Switch Theme:

Might makes Right! - Codex Orks 2021 Tactics  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in it
Gargantuan Gargant




Italy

I don't like min squads of manz either. Other than the damage output there's also the fact that losing one or two dudes means the whole unit is now useless while a 5 man squad can deal with a couple of casualties and still be functional.

Min squads of meganobz stopped working for me with the end of 7th since a single pk dude could do a lot of damage on his own back then, especially against vehicles.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/09/21 11:21:59



 
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




So maximum PER TURN is 9VP which is ridiculous. Show me another secondary, where you can score 9 VP per turn. Maybe killing 9 Vehicles? Pffff…. You can score max in just 2 turns and dont care about it for 3 another. This means, you can find a gameplans to score fast on the beginning or on the end of the game. In combinations with banners (theorycraft 6VP per turn max).


I believe both Raise the Banners and Get Da Good Bitz are Shadow Operations objectives, so you can't take them together.

   
Made in ca
Willing Inquisitorial Excruciator





The Frozen North

 Tomsug wrote:

cody.d. wrote:
… Though unless your opponent is generous or there are some janky deployment types that slip my mind your opponent gets to choose the first and last good bitz objective….


That is the kunnin part I try to point at. It seems to be stupid, your opponent place 2 of 3 Good Bitz. But who cares? You can place the one. And one is all you need. Because one score you 3 VP per turn. That is 15VP per game. That is the maximum. Other two bitz are just distraction. That is one scenario valid for missions like Overrun/31

In actuality, a single objective can only score you 12 points - not a bad haul, but not a guaranteed maximum either.

You can only score GDGB during the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th battle rounds due to its timing.

Triggerbaby wrote:In summary, here's your lunch and ask Miss Creaver if she has aloe lotion because I have taken you to school and you have been burned.

Abadabadoobaddon wrote:I too can prove pretty much any assertion I please if I don't count all the evidence that contradicts it.
 
   
Made in de
Ork Admiral Kroozin Da Kosmos on Da Hulk






Just to add some data to the good bitz discussion:

11 Retrieval Mission - 2 objectives within 4" of each deployment zone. GOOD
12 Scorched Earth - 2 midline objectives. BAD
13 Vital Intelligence - 4 midline objectives. AVERAGE to BAD depending on enemy army.
21 Surround and Destroy - 2 midline objectives. BAD
22 Battle Lines - 2 midline objectives. BAD
23 The Scouring - 2 objectives within 4-5" of each deployment zone. GOOD
31 Overrun - 2 objectives within 4" of each deployment zone. GOOD
32 Sweep and Clear - 1 center objective, 2 objectives 12" from each deployment zone. BAD
33 Priority Target - 1 center objective, 1 objective within ~8" from each deployment. AVERAGE

Essentially, whenever there are 3 missions where you can do Tomsug's strategy, two where you can at least make sure to get one after T1 and four where you have to fight your opponent off center objectives to get any VP at all.
To me it seems like you should take good bitz for missions where it's good and avoid it otherwise.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/09/21 12:54:22


Earth is not flat
Vaccines work
We've been to the moon
Climate change is real
Chemtrails aren't a thing
Evolution is a fact
Orks are not a melee army
Stand up for science!
 
   
Made in cz
Bonkers Buggy Driver with Rockets





Prague

1. Gitz are really a Shadow op. so we can' t combine it with the Banners. Damn! So I played it wrong:( It ruins the whole concept! Aaaargh!

2. 12 VP on one Git objective is right. Still solid but not so great.

3. Thanks Jidmah for scoring the maps, I' ve come to similar conclusion except:

- missions 11, 12 where is 6 objectives, long deploy and the midfield objectives are far away - more to the edges of the map. On such map, with fast moving army with some CC punch (like my armies based on buggies + some transports + warbosses are) versus slower armies, you can “rotate” the field. Make a strong attack on one side of the board, conquer this midfield and hopefully also the opponents home objective. This makes you space to perform Gitz on one of the midfield obj.
- 23 is BAD, objectives too close to each other.
- 13 - can be GOOD beacause it is the mission with longest battle line with the objectives too far away. You can be sure, the objectvies in the corners will Good Bitz. So you practicaly makes opponent to stretch over the diagonal of the table to stop you on both sides.
- 33 - can be actually good. You move with the midfield objectives and this could be usefull. Need to think about it…


But what is more important on Jidmah comment - I don' t believe, there are some general strategies like “build a list with the secondaries gameplan and do it”. It is always about the mission and the opponent. Well.. maybe except “take the jets and score the engage”.

I even tried couple of times to make a “decision makeing chart” to help me fast decide what to takes. It can be done if based on the mission, but I really struggle to clasify the opponents. It ' s too complex. Slow/fast, shooty/cc, fly/non fly, low unit count/high unit count…

The only I see is want to camp / want to stand in the midfield / want to pin your down at home. But it doesn ' t help me, because the answer is always pin them down and shoot the rest

Automatically Appended Next Post:
Ok, you inspired me to do this:
[Thumb - CF1FD14E-1516-4A43-B55C-9B114D0A575B.jpeg]

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at 2021/09/21 19:35:30


10500p and one Ad Mech T-shirt 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Just wondering if the original post is going to be updated post faq… taking out some of the issues that’s been addressed and

I think a case can be made for bumping up the warboss on bike a tier. Retaining speedboss, powerklaw and adding an invul and auto advance makes him a step above wartrike especially is you add in ard as nails trait imho.

I think the big Mek in mega armor should go down a tier especially since it no longer can hitch a ride in specialist transport but it’s still kinda the best second choice for HQ though that’s not saying much.

I want to see what happens in the next few tournies but I think either Killrig or kannonwagon is going to be heavily represented in future lists as well.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/09/22 01:59:09


 
   
Made in de
Ork Admiral Kroozin Da Kosmos on Da Hulk






gungo wrote:
Just wondering if the original post is going to be updated post faq… taking out some of the issues that’s been addressed and

I think a case can be made for bumping up the warboss on bike a tier. Retaining speedboss, powerklaw and adding an invul and auto advance makes him a step above wartrike especially is you add in ard as nails trait imho.

I think the big Mek in mega armor should go down a tier especially since it no longer can hitch a ride in specialist transport but it’s still kinda the best second choice for HQ though that’s not saying much.

I want to see what happens in the next few tournies but I think either Killrig or kannonwagon is going to be heavily represented in future lists as well.


I currently don't have time to update the post, and I don't think its worth the effort before the kill rig has been released.

In any case, as said multiple times before, you are still completely wrong on the MA big mek thing. The trukk can transport both the big mek and the specialist mob as long as it shares a clan with the big mek.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/09/22 05:00:07


Earth is not flat
Vaccines work
We've been to the moon
Climate change is real
Chemtrails aren't a thing
Evolution is a fact
Orks are not a melee army
Stand up for science!
 
   
Made in au
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon





Wait why is that a question? The trukk doesn't have any changes in keywords, the unit does. And there's nothing to my knowledge prohibiting you from having different units getting into a transport as long as you have the capacity and the vehicles allows the occupants to embark. It's such a shame that a bigmek can't have the trukkboyz mob though. A deadshiny shoota driving around and hitting on 3s would be damn fun.
   
Made in cz
Bonkers Buggy Driver with Rockets





Prague

Big Mek can definitely go in to the trukk with (trukk)boyz and driving around.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/09/22 06:14:22


10500p and one Ad Mech T-shirt 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Jidmah wrote:
gungo wrote:
Just wondering if the original post is going to be updated post faq… taking out some of the issues that’s been addressed and

I think a case can be made for bumping up the warboss on bike a tier. Retaining speedboss, powerklaw and adding an invul and auto advance makes him a step above wartrike especially is you add in ard as nails trait imho.

I think the big Mek in mega armor should go down a tier especially since it no longer can hitch a ride in specialist transport but it’s still kinda the best second choice for HQ though that’s not saying much.

I want to see what happens in the next few tournies but I think either Killrig or kannonwagon is going to be heavily represented in future lists as well.


I currently don't have time to update the post, and I don't think its worth the effort before the kill rig has been released.

In any case, as said multiple times before, you are still completely wrong on the MA big mek thing. The trukk can transport both the big mek and the specialist mob as long as it shares a clan with the big mek.

I must have missed the multiple times correcting me on the big Mek.. I thought the rule stated specialist OR clan meant either or not both but it’s the same wording as before just with specialist added. I still don’t think it’s a great almost required unit on its own. he doesn’t do much. He just fills a slot as a second HQ that has limited options.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/09/22 05:49:44


 
   
Made in dk
Longtime Dakkanaut




Danmark

Hey guys.

Im not a super fan of buggies spam so ive tried to make an army list revolving around squig hogs and charging units instead which sounds a lot more fun. I dont really have these units but if you wouldnt mind giving some feedback if the list makes sense? Because if it does then id like to work towards being able to field such a list.


Spoiler:
2k list.

Evil Sunz patrol

HQ:
Beastboss on squigosaur, brutal but kunnin, Beasthide mantle, WARLORD
Weirdboy, fist of gork, Da Krunch

Troops:
10x Beast snagga boys
10x Beast snagga boys

Elite:
5x Kommandos
5x Kommandos

Fast attack:
5x Storm boys
5x Stormboys

Heavy support:
Kill Rig, Frazzle, Spirit of Gork, Rezmekka's redder paint (Extra gubbinz)
Kill Rig, Frazzle, Squiggly Curse, Scorched Gitbonez (Extra gubbinz)

Snakebites Outrider:

No force org slot:
Nob on Smasha Squig, BeastGob (big boss)

HQ:
Mozrog Skragbad, (Big Boss)

Fast Attack:
2x Squigbuggy
2x Squigbuggy
5x Squighog boys
5x Squighog boys
5x Squighog boys, 1x bomb squig


Im unsure if i should run evil sunz for the patrol just to get the redder paint, but it is a good relic. On the other hand, the speed doesnt help the kommandos nor the stormboys, who would benefit more from Deathskulls. The stormboys and kommandos are primarily there to do ROD though, and otherwise actions that makes sense to do, since my list otherwise have no units really capable of doing actions. At least no units you want to not charge instead of doing actions. So what do you guys think? Could the list make any sense?

I have a bit of money that i need to spend to on some models, and my old list dont work with this new Ork codex. (used to run 90 boys with ghaz)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2021/09/22 10:25:31


Hope, is the first step on the road to disappointment.

- About Dawn of War 3 
   
Made in de
Krazy Grot Kutta Driva





I played something similar recently but instead of the second kill rig I took more stormboys and Kommandos.
Also I went all Goffs for some extra melee punch.
The output is fantastic, but keep in mind it's kind of a glass hammer list and going second is really bad in some match ups.
It's hard to hide those Squighog Boys but still be able to charge, especially since you need to run around ruins.

With such lists I will probably take 3 detachments all the time for 3 Squigbosses.
One Snakebite for Mozrog, maybe one Death Skulls for ObSec Kommandos and Stormboys and the third I'm kinda unsure. Goffs for extra punch or Blood Axes for extra flexibility.
   
Made in it
Gargantuan Gargant




Italy

I think this kind of list could work but it shouldn't be this low on shooting and maybe an additional min squad of infantries could be useful to max out secondaries. Weirdboy can be skipped and 15 squig boyz are probably too many. I'd add some firepower.


 
   
Made in dk
Longtime Dakkanaut




Danmark

Hmm. Alright sounds reasonable. I thought maybe 15 Squighogs would be good as they seem to punch way above their weight class. I feel like the weirdboy casting Fist of Gork was kind of crucial thats why i added him. But removing 5 squighogs and maybe finding room for 2 more squigbuggies?

Im not sure where to put the extra minimum squad of infantry, as both my beast snagga boys are riding kill rigs already. They would have to footslog.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Grotrebel wrote:
I played something similar recently but instead of the second kill rig I took more stormboys and Kommandos.
Also I went all Goffs for some extra melee punch.
The output is fantastic, but keep in mind it's kind of a glass hammer list and going second is really bad in some match ups.
It's hard to hide those Squighog Boys but still be able to charge, especially since you need to run around ruins.

With such lists I will probably take 3 detachments all the time for 3 Squigbosses.
One Snakebite for Mozrog, maybe one Death Skulls for ObSec Kommandos and Stormboys and the third I'm kinda unsure. Goffs for extra punch or Blood Axes for extra flexibility.


the idea for kommandos and stormboys were to do ROD or actions, not so much charge in to attack.

The squigriders would benefit more from snakebites than goff at that. but i admit i only went evil sunz for the redder paint relic, that lets enemies hit last.

Still, i feel a bit sad that my old 90 boy ghaz army doesnt work anymore. It means i need to find a new direction for my army i had just painted up, and the most obvious answer would be buggies and mechanized. I just dont care much for buggies spam so basically none of my buggies are painted.

I like the aestetics (if thats the word) of beast snaggas, so maybe focussing there could be a thing for me. conjuring up such a list though seems difficult for me. I always end up with a speed waaagh with buggies or ranged firepower with this new codex.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2021/09/22 11:33:59


Hope, is the first step on the road to disappointment.

- About Dawn of War 3 
   
Made in it
Gargantuan Gargant




Italy

Beardedragon wrote:
They would have to footslog.



Of course, for infantries I meant cheap 50-55 points min units of Kommandos, Stormboyz, and eventually Burnaboyz or Gretchins.


 
   
Made in dk
Longtime Dakkanaut




Danmark

 Blackie wrote:
Beardedragon wrote:
They would have to footslog.



Of course, for infantries I meant cheap 50-55 points min units of Kommandos, Stormboyz, and eventually Burnaboyz or Gretchins.


oh right. i thought you meant more snagga boys or so. But yea i can see how more kommandos or stormboys would be beneficial.

Hope, is the first step on the road to disappointment.

- About Dawn of War 3 
   
Made in dk
Fresh-Faced New User





I run a ES/DS army and I could use some help choosing who get's 'Ard as Nails (-1 to wound)?
The ES WarbikerWarboss to help with his T7, W7 4+/5++, Redder paintjob.
or
The DS Megaboss to make him utterly miserable to shift with T6, W7, 2+/4++/5+++(vs MW), Halving damage and ObSec.
And what do I give the "loser"?
   
Made in fr
Mutilatin' Mad Dok






Beardedragon wrote:
 Blackie wrote:
Beardedragon wrote:
They would have to footslog.



Of course, for infantries I meant cheap 50-55 points min units of Kommandos, Stormboyz, and eventually Burnaboyz or Gretchins.


oh right. i thought you meant more snagga boys or so. But yea i can see how more kommandos or stormboys would be beneficial.


I have played 3*4 sguighogs and they die to morale quite a bit (6 is such a low value…you lose just two and it’s one third of a chance to fail morale…), so I really wouldn’t go 3*5. You need the 3 mek gunz and like a Kanonwagon for a bit of shooting.

I have yet to try evil sunz hogs but I think with a regular waaagh they are the best. You can really cover quite some distance then charge, and they punch fine they don’t really need to be snakebite imho, but that will depend on the army you face.

Blackie is totally right on the mandatory minimum shooting though

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/09/22 20:56:00


Ere we go ere we go ere we go
Corona Givin’ Umies Da good ol Krulpin they deserve huh huh 
   
Made in de
Been Around the Block




ave yet to try evil sunz hogs but I think with a regular waaagh they are the best. You can really cover quite some distance then charge, and they punch fine they don’t really need to be snakebite imho, but that will depend on the army you face.


If you do the maths, the damage output of the Squighogs is higher as Goffs than as Snakebites... Snakebites are slightly tougher, but I would always prefer Goffs because of better buffs for the rest of the army.
   
Made in cz
Bonkers Buggy Driver with Rockets





Prague

Beardedragon wrote:
Hey guys…..


What is your plan for third secondary?

10500p and one Ad Mech T-shirt 
   
Made in it
Gargantuan Gargant




Italy

 addnid wrote:
Beardedragon wrote:
 Blackie wrote:
Beardedragon wrote:
They would have to footslog.



Of course, for infantries I meant cheap 50-55 points min units of Kommandos, Stormboyz, and eventually Burnaboyz or Gretchins.


oh right. i thought you meant more snagga boys or so. But yea i can see how more kommandos or stormboys would be beneficial.


I have played 3*4 sguighogs and they die to morale quite a bit (6 is such a low value…you lose just two and it’s one third of a chance to fail morale…), so I really wouldn’t go 3*5. You need the 3 mek gunz and like a Kanonwagon for a bit of shooting.

I have yet to try evil sunz hogs but I think with a regular waaagh they are the best. You can really cover quite some distance then charge, and they punch fine they don’t really need to be snakebite imho, but that will depend on the army you face.

Blackie is totally right on the mandatory minimum shooting though


3x3 squig boyz are already a threat and with the spared points there's room for a couple of mek gunz and a 5th min squad of specialists, or 3 mek gunz or maybe a kannonwagon. Since they're so cheap, bomb squigs for the squig boyz can be nice to add as well.


 
   
Made in nl
Grovelin' Grot




 Diakos wrote:
I run a ES/DS army and I could use some help choosing who get's 'Ard as Nails (-1 to wound)?
The ES WarbikerWarboss to help with his T7, W7 4+/5++, Redder paintjob.
or
The DS Megaboss to make him utterly miserable to shift with T6, W7, 2+/4++/5+++(vs MW), Halving damage and ObSec.
And what do I give the "loser"?


Not sure i understand your plan. I understand the idea your trying. Warbiker Warboss for bullying and quick engage + Speedwaagh. But the Megaboss, is it like truckboy to reach and contest point? Because if it is you lose ObSec, if not how many points is this? Because he will be foot slogging all the way so barely will see combat and will fall into Gazz category.. or is your army foot slogging too? You see what i mean?
   
Made in de
Ork Admiral Kroozin Da Kosmos on Da Hulk






I'll repost the link here for those who don't follow the quagmire that is dakka general: https://www.reddit.com/r/WarhammerCompetitive/comments/ptoadv/calling_all_warbosses_an_analysis_of_orks_at_lgt/

Earth is not flat
Vaccines work
We've been to the moon
Climate change is real
Chemtrails aren't a thing
Evolution is a fact
Orks are not a melee army
Stand up for science!
 
   
Made in dk
Longtime Dakkanaut




Danmark

Bossdoc wrote:
ave yet to try evil sunz hogs but I think with a regular waaagh they are the best. You can really cover quite some distance then charge, and they punch fine they don’t really need to be snakebite imho, but that will depend on the army you face.


If you do the maths, the damage output of the Squighogs is higher as Goffs than as Snakebites... Snakebites are slightly tougher, but I would always prefer Goffs because of better buffs for the rest of the army.


Are goffs better though? I Would assume the +1 to wound counters +1 strength and a potential extra attack with a hit roll of 6.

But now that i think about it, maybe that isnt the case


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Tomsug wrote:
Beardedragon wrote:
Hey guys…..


What is your plan for third secondary?


that depends a lot on the map and my opponent. Ive often taken ROD/banners and Stranglehold.

Maybe i would use the secondary that revolves around your warboss killing things? Im not sure. Or maybe the one that revolves around getting more kills during CC than the enemy. I cant really remember which category both secondaries are in so as to whether its possible or not yet.

I havent thought much about it

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/09/23 13:49:27


Hope, is the first step on the road to disappointment.

- About Dawn of War 3 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Jidmah wrote:
I'll repost the link here for those who don't follow the quagmire that is dakka general: https://www.reddit.com/r/WarhammerCompetitive/comments/ptoadv/calling_all_warbosses_an_analysis_of_orks_at_lgt/


I was sort of nodding through but for some reason 56 squads of Kommandos (and 49 squads of Storm Boyz and 90~ of the good Buggies) really hit home how skewed things are.

Still, 40 squads of boyz would suggest people are still trying to make use of them.
   
Made in us
Agile Revenant Titan






Austin, Texas.

Why are people not using Deffdreads? I get there are a lot of setups that are bad, but how does this not sound worth bringing?

x2 Deff Dread, x3 flamer x1 claw each.
200 Points.

Telleport them. If you have extra specialist mob, give em big Krumpaz.

You drop in, have 6D6 S5 ap-1/-2 auto hitting shots. That alone will do some serious damage on any but the toughest targets.

Then, you get a 3d6" charge (with strat), that you can reroll. with a 9" charge after deep striking, that is HIGHLY likely to succeed.

Once in combat you get 8 S10 Ap-3 D3 attacks, hitting on twos if you have big krumpaz.
This is great against even the toughest targets.

And while there survivability isnt incredible, for only 200 points this unit provides a back line combat threat that can torch one unit and shred another in combat before the opp can react, and then dealing with 2 dreads isnt trivial and takes away firepower from the rest of the list that needs to be dealt with. Most lists wont be able to have the combat presence on the front line to defend Beastbosses/primary CC, while able to defend their backline from dreads.

The biggest cost I see is the CP. But, as we have discussed, Orks arent really dying for CP, so.... thoughts? In my, to be fair few, games these guys have been awesome. But I dont see them anywhere.

I do drugs.
Mostly Plastic Crack, but I do dabble in Cardboard Cocaine. 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Tyel wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
I'll repost the link here for those who don't follow the quagmire that is dakka general: https://www.reddit.com/r/WarhammerCompetitive/comments/ptoadv/calling_all_warbosses_an_analysis_of_orks_at_lgt/


I was sort of nodding through but for some reason 56 squads of Kommandos (and 49 squads of Storm Boyz and 90~ of the good Buggies) really hit home how skewed things are.

Still, 40 squads of boyz would suggest people are still trying to make use of them.

Lack of models painted and built plus lack of models for the newer stuff skews that list a little. It was also pre-faq so I think we might see more warboss on bike. But overall ya it’s squigbuggy, scrapjet, kommando, stormboy, squigboss, wartrike or warboss on bike, Dakkajet spam… and surprisingly (to me at least) kff big Meks. I thought the destroying your kff strat just made that combo overpriced but it works I guess. Also if I don’t see killrigs pop up in a lot of lists I’ll be surprised.

I’m hoping for a decent dreadwaagh or greentide army of renown in the campaign book to add more variety but heck I’d take a beastsnagga theme list if that works too.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/09/23 16:15:49


 
   
Made in nl
Grovelin' Grot




 ninjafiredragon wrote:
Why are people not using Deffdreads? I get there are a lot of setups that are bad, but how does this not sound worth bringing?

x2 Deff Dread, x3 flamer x1 claw each.
200 Points.

Telleport them. If you have extra specialist mob, give em big Krumpaz.

You drop in, have 6D6 S5 ap-1/-2 auto hitting shots. That alone will do some serious damage on any but the toughest targets.

Then, you get a 3d6" charge (with strat), that you can reroll. with a 9" charge after deep striking, that is HIGHLY likely to succeed.

Once in combat you get 8 S10 Ap-3 D3 attacks, hitting on twos if you have big krumpaz.
This is great against even the toughest targets.

And while there survivability isnt incredible, for only 200 points this unit provides a back line combat threat that can torch one unit and shred another in combat before the opp can react, and then dealing with 2 dreads isnt trivial and takes away firepower from the rest of the list that needs to be dealt with. Most lists wont be able to have the combat presence on the front line to defend Beastbosses/primary CC, while able to defend their backline from dreads.

The biggest cost I see is the CP. But, as we have discussed, Orks arent really dying for CP, so.... thoughts? In my, to be fair few, games these guys have been awesome. But I dont see them anywhere.


Scrapjets.. Really that's all i need to say. Cost's 20 less, their faster but can be telly too and have good shooting for all targets and better range.. even decent on melee. If not scrapjets you can get a Kill rigg which is more of the same but a lot better melee and powers... It's just there are better options.. not because they are bad.
   
Made in gb
Tough-as-Nails Ork Boy




United Kingdom

 ninjafiredragon wrote:
Why are people not using Deffdreads? I get there are a lot of setups that are bad, but how does this not sound worth bringing?

x2 Deff Dread, x3 flamer x1 claw each.
200 Points.

Telleport them. If you have extra specialist mob, give em big Krumpaz.

You drop in, have 6D6 S5 ap-1/-2 auto hitting shots. That alone will do some serious damage on any but the toughest targets.

Then, you get a 3d6" charge (with strat), that you can reroll. with a 9" charge after deep striking, that is HIGHLY likely to succeed.

Once in combat you get 8 S10 Ap-3 D3 attacks, hitting on twos if you have big krumpaz.
This is great against even the toughest targets.

And while there survivability isnt incredible, for only 200 points this unit provides a back line combat threat that can torch one unit and shred another in combat before the opp can react, and then dealing with 2 dreads isnt trivial and takes away firepower from the rest of the list that needs to be dealt with. Most lists wont be able to have the combat presence on the front line to defend Beastbosses/primary CC, while able to defend their backline from dreads.

The biggest cost I see is the CP. But, as we have discussed, Orks arent really dying for CP, so.... thoughts? In my, to be fair few, games these guys have been awesome. But I dont see them anywhere.


A grot mega tank can have 7 skorchas if that's what you like. Put it on a teleporter and burn baby burn lol

SMASH  
   
Made in cz
Bonkers Buggy Driver with Rockets





Prague

Beardedragon wrote:

that depends a lot on the map and my opponent. Ive often taken ROD/banners and Stranglehold.

Maybe i would use the secondary that revolves around your warboss killing things? Im not sure. Or maybe the one that revolves around getting more kills during CC than the enemy. I cant really remember which category both secondaries are in so as to whether its possible or not yet.

I havent thought much about it


You will always find 2 from Shadow op and Battlefield supremacy depending on the map. And in 2 or 3 you can take the mission specific.

But the Great Question of All Questions is the third secondary. Some armies offer you a good target to score Bring/Abhorn… of course. But mostly not. So on 6-7 missions you need to find something.

I have not found anything else then to optimize the list for To The Last, as you suggested in last codex few moths ago. It is still the same.
The only one that seems litle bit a chance is Da Biggest And Da Best - killing by your warlord. But nothing to write home about…

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/09/23 17:15:32


10500p and one Ad Mech T-shirt 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K Tactics
Go to: