cloth technique, particularly the sache/belt -

   
Made in be
Sneaky Striking Scorpion






MajorTom11 wrote:Great job!

I personally would love a step by step on you cloth technique, particularly the sache/belt -


I wouldn'r really know where to begin. Its really just a process of pushing the GS around till it looks right. That and knowing what looks right. Also i use cooking oil to lube my tools... it works really well.

Next time i do something similar i will try and make a tutorial, no promises though.

FTL

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2010/12/13 19:52:49


   
Made in be
Sneaky Striking Scorpion






Update on the Farseer... Bit more work to do on the spear and cloak on the right arm. But other than a base hes pretty much done.

C&C welcomed.

FTL




   
Made in gb
Sadistic Inquisitorial Excruciator





Preston/England/United Kingdom

WOW....the Farseer is beautifully done. The robes are great.

As is the dragon knight at the top of the page.



Peter

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2011/01/10 23:02:40


 
   
Made in gb
Unhealthy Competition With Other Legions





UK

Farseer looks really good as does the dragon rider. You have any plans to paint them up anytime soon or are you getting all the sculpting/conversion work done first?

   
Made in be
Sneaky Striking Scorpion






PDH wrote:WOW....the Farseer is beautifully done.

As is the dragon knight that the top of the page.



Peter


Thanks PDH.

For those interested, the Farseer is converted from the middle guy in the pic below.

FTL




   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Scotland

Wonderful sculpting! The farseer has beautiful details but the proportions are a bit off. If you removed his dragonscale cowl his neck would be obscenely long. And maybe buff out the left shoulder he currently has rather bowled shoulders. Sorry this is just my freakishingly attuned eye for proportion. It's what often lets down amazing sculpters like yourself. I can't sculpt detail for golden peanuts but i can usually get the proportions down. Finally though proportionally he is fine maybe make him a tiny bit longer in the legs; your other figures are wonderfully elegant so i would consider it to fit him in.

Mary Sue wrote: Perkustin is even more awesome than me!



 
   
Made in be
Sneaky Striking Scorpion






Calibanite Lion wrote:Farseer looks really good as does the dragon rider. You have any plans to paint them up anytime soon or are you getting all the sculpting/conversion work done first?


Well i'd love to but i have too many other (non hobby) projects on the go. For now i just do a bit here and there in between other things... painting is a whole other deal. I don't even have any paints so it would also be a bit of an investment in both time and money.

Something for the future.

FTL

   
Made in gb
Unhealthy Competition With Other Legions





UK

Ah right, can i ask then, do you just keep what you have modelled or do you sell the pieces?

   
Made in be
Sneaky Striking Scorpion






Perkustin wrote:Wonderful sculpting! The farseer has beautiful details but the proportions are a bit off. If you removed his dragonscale cowl his neck would be obscenely long. And maybe buff out the left shoulder he currently has rather bowled shoulders. Sorry this is just my freakishingly attuned eye for proportion. It's what often lets down amazing sculpters like yourself. I can't sculpt detail for golden peanuts but i can usually get the proportions down. Finally though proportionally he is fine maybe make him a tiny bit longer in the legs; your other figures are wonderfully elegant so i would consider it to fit him in.




I thought this my self, but i just wasn't sure... thats kinda why i posted it allready, to see if any one else picked up on it. I will try and edit the collar a bit... letting me get the head close to the shoulders. That should sort the problem.

As for the left shoulder... that makes sense when you can see the back of the model... his arm is drawn quite far back which at this angle gives the illusion he has sloped shoulders.

Thanks for the tips.

Calibanite Lion wrote:Ah right, can i ask then, do you just keep what you have modelled or do you sell the pieces?


These i will keep... as i do want to paint them eventually. I am thinking of doing commision sculpts/conversions though... you interested?

FTL

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2011/01/10 23:10:53


   
Made in gb
Unhealthy Competition With Other Legions





UK

I have too much to complete at the minute before the missus will let me spend more money on toy soldiers lol. However i think you should get yourself a webpage set up as you have more than enough gs-fu to be able to get the commisions in!

   
Made in be
Sneaky Striking Scorpion






Calibanite Lion wrote:I have too much to complete at the minute before the missus will let me spend more money on toy soldiers lol. However i think you should get yourself a webpage set up as you have more than enough gs-fu to be able to get the commisions in!


I will look into that... thanks for the tips and compliments.

FTL

   
Made in us
Ghastly Grave Guard





The cold reaches of space

Interested in commission sculpts? Mc-Eff yea!

I've been watching your work and these Exos are top-notch! If you had examples of other non-eldar pieces, I'd love to see them before I commit.

 
   
Made in be
Sneaky Striking Scorpion






HF Izanagi wrote:Interested in commission sculpts? Mc-Eff yea!

I've been watching your work and these Exos are top-notch! If you had examples of other non-eldar pieces, I'd love to see them before I commit.


Actually i don't right now. I've just got back into the hobby after a 10 yr absence so i'm starting from scratch. I've never used GS before 3 months ago and i just felt like giving it a whirl.

I do intend to do a few more example peices... Can i ask, what might you be intrested in seeing?

FTL

   
Made in us
Ghastly Grave Guard





The cold reaches of space

Non-eldar, humanoid-type still. Nothing too different from what you have now, but I'd love to get some usable in-game copies of videogame characters and the like - Devil May Cry, Assassin's Creed... hell, even a futuristic samurai original sculpt off of a concept drawing I make out... (like your exo footsoldier's pants? - AWESOME) the list goes on, but for right now, the main characters for those two series are what I'm most interested, as they've got application in my nearest projects.

 
   
Made in be
Sneaky Striking Scorpion






Ok. Well watch this space... i'll try and do a few more different types of things in the future.

FTL

   
Made in us
Ghastly Grave Guard





The cold reaches of space

Hey, far be it from me to commandeer your P&M... the stuff you create is fantastic- no doubt about it. Keep doing what you're doing and interested in doing- I'm sure I'm already sold on your Exos!

Keep up the good work- I find your pretty-much-from-scratch sculpts really inspiring for my own work.

 
   
Made in be
Sneaky Striking Scorpion






HF Izanagi wrote:Hey, far be it from me to commandeer your P&M... the stuff you create is fantastic- no doubt about it. Keep doing what you're doing and interested in doing- I'm sure I'm already sold on your Exos!

Keep up the good work- I find your pretty-much-from-scratch sculpts really inspiring for my own work.


Not at all. I have already considered the possibility of commisions so it makes sense to expand the portfolio.

Thankyou for your kind words and encouragment.

FTL

   
Made in ca
Powerful Spawning Champion





Calgary, Alberta, Canada

These are so cool. You're quite talented. Keep it up.

   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut






I love the rune armour on the Farseer - really cleanly sculpted. Could you run through how you did it as I'd love to do something similr. Thanks!
   
Made in us
Huge Hierodule




United States

Looking good! Can't wait to see how you paint these beauties.

Hydra Dominatus: My Alpha Legion Blog

Liber Daemonicum: My Daemons of Chaos Blog


Alpharius wrote:Darth Bob's is borderline psychotic and probably means... something...

 
   
Made in us
Wicked Warp Spider





Chicago

This whole thread is awesome!

The exodite Farseer rocks! Would you do a commission or post a tutorial? I might be interested in one.
   
Made in be
Sneaky Striking Scorpion






Been a while, but i've been working on this as my entry for the pimp 40k contest. Thought i'd post it here to for some faster feedback. Still WIP... getting there though.

FTL






   
Made in gb
Shrieking Guardian Jetbiker





UK

Is that sculpted on the new dark elf sorceress? thats brilliant! keep up the nice work





 
   
Made in mt
Jealous that Horus is Warmaster




Malta

Inspiring work mate !!! well done especially on the second exodite!


In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is King.
 
   
 
Forum Index » Dakka P&M Blogs
Go to: