Switch Theme:

Halo everybody!  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Prescient Cryptek of Eternity






 Some_Call_Me_Tim wrote:
I read the title of this post in a certain way and all I could think of was “Hi Dr. Nick!”
The plastic glue must be getting to me.


You’re totally fine because that was my exact thought/inspiration when I titled the thread, though it’s not an exact quote. In fact now that that cat’s out of the bag everyone is required to read the thread title in Dr Nick’s voice.

 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





The Battle Barge Buffet Line

I'm both a bit surprised and impressed that they're using partial practical effects augmented by cgi in the show.



We Munch for Macragge! FOR THE EMPRUH! Cheesesticks and Humus!
 
   
Made in us
Prescient Cryptek of Eternity






An entire episode where the actual Master Chief doesn’t make a single appearance? Brilliant!

 
   
Made in us
Secret Force Behind the Rise of the Tau




USA

 AduroT wrote:
An entire episode where the actual Master Chief doesn’t make a single appearance? Brilliant!


Give the people what they want!

   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut



London

He is only allowed on screen without his helmet so everyone can have their imagination crushed without mercy.
   
Made in pl
Huge Hierodule





 AduroT wrote:
An entire episode where the actual Master Chief doesn’t make a single appearance? Brilliant!

He does make an appearance - in a dream but still Also at least now we know that Kwan's storyline was not entirely pointless.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/05/05 13:27:24


 
   
Made in us
Prescient Cryptek of Eternity






 Shadow Walker wrote:
 AduroT wrote:
An entire episode where the actual Master Chief doesn’t make a single appearance? Brilliant!

He does make an appearance - in a dream but still Also at least now we know that Kwan's storyline was not entirely pointless.


That’s why I said no Actual master chief, just a voiceless hallucination.

 
   
Made in pl
Huge Hierodule





Finished the last episode, and already cannot wait to see the next season. Really enjoyed the series, and hopefully it will not dissapoint in the future. Together with the Peacemaker, it was the best fiction TV so far this year for me.
   
Made in es
Inspiring SDF-1 Bridge Officer






I haven't got around to watch from ep 06 onwards, it just didn't really grab me.
   
Made in us
Prescient Cryptek of Eternity






I’ll trust the people who are Halo fans when they says it’s not a good Halo series, but yeah, I did enjoy it as a sci-fi series. Hope it gets a second season despite the vocal poor reception because they definitely leave some loose threads.

 
   
Made in pl
Huge Hierodule





 AduroT wrote:
Hope it gets a second season despite the vocal poor reception because they definitely leave some loose threads.

2nd season is confirmed.
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





The Battle Barge Buffet Line

Yeah, they approved/announced the second season before the first episode aired iirc. Gotta keep the content churn coming for streaming after all and figure it out as you go along I suppose.

We Munch for Macragge! FOR THE EMPRUH! Cheesesticks and Humus!
 
   
Made in gb
Never Forget Isstvan!






It ain't Halo that's for sure. Someone's own SciFi story, absolutely but the only Halo in there is the names and some designs.
Just so much of it is pain. I'm not even really into Halo anymore and the decisions the showrunners and writers made just make me cringe.
   
Made in ca
Gargantuan Gargant






This legit feels like it was some generic sci fi TV show that was rejected and salvaged only to slap the Halo brandname on as a way to sell it since it wouldn't have the built-in audience otherwise. I really question the need for master chief going at it with a sex scene with Cortana watching, I feel like alongside him taking off his helmet, we're watching an entirely different character and they're trying to bring in some attempt at GoT risque stuff without going all in on the interspecies loving with Brutes. -1/10 would not watch another season again.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/05/21 03:07:58


 
   
Made in us
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain






A Protoss colony world

Yeah, I didn't really think we needed Chief to get laid in the series. We didn't need to see his ass either, yet they insisted on showing us that too. Hell, Chief spent more time with his helmet off than he did with it on, and that is a mistake (note that this was NOT the case with The Mandalorian, and that show was overwhelmingly well received). Also, nowhere near enough of the Spartans kicking Covenant ass and taking names, that last episode notwithstanding.

That being said, I overall did enjoy the series, and I'm looking forward to season 2. Maybe we'll actually see them go to the Halo, and even fight the Flood or something.

My armies (re-counted and updated on 4/26/22, including modeled wargear options):
Dark Angels: ~18000 | Space Marines (Blood Ravens and others): ~900 | Space Wolves: ~5000
Astra Militarum: ~800 | Adeptus Custodes: ~1100 | Imperial Knights: ~1300 | Sisters of Battle: ~4300
Check out my P&M Blogs: ZergSmasher's P&M Blog | Imperial Knights blog | Total models painted in 2021: 114 | Total models painted in 2022: 18 | Current main painting project: Imperial Knights
 Mr_Rose wrote:
Who doesn’t love crazy mutant squawk-puppies? Eh? Nobody, that’s who.
 
   
Made in us
Prescient Cryptek of Eternity






Were the worm things they attacked the human ship with not Flood? I don’t remember much about them, though I know they’re not supposed to work for the Covenant.

 
   
Made in pl
Huge Hierodule





 AduroT wrote:
Were the worm things they attacked the human ship with not Flood? I don’t remember much about them, though I know they’re not supposed to work for the Covenant.

Aren't they Lekgolo worms?
   
Made in us
Inspiring SDF-1 Bridge Officer






 Grimskul wrote:
This legit feels like it was some generic sci fi TV show that was rejected and salvaged only to slap the Halo brandname on as a way to sell it since it wouldn't have the built-in audience otherwise. I really question the need for master chief going at it with a sex scene with Cortana watching, I feel like alongside him taking off his helmet, we're watching an entirely different character and they're trying to bring in some attempt at GoT risque stuff without going all in on the interspecies loving with Brutes. -1/10 would not watch another season again.


Wait. What.
   
Made in gb
Never Forget Isstvan!






Noble Team dies and Reach falls because Master Chief has sex with a Covenant spy who is a prisoner of war, while Cortana watches and sends the recording to Dr. Halsey.
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





The Battle Barge Buffet Line

 Albertorius wrote:
 Grimskul wrote:
This legit feels like it was some generic sci fi TV show that was rejected and salvaged only to slap the Halo brandname on as a way to sell it since it wouldn't have the built-in audience otherwise. I really question the need for master chief going at it with a sex scene with Cortana watching, I feel like alongside him taking off his helmet, we're watching an entirely different character and they're trying to bring in some attempt at GoT risque stuff without going all in on the interspecies loving with Brutes. -1/10 would not watch another season again.


Wait. What.


She's not just a future USB stick in the "Silver Timeline" that slots into his armor. Apparently she's biotech goo injected directly into his cerebellum. So when he's having sex, she's along for the ride like an onlyfans sub. Unless she decides to flip the switch and take over of course.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
I can't help but feel that many of the issues would have been moot for some fans (including myself) if they had taken a hybrid JJtrek/Reach route where they had new characters to do with however they pleased and could fork into a new timeline so weren't beholden to the games. I'm not advocating messing with the same events but the Covenant War was a galactic conflict and there are likely tons of important events they could have filled in the gaps with during the decades long conflict.

The problem is that they wanted their freedom AND to piggyback directly off of the two decades worth of existing effort without having to stand on their own two feet in any way. I doubt as many people would have cared if Stewey-337 was a nudist spartan with a semi-incestuous relationship with an ONI scientist mentor and streamed his romantic escapades with a female Elite turncoat to a UNSC data analyst watching his every moves.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2022/05/21 12:46:47


We Munch for Macragge! FOR THE EMPRUH! Cheesesticks and Humus!
 
   
Made in us
Proud Triarch Praetorian





I stopped at episode 5 and planned on watching the rest of it later.

I don't think I am going to do that now.
   
Made in us
Prescient Cryptek of Eternity






 Gert wrote:
Noble Team dies and Reach falls because Master Chief has sex with a Covenant spy who is a prisoner of war, while Cortana watches and sends the recording to Dr. Halsey.


To be fair, she had decided to switch to Master Chief’s side at that point. She just later changed her mind when the other humans found out about that ship full of people she killed and were mad about it and tased her.

 
   
Made in gb
Never Forget Isstvan!






She was a Covenant spy and prisoner of war. Master Chief committed a warcrime under the Geneva Conventions.

Its still an absolutely awful moment in the show which itself was very bad.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2022/05/21 15:20:10


 
   
Made in gb
Never Forget Isstvan!






*Double post

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/05/21 15:19:39


 
   
Made in us
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain






A Protoss colony world

 Gert wrote:
She was a Covenant spy and prisoner of war. Master Chief committed a warcrime under the Geneva Conventions.

Its still an absolutely awful moment in the show which itself was very bad.

The Covenant weren't at Geneva and didn't sign the accords...

I'll see myself out.

My armies (re-counted and updated on 4/26/22, including modeled wargear options):
Dark Angels: ~18000 | Space Marines (Blood Ravens and others): ~900 | Space Wolves: ~5000
Astra Militarum: ~800 | Adeptus Custodes: ~1100 | Imperial Knights: ~1300 | Sisters of Battle: ~4300
Check out my P&M Blogs: ZergSmasher's P&M Blog | Imperial Knights blog | Total models painted in 2021: 114 | Total models painted in 2022: 18 | Current main painting project: Imperial Knights
 Mr_Rose wrote:
Who doesn’t love crazy mutant squawk-puppies? Eh? Nobody, that’s who.
 
   
Made in us
Inspiring SDF-1 Bridge Officer






 ZergSmasher wrote:
 Gert wrote:
She was a Covenant spy and prisoner of war. Master Chief committed a warcrime under the Geneva Conventions.

Its still an absolutely awful moment in the show which itself was very bad.

The Covenant weren't at Geneva and didn't sign the accords...

I'll see myself out.


I mean, neither was the UEG or ONI either
   
Made in us
Powerful Pegasus Knight






Man, this sounds fething hilarious, and I thought current Trek was bad. Reading up on it, it feels like this was someone's bad Mass Effect fanfiction that died and then got reused.
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





The Battle Barge Buffet Line

Considering the creatives on the show didn't play the Halo games, they may have made the same mistake thinking Master Chief was that video game scifi soldier who shags people in cutscenes repeatedly.

We Munch for Macragge! FOR THE EMPRUH! Cheesesticks and Humus!
 
   
Made in es
Inspiring SDF-1 Bridge Officer






Yeah, about that...

https://www.pcgamer.com/halo-co-creator-reacts-to-tv-series-not-the-halo-i-made/
   
Made in us
Secret Force Behind the Rise of the Tau




USA

Honest Trailers are even funnier when the product is actually something I find awful XD



   
 
Forum Index » Geek Media
Go to: