Switch Theme:

Viterbi paints and builds... Sisters of Battle, abhumans, a gunslinger and some g-g-g-g-ghosts  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Trigger-Happy Baal Predator Pilot






Nice work on baldilocks, and your wife was right (aren’t they always?) about the green. It really helps round her out!

Goberts Gubbins - A Random Oldhammer P&M Blog, now with added Blackstone Fortress 
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut





Surrey, BC - Canada

Viterbi,

Very nice primaris psyker you have converted there.

Good luck in the painting competition.

Cheers,

CB


DC:70S++G+M++B+I++PW40k-89-+D+++++A+++/aWD088R+T(M)DM+  
   
Made in de
Regular Dakkanaut






gobert wrote:Nice work on baldilocks, and your wife was right (aren’t they always?) about the green. It really helps round her out!


Thanks gobert and yes, (mostly) they are

Captain Brown wrote:Viterbi,

Very nice primaris psyker you have converted there.

Good luck in the painting competition.

Cheers,

CB


Thanks Captain Brown! Alas, it‘s not a conversion, the model is from the Combat Arena board game and I believe it was also part of a Blackstone Fortress add on.
   
Made in de
Regular Dakkanaut






Merry christmas to everyone!

And a mini update, one sister is nearing completion, but my goal to have a kill team game with them on the 28th seems unrealistic with all the festivities.

[Thumb - 8E7C9D8E-144F-43EF-B1C6-58CD55D7996C.jpeg]

   
Made in de
Regular Dakkanaut





Germany

Merry Christmas to you, too.

Great scheme. The gold is really standing out from the metallic green. Very nice.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






It is a great color combination. She is looking sweet. A team in the next 3 days is tight, but don't let that stop you. Charge!
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran






If your space marines are any indication, those sisters are going to look great. I can't wait to see more!

   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




Central California

Another inspirational blog. Good scheme, different, I also love the background of a loyal legion fighting not only the enemies of mankind, but no doubt the zealots of its own Empire. You know, there is only one thing to do when beset from all sides on Death's Ground. FIGHT!!!
Thanks for sharing and looking forward to more.

Edward Myst
Long time gamer and creater of the free web comic
http://pawnsoffatecomic.weebly.com/

Check my older stuff out at:
http://edwardmystcreations.weebly.com/

Gaming Group outside Bakersfield. Interested, send a PM. 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Wisconsin

Psyker looks great and your color choices for the sisters is spot on. Those new models are tugging at my wallet, must resist. Will just keep checking here for my fix. ;-).
   
Made in de
Regular Dakkanaut






Max Moray wrote:Merry Christmas to you, too.

Great scheme. The gold is really standing out from the metallic green. Very nice.


youwashock wrote:It is a great color combination. She is looking sweet. A team in the next 3 days is tight, but don't let that stop you. Charge!


Heretic Tom wrote:If your space marines are any indication, those sisters are going to look great. I can't wait to see more!


edwardmyst wrote:Another inspirational blog. Good scheme, different, I also love the background of a loyal legion fighting not only the enemies of mankind, but no doubt the zealots of its own Empire. You know, there is only one thing to do when beset from all sides on Death's Ground. FIGHT!!!
Thanks for sharing and looking forward to more.


Yorkright wrote: Psyker looks great and your color choices for the sisters is spot on. Those new models are tugging at my wallet, must resist. Will just keep checking here for my fix. ;-).


Thank you guys for the nice words, really happy you like the scheme! And welcome edwardmyst to this plog

I'm quite happy with the color scheme, but am still looking for the best method in which order to apply colors and washes. But contrast makes painting the green armor so much easier than doing the washes on my marines.

@Yorkright: I think time- and moneywise I also won't be able to do a complete sisters army in 2020, but I am planning on doing an angelic host, led by celestine und with 2-3 units each of the seraphim/zephyrim kit. That should be a nice ally to the little deathwatch force I have and the abhumans led by the primaris psyker.

And I found a nice pocket of time today, after my wife and I had built the kid's playmobil sets from santa and they set off to their room and were not seen again for the next two hours So I may be able to pull it off, not least thanks to your encouragement @youwashock! The second row with Pious Vorne, Crusader and the special edition sister was already done and the front row is nearing completion. Might be able to finish the simulacrum tomorrow morning, biggest headache is the repentia, haven't settled on colors yet. May try the blue-grey for her cloth that's on the regular sisters on their corset. And because I haven't built any arcos, I may sub a negavolt cultist from BSF instead.

[Thumb - IMG_0975.jpeg]

   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





Looking good so far, and almost there!

On repentia colors, mirroring the corset for the cloth would probably work, possibly with your purple on the streamers and ribbons, then you could do the sides of the chain blade in the green you're using for the armor. Good luck!
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






The group looks very cool so far. I am still a big fan of how the white hair sets off the rest of your scheme. Can't wait to see the full release for these gals next year.
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




Central California

Your painting is superb. At first I hated the new repentia in biker shorts. My plan was to paint them in leggings (Using my off-color for Bloody Rose). Seeing these in a skin tone is tempting. Again, thanks for taking some time to post up.

Edward Myst
Long time gamer and creater of the free web comic
http://pawnsoffatecomic.weebly.com/

Check my older stuff out at:
http://edwardmystcreations.weebly.com/

Gaming Group outside Bakersfield. Interested, send a PM. 
   
Made in gb
Trigger-Happy Baal Predator Pilot






They’re a good looking bunch of sisters alright. Whilst the classic sister look is helmetless, I do love their helmets! Do the new sisters come with enough helmets for all of them?

Hoping for a closer look at your Pious Vorne as I’m needing inspiration for my own BSF set, might have a look see if I can use the paints I already have to mimic your sisters?

Goberts Gubbins - A Random Oldhammer P&M Blog, now with added Blackstone Fortress 
   
Made in de
Regular Dakkanaut






Vejut wrote:Looking good so far, and almost there!

On repentia colors, mirroring the corset for the cloth would probably work, possibly with your purple on the streamers and ribbons, then you could do the sides of the chain blade in the green you're using for the armor. Good luck!


Thanks for the feedback and input! I used your idea a little bit and did some of the things that should be metal in purple. The parchment will be normal color like the purity seals on the normal sisters. I will incorporate green on the blade, possibly for the fleur de lis and the handle.

youwashock wrote:The group looks very cool so far. I am still a big fan of how the white hair sets off the rest of your scheme. Can't wait to see the full release for these gals next year.


Thanks, I'm already excited to build the rest of the army box and hope the full line will release in January and not only some of the kits.

edwardmyst wrote:Your painting is superb. At first I hated the new repentia in biker shorts. My plan was to paint them in leggings (Using my off-color for Bloody Rose). Seeing these in a skin tone is tempting. Again, thanks for taking some time to post up.


Thanks, although I need to point out, that my painting is far from flawless. When I take pictures of my minis I always see at least on or two things, where I could have painted more careful

And the two battle sisters are now fully done and the repentia is awaiting cleanup, paint for spots I missed (like on her forehead) and whitening the parchment for a round of skeleton horde.
And just checked the points, don't need to sub the negavolt cultist as an arco, I come out at 93 points for these models and probably use the sister superior as if she has a combi-plasma, so that it's 97 points for the team.

[Thumb - IMG_0983.jpeg]

[Thumb - IMG_0981.jpeg]

[Thumb - IMG_0982.jpeg]

   
Made in us
Near Golden Daemon Caliber





Affton, MO. USA

The sisters haven’t been fighting in a while, they haven’t noticed their barrels are filled .

Color of the armor is ace .

LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Wisconsin

Your finished work really brings the whole model together. Looking forward to seeing them all done to this standard. As for the bolter barrels, I am one who does not always drill them out but drop a dot of black in the center works.
   
Made in de
Regular Dakkanaut






Theophony wrote:The sisters haven’t been fighting in a while, they haven’t noticed their barrels are filled .

Color of the armor is ace .


Yorkright wrote: Your finished work really brings the whole model together. Looking forward to seeing them all done to this standard. As for the bolter barrels, I am one who does not always drill them out but drop a dot of black in the center works.


Thanks guys!

Barrels and me are a history filled with misunderstandings I actually have models with drilled barrels but were way to lazy this year to do them at all. I may try doing Yorkright's dot idea.

And the team is finished, but of course five minutes later my friend writes, that his child is sick and he can't make it. Another friend wanted to watch the game, if time allows and I asked him, if he will bring his orks, if he can make it. So maybe they have to wait some time, before seeing action. But at least they are done!

[Thumb - IMG_0985.jpeg]

[Thumb - IMG_0986.jpeg]

[Thumb - IMG_0987.jpeg]

   
Made in gb
Trigger-Happy Baal Predator Pilot






Your kill team looks great! Well done for getting them finished double quick. Hopefully your friend will bring his Orks so they get to burn some greenskins!

Goberts Gubbins - A Random Oldhammer P&M Blog, now with added Blackstone Fortress 
   
Made in de
Regular Dakkanaut






Thanks gobert! Unfortunately the orks fell ill and stayed on the couch Luckily a swarm of nids became available on short notice. Pious Vorne‘s Vindictor had fun with them too Won both games, but the second was a close one.

I‘ll post some more pics later in the „last game you played thread“.

[Thumb - 9D9FC547-75BB-4EED-A966-7A76EA977ECF.jpeg]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/12/29 08:14:07


 
   
Made in us
Bonkers Buggy Driver with Rockets





Houston, TX

I really like the unique color scheme of the Sisters. Very original. The white contrasts nicely with the metallic green.

Can you please elaborate more on your magnetic foil box solution for miniature storage? I am not having good success with the GW storage boxes (delicate conversions keep breaking in the foam) and I was looking for a magnetic solution. I’m curious to learn what you did.

Xhorik 87th Drop Troops P&M blog https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/775655.page

Project log and campaign featuring Orks, Imperial Guard, Marines, Tyranids: http://www.xhorikwar.blogspot.com/
Currently focused on our Horus Heresy campaign with White Scars, Death Guard and Imperial Militia.  
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





Sisters are looking great, I really like that you have tied in your scheme to your Marines. I like the idea of a big united colour scheme Imperial army.

Painting Warhammer 40,000 Conquest a P and M blog : https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/763491.page 
   
Made in de
Regular Dakkanaut






ListenToMeWarriors wrote:Sisters are looking great, I really like that you have tied in your scheme to your Marines. I like the idea of a big united colour scheme Imperial army.


Thanks ListenToMeWarriors! I would have loved it more, if I'd known two years ago, what scheme I will use I have lots of small units that were earmarked for an inquisition army. I'm now contemplating stripping some minis to unify the scheme, but will first unify the bases to see, if that will be enough. I have used The Fang and Screamer Pink on most minis to have some common ground.

The Riddle of Steel wrote:I really like the unique color scheme of the Sisters. Very original. The white contrasts nicely with the metallic green.

Can you please elaborate more on your magnetic foil box solution for miniature storage? I am not having good success with the GW storage boxes (delicate conversions keep breaking in the foam) and I was looking for a magnetic solution. I’m curious to learn what you did.


Thanks The Riddle of Steel! I'm quite happy with the hair too, because at first I wanted to give them differing hair colors, but I like that unified look. Only Celestine will have hair in other color, but she's a living saint after all.

The storage solution is quite simple: I had some of the Ikea Samla boxes lying around and found self-adhesive blackboard-/magnetic-foil in a Tchibo store (it's a mixture of cafe and household stuff that changes every other week). I just cut it up, put it in the boxes and part 1 was done. I then bought 5x3 magnets and used superglue to glue them under the bases. And that is it really. The Dreadnought fall off, if you turn the box (don't ask, how I know that ), but all other infantry stays put. I haven't field-tested the solution yet, but it's nice, not to cut foam for stuff like inceptors.

[Thumb - IMG_1013.jpeg]

[Thumb - IMG_1012.jpeg]

[Thumb - IMG_1014.jpeg]

[Thumb - IMG_1016.jpeg]

   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





Congrats the games and the wins! Need to figure out who's playing in my area one of these days.

Always tempted by that storage solution. Only thing I'd worry about is that dreadnought trying to dreadsock your models if he comes loose. Maybe another magnet or three on him?

Hoping the bases help pull the army together, having to undo paint progress stinks.
   
Made in us
Bonkers Buggy Driver with Rockets





Houston, TX

Thanks for the quick answer on the magnet solution. I am going to try this out. I am sick of little fiddly converted bits getting stuck in the foam and snapping off. Thanks!

Xhorik 87th Drop Troops P&M blog https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/775655.page

Project log and campaign featuring Orks, Imperial Guard, Marines, Tyranids: http://www.xhorikwar.blogspot.com/
Currently focused on our Horus Heresy campaign with White Scars, Death Guard and Imperial Militia.  
   
Made in us
Veteran Inquisitorial Tyranid Xenokiller





Va

Wow. Not sure how I missed this blog the past 2 months. Really good stuff here. Any many have said, the armor is very striking and makes both the marines and sisters pop. Keep it up!


Check out my Deadzone/40k/necromunda blog here! 
   
Made in de
Regular Dakkanaut






Vejut wrote:Congrats the games and the wins! Need to figure out who's playing in my area one of these days.

Always tempted by that storage solution. Only thing I'd worry about is that dreadnought trying to dreadsock your models if he comes loose. Maybe another magnet or three on him?

Hoping the bases help pull the army together, having to undo paint progress stinks.


Thanks, although it was a close-run thing at times. But his dice were really cold and I did more 5+ invuls with the simulacrum, as should have been allowed. What can I say, the emperor really protects

I did some tests and the two magnets I put under the dreadnoughts seem to stop them from moving sideways, but it would be no problem to put more under their base.

Yeah, stripping painted minis feels somehow wrong. I will definitely do it for the 10 tempestus scions, because they were some of my first miniatures painted, so they could use a refresh. The rest of the little Astra Militarum force should be fine.

The Riddle of Steel wrote:Thanks for the quick answer on the magnet solution. I am going to try this out. I am sick of little fiddly converted bits getting stuck in the foam and snapping off. Thanks!


No problem, hope it works for you!

squall018 wrote:Wow. Not sure how I missed this blog the past 2 months. Really good stuff here. Any many have said, the armor is very striking and makes both the marines and sisters pop. Keep it up!


Thanks squall018!

And the last mini in 2019 and number 150, so I hit my goal. Celestine is repainted, but I'm not entirely happy with her. Mostly it stems from her being shoddily built by me when Gathering Storm hit. Then I primed her not very good and because I didn't want to strip her paint, I painted over the old and it shows in places. Rushing the job didn't help either I'll stay on the lookout to get a new on sprue version cheap to built und paint her in subassemblies. But she'll do for now.

Second pic is Graven's fault His mystery machine pics made me look up this "Gaslands" and now I'll dig into the rules over the next days.




[Thumb - IMG_1019.jpeg]

[Thumb - IMG_1022.jpeg]

   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Uh-oh! More cars incoming. Always cool to see more post-apoc racers. Celestine looks good from here. Congrats on 150!
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut





Surrey, BC - Canada

Viterbi,

Sisters are looking quite nice, and such a unique colour scheme.

Cheers,

CB


DC:70S++G+M++B+I++PW40k-89-+D+++++A+++/aWD088R+T(M)DM+  
   
Made in de
Regular Dakkanaut






Hope everyone arrived safe (safely?) in 2020! Happy New Year!

youwashock wrote:Uh-oh! More cars incoming. Always cool to see more post-apoc racers. Celestine looks good from here. Congrats on 150!


Thanks youwashock! Getting closer to Celestine you can see where there's to much paint or something not built properly. But overall it's such a nice model, it is nigh impossible to ruin it Already have started to assemble a fleet of cars at a discount store. I only had three childhood cars available and my kids would probably object if I snatched their Hot Wheels I 'll post some pics in the near future, as soon as I've searched through my bitz box and have started work on the cars.

Captain Brown wrote:Viterbi,

Sisters are looking quite nice, and such a unique colour scheme.

Cheers,

CB


Thanks Captain Brown!

And I posted this list in the "your 2020 gaming plans" thread, but have slightly altered it and these a my building and painting goals for 2020:

Warhammer 40k/Kill Team

Goals:
Paint the last primed Space Marines (16 infantry models, 2 tanks and 1 dreadnought)
Build and paint the 5 intercessors, 5 incursors, 5 infiltrators, 5 hellblasters and 3 aggressors still on sprue
Start a sisters army, army box is already in progress and I will first add (probably) 2 seraphim and 2 zephyrim squads to that to build an angelic host led by celestine and her gemini
Paint the Rogue Trader Kill Team and terrain from the box
Finish the last 4 Blackstone Fortress Heroes
Build and paint the Combat Arena heroes
Paint Ghor Half-Horn
Build and paint Greyfax

Stretch Goals:
Build and paint an Adeptus Mechanicus Kill Team roster consisting of 10 Skitarii and 10 Sicarians
Paint my Kastelan Robots and their master
Strip my Adeptus Custodes and repaint them (or sell them)
Paint the rest of my deathwatch (app. 20 models)

Age of Sigmar/WarCry

Goals:
Build and paint at least 1.500 points of ogor mawtribes
Build and paint an Ossiarch Bonereapers WarCry Warband
Build and paint the WarCry terrain
Paint the already primed or WIP Kharadron Overlords models (3x Skyriggers, Lord Big Hat and the ironclad)

Stretch Goals:
Paint some of the already primed stormcast

Other stuff

Goals:
Paint Hellboy, Abe Sapien and Liz from the Hellboy Board Game
Convert 10 cars for Gaslands and build a little terrain or whatever will be needed for the track

Stretch Goals:
Paint the other heroes from the Hellboy Board Game

And I thought about gaming goals. Seeing as I play with three friends (of whom only one has real 40k/AoS armies), the goal is to introduce WarCry, so the other two can join with minimal effort/models and play with the one friend at least a few games 40k/AoS. Last year we managed only two games of 40k.
I want to introduce Gaslands and attempt to have everything game-ready, so none of my friends has to do anything initially.
For February I've already started planning a game night, where we want to play the Hellboy Board Game.
Last but not least I finally want to play Blackstone Fortress. I'm already nagging my wife for a few weeks, it can't be long now until she falters

And because everything is better with pics and I loved how gobert sorted his upcoming projects, I put everything out and in heaps I want to tackle first. Gonna be a nice feeling, when the table and desk are getting clear over time.

Table from left to right:
Kharadron Overlords
Primaris Infantry
Sisters of Battle Army Box
Starstrider Kill Team
Ogor Gluttons
Hellboy Heroes
BSF Heroes
Combat Arena Heroes (red sprue)
Corvus Cabal Warband
WarCry Terrain

[Thumb - IMG_1024.jpeg]

[Thumb - IMG_1025.jpeg]

[Thumb - IMG_1026.jpeg]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/01/01 08:57:53


 
   
 
Forum Index » Dakka P&M Blogs
Go to: