Switch Theme:

Militarum Tempestus Tactica — 8th Edition  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in gb
Junior Officer with Laspistol

Manchester, UK

Kdash wrote:
It's worth noting and being prepared for the fact that you won't be able to use the Drop Force detachment if you chose one of the new regiments. Like how you can't use the Imperial Fists one even if you are a successor Chapter.

I don't believe that is going to be a thing. You don't lose the original Militarum Tempestus keyword, you gain the new <Tempestus Regiment> in addition to it. So the detachment will still be Militarum Tempestus, and have access to the drop force. Unless it is FAQed away of course, which could happen.

The Tvashtan 422nd "Fire Leopards" - Updated 19/03/11

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor

Made in us
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot

Iowa

 Trickstick wrote:
Kdash wrote:
It's worth noting and being prepared for the fact that you won't be able to use the Drop Force detachment if you chose one of the new regiments. Like how you can't use the Imperial Fists one even if you are a successor Chapter.

I don't believe that is going to be a thing. You don't lose the original Militarum Tempestus keyword, you gain the new <Tempestus Regiment> in addition to it. So the detachment will still be Militarum Tempestus, and have access to the drop force. Unless it is FAQed away of course, which could happen.

No. Unless Scions now get both the Stormtroopers doctrine and one of the new ones, if you take one of the new regimental doctrines, you are technically not taking a Militarum Tempestus detachment till they change it.
[Thumb - CCD0F8F9-A36A-42F7-B238-77D8999D715F.png]

If the truth can destroy it, then it deserves to be destroyed.

 Apple Peel wrote:
No. Unless Scions now get both the Stormtroopers doctrine and one of the new ones, if you take one of the new regimental doctrines, you are technically not taking a Militarum Tempestus detachment till they change it.

I should have known, there is always a random FAQ to worry about.

 Trickstick wrote:
 Apple Peel wrote:
No. Unless Scions now get both the Stormtroopers doctrine and one of the new ones, if you take one of the new regimental doctrines, you are technically not taking a Militarum Tempestus detachment till they change it.

I should have known, there is always a random FAQ to worry about.

Be sure to send an email to the FAQ team when the book comes out.

If the truth can destroy it, then it deserves to be destroyed.

Made in ie
Regular Dakkanaut

Has anyone considered a Tempestus Battalion with maxed out plasma, backed up by a spearhead detachment of Commissar lending LD9 to 9 mortar teams?

Mortars clear out screens and then the drop troops come down.

This is cheap enough that you could throw in some serious heavy hitters alongside, like a few tanks or a knight and two helverins.

I'm trying to figure out the foundations of a list and build in 500pt blocks.

Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut

I just figured out what the blessed bolter does and how it might be legal. "snip" ...The units listed below can be included in a Militarum Tempestus Detachment, despite not having the Militarum Tempestus keyword. In addition, they do not prevent other units in that Detachment from gaining a Regimental Doctrine. Note, however, that the units listed below can never themselves benefit from a Regimental Doctrine. "snip" ...
Several units can take bolters on that list, including an index version of the ministerium priest, and of course a commisar or lord commisar. There is specific wording that permits you to issue the relic bolter to a model in that detachment that being "If your army is led by a Warlord in a Militarum Tempestus Detachment, you can give one of the following Relics to a Character model in a Militarum Tempestus Detachment from your army instead of givin"g them a Relic from Codex: Astra Militarum.

Ergo, any army led by a warlord in a militarum tempestes detachment can issue the bolter relic to a character in that detachment, right? It doesn't say "a regimental doctrine character" ... it just says a character.
Getting a relic isn't the same as benefiting from a doctrine -- the wording is that the auxilla can join the detachment but not get a doctrine, so it seems they can get relics as a model in that detachment (even though they have no doctrine benefit of their own).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/02/13 10:36:09

Guard gaurd gAAAARDity Gaurd gaurd.

Made in gb
Junior Officer with Laspistol

Manchester, UK

Dukeofstuff wrote:
I just figured out what the blessed bolter does and HOW its legal. "snip" ...The units listed below can be included in a Militarum Tempestus Detachment, despite not having the Militarum Tempestus keyword. In addition, they do not prevent other units in that Detachment from gaining a Regimental Doctrine. Note, however, that the units listed below can never themselves benefit from a Regimental Doctrine. "snip" ...
[...]

Except the relic states "9th Iotan Gorgonnes model equipped with a boltgun only", and none of those models have that faction keyword.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/02/13 10:26:38

The Tvashtan 422nd "Fire Leopards" - Updated 19/03/11

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor

Made in fi
Locked in the Tower of Amareo

Banville wrote:
Has anyone considered a Tempestus Battalion with maxed out plasma, backed up by a spearhead detachment of Commissar lending LD9 to 9 mortar teams?

Mortars clear out screens and then the drop troops come down.

This is cheap enough that you could throw in some serious heavy hitters alongside, like a few tanks or a knight and two helverins.

I'm trying to figure out the foundations of a list and build in 500pt blocks.

What use the LD9 would be? They are 3 model units so even with 2 casualties odds of running isn't that big deal. Orders to reroll hit would be bigger deal.

2024 painted/bought: 109/109

Made in gb
Hardened Veteran Guardsman

Banville wrote:
So what are people's thoughts on Jackals vs Dragoons? They seem like the two stand-out doctrines for what are, effectively glass cannon units.

The only thing about the morale thing is it won't work against fearless stuff. The extra AP trait, I've discounted already as i think Tempestus already have enough AP. Is the extra 6 inch range the one with the most utilty?

Firm disagree on the lions, that extra point of AP is pretty significant, vehicle's and meq's are now on a 6+ save vs hotshots, teq's on a 5+. With plasma teq's are on a 6+ and vehicle's and meq's don't get a save at all. Invun saves don't care yeah, but an awful lot of stuff in this game don't get invuns so your scions are now much more lethal against all of those.

Add on to that their relic and warlord trait are both really good, 5++ aura gives your scions a chance at a second turn of shooting and if you drop them in cover your opponent will have to devote a fair bit of shooting to remove them. Reroll 1's aura frees up orders, affects every unit in 6" and means you can get multiple plasma/melta squads to both reroll 1's and reroll wounds against vehicle's/monsters without having to take the risk with laurels.

AP-3 hotshots and AP-4 plasma also both laugh at valorus hearts sisters and similar "ignore AP" traits.

Made in gb
Been Around the Block

Also... Does the Lamboan Lions trait give also -1AP to vehicles?

Babar_babar wrote:
Also... Does the Lamboan Lions trait give also -1AP to vehicles?

Yup, anything with the doctrine.

 Trickstick wrote:
Babar_babar wrote:
Also... Does the Lamboan Lions trait give also -1AP to vehicles?

Yup, anything with the doctrine.

That would make gatlin Tauroxes more reliable on killing infantry, with 2HSVG and a heavy sttuber is about 6 wounds to MEQ, 10 to orks, 12 to GEQ... not superbad if you are going full Scions. Some math on the offensive side (I do understand that a lemman is far more thought):

> Lamboan Lions Taurox + 2 HSVG + Gatling + Heavy Stuber: 116 points
> Cadian Leman Russ + Gatling + 3x heavy bolter: 161 points
> Cadian Tank Commander + Gatling + 3x heavy bolter: 196 points

VS MEQ:

Taurox: 6 wounds / 19.33 points per wound (116/6=19.33)
Leman: 6.6 wounds / 24.39 ppw
Comander: 9.2 wounds / 21.30 ppw

VS GEQ:

Taurox: 12 wounds / 9.667 ppw
Leman:12.6 wounds / 12.7778 ppw
Comander: 17.71 wounds / 11.07 ppw

VS ORK:

Taurox: 10 w / 11.6 ppw
Leman: 14 w / 11.5 ppw
Comander: 19.6 w / 10.0 ppw

So it does go pretty good against daka lemans in the offensive (even better when the objective is in cover)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/02/13 13:28:09

Made in us
Heroic Senior Officer

Western Kentucky

Kdash wrote:
the_scotsman wrote:
Well, these rules are interesting. I think the Dragons are the clear winners here. I would set up my army like this:

-Multiple Battalions (maybe 2, maybe 3 with maxed-size squads)

-MT Squads with no special weapons, 10-man as troops

-MT Command Squads with 4x Plasma Guns

-Warlord with the ignore cover warlord trait

-Someone with Laurels of Command

-Secondary warlord with the Vigilus Drop Force Warlord trait

-Half the army mounted up in Valkyries, half the army in deep strike

The gist of the strategy would be to drop out in clusters to pinpoint specific targets and take them out, while making yourself obnoxious with 10-man squads throwing out 4+ overwatch with the Dragons' stratagem. The main command would be First Rank/Second Rank on the 10-man squads to clear out infantry and MEQ, or Take Aim on a command squad to get them to not get hot on an overcharge.

Biggest Achilles heel of the list competitively would be flyers for sure, especially eldar flyers which plasma is allergic to. Best matchup would be MEQ - a 10-man Dragons squad with FRFSRF and the +1S strat is what, an 80 point unit that deals 9 wounds to MEQ?

It's worth noting and being prepared for the fact that you won't be able to use the Drop Force detachment if you chose one of the new regiments. Like how you can't use the Imperial Fists one even if you are a successor Chapter.

Not exactly sure what you're talking about. Drop force just requires militarum tempestus , it makes no mention to its <regiment> as a requirement. That'd be like saying you lost the vigilus tank company by taking a custom regiment, when all it really cares about is units with Leman Russ as the keyword.

'I've played Guard for years, and the best piece of advice is to always utilize the Guard's best special rule: "we roll more dice than you" ' - stormleader

"Sector Imperialis: 25mm and 40mm Round Bases (40+20) 26€ (Including 32 skulls for basing) " GW design philosophy in a nutshell

Made in us
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle

In My Lab

The thing is, the first point of AP matters a lot more than the second, and that matters more than the third, so on and so forth.

Against a TEQ...

AP0 deals 1/6 damage
AP-1 deals 2/6, or double damage
AP-2 deals 3/6, or a 50% increase
AP-3 deals 4/6, or a 33% increase

It's not useless, unless you're going up against invulns, but it's not as useful as you'd think.

Clocks for the clockmaker! Cogs for the cog throne!

Made in us
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot

Iowa

 MrMoustaffa wrote:
Kdash wrote:
the_scotsman wrote:
[...]

For the purposes of a TDF, you must have the Stormtroopers doctrine, per Vigilus Defiant FAQ.
[Thumb - 8177B496-A5D8-429C-9865-0B561DE4C27D.png]

If the truth can destroy it, then it deserves to be destroyed.

Made in gb
Hardened Veteran Guardsman

So, i decided to go and maths out the different doctrines shooting an overcharged plasma gun at a T8, 3+, 12W model just for a basic point of comparison between the different doctrines. All shots are made in consideration of the following buffs

Reroll 1's
Reroll failed wounds
Doctrine buff

Where appropriate i grouped the regiments together since their buffs are functionally identical on a graph.

https://tinyurl.com/tdvmvjt

Mean wounds per regiment
Kappic Eagles: 2.43
Gorgonnes/Eagles: 2.43
Lambdan Lions: 2.33
Stormtroopers: 2.32
Jackals/Dragons: 1.94

So, unsurprisingly +1 to hit is the most effective buff, followed very closely after by the additional hit regiments. I have to say I'm a little surprised, figured the fact that the lions just outright deny the save would put them a little higher up though it provides a fairly sizeable jump up from the jackals/dragons. Stormtroopers holds up surprisingly well as well. It's interesting to see that there's no real standouts math wise (if you exclude the relatively low chance of gorgonnes/eagles doing 5+ wounds).

Stepping away from the maths hammer for a second though is the fact that you gotta consider delivery methods and means of actually using the doctrines. Personal bias here but i've spent most of 8th playing against alaitoc and other hit modifier bs and have terrible luck with dice in general which leaves me distrustful of abilities 6+ conditional abilities, add on the targeting restrictions both regiments force on you (closest unit and half range) and it makes me hesitant to pick them. Kappic eagle's trait is good but practically will require valkiryes/vendatta's/tauroxes/chimera's to properly leverage which sucks up even more points in the lists and gives your opponent an opportunity to shut down the combo turn 1. Lions and dragons on the other hand always get the benefit of their traits, the extra point of AP on every weapon especially those which had none previously benefits every tempestus unit and you'll always get the benefit of it whatever you're targeting (invuns aside). Likewise the dragons trait may have less relative benefit to shooting but the extra 3"'s of rapid fire range on scion's primary weapon choices adds gives you a lot of flexibility in choosing how you use your scions that's hard to really quantify.

Tl:dr I'm leaning towards Lions/dragons because my rolls are garbage and they're the two least restrictive traits as they don't place limitations on your targeting to take advantage of them or require you to shell out for transports to actually use their trait and thus risk them getting stranded in the wrong part of the board turn 1.

Edit: interestingly enough against TEQ's +1 to hit, +1AP, and 6+ scores additional hits look to be functionally equivalent, all doing 2.52 mean wounds.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2020/02/13 20:05:35

Made in fi
Locked in the Tower of Amareo

The ap bonus isn't that great for plasma. If you take that doctrine volley gun for example is going to be better choise in general. 4 shots, better efficency on doctrine, cheaper, no need to get within 12" so enemy counterpunch isn't that effective.

2024 painted/bought: 109/109

Made in us
Storm Trooper with Maglight

Fredericksburg, VA

Lambdan Lions; full squad of 10 with 4 HSVGs. Drop in, use FRFSRF and the Stratagem, getting about 26 shots, looking at averaging 4 (ish) Mortal Wounds on a target. Quite a nasty surprise for someone I think.
Add in the Warlord with the reroll 1's trait, and you might squeeze out another MW potentially.

Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut

I'm thinking of potentially switching my Jackals to Lions, but the redeployment is soooooooo good.

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.

Made in gb
Hardened Veteran Guardsman

Since I already have stat engine set up, here's the rest of the scion special weapons at 9" shooting at T8 3+ save. Buffs as follows

Reroll Ones
Reroll failed wounds
Regimental doctrine
Rapid Fire (where applicable)

Volley Guns (target changed to T4 3+ and reroll failed wounds switched for reroll wound rolls of 1)
Spoiler:

https://tinyurl.com/vy63v33

Lamdan lions and kappic eagles are functionally identical here, however lions aren't paying for a transport and can reliably get both buffs with warlord + an order whereas the eagles have to pay for a transport and risk a 4+ on the laurels

Plasma

Melta
Spoiler:

https://tinyurl.com/wnwwnt3

To absolutely no one's surprise AP-5 melta's may as well be AP-4 ones with the lion's dropping down to the dragons/jackal's level of shooting

And of course, Hotshot lasguns (target changed to T4 3+ and reroll failed wounds switched for FRFSRF)
Spoiler:

https://tinyurl.com/uzsy2r4
Again to no one's surprise dragon's stand head and shoulders above everyone else due to actually being in rapid fire range on the drop. Lion's are once again functionally identical to the eagles.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/02/13 21:01:16

Made in us
Scuttling Genestealer

 Apple Peel wrote:
 Trickstick wrote:
Kdash wrote:
It's worth noting and being prepared for the fact that you won't be able to use the Drop Force detachment if you chose one of the new regiments. Like how you can't use the Imperial Fists one even if you are a successor Chapter.

I don't believe that is going to be a thing. You don't lose the original Militarum Tempestus keyword, you gain the new <Tempestus Regiment> in addition to it. So the detachment will still be Militarum Tempestus, and have access to the drop force. Unless it is FAQed away of course, which could happen.

No. Unless Scions now get both the Stormtroopers doctrine and one of the new ones, if you take one of the new regimental doctrines, you are technically not taking a Militarum Tempestus detachment till they change it.

I'm sure this will be FAQ'd away, but RAW, I think they actually do get both doctrines ... Storm Troopers is an Astra Militarum regimental doctrine, which is technically separate from the new Militarum Tempestus doctrines
That Vigilus FAQ was also made before <Tempestus Regiments> existed, so a FAQ/Errata is going to be needed either way.

But going through the steps, unless there's another FAQ I missed ...

  • If your army is Battle-forged, all <REGIMENT> units in an ASTRA MILITARUM Detachment (excluding those in Super-heavy Auxiliary Detachments) gain a Regimental Doctrine, so long as every unit in that Detachment (apart from the exceptions: Militarum Tempestus & Advisors and Auxilla rules) is drawn from the same regiment.
  • MILITARUM TEMPESTUS units can be included in an ASTRA MILITARUM Detachment without preventing other units in that Detachment from gaining a Regimental Doctrine. Note, however, that the MILITARUM TEMPESTUS units do not themselves benefit from any Regimental Doctrine unless every unit in that Detachment is from the Militarum Tempestus (in which case they will gain the Storm Troopers doctrine).

  • So a pure Militarum Tempestus regiment will gain the <Storm Troopers> regimental doctrine.

  • Militarum Tempestus units in your army gain the <Tempestus Regiment> keyword. When you include a unit with the <Tempestus Regiment> keyword in your army, you must nominate which Tempestus Regiment it is from, and then replace all instances of the <Tempestus Regiment> keyword on that unit's datasheet with the name of your chosen Tempestus Regiment. If your army contains any units with both the <Regiment> and <Tempestus Regiment> keywords, you must choose a different keyword to replace each of those keywords on those units' datasheets.
  • If your army is Battle-forged, all <Tempestus Regiment> units in a Militarum Tempestus Detachment gain a Regimental Doctrine selected from those presented above, so long as every unit in that Detachment has the same <Tempestus Regiment> keyword (excluding the Advisors and Auxilla mentioned below).

  • Now our Militarum Tempestus units gain an additional <Tempestus Regiment> keyword — note that it doesn't say this replaces the Astra Militarum regiment keyword, and in fact specifies if a unit has both <Regiment> and <Tempestus Regiment> keywords, to replace each of those with different keywords — i.e. <Storm Troopers> and <Iotan Dragons> — Storm Troopers is also not a <Tempestus Regiment> keyword.

    Now again, surely this will be FAQ'd away, but RAW this seems to be correct, lol.

    This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2020/02/13 21:34:40

    Made in us
    Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot

    Iowa

    If it does indeed work that way and we get both or the TDF gets FAQed to work on any Scion regiment, has anyone else realized that an Iotan Dragons Tempestus Drop Force unit would almost be suicide to charge?

    1 CP for Drilled to Perfection for the unit to have 4+ Overwatch and 1 CP for Aerial Fire Support from a TDF Valkyrie for 4+ Overwatch.

    If the truth can destroy it, then it deserves to be destroyed.

    Made in us
    Decrepit Dakkanaut

    How do people typically outfit their Valks? I've never really visited the AM Tactica thread and to be honest I don't think I've seen them competitively either...

     MarsNZ wrote:
    ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.

    Made in us
    Preacher of the Emperor

    Hanford, CA, AKA The Eye of Terror

    So let me get this straight, I can bring my Vultures, Thunderbolts, and Avengers to play and be able to use actual Stratagems on them? That hammerblow one would be amazing when combined with a hard hitting unit like a Vulture.

    I happen to have 8 taurox primes like some demented madwoman so I will be able to field a robust Eagles force!

    17,000 points (Valhallan)
    10,000 points
    6,000 points (Order of Our Martyred Lady)
    Proud Countess of House Terryn hosting 7 Knights, 2 Dominus Knights, and 8 Armigers
    Stormcast Eternals: 7,000 points
    "Remember, Orks are weak and cowardly, they are easily beat in close combat and their tusks, while menacing, can easily be pulled out with a sharp tug"

    -Imperial Guard Uplifting Primer

    Made in gb
    Hardened Veteran Guardsman

    Multi-Laser and missile pods is the preferred loadout I believe. Hellstrikes and the lascannon get really hurt by the fact they're 2 shots total at -1 to hit. With advanced countermeasure's and the lascannon dropping in price I guess there's an argument for taking the lascannon at least but you should always take the missile pods.

     generalchaos34 wrote:
    So let me get this straight, I can bring my Vultures, Thunderbolts, and Avengers to play and be able to use actual Stratagems on them? That hammerblow one would be amazing when combined with a hard hitting unit like a Vulture.

    I happen to have 8 taurox primes like some demented madwoman so I will be able to field a robust Eagles force!

    Shame they nerfed the vulture again then, 60 point twin punisher cannon is insane.

    This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2020/02/13 22:46:43

     gbghg wrote:
    Shame they nerfed the vulture again then, 60 point twin punisher cannon is insane.

    Yeah I just can't justify a 205 point Vulture now. Which is a shame, I love the model. The idea of having an advance Guard force with a single piece of air support feels really cool. It was probably the my favourite thing about the controversial novel Flesh and Iron.

     Trickstick wrote:
     gbghg wrote:
    Shame they nerfed the vulture again then, 60 point twin punisher cannon is insane.

    Yeah I just can't justify a 205 point Vulture now. Which is a shame, I love the model. The idea of having an advance Guard force with a single piece of air support feels really cool. It was probably the my favourite thing about the controversial novel Flesh and Iron.

    Might make the quite overcosted Thunderbolt look better. Im reaaaaaaaally hoping that they FAQ or at least fix some of the point costs on the FW weapons because stuff like lascannons and autocannons changed in price for regular guard but not for FW units in Chapter Approved (and on thunderbolts and Avengers it adds up quick). Not to mention it adds quite a bit of points to the much maligned and undeserved nerf ball that is the Vendetta gunship

    This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/02/13 22:57:50

    17,000 points (Valhallan)
    10,000 points
    6,000 points (Order of Our Martyred Lady)
    Proud Countess of House Terryn hosting 7 Knights, 2 Dominus Knights, and 8 Armigers
    Stormcast Eternals: 7,000 points
    "Remember, Orks are weak and cowardly, they are easily beat in close combat and their tusks, while menacing, can easily be pulled out with a sharp tug"

    -Imperial Guard Uplifting Primer

    Made in us
    Longtime Dakkanaut

    Although I am in a bit the minority, I load my valks up with twin heavy bolters, multiple rocket pods, and a lascannon, EACH, and make sure they are all in the drop detachment.

    I pull off that super overwatch roughly once per game with the 2 to 3 of them I field, but that is not the point. Basically, I have the equivalent of 12 Heavy bolter and 3 lascannon that I can use to clear that one pesky screen I know I want gone before I try to drop next turn, and the valkyries (especially the one with -1 while hovering) can make easy and full use of my astropaths to make all three birds quite resilient by early game standards. With those weapons on the bird, and plasma squads inside, most opponents at least TRY to shoot one down, and it sucks most of their side's fire in about half the time.

    But even with 1 woudn left on the bird, it can hover forward 20 inches, disgorge all its troops, fire all its weapons at +1 (so still the equivalent of only 1 bracket) at the ground, and then still overwatch for the ground troops on a 4+ (again, with everything.)

    If completely ignored, such a bird is a threat to damaged armor even at very remote locations, just by firing from hover, and they can really wreck infantry's day. (especially by the time three of them are firing in a wing, which is aroudn 36 s5/-1, and starts to really annoy someone whose screens just got scions all over them. The range on those guns, hover mode + central location and stop moving means they can basically pick up the spare, split firing to kill multiple wounded small or mid units all over the board, after the "big drop" hits. It just seems worth the difference in price, which is about 121 to about 147, to give it all that extra capability -- not every army even in this meta is simply marines hiding centurions in cover, and killing a few scouts on turn 1 can be utterly critical to prying open a landing zone on turn 2, and while they are in the thick of things, nothing can bad touch a flyer.

    This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2020/02/14 09:12:27

    Dukeofstuff wrote:
[...]

    Since the - 1 when hovering strat is before the battle can you not pay cps to have all your Valks with Advanced Countermeasures?

    Made in us
    Scuttling Genestealer

    Banville wrote:
    Dukeofstuff wrote:
[...]

    It doesn't say it's limited to once per battle, so yeah, if it follows the normal pre-game strategem rules then you can pay 1CP per Valkyrie.

    Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
    Go to: