Switch Theme:

How many of you are familiar with?  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Poll
What percentage of people in the 40k Community know of Aeronautica Imperialis?
100% Everyone has at least heard of it
75% Most players have heard of it
50% goes either way
25% Only a handful of people heard of it
0% The majority of 40k players have no idea what it is

View results
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Infiltrating Broodlord




New York

What percentage of the 40k community in the United States do you believe know about the Aeronautica Imperialis miniatures and gaming system?

Please vote or respond to this even if you don't know what Aeronautica Imperialis is.

1. Tyranids - 15,000 pts
2. Chaos Space Marines - 7,100 pts
3. Space Marines - 6,000 pts
4. Orks - 5,900 pts
5. Dark Angels - 4,300 pts
6. Necrons - 4,600 pts
7. Grey Knights - 3,200 pts
8. Eldar - 3,400 pts
9. Blood Angels - 3,200 pts
10. Chaos Daemons - 3,200 pts
11. Tau Empire - 3,000 pts
12. Space Wolves - 2,400 pts 
   
Made in us
Hellish Haemonculus






Boskydell, IL

What is it?

Welcome to the Freakshow!

(Leadership-shenanigans for Eldar of all types.) 
   
Made in us
Discriminating Deathmark Assassin




Roswell, GA

Wouldn't a yes or no be better?
   
Made in us
Douglas Bader






A handful at most. I have the books and it looks like an interesting game, but I've never seen anyone play it and most of the people who even know that it exists probably only know because I mentioned it. And since everything is OOP now (I had the bad luck of starting to invest in it right before FW killed the game) I doubt that will ever change.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Jimsolo wrote:
What is it?


Epic-scale air combat game that FW made. It's an interesting game that somehow manages to put the entire rules for playing it (including all army lists) into a few pages, and still have more strategic depth than 40k. GW could learn a lot of lessons from it, but they never will.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2015/05/22 03:37:27


There is no such thing as a hobby without politics. "Leave politics at the door" is itself a political statement, an endorsement of the status quo and an attempt to silence dissenting voices. 
   
Made in gb
Towering Hierophant Bio-Titan





Bristol, England

This is an odd poll unless you are specifically asking for people's perception of the game, although I'm not sure to what end? Wouldn't asking who has or hasn't heard of it have more value?
I've heard of it and played it but then I don't count as I'm in the UK.
I'd guess that less than 5% of players in the USA would have heard if it though. My guess is based on including all of the new players, little Jimmys, pure painters, Black library readers, in store only shoppers, GW staff indoctrinated to deny the existence of any op system etc.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2015/05/22 05:47:48


Oli: Can I be an orc?
Everyone: No.
Oli: But it fits through the doors, Look! 
   
Made in us
Using Object Source Lighting





Portland

 Alex Kolodotschko wrote:
although I'm not sure to what end?
He's in an argument on another forum.


My painted armies (40k, WM/H, Malifaux, Infinity...) 
   
Made in gb
Towering Hierophant Bio-Titan





Bristol, England

Sounds kinky, link please!

Oli: Can I be an orc?
Everyone: No.
Oli: But it fits through the doors, Look! 
   
Made in us
Infiltrating Broodlord




New York

 spiralingcadaver wrote:
 Alex Kolodotschko wrote:
although I'm not sure to what end?
He's in an argument on another forum.


Was that really necessary? The fact that I made this thread neutral to preserve poll integrity has now been sabotaged by you sir. Good job.

1. Tyranids - 15,000 pts
2. Chaos Space Marines - 7,100 pts
3. Space Marines - 6,000 pts
4. Orks - 5,900 pts
5. Dark Angels - 4,300 pts
6. Necrons - 4,600 pts
7. Grey Knights - 3,200 pts
8. Eldar - 3,400 pts
9. Blood Angels - 3,200 pts
10. Chaos Daemons - 3,200 pts
11. Tau Empire - 3,000 pts
12. Space Wolves - 2,400 pts 
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




 Akaiyou wrote:
 spiralingcadaver wrote:
 Alex Kolodotschko wrote:
although I'm not sure to what end?
He's in an argument on another forum.


Was that really necessary? The fact that I made this thread neutral to preserve poll integrity has now been sabotaged by you sir. Good job.


After seeing your behavior in the other forum it seems right to sabotage any and everything you try to do in the community. You make a boneheaded mistake but instead of taking it like a man you try and smear a good standing member of the community and cry that you got scammed because you fail at reading comprehension. I'd be ashamed of myself if I was you.
   
Made in gb
Hallowed Canoness





Between

Oops, screwed over your results by voting before reading you only wanted US votes. Should probably have put that in the poll question.



"That time I only loaded the cannon with powder. Next time, I will fill it with jewels and diamonds and they will cut you to shrebbons!" - Nogbad the Bad. 
   
Made in gb
Towering Hierophant Bio-Titan





Bristol, England

 Akaiyou wrote:
poll integrity has now been sabotaged by you sir. Good job.

Not sure how? Without a link to the argument or knowing what your stance is the poll remains as useful as it could ever be.
You must have been very naughty.

@ Wanchango, if you want to ruin the integrity of the thread then I'd provide this info!

Edit: Also as proven by Furyou Mike (who knows his way around a forum) people will have voted before reading the initial post or certainly before the second post.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2015/05/22 11:28:45


Oli: Can I be an orc?
Everyone: No.
Oli: But it fits through the doors, Look! 
   
Made in se
Glorious Lord of Chaos






Almost literally in the Phantom Zone.

I made my vote just to sabotage OP's poll. *Twirls moustache*

(Not that I know which result he wanted...)

Imagine that you’re sitting down to dinner with your family, and while everyone else gets a serving of the meal, you don’t get any. So you say “I should get my fair share.” And as a direct response to this, your dad corrects you, saying, “everyone should get their fair share.” Now, that’s a wonderful sentiment — indeed, everyone should, and that was kinda your point in the first place: that you should be a part of everyone, and you should get your fair share also. However, dad’s smart-!@# comment just dismissed you and didn’t solve the problem that you still haven’t gotten any!

The problem is that the statement “I should get my fair share” had an implicit “too” at the end: “I should get my fair share, too, just like everyone else.” But your dad’s response treated your statement as though you meant “only I should get my fair share”, which clearly was not your intention. As a result, his statement that “everyone should get their fair share,” while true, only served to ignore the problem you were trying to point out.

That is why we need feminism, and why I am not simply egalitarian. 
   
Made in dk
Servoarm Flailing Magos






Metalica

Are you making a poll for us to vote on whether we think someone else knows about something?

I don't know what it is, and this is the dumbest thought out poll I have ever seen.


 
   
Made in gb
Towering Hierophant Bio-Titan





Bristol, England

Furyou Miko wrote:Oops, screwed over your results by voting before reading you only wanted US votes.

Ashiraya wrote:I made my vote just to sabotage OP's poll. *Twirls moustache*.)

He's not asking for US votes, he's asking....
What percentage of the 40k community in the United States do you believe know about the Aeronautica Imperialis miniatures and gaming system?
Anyone can vote but it is really just based on speculation, do we count DOW and other video game players as part of the 40K community?
The poll is badly written, possibly for the OP's gain, quite how there are any votes for 0% or 100% I can't quite fathom. The op is based in the US so that cancels out 0% and someone has just walked into a GW for the first time in the last 24 hours and has no way of knowing what an Aeronautica is.

Oli: Can I be an orc?
Everyone: No.
Oli: But it fits through the doors, Look! 
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Alex Kolodotschko wrote:
Furyou Miko wrote:Oops, screwed over your results by voting before reading you only wanted US votes.

Ashiraya wrote:I made my vote just to sabotage OP's poll. *Twirls moustache*.)

He's not asking for US votes, he's asking....
What percentage of the 40k community in the United States do you believe know about the Aeronautica Imperialis miniatures and gaming system?
Anyone can vote but it is really just based on speculation, do we count DOW and other video game players as part of the 40K community?
The poll is badly written, possibly for the OP's gain, quite how there are any votes for 0% or 100% I can't quite fathom. The op is based in the US so that cancels out 0% and someone has just walked into a GW for the first time in the last 24 hours and has no way of knowing what an Aeronautica is.


Well, he's not offering a range, so one would assume (a critically terrible thing to do for polls) that he means a range. Since the chances of him asking for EXACTLY the numbers he's saying don't make sense, it would make sense that we are to assume a range, rounding up or down to the nearest option given. This makes selecting 100% or 0% less likely, but can still make sense to do. For example, I think less than 10% of people have heard of this. 10% is closer to 0% than it is to 25%, so I voted 0%. However, that's only by assuming this is what the author intended.

A better poll would be:

How many 40k players do you know in person that have heard about Aeronautica Imperialis Miniature and Gaming System?
<0 (no one)
1 (just me)
2 - 3 (me and a couple others)
4 - 5 (me and a few others)
6 - 7 (me and most others)
8+ (almost everyone)


You now have a a useful set of data points compared to a population. You can say "out of Dakka Dakka respondents, this percentage know about it, and they know this many others that know about it". This is a real data point, and gives you more useful info than "what do you think the number is?".

Of course, there is the crowd-intelligence theory that this guy could be banking on. The more people you ask to guess how many M&M's are in an M&M filled jar, the closer the average number comes to being correct. It's a weird statistical observation, but this person could be using the same thought. If he asks lots of other people to guess the rate that people know about Aeronautica Imperialis, he may actually be getting a useful data point. Of course, there's a definite statistical bias here, and a chance that the result has no bearing, and without any real numbers it'll be hard to prove - but that's a theory.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
As of this post, using crowd-intelligence theory, the percentage of 40k players that have heard about it is ~38%.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2015/05/22 12:26:28


 Galef wrote:
If you refuse to use rock, you will never beat scissors.
 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




Your poll is misleading. How many people know of AI would depend on the area. In my current gaming group if you asked that question 100% would know because everyone plays it or has sen it out. If you ask at a small LGS that opened last week with all new players then you would probably get an response of 0%.

Of course all it would really take is a picture since you can tell by scale and detail an AI model from a FW one. If not the base is a dead giveaway.
   
Made in gb
Towering Hierophant Bio-Titan





Bristol, England

 Peregrine wrote:
Most of the people who even know that it exists probably only know because I mentioned it.

Also, wow.

Oli: Can I be an orc?
Everyone: No.
Oli: But it fits through the doors, Look! 
   
Made in gb
Hallowed Canoness





Between

Alex Kolodotschko wrote:

Edit: Also as proven by Furyou Mike (who knows his way around a forum) people will have voted before reading the initial post or certainly before the second post.



It's Miko... I'm a girl...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2015/05/22 14:59:39




"That time I only loaded the cannon with powder. Next time, I will fill it with jewels and diamonds and they will cut you to shrebbons!" - Nogbad the Bad. 
   
Made in ie
Norn Queen






Dublin, Ireland

Why is this limited to US only? I dont get it.

Dman137 wrote:
goobs is all you guys will ever be

By 1-irt: Still as long as Hissy keeps showing up this is one of the most entertaining threads ever.

"Feelin' goods, good enough". 
   
Made in us
Gargantuan Grotesque With Gnarskin




wanchango wrote:
 Akaiyou wrote:
 spiralingcadaver wrote:
 Alex Kolodotschko wrote:
although I'm not sure to what end?
He's in an argument on another forum.


Was that really necessary? The fact that I made this thread neutral to preserve poll integrity has now been sabotaged by you sir. Good job.


After seeing your behavior in the other forum it seems right to sabotage any and everything you try to do in the community. You make a boneheaded mistake but instead of taking it like a man you try and smear a good standing member of the community and cry that you got scammed because you fail at reading comprehension. I'd be ashamed of myself if I was you.


Two wrongs don't make a right. Being a jerk to someone because they're being a jerk to someone else doesn't fix anything. It only adds another jerk to the pile.
   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

I have played it a few times - really enjoyed - especially dodging buildings in a low level dog fight

Prefered it without ammo - but good game - much fun.

re the US knowledge - no idea as I live across the pond.

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in au
Grizzled Space Wolves Great Wolf





What is this poll trying to prove exactly? What people think the perceived knowledge of a game might be? Sounds like a pretty useless thing to know, surely you want to know how many people have heard of it, not what proportion of people think other people have heard of it

But yeah, AI is a good game. Destroyed by GW's "no specialist games" policy and lack of advertising. I didn't even know it existed until it had been out for a couple of years.
   
Made in gb
Towering Hierophant Bio-Titan





Bristol, England

 Furyou Miko wrote:
Alex Kolodotschko wrote:

Edit: Also as proven by Furyou Miko [/color] (who knows her way around a forum) people will have voted before reading the initial post or certainly before the second post.



It's Miko... I'm a girl...

Sorry, fixed. My bad!

Oli: Can I be an orc?
Everyone: No.
Oli: But it fits through the doors, Look! 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





Hyperspace

AllSeeingSkink wrote:
What is this poll trying to prove exactly? What people think the perceived knowledge of a game might be? Sounds like a pretty useless thing to know, surely you want to know how many people have heard of it, not what proportion of people think other people have heard of it

But yeah, AI is a good game. Destroyed by GW's "no specialist games" policy and lack of advertising. I didn't even know it existed until it had been out for a couple of years.

OP's in an argument.
My theory is that he bought some FW aircraft off a third party, thought it was 40k scale, but the seller said Aeronautica Imperialis. Having no idea what this is and mad that he got "scammed", to win an argument he is attempting to prove that nobody knews what AI is, so he should get a refund.



Peregrine - If you like the army buy it, and don't worry about what one random person on the internet thinks.
 
   
Made in us
Douglas Bader






Here's a link to the OP's argument they're trying to win: http://www.bartertown.com/trading/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=257942

OP, stop being TFG and accept that you made a mistake. The sale thread explicitly said "Aeronautica Imperialis", the seller gave you pictures of the models that clearly showed they were Epic-scale, and you just didn't bother to do your research. You should consider yourself lucky that the seller is willing to give you a refund at all, if I was in their position I'd tell you to STFU and I'd keep the money.

Edit: and wow. OP wants a full refund before returning the models. I'm really not sure if the OP is honestly that clueless, or if they want a bunch of OOP AI stuff and figured out a great way to scam someone for it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2015/05/22 17:22:04


There is no such thing as a hobby without politics. "Leave politics at the door" is itself a political statement, an endorsement of the status quo and an attempt to silence dissenting voices. 
   
Made in ca
Fully-charged Electropriest





This is amazing

I just thought this was another useless poll, but now you're telling me there's a whole passive-aggressive backstory behind it from a whole other forum?

JUICY
   
Made in ca
Lord of the Fleet






Halifornia, Nova Scotia

Amazing.

OP dun goofed.

Most people I've played with know what AI is, but only because most of them visited the FW site often enough to oggle at minis that eventually they'd all click under AI when it had its own section.

Oh, yeah, and if OP wants their money back, I'd expect them to ship first, considering the seller is being more than generous in even entertaining a refund for a buyer's error.

Mordian Iron Guard - Major Overhaul in Progress

+Spaceship Gaming Enthusiast+

Live near Halifax, NS? Ask me about our group, the Ordo Haligonias! 
   
Made in ie
Norn Queen






Dublin, Ireland

I'd slap in the MJ popcorn gif but I got a warning for the last one

Dman137 wrote:
goobs is all you guys will ever be

By 1-irt: Still as long as Hissy keeps showing up this is one of the most entertaining threads ever.

"Feelin' goods, good enough". 
   
Made in fi
Fully-charged Electropriest






 Akaiyou wrote:
What percentage of the 40k community in the United States do you believe know about the Aeronautica Imperialis miniatures and gaming system?

Please vote or respond to this even if you don't know what Aeronautica Imperialis is.


You should be ashamed of yourself for what you are trying to do. Posting this same thing on just about every wargaming forum, trying to gather some kind of evidence to support your claims in a trade that you messed up. Luckily for us others such greedy oppoturnists are few and far between.

7000 pts 1000 pts 2000 pts 500 pts 3000 pts
 Crimson Devil wrote:
7th edition 40k is a lot like BDSM these days. Only play with people you know and develop a safe word for when things get too intense. And It doesn't hurt to be a sadist or masochist as well.
 xSoulgrinderx wrote:
No. but jink is cover and if the barrage its center they wont be getting cover
 
   
Made in us
Badass "Sister Sin"






Camas, WA

 Peregrine wrote:
Here's a link to the OP's argument they're trying to win: http://www.bartertown.com/trading/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=257942

OP, stop being TFG and accept that you made a mistake. The sale thread explicitly said "Aeronautica Imperialis", the seller gave you pictures of the models that clearly showed they were Epic-scale, and you just didn't bother to do your research. You should consider yourself lucky that the seller is willing to give you a refund at all, if I was in their position I'd tell you to STFU and I'd keep the money.

Edit: and wow. OP wants a full refund before returning the models. I'm really not sure if the OP is honestly that clueless, or if they want a bunch of OOP AI stuff and figured out a great way to scam someone for it.


Hoo boy. I can't comment on the Bartertown one, but I can here.

OP should eat the shipping.

Looking for great deals on miniatures or have a large pile you are looking to sell off? Checkout Mindtaker Miniatures on Facebook!
Live in the Pacific NW? Check out http://ordofanaticus.com
Want to know your rumor monger's history? Check out the Ongoing Rumor Accuracy Tracking thread

"For this thread to have some utility and remain useful, please refrain from spamming it with 'jokes'." - Alpharius
"Irrational negativity is the engine that drives the forums" - BrassScorpion
"It's too early to be crying about this. Maybe next month all your tears will be valid." - Redbeard

200+ Successful Trades on Dakka.
My trade list: http://mindtaker.org/trade.html 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: