Switch Theme:

Age of Sigmar news & rumours : Malign Portents  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in se
Wolf Guard Bodyguard in Terminator Armor






What a great surprise that they would use that lionhead symbol on yet another stormcast hero.
I thought for sure it was a fishmen curveball.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




Hm. Looks like the latest painting guide by Duncan is a WHITE LION!!!! Ranger.
   
Made in de
Dakka Veteran






Cataphract wrote:
Hm. Looks like the latest painting guide by Duncan is a WHITE LION!!!! Ranger.


yeah, but the cloak looks more like a brown lion tbh ... one of the rare times I disagree with his choice of color

Grey Knights

Red Hunters  
   
Made in us
Loyal Necron Lychguard




Aright I think I got it.

So Dark Aelves are hinted at heavily and it is known that they have a nautical/C'thulu/swashbuckler type vibe. So possible that they might get ships of some sort?

But then, everyone else should get ships. Overlords are in the air so they're set. The lion rumor is clearly the prow of a Stormcast boat. Those anchor things that we saw a while back are some Death ship. The "tattered cloak" was really some sails.

AoS on the high seas!

And of course that can only mean one thing. No, not fishmen.

Grots on Sharks. The only logical conclusion.
   
Made in de
Experienced Maneater






Requizen wrote:
Aright I think I got it.

So Dark Aelves are hinted at heavily and it is known that they have a nautical/C'thulu/swashbuckler type vibe. So possible that they might get ships of some sort?

But then, everyone else should get ships. Overlords are in the air so they're set. The lion rumor is clearly the prow of a Stormcast boat. Those anchor things that we saw a while back are some Death ship. The "tattered cloak" was really some sails.

AoS on the high seas!

And of course that can only mean one thing. No, not fishmen.

Grots on Sharks. The only logical conclusion.

No, it means...

Age of Sigmar: Dreadfleet!!!!!!!!!!!!!


 
   
Made in us
Camouflaged Zero




Maryland

If they went full Spelljammer and gave every faction magic ships, I'd honestly be way more interested in the game.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." -Napoleon



Malifaux: Lady Justice
Infinity: &  
   
Made in gb
[MOD]
Et In Arcadia Ego





Canterbury

https://www.facebook.com/GWWarhammerAgeofSigmar/photos/a.452227281640737.1073741828.452117934985005/659865517543578/?type=3&theater




Since Warhammer Age of Sigmar was released, thousands of you have done battle in the Mortal Realms, helping to make the game what it is today. We want Warhammer Age of Sigmar to be even better, and you have the chance to help us - send us your questions and queries about the rules (post them below) and we'll make sure the design team know for the upcoming Warhammer Age of Sigmar FAQ.


[Thumb - aossos.jpg]


The poor man really has a stake in the country. The rich man hasn't; he can go away to New Guinea in a yacht. The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all
We love our superheroes because they refuse to give up on us. We can analyze them out of existence, kill them, ban them, mock them, and still they return, patiently reminding us of who we are and what we wish we could be.
"the play's the thing wherein I'll catch the conscience of the king,
 
   
Made in gb
Arch Magos w/ 4 Meg of RAM







Fyreslayer start collecting, oh myyyyyy gooooooodddddddd!!!!

Bye bye Dakkadakka, happy hobbying! I really enjoyed my time on here. Opinions were always my own :-) 
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka




I have gotten hooked on this game in the past couple of months, and it looks only to be getting better.
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 Bottle wrote:


Fyreslayer start collecting, oh myyyyyy gooooooodddddddd!!!!

Fyreslayers and Daemons of Slaanesh at least, but I don't recognize the middle off the top of my head.

At least I think the one to the right is Daemons of Slaanesh...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/07/09 18:31:55


 
   
Made in gb
Arch Magos w/ 4 Meg of RAM





Yep Slaanesh on the right and Beastclaw Raiders in the middle! :-)

Bye bye Dakkadakka, happy hobbying! I really enjoyed my time on here. Opinions were always my own :-) 
   
Made in gb
Fanatic with Madcap Mushrooms







Wooot Fyreslayers Start collect! Now!

   
Made in gb
Slashing Veteran Sword Bretheren






Liverpool

Slaanesh aint finished with ya boy!

Fury from faith
Faith in fury

Numquam solus ambulabis 
   
Made in ca
Fixture of Dakka





West Michigan, deep in Whitebread, USA

Wow, people might actually want to start Fyreslayers, now! A pretty neat looking army that's priced out of sight desperately that's been desperately needing at least a relatively cheap core to build on.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/07/09 19:10:41




"By this point I'm convinced 100% that every single race in the 40k universe have somehow tapped into the ork ability to just have their tech work because they think it should."  
   
Made in es
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain




Vigo. Spain.

The main reason no one (Hyperbole yeah) play Fireslayers is for the same reason many people don't start Genestealer Cults in 40k. They have one of the worst Point-Money ratio in all of the game. They are horde armies priced in real money as elite units. A SC! can help with that, but ideally GW could rebox them to 20-man boxes like Kairics.



EDIT: Ok, Aegis you have said the same thing after editing, I missunderstanded you!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2017/07/09 19:12:43


 Crimson Devil wrote:

Dakka does have White Knights and is also rather infamous for it's Black Knights. A new edition brings out the passionate and not all of them are good at expressing themselves in written form. There have been plenty of hysterical responses from both sides so far. So we descend into pointless bickering with neither side listening to each other. So posting here becomes more masturbation than conversation.

ERJAK wrote:
Forcing a 40k player to keep playing 7th is basically a hate crime.

 
   
Made in ca
Fixture of Dakka





West Michigan, deep in Whitebread, USA

Yeah, a Stormcast-style reboxing would help, too.



"By this point I'm convinced 100% that every single race in the 40k universe have somehow tapped into the ork ability to just have their tech work because they think it should."  
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 AegisGrimm wrote:
Wow, people might actually want to start Fyreslayers, now! A pretty neat looking army that's priced out of sight desperately that's been desperately needing at least a relatively cheap core to build on.

This is true. I will say though that the Magmadroth is one of the best hero kits available at the moment, at least assuming you do the Runeson or Runefather.

Build the mounted variant, there's parts left over for the dismounted variant and the Runesmiter.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Galas wrote:
The main reason no one (Hyperbole yeah) play Fireslayers is for the same reason many people don't start Genestealer Cults in 40k. They have one of the worst Point-Money ratio in all of the game. They are horde armies priced in real money as elite units. A SC! can help with that, but ideally GW could rebox them to 20-man boxes like Kairics.



EDIT: Ok, Aegis you have said the same thing after editing, I missunderstanded you!

Er what? Genestealer Cult got a pretty hefty playerbase in a relatively short time. The only units that really stick out, currently, price-wise are the Acolytes/Metamorphs.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/07/09 19:51:56


 
   
Made in au
Steadfast Grey Hunter




Would like to see Tzeentch arcanites get a start collecting so here's hoping.
   
Made in es
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain




Vigo. Spain.

Thats wasn't what I was talking about. But I have seen many people that just don't start a GSC army because how pricey they are.
But you are right, their problem hasn't been as hard as Fireslayers.

It helps too that in 7th GSC where really powerfull with alpha-strike ambush assault builds, but Fireslayers have been always pretty mid-tier.

 Crimson Devil wrote:

Dakka does have White Knights and is also rather infamous for it's Black Knights. A new edition brings out the passionate and not all of them are good at expressing themselves in written form. There have been plenty of hysterical responses from both sides so far. So we descend into pointless bickering with neither side listening to each other. So posting here becomes more masturbation than conversation.

ERJAK wrote:
Forcing a 40k player to keep playing 7th is basically a hate crime.

 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Armpit of NY

The Fyreslayers certainly have had it tough. Let's face it, the aesthetic of their design was divisive, provoking strong reactions, especially negative ones from some people. Then the prices were high for what you got in the boxes, in an army that needed a fairly sizable number of troops. And the rules were okay, but not amazing, and that discouraged people from making an investment in them as well.

It will be interesting to see what they come up with for a start collecting box, but I think as others do, that the Stormcast treatment will help them most - raise the price a little, but double up on the box contents for the infantry. I think the Magmadroth is a great kit, and one of the better values in large monster kits, as depending on how you build it, you can get a mounted hero and two more on foot out of it. I wish more kits had options like that for the unused bits.
   
Made in mx
Regular Dakkanaut




Xalapa, Veracruz, Mexico

Ok, the only SC! I'm sure we all can assume what will have is the Slaanesh one. 10 Daemonettes (BTW, few noticed it, but they where actually unavailable last month for like a week, today they are on a new box, with only round bases), 5 Seekers and 1 regular Seeker Chariot.

I guess we all can agree that the Fyreslayer one will include 10 Berzerkers, but Hearthguards are "elite", but, so far, every SC! kit has basic infantry, very few have elite infantry. I will assume that they will, however, because I'm totally sure that they will not drop the Magmadroth price to half of its price just to include it on a SC!. I'll say that they will include Grimwrath as the leader, given that the other two heroes on foot are more oriented to support instead of fighting in the front. And poor guy was not included on a single battalion in the original Fyreslayers Battletome.

The SC! that intrigues me is the Beastclaw one, because, well, they only have 2 plastic kits; the mammoth and the Mournfangs. No other SC! kit has had only 2 plastic kits.

But, given that the Ironblaster is mentioned as a Beastclaw miniature in Mighty Battles in an Age of Unending War, I'd assume that it could be included there. GW has mixed factions on the same box (Malignants and Skeleton Horde). That, or they'll include 2 mammoths to make both a Stonehorn and a Thundertusk, and two Mournfangs.

I don't think they will recast their finecrap models just yet.

I'd like to see more SC! kits, but three new kits are okay. I hope for Arcanites and Rotbringers by December, or early 2018.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2017/07/10 09:00:50


 
   
Made in us
Member of a Lodge? I Can't Say






CMLR wrote:
Ok, the only SC! I'm sure we all can assume what will have is the Slaanesh one. 10 Daemonettes (BTW, few noticed it, but they where actually unavailable last month for like a week, today hey are on a new box, with only round bases), 5 Seekers and 1 regular Seeker Chariot.

I guess we all can agree that the Fyrslayer one will include 10 Berzerkers, but Hearthguards are "elite", but, so far, every SC! kit has basic infantry, very few have elite infantry. I will assume that they will, however, because I'm totally sure that they will not drop the Magmadroth price to half of its price just to include it on a SC!. I'll say that they will include Grimwrath as the leader, given that the other two.

The SC! that intrigues me is the Beastclaw one, because, well, they only have 2 plastic kits; the mammoth and the Mourfangs. No other SC! kit has had only 2 plastic kits.

But, given that the Ironblaster is mentioned as a Beastclaw miniature in Mighty Battles in an Age of Unending War, I could assume that it could be included there. That, or they'll include 2 mammoths to make both a Stonehorn and a Thundertusk, and two Mourfangs.

I don't think they will recast their finecrap models just yet.

I'd like to see more SC! kits, but three new kits are okay. I hope for Arcanites and Rotbringers by December, or early 2018.


40k Orks has 10 boyz and 5 nobz.

I swear I'm not a paid shill for Anvil Industry. I’d be willing if they wanted to pay me.

"That's Warhammer 40,000 where instead of using Victory Points to determine the victor you roll a D6 and compare receipts. Highest total receipts wins. I'm not sure what the D6 is for." - Abadabadoobaddon, on Reciepthammer 40k

"I cross the void beyond the mind,” - The Doctor

"It's better to just roll a D6 and discount anything I say on a 3+" - NivlacSupreme, on himself and his sanity. 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

CMLR wrote:
Ok, the only SC! I'm sure we all can assume what will have is the Slaanesh one. 10 Daemonettes (BTW, few noticed it, but they where actually unavailable last month for like a week, today hey are on a new box, with only round bases), 5 Seekers and 1 regular Seeker Chariot.

I guess we all can agree that the Fyrslayer one will include 10 Berzerkers, but Hearthguards are "elite", but, so far, every SC! kit has basic infantry, very few have elite infantry. I will assume that they will, however, because I'm totally sure that they will not drop the Magmadroth price to half of its price just to include it on a SC!. I'll say that they will include Grimwrath as the leader, given that the other two.

And yet they have a Carnosaur in the Start Collecting Seraphon box, despite him having been the same price...

I expect the Fyreslayers box to be something like:
1x Auric Runemaster
1x Hearthguard
1x Berzerkers

The SC! that intrigues me is the Beastclaw one, because, well, they only have 2 plastic kits; the mammoth and the Mourfangs. No other SC! kit has had only 2 plastic kits.

But, given that the Ironblaster is mentioned as a Beastclaw miniature in Mighty Battles in an Age of Unending War, I could assume that it could be included there. That, or they'll include 2 mammoths to make both a Stonehorn and a Thundertusk, and two Mourfangs.

I don't think they will recast their finecrap models just yet.

Could be two boxes of Mournfangs and a Mammoth. That would still be a hell of a deal.

I'd like to see more SC! kits, but three new kits are okay. I hope for Arcanites and Rotbringers by December, or early 2018.

Rotbringers have to get a book first.

Given that we know there's a Death Guard release coming soon, I would expect to see Rotbringers not long after. Doubtful on a SC for them so quick though.
   
Made in gb
Pulsating Possessed Space Marine of Slaanesh





 Bottle wrote:


Fyreslayer start collecting, oh myyyyyy gooooooodddddddd!!!!
But Slaanesh is getting squated why would they waste money on a start collecting box for a soon to be dead faction (sarcasm)

Even though I've basically got more than enough slaanesh models with 40 seekers and 120 daemonettes. I'll get a start collecting box or two just too show games workshop that good old slaanesh has its supporters, hopfully the set will have a chariot would love to build myself a hellflayer or two.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/07/10 02:56:19


 
   
Made in mx
Regular Dakkanaut




Xalapa, Veracruz, Mexico

 NivlacSupreme wrote:
40k Orks has 10 boyz and 5 nobz.


Again:

CMLR wrote:
I guess we all can agree that the Fyrslayer one will include 10 Berzerkers, but Hearthguards are "elite", but, so far, every SC! kit has basic infantry, very few have elite infantry. I will assume that they will, however, because I'm totally sure that they will not drop the Magmadroth price to half of its price just to include it on a SC!. I'll say that they will include Grimwrath as the leader, given that the other two.


 Kanluwen wrote:
And yet they have a Carnosaur in the Start Collecting Seraphon box, despite him having been the same price...


Yes, the same price, no other SC! features models that are more expensive than the bundle itself.

Also, Carnosaurs costs $85/£50, but Magmadroths costs $110/£65, if you add one box of Berzerkers ($60/£35) and one of Hearthguard ($40/£25) on a same bundle, that would cost $210/£125 regularly. Those savings are just too extreme.

 Kanluwen wrote:
Could be two boxes of Mournfangs and a Mammoth. That would still be a hell of a deal.


Didn't think so, so far every single SC! has only the minimum number of models a unit can have (excluding Pestilens, but they are Skaven). That's why Saurus Warriors and Chaos Warriors come in dozen on their SC! And yet again, every single SC! has at least 3 different plastic kits included. I don't think GW will just stop doing that trend now.

Not only that, Mourfangs come in four per box, so that's $188/£116 regularly. Yet again the savings would be too high compared to any other SC!

 Kanluwen wrote:
Rotbringers have to get a book first.

Given that we know there's a Death Guard release coming soon, I would expect to see Rotbringers not long after. Doubtful on a SC for them so quick though.


That's why I said "December or early 2018". And Rotbringers don't need a Battletome first, as much as I'd like, given how Slaaneshi Hosts will not get a new book and their new AAs will be included in GHB2, as well as Fyreslayers getting their AAs there too. Also, they already have enough models to make one SC!: 1 Lord of Plagues, 5 Blightkings, and 1 Maggoth Lord.

Yet, we have to see plastic Nurgle beasts soon (and hopefully plastic GUOs too), I wouldn't doubt that Nurgle will get a new BT just like Tzeentchian and Khornate armies before 2018.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2017/07/10 07:00:50


 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

Every single other start collecting comes from a faction with more than two plastic kits though. If they ever were going to break the trend, it would probably be with the Beastclaw Raiders.
   
Made in jp
Longtime Dakkanaut





It is good to see that GW is continuing to do start collecting boxes. It will be interesting to see where they land with these. The sets so far have had a discount ranging from 20 to 50%. I hope these are on the generous end of the scale, especially the fyreslayers which is a notoriously expensive army to collect.

It is also interesting to see the approach that GW is tacking with army building for AOS. The fact that you can be up and playing with just a few models and continue to enjoy different experiences as you build your army is great
A bit more worrying is that ghb2 is still not out yet. I thought for sure that it would come out in July but it seems not. We may get it in August sandwiched between primaris and Deathguard but bringing the two AOS books out the other way round would seem like the smarter choice unless they are bringing out ghb2 alongside an army again.
   
Made in fr
Regular Dakkanaut





CMLR wrote:

Yes, the same price, no other SC! features models that are more expensive than the bundle itself.

Not wanting to take part in the discussion regarding content, just wanted to point the oddity that the Ironjaws SC was in Europe. As the Piggy Riders were actually sold 67€ individually while the SC they were part of was only 65€. Only occurrence I know of a SC featuring models that were more expensive than the bundle itself.
   
Made in de
Poisonous Tomb Scorpion






Yay start collecting Slaanesh. Shame the plastic range is so limited. The last thing I need is more horsies. Could be good for the chariots, but Slaaneshi daemons aren't so horridly priced that there will be any saving if you don't want all the models in the box. Might still be better to buy these individually.

Also, I'm not sure I'd agree with CMLR. 10 Daemonettes, 5 Seekers and a small chariot add up to 69€ in a 65€ start collecting box. That's not worth the effort. Got to be more to it than that, like twice the Daemonettes or a big chariot.

Good to see Fyreslayers, too. I have a friend who loves dwarves (and slayers specifically) but could never bring himself to even consider Fyreslayers at their current prices. Might be just what he was waiting for.

Chikout wrote:
It is good to see that GW is continuing to do start collecting boxes. It will be interesting to see where they land with these. The sets so far have had a discount ranging from 20 to 50%. I hope these are on the generous end of the scale, especially the fyreslayers which is a notoriously expensive army to collect.

It is also interesting to see the approach that GW is tacking with army building for AOS. The fact that you can be up and playing with just a few models and continue to enjoy different experiences as you build your army is great
A bit more worrying is that ghb2 is still not out yet. I thought for sure that it would come out in July but it seems not. We may get it in August sandwiched between primaris and Deathguard but bringing the two AOS books out the other way round would seem like the smarter choice unless they are bringing out ghb2 alongside an army again.


The next General's Handbook arriving later than exactly one year later doesn't surprise me. It was last year's big summer release in the time frame that is usually taken up by a new edition. Obviously in years when a new edition is released, that's way more important than a yearly balance fix to GW. I could see a release in August and that becoming the regular time for it in the next couple of years, but June and July are too important to GW as release slots for starter boxes. campaign sets and other big novelty items.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in us
Member of a Lodge? I Can't Say






Does anybody ever buy a Carnosaur? Why would you get one when for the same price when you can get some infantry as well as a Carnosaur.

I swear I'm not a paid shill for Anvil Industry. I’d be willing if they wanted to pay me.

"That's Warhammer 40,000 where instead of using Victory Points to determine the victor you roll a D6 and compare receipts. Highest total receipts wins. I'm not sure what the D6 is for." - Abadabadoobaddon, on Reciepthammer 40k

"I cross the void beyond the mind,” - The Doctor

"It's better to just roll a D6 and discount anything I say on a 3+" - NivlacSupreme, on himself and his sanity. 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: