Switch Theme:

Warhammer Online Preview: Finished  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





 Sasori wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
The only credence I would, personally, give to Hedonites as a possibility is because their book was widely considered OP at a mechanical level. We saw Blades of Khorne/Bloodbound get a similar 'quickfix' treatment.

I don't think it's time for Emperor's Children yet. And if it was, I doubt it would be tied to AoS mortal stuff.


I do admit, it is probably a lot more likely that we see Slaanesh mortals than Emps Children. Honestly, the Hedonite tome is a pretty boring battletome since it's basically built around summoning and not much else. I would love a rewrite of it, that included mortals. I would just think they'd save that mortal previews for a little further down the line, since it seems like an endgame situation for Broken Realms.


Broken realm end game is AOS v3. And at least 40k PA start was totally unrelated to the 9th ed. Wouldn\t read from start hints of end.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Voss wrote:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
I suspect the "Decay" part to be related to the bloody dozens of undead-themed rumor engines we've seen over the past several months

Maybe. Or the DG book we know about.


With like 2 weeks before it looks to be in store would feel weird to dedicate preview room for that. Week later would start regular previews.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/11/16 07:53:31


12 factions for Lord of The Rings
4663
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





tneva82 wrote:



Automatically Appended Next Post:
Voss wrote:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
I suspect the "Decay" part to be related to the bloody dozens of undead-themed rumor engines we've seen over the past several months

Maybe. Or the DG book we know about.


With like 2 weeks before it looks to be in store would feel weird to dedicate preview room for that. Week later would start regular previews.


it doesn't seem that strange, it will just depend on the amount of models that will be released with the codex. We already know 2 of them (hq and terrain)

 
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





When they have done twitch preview for models that would be previewed anyway WEEK later?

12 factions for Lord of The Rings
4663
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

 bullyboy wrote:
It's all a bit of a wet drip ending to the year really, and I doubt they will show anything really spectacular this Saturday either.


Wet Drip Ending? AoS just had a very favourably received campaign and lore book; Bloodbowl is getting a 3rd season; Necromunda is getting phyrrcats and just had another army book drop. Granted 40K has lagged a little with the necron and marine content, but its been a huge year for updates, especially for Necrons.

   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







 Overread wrote:
 bullyboy wrote:
It's all a bit of a wet drip ending to the year really, and I doubt they will show anything really spectacular this Saturday either.


Wet Drip Ending? AoS just had a very favourably received campaign and lore book


Well, unless your name is ERJAK, who seems to be allergic to the Morathi book for some reason.

2019 Plog - Dysartes Twitches - 2019 Output

My Twitch stream - going live at 7pm GMT Tuesday & Thursday, 12pm Sunday (work permitting).

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.
 
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





 Overread wrote:
 bullyboy wrote:
It's all a bit of a wet drip ending to the year really, and I doubt they will show anything really spectacular this Saturday either.


Wet Drip Ending? AoS just had a very favourably received campaign and lore book; Bloodbowl is getting a 3rd season; Necromunda is getting phyrrcats and just had another army book drop. Granted 40K has lagged a little with the necron and marine content, but its been a huge year for updates, especially for Necrons.


Unless there's new edition and 100's of new models all the time some people are never happy.

12 factions for Lord of The Rings
4663
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in gb
Frenzied Berserker Terminator




This thread has me flummoxed.

GW told us there is a coin each month themed around the key release, the first 3, in order, are Daughter of Khaine, Death Guard and Hedonites of Slaanesh.

We have a "decay and decadence" preview.

Death guard = decay, hedonites = decadence.

Why all the posts about sigmar undead and emperors children, it's not like they've been subtle.

If you want to extrapolate slightly, the fact the coin is keyed to the main release tells us death guard probably have the most substantial release for December, more than 1 character and a piece of terrain as currently assumed.

Edit, image of the coins in case people missed them:
Spoiler:




This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2020/11/16 11:57:32


 
   
Made in gb
Battlefield Professional




Nottingham, England

Deathguard will literally be book. Cards, hq and terrain, plus a combat patrol.

I suspect t the preview is going to be DG, Hedonites, Xmas boxes (which usually launch week before Christmas ; this year I suspect first week in December preorder as the Courier Crunch looms like a Christmas bogeyman .......
   
Made in gb
Frenzied Berserker Terminator




 TwilightSparkles wrote:
Deathguard will literally be book. Cards, hq and terrain, plus a combat patrol.

I suspect t the preview is going to be DG, Hedonites, Xmas boxes (which usually launch week before Christmas ; this year I suspect first week in December preorder as the Courier Crunch looms like a Christmas bogeyman .......


What's in the combat patrol since it can't be the dark imperium half and 2 HQ's and a fast attack don't have models you can buy?
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





Dudeface wrote:
This thread has me flummoxed.

GW told us there is a coin each month themed around the key release, the first 3, in order, are Daughter of Khaine, Death Guard and Hedonites of Slaanesh.

We have a "decay and decadence" preview.

Death guard = decay, hedonites = decadence.

Why all the posts about sigmar undead and emperors children, it's not like they've been subtle.

If you want to extrapolate slightly, the fact the coin is keyed to the main release tells us death guard probably have the most substantial release for December, more than 1 character and a piece of terrain as currently assumed.



Oddity with DG in twitch preview is that even without twitch preview we would be only 8 days from seeing all the DG stuff anyway. Not much of a preview. So far twitch previews have been more than week ahead previews.

We also know there's death models to AOS inbound and it starts to be about time something should be heard of them. Plus death and decay go together.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/11/16 12:21:22


12 factions for Lord of The Rings
4663
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in gb
Frenzied Berserker Terminator




tneva82 wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
This thread has me flummoxed.

GW told us there is a coin each month themed around the key release, the first 3, in order, are Daughter of Khaine, Death Guard and Hedonites of Slaanesh.

We have a "decay and decadence" preview.

Death guard = decay, hedonites = decadence.

Why all the posts about sigmar undead and emperors children, it's not like they've been subtle.

If you want to extrapolate slightly, the fact the coin is keyed to the main release tells us death guard probably have the most substantial release for December, more than 1 character and a piece of terrain as currently assumed.



Oddity with DG in twitch preview is that even without twitch preview we would be only 8 days from seeing all the DG stuff anyway. Not much of a preview. So far twitch previews have been more than week ahead previews.

We also know there's death models to AOS inbound and it starts to be about time something should be heard of them. Plus death and decay go together.


If death guard are middle of December then it might be more than 8 days, it could reasonably still be a month out now.
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Decay could and probably is death guard. But we have the "zombie" looking tree silhouette teased. And all the vampire themed rumor engines, with even a little tease in the new Morathi book about vampire like characters. So it could easily be a tease to them. It's not like we're expecting more Death Guard models, besides the terrain and the new HQ guy. Unless GW re-releases all the OOP models from DI
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 GaroRobe wrote:
Decay could and probably is death guard. But we have the "zombie" looking tree silhouette teased. And all the vampire themed rumor engines, with even a little tease in the new Morathi book about vampire like characters. So it could easily be a tease to them. It's not like we're expecting more Death Guard models, besides the terrain and the new HQ guy. Unless GW re-releases all the OOP models from DI

The 'silhouette' was a Sylvaneth related item more likely than anything else.

The rumor engines seemed tied to more WarCry or Underworlds.
   
Made in is
Wicked Warp Spider




Iceland

 GaroRobe wrote:
Decay could and probably is death guard. But we have the "zombie" looking tree silhouette teased. And all the vampire themed rumor engines, with even a little tease in the new Morathi book about vampire like characters. So it could easily be a tease to them. It's not like we're expecting more Death Guard models, besides the terrain and the new HQ guy. Unless GW re-releases all the OOP models from DI


Well, if they don't re-release the DI models there is going to be some gap in the Death Guard line as a few heroes are only available in the DI box. Maggotkin of Nurgle is also a very old book that needs to be updated in AoS.

I imagine we'll see:

- Mortal Warriors of Slaanesh. May end up being kits available in 40k like Tzaangores were.
- Death Guard and Maggotkin kits and/or book.
- The next Broken Realm book that may involve Maggotkin(and maybe Slaanesh).
- What Xenos book will come out with the Dark Angels in January. My bet is Drukhari.
- The next two books after DA and Drukhari will be teased.

The big girl bet is Emperor's Children, but I wouldn't put much money on that as I feel they'd build it more around another big event(LVO/NOVA)

Craftworlds | Drukhari | Dark Angels | Necrons || Tyranids | Death Guard | Sisters of Battle | Chaos Knights

Daughters of Khaine | Blades of Khorne | Stormcast Eternals | Flesh-Eater Courts | Idoneth Deepkin | The Legion of Chaos Ascendant
 
   
Made in de
Poisonous Tomb Scorpion






I like the decadence part of the preview's title. I hope we get lots of shiny Slaaneshi mortals out of it.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in gb
Frenzied Berserker Terminator




 GaroRobe wrote:
Decay could and probably is death guard. But we have the "zombie" looking tree silhouette teased. And all the vampire themed rumor engines, with even a little tease in the new Morathi book about vampire like characters. So it could easily be a tease to them. It's not like we're expecting more Death Guard models, besides the terrain and the new HQ guy. Unless GW re-releases all the OOP models from DI


I definitely am expecting a bit more from the DG release since you can't buy a myphitic blight hauler, lord of corruption or malignant plague caster any more.

There's still 1-2 unresolved rumour engine photos of nurgle stuff including a power fist iirc.
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

Something worth mentioning with regards to potential AoS/40k crossovers for Nurgle is there are a few things we've had in the orders of battle but nothing in-game yet.

We've had Pestigors and Maggoths both mentioned in 40k and AoS. Maggoths are the creature that is used as mounts for the three 'lords' that came with End Times(Morbidex Twiceborn, Bloab Rotspawned, and Orghotts Daemonspew) but are also mentioned as being used as warbeasts. A Maggoth with no rider could be the Behemoth option for Maggotkin and a large 'beastie' for Death Guard or Daemons of Nurgle forces, since they were apparently used in the DG invasion of the Ultramar system.

Additionally, given the tease we've had of the new Dryad looking item? I'm expecting Broken Realms: Alarielle to be the next entry in that series. Nurgle plays a big role as to what is going on in the Realm of Life and the continent of Kurnotheal(Kurnoth/Orion's old 'hunting grounds' that was kept stocked with Beastmen flowing out of Ghur) is still an active Nurgle hotspot in Ghyran.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/11/16 13:52:02


 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Dudeface wrote:
 GaroRobe wrote:
Decay could and probably is death guard. But we have the "zombie" looking tree silhouette teased. And all the vampire themed rumor engines, with even a little tease in the new Morathi book about vampire like characters. So it could easily be a tease to them. It's not like we're expecting more Death Guard models, besides the terrain and the new HQ guy. Unless GW re-releases all the OOP models from DI


I definitely am expecting a bit more from the DG release since you can't buy a myphitic blight hauler, lord of corruption or malignant plague caster any more.

There's still 1-2 unresolved rumour engine photos of nurgle stuff including a power fist iirc.


The powerfist is from the new Death Guard model they previewed a few weeks back. Unless there's another one
   
Made in gb
Frenzied Berserker Terminator




 GaroRobe wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
 GaroRobe wrote:
Decay could and probably is death guard. But we have the "zombie" looking tree silhouette teased. And all the vampire themed rumor engines, with even a little tease in the new Morathi book about vampire like characters. So it could easily be a tease to them. It's not like we're expecting more Death Guard models, besides the terrain and the new HQ guy. Unless GW re-releases all the OOP models from DI


I definitely am expecting a bit more from the DG release since you can't buy a myphitic blight hauler, lord of corruption or malignant plague caster any more.

There's still 1-2 unresolved rumour engine photos of nurgle stuff including a power fist iirc.


The powerfist is from the new Death Guard model they previewed a few weeks back. Unless there's another one


Right you are
   
Made in is
Wicked Warp Spider




Iceland

Dudeface wrote:
 GaroRobe wrote:
Decay could and probably is death guard. But we have the "zombie" looking tree silhouette teased. And all the vampire themed rumor engines, with even a little tease in the new Morathi book about vampire like characters. So it could easily be a tease to them. It's not like we're expecting more Death Guard models, besides the terrain and the new HQ guy. Unless GW re-releases all the OOP models from DI


I definitely am expecting a bit more from the DG release since you can't buy a myphitic blight hauler, lord of corruption or malignant plague caster any more.

There's still 1-2 unresolved rumour engine photos of nurgle stuff including a power fist iirc.


The Myphitic Blight-Hauler is still available and is easy to build. Malignant Plaguecaster, Lord of Corruption, and Noxius Blightbringer are the only ones missing so far.

Craftworlds | Drukhari | Dark Angels | Necrons || Tyranids | Death Guard | Sisters of Battle | Chaos Knights

Daughters of Khaine | Blades of Khorne | Stormcast Eternals | Flesh-Eater Courts | Idoneth Deepkin | The Legion of Chaos Ascendant
 
   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






First teaser image.

Dark Elf or Dark Eldar aesthetic. Could even be Slaaneshi

[Thumb - 5FF325A7-3CC5-4B72-81CA-DB5A699CED45.jpeg]


Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives?Why not join us?

Please note that when I refer to Rogue Trader background, it’s not a Nerd Flex. I just really enjoy it, and like to compare it. You be the judge of which you prefer. 
   
Made in us
Sword-Bearing Inquisitorial Crusader





This one looks pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to the new Underworlds preview, as Direchasm is already revealed, everything now that we see will be entirely new.

My guess is we'll get the following for previews:

AoS: Slaanesh Mortals (A Dual infantry kit, Slaangors, possibly a character, and the newborn).
40k: Death Guard (which my guess will be nothing more than the new character, the new terrain, and a glance at the book. A quick look at the new combat patrol and new book. Also I think it's possible we might see a bit more on the whatever that Kill Team preview was about.
Underworlds: Probably a look at the first two new Warbands beyond the starter.
Necromunda: Van Saar stuff
Middle-Earth: Really no idea - lots of directions they could go.


 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
First teaser image.

Dark Elf or Dark Eldar aesthetic. Could even be Slaaneshi


Ehh...doesn't really feel Slaanesh. Feels more Shadowblade-y if it's AoS...because it feels more Drukhari in general.
   
Made in us
Sword-Bearing Inquisitorial Crusader





 Kanluwen wrote:
 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
First teaser image.

Dark Elf or Dark Eldar aesthetic. Could even be Slaaneshi


Ehh...doesn't really feel Slaanesh. Feels more Shadowblade-y if it's AoS...because it feels more Drukhari in general.


Yeah, that shoulder plate looks very much like a Kabalite one.


 
   
Made in is
Wicked Warp Spider




Iceland

 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
First teaser image.

Dark Elf or Dark Eldar aesthetic. Could even be Slaaneshi



My bet is Drukhari. All too similar shoulder pad to the existing kits.

Craftworlds | Drukhari | Dark Angels | Necrons || Tyranids | Death Guard | Sisters of Battle | Chaos Knights

Daughters of Khaine | Blades of Khorne | Stormcast Eternals | Flesh-Eater Courts | Idoneth Deepkin | The Legion of Chaos Ascendant
 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Lelith is coming, so I guess Drukhari works. I just figured it would be a "Here's a new model and nothing else" release
   
Made in de
Bush? No, Eldar Ranger






(ninja'd)

Yeah. Drukhari as the next Xenos codex, alongside the new Lelith mini they teased a while ago? Seems a safe bet. I wonder about any kind of updated/new unit. The knife / shoulder pad on the teaser image kinda suggests wyches, but these don't really need a new kit ...?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/11/16 15:38:05


~~~ I Love The Power Glove. It's So Bad. ~~~ 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





They don't use shoulder pads or knives that small, but a wild guess could be Mandrakes. They wear rags and that's the kind of vibe I'm picking up from the picture.
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

As someone else pointed out, the pauldron feels more Kabalite than anything else.

I wouldn't be shocked if there's a 'lieutenant'/mid-tier HQ coming for the Kabalites.
   
Made in us
Sword-Bearing Inquisitorial Crusader





 Kanluwen wrote:
As someone else pointed out, the pauldron feels more Kabalite than anything else.

I wouldn't be shocked if there's a 'lieutenant'/mid-tier HQ coming for the Kabalites.


My best buddy plays Drukhari and I’m guessing having a mid-tier HQ would be something he would be all over. They really don’t have a lot of non-unique character choices.


 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: