Switch Theme:

Archon Studios News and Rumours - MoTU GF 15 May, D&L 6 Caves late pledge/PM 25th June.  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut

Houston, TX

 Monkeysloth wrote:
 Bossk_Hogg wrote:
 Monkeysloth wrote:
Did some quick math and it's never cheaper to get multiple pledges vs just buying extra sets of stretch goals for those in the US based off the estimated shipping by about $30 for 4 or 6 sets and 2 or 3 SG boxes.

You pay like $30 more, but get an extra tarrasque, swamp hut, watch tower, stagecoach, spirit tree, enchanted tree, and leshy (if you followed early). Plus whatever else they arbitrarily decide to limit to one per backer.

That's including extra SG boxes at 40 Euros (and 2x of those for 6 sets). You're correct about the Tarrasque and Leshy (who I forgot was even part of this) but unless you're someone that likes to spend the time selling stuff on Ebay I don't think many people will care about multiples of those. If you add the Tarrasque in as an add on your basically spending the same but have less hassle as there's only one account.

Well, yes. If you don't care about getting multiple sets of stretch goals, then you'd obviously get Adventurer or Hero. For me, lots of the stretch goals are kind of useless in the numbers provided, so I'd rather pay a bit more to get a usable number of plants, huts, etc. The fact that they screw us on making so many one per backer means buying a stretch goal box by itself isn't appealing.

Setting up an extra gamefound account isnt exactly a hassle.

Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut

 Bossk_Hogg wrote:
 Monkeysloth wrote:
 Bossk_Hogg wrote:
 Monkeysloth wrote:
[...]

Again, the cost saving of 30euro for US backers is with the extra SG box(s) added in. There's no reason to create multiple accounts if in the US unless you want a lot of Tarrasques or the huts and such.

Shipping the basic 2 box set is 30, 4 is 44 and 6 is 54. If you bought 3 separate 2 box pledges that's 90 euros in shipping vs 54 saving you 36 euro if you buy the 6 box pledge.

That 2 box set is 99 euro and 3 would be 298 euro. But buying all six is 199 euro saving 98 euros.

Combined that's 134 euro difference for getting the 6 box pledge vs 3 sets of 2.

Now buy two more SG boxes at 40 each and you're at 54 euro's cheaper (there probably would be some increased shipping cost to doing this but not enough to eat away the savings).

The Tarrasque isn't an addon, thought it was, so I guess when/if they add that as an option we can see how much more it would cost. But you could even buy 40 euros of the one per backer add-ons and still break even or come out slightly cheaper depending on shipping for those.

Getting 4 is similar if you don't care about the one per backer stuff.

16 saved in shipping.
51 saved via the 4 box pledge discount.
buy one set of SG for 40
that saves you 27 euro vs 2 sets separately

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at 2022/06/23 18:28:45

Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut

Houston, TX

Right. Like I said, about $30 for the tarrasque, trees, huts, cage, etc over adding an anemic stretch goal box. I consider that a good deal. No one is talking about making two separate pledges if they don't want also want an extra stretch goal box.

Made in gb
Highlord with a Blackstone Fortress

Adrift within the vortex of my imagination.

 lord_blackfang wrote:
Tarrasque all sorts of boring.

Giantess will come in handy one way or another, at least as a statue.

I don't think so. A model the size of the tarrasque should not be over detailed, or it will overburden the eyes. The ultra rough texttured skin will allow definition without being busy.

I will use the giantess as a generic deity miniature. That is if she is as big as I think she is and wont scale well with my frost giants. Female frost giants are slender (relatively) and beautiful.

n'oublie jamais - It appears I now have to highlight this again.

It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. By the juice of the brew my thoughts aquire speed, my mind becomes strained, the strain becomes a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion.

Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut

 Bossk_Hogg wrote:
Right. Like I said, about $30 for the tarrasque, trees, huts, cage, etc over adding an anemic stretch goal box. I consider that a good deal. No one is talking about making two separate pledges if they don't want also want an extra stretch goal box.

For some reason I had that the huts/tower were still in the SG box when I was typing everything up then noticed I was wrong like 15min later as my brain just wasn't processing that due to me just being busy getting ready for a 2 week vacation. But since I'm not sure I really need the town set multiple times (have lots of Viking huts and the tower isn't anything special -- I can 3d print similar things easily but I do like the swamp hut) I think it would be cheaper to stick with a single pledge but really only a good deal if you get 6 boxes which I really don't think I need. At that price you can easily get 2 rivers and an entrance pack for the same price you'd get the extras via 3 separate pledges which might be more appealing to some people.

Made in nl
Regular Dakkanaut

I really hope that the ruins and the like from the Tarasque aren't moulded into the limbs. That way, it should be pretty easy to not put them on and play around with the basing.

Made in si
Foxy Wildborne

 Dolnikan wrote:
I really hope that the ruins and the like from the Tarasque aren't moulded into the limbs. That way, it should be pretty easy to not put them on and play around with the basing.

The way Archon models have been so far is, the body is sculpted whole and any exterior detail is entirely separate, with a negative imprint of the body so it fits seamlessly on. There are, however, usually some small alignment pegs or holes.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/06/24 10:46:49

Posters on ignore list: 36

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here

Made in ie
Fixture of Dakka

AMA 24th June

- Mini scale - they sculpted to true scale 28mm for their original resin minis and their sculptors are trained that way so they have carried that over to the plastics
- Wyvern - pirate body is optional - alt base detail with a boat (only if there is space on the sprue)
- Black Unicorn - hopefully wings will be optional (depends on sculpting/tooling)
- Elven Hill tool is already in production
- Elven Trees currently in tooling
- Woodhaven shipped 5,286 of 7,939 - they've started UK shipping but it's very slow. 3 to 4 weeks to finish all shipping.
- Trees only add on - not planned for campaign - maybe later depending on packaging and shipping costs.
- Quantities in boxes depends on weight and amount of plastic used so while some things look comparable they don't weigh the same or use the same amount of plastic (Elven hills vs Swamp hills for example they could add another sprue of Elven Hills but not Swamp Hills)
- Didn't expect water/lakes/ponds to be so popular/requested something to look at for another campaign
- Wilderness floor tiles - let them know in the survey if you want them.
- Creatures pack will not be Rapid Delivery.
- Your pledge level isn't locked in can be changed in PM
- Spirit Tree in Translucent Blue
- Ygrid - doesn't look "giant enough" in the concept art so expect some changes to scale it better.
- New minis still to be added - Wendigo, Corpse Abomination

[Thumb - B1E1FABC-2FD1-46A8-B683-3BF2E2571DCB.jpeg]

[Thumb - F9737300-81F4-46D6-B455-CC410D4659C1.jpeg]

[Thumb - 84E743D7-56BF-477F-8183-CAF65E12D531.jpeg]

[Thumb - D7566F3F-A1E5-4E89-AF59-90F326610EA8.jpeg]

[Thumb - 094886C2-8075-4B97-AD46-031D11355103.jpeg]

[Thumb - B56C79E3-AE86-4551-B99A-7AB4C02D5A26.jpeg]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2022/06/24 17:56:43

Made in us
Inspiring SDF-1 Bridge Officer

Mississippi

 lord_blackfang wrote:
Tarrasque all sorts of boring.

Funny, the Tarrasque was the reason I pledged.

It never ends well

Made in us
Stoic Grail Knight

Central Cimmeria

I really wish my dungeons and lasers 3 pledge would show up.

Would help me decide if I should back this one. Currently at a "no" but more boat and swamp themed stuff could work.

Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps

Earlobe deep in doo doo

Just a quick heads up for UK backers there'll be a sketchy looking email from Spizoo asking for more money if you check through the Kickstarter it is actually legit. Brexit related custom charges......

"But me no buts! Our comrades get hurt. Our friends die. Falkenburg is a knight who swore an oath to serve the church and to defend the weak. He'd be the first to tell you to stop puling and start planning. Because what we are doing-at risk to ourselves-is what we have sworn to do. The West relies on us. It is a risk we take with pride. It is an oath we honour. Even when some soft southern burgher mutters about us, we know the reason he sleeps soft and comfortable, why his wife is able to complain about the price of cabbages as her most serious problem and why his children dare to throw dung and yell "Knot" when we pass. It's because we are what we are. For all our faults we stand for law and light.
Von Gherens This Rough Magic Lackey, Flint & Freer
Mekagorkalicious -Monkeytroll
2017 Model Count-71

Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut

 Gallahad wrote:
I really wish my dungeons and lasers 3 pledge would show up.

Would help me decide if I should back this one. Currently at a "no" but more boat and swamp themed stuff could work.

I'm surprised I haven't gotten mine since it was a very basic pledge. I did, however, rapid delivery the dragon set and the two I assembled were pretty well done so feel comfortable getting the large creatures.

Though I think the various trees in the forest and swap will be the only thing you assemble from those sets so I'm not super worried.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/06/24 16:44:17

Made in au
Veteran Inquisitorial Tyranid Xenokiller

Down Under

 Gallahad wrote:
I really wish my dungeons and lasers 3 pledge would show up.

Would help me decide if I should back this one. Currently at a "no" but more boat and swamp themed stuff could work.

I was thinking the same thing, but luckily I received mine is Australia this week.

Except for the awkward situation where the first box I opened was mispacked [got 2 sprues with the Phoenix's left(?) wing but not its body] it all looked good.
I am backing this one again despite having an entry level resin 3d printer simply for the convenience.

Glory is fleeting. Obscurity is forever.

Made in us
Incorporating Wet-Blending

Pledge $1. You won't get Leshy, but you'll know your shipping costs before you commit.

> - Didn't expect water/lakes/ponds to be so popular/requested something to look at for another campaign
> - Wilderness floor tiles - let them know in the survey if you want them.

Nice! I have the old OOP Terra Tiles, but hope Archon goes for a "negative space" on a water map, like they do with a swamp. Game tiles as land, and connectors as river banks (cf. roof trims).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/06/25 13:25:30

Crimson Scales and Wildspire Miniatures thread on Reaper! : https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/103935-wildspire-miniatures-thread/

Made in gb
Highlord with a Blackstone Fortress

Adrift within the vortex of my imagination.

Info for UK backers and Brexit.

As mentioned on the Kickstarter updates for D&L3 UK customers will have VAT (and thus no customs charges) added to the bill by Archon Studio, if the total order minus P&P is £135 or less. That is how orders from EU countries currently apply. If over £135 VAT and customs is charged by the shipping company.

YOU DO NOT WANT THIS.

Some shipping companies charge VAT and customs charges with a small handling fee. Archon Studio partner with FedEx, and FedEx is not one of those companies, FedEx miscalculates VAT rounding up, or charging VAT on top of VAT and on top of spurious handling charges. It can end up very expensive, or in my case time consuming fighting the illegal fees. I won by the way, but it took nine months for Fed Ex, and their debt enforcers to back down.
If you want to avoid this bull, make pledges of less than £135. This translates to E156 at time of writing.

If you have VAT at source there are no additional charges and only VAT applies, not customs; there are exceptions to this. But plastic crack is not one of those exceptions.

Now for the good news.

An Adventurer pledge at E149 converts to £128 at time of writing. However exchange rates can fluctuate. Thankfully while you may pay more that £135 due to your, PayPal, credit card or bank exchange rates being inferior to flat exchange rates. However the conversion is done from the original price in Euros for the product on the day of entry.

To play it safe you may want to buy a Starter pledge instead, and this will allow room for a small number of Add-ons while keeping a safety margin.

Shipping is estimated at E16 for the Starter pledge and E22 for the Adventurer pledge, this is not too expensive. Yes the price per Encounter Set is higher, but as FedEx fees can exceed £50 for an order of this size in addition to customs, making multiple Gamefound accounts and spreading the purchase about is advisable. Besides with the number of one per backer items included mutliple Starters are still a good buy.

More good news.

Archon tend to shut down pledge managers around the time the next campaign is underway. I was able to late order D&L2 second order while the D&L3 kickstarter was running. If archon keep up with their old habits you may have the opportunity to late pledge a second order on your Gamefound account. A second order on a 'used' account will not generate extra one per backer items, but it will count in all other ways as a separate order. Separate shipping etc. Thus if the exchange rates are favourable you can late order an Adventurer pledge checking with your favourite currency converter app to see if it is under £135 at the time, and forecast to remain so. As these late orders are handled very quickly with an overlap of late orders and the final delivery window you could make a safer order.
I do intend to do this, it worked last time. In fact in all the previous D&L campaigns and Rampart 1 I was able to make a second order after receiving my first. Knowing what I had got and wanted more of. Though D&L 1 and Rampart 1 were prior to Brexit implementation, and I could afford to make very large orders without penalty.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2022/06/25 16:56:38

n'oublie jamais - It appears I now have to highlight this again.

It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. By the juice of the brew my thoughts aquire speed, my mind becomes strained, the strain becomes a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion.

Made in ie
Fixture of Dakka

2 days to go

Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut

That dragon looks to be pretty nice. Obviously just a concept but their other dragons have turned out quite good. It's also just 1k away from being unlocked.

Also I'm confused about the river/lava. When I add it via the PM I have to choose water or lava but the wording here makes it sound like you're getting both inserts in one box.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2022/06/26 23:53:23

 Monkeysloth wrote:

Also I'm confused about the river/lava. When I add it via the PM I have to choose water or lava but the wording here makes it sound like you're getting both inserts in one box.

The sprues are either red or blue clear plastic.

They did something similar for the sewers and lava room.

Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Monkeysloth wrote:
That dragon looks to be pretty nice. Obviously just a concept but their other dragons have turned out quite good. It's also just 1k away from being unlocked.

All stretchgoals are unlocked and we are still a day away. I wonder if Archon will plan another large something

I like how Archon is handling this, the stretchgoals were a burden to them, they know they overdid it, and want to cut down without offending the community; we get less than usual but have zero excuses for disappointment. The stretchgoals would serve as core fulfilment for many other projects.
Nevertheless they have not short changed us and offered far more one per backer items, most larger than usual, and when we get our stretchgoals we will have a lot of sprues, similar to earlier campaigns just with less costly duplication.
I wonder if they are properly contemplated the cost of the Tarrasque, it will take a lot of sprues to make a model that big.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/06/27 00:58:17

n'oublie jamais - It appears I now have to highlight this again.

It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. By the juice of the brew my thoughts aquire speed, my mind becomes strained, the strain becomes a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion.

Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut

There's a wendigo and totem in the SG progress tracker up to 690,000. None are in the graphical list.

Made in ie
Fixture of Dakka

€680,000 unlocked SG including the Dragon. Wendigo is next.

Spoiler:

New location reveal today

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/06/27 08:48:43

Made in tw
Longtime Dakkanaut

well I'm pleasantly surprised by how much this has taken off the past few days. I wont what the new location will be...

and if it will be enough to push us past 1 million

Made in si
Foxy Wildborne

I'm pretty happy with the offering, but not super interested in multiples of the SG as a lot are very specific/unique. Will probably up my two pledges to the 149€ level rather than getting a third.

Posters on ignore list: 36

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here

Made in ie
Fixture of Dakka

The new location is the Dwarven mine entrance @€800k currently @€712k with 30 hours to go.

The snakes have also been added to the upcoming SG (and crabs too)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/06/27 17:05:09

Made in gb
Been Around the Block

London

I hoped to have my D&L3 pledge in hand before this ended but just my luck it’s eta is now Wednesday! (Still good going for late April pledge). I got charged €17.60 duties for €74 of items -village pledge and one additional pack of bases- so I’ll definitely be going the low pledge/multiple “backer” route if I decide I want volume.

Archon have been very generous again with the stretch goals. I think the amount of random free monsters they’ve added have rendered the creature pack superfluous… especially when I catch a glimpse of my Bones pile. But you can never have enough trees

Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut

 DaveC wrote:
The new location is the Dwarven mine entrance @€800k currently @€712k with 30 hours to go.

The snakes have also been added to the upcoming SG (and crabs too)

So not a new set but just an entrance to an existing tile set.

Made in ca
Experienced Saurus Scar-Veteran

California the Southern

I'm at the point I swapped out the creature pack for more scenery.
There's so many monsters getting included now I don't really feel like I'm missing out on much. Some really nice concepts in the stretch goals.

Worst case I can always add it back in during the PM if I change my mind I guess.

Poorly lit photos of my ever- growing collection of completely unrelated models!

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/627383.page#7436324.html
Watch and listen to me ramble about these minis before ruining them with paint!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCB2mWIxhYF8Q36d2Am_2A

Made in tw
Longtime Dakkanaut

I'm not in for a creature pack, but there a certainly a few (the satyr, centaurs) I would have really liked.

That said, I'm really in it for the trees. And all the ruins popping up a stretch goals, yet funny enough not the giant ruins. Funny that.

I do wish the dwarven mine entrance had basically been almost anything other than what it is though.

 rosafari wrote:
I hoped to have my D&L3 pledge in hand before this ended but just my luck it’s eta is now Wednesday! (Still good going for late April pledge). I got charged €17.60 duties for €74 of items -village pledge and one additional pack of bases- so I’ll definitely be going the low pledge/multiple “backer” route if I decide I want volume.

Can you post a breakdown of the E17.60 'duties'.

With an import that small there should be no 'duties' and VAT should have already been paid via Archon of approx E14.80.

https://www.icaew.com/brexit/uk-vat-after-the-transition-period

n'oublie jamais - It appears I now have to highlight this again.

It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. By the juice of the brew my thoughts aquire speed, my mind becomes strained, the strain becomes a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion.

Made in gb
Been Around the Block

London

Sorry it was VAT rather than anything else, just sloppy writing there. It came as an invoice from Archon via Stripe

Automatically Appended Next Post:
The cost of the order with shipping was €89.

Automatically Appended Next Post:
Edit 2: And they charged €71 for the village pledge in the manager rather than the €85 on Kickstarter.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2022/06/28 07:20:07

Made in ie
Fixture of Dakka

€800k and the Dwarven mine entrance achieved.

12 hours 43 minutes to go. Ends 1AM BST, 2AM CET, 8PM EDT

Might be another 4 or 5 SG in it yet. Still have the Serpent King at €810k.

Automatically Appended Next Post:
Now we’re talking Goblin hut @€900k

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 2022/06/28 12:28:47

Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: