Switch Theme:

Imperium Beatstick  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in de
Regular Dakkanaut




What would you say is a proper (as unbuffed as possible) beatstick single model unit apart from maybe knights?

   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





Gulliman?

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in gb
Huge Hierodule





Leviathan Dreadnought

Custodes Jet Bike Captain

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/04/27 21:52:23


 
   
Made in us
Savage Khorne Berserker Biker





Ohio

Along with the aforementioned units, smash captains can do some work without the strategems.
   
Made in us
Locked in the Tower of Amareo




The Custodes capt is probably better than the smash capt at this point.
   
Made in us
Douglas Bader






Warlord titan.

/thread

There is no such thing as a hobby without politics. "Leave politics at the door" is itself a political statement, an endorsement of the status quo and an attempt to silence dissenting voices. 
   
Made in us
Witch Hunter Undercover in a Cult







Self-buffing ones (Marine/Custodes Captains of various stripes, Guilliman, Daemon Princes) are the most reliable; most single-model melee beatsticks suffer from having not a lot of attacks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/04/27 23:27:28


Victoria est autem vita.

Stories at https://knightofthegrey.wordpress.com/
Game-related musings at https://thescenicdetour.wordpress.com/
Both updated irregularly 
   
Made in de
Regular Dakkanaut




How about Murderfang? Anyone tried him out?
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




Murderfang is pretty good and Bjorn can be pretty good himself though he can shoot as well.
   
Made in de
Regular Dakkanaut




 Stux wrote:
Leviathan Dreadnought

Custodes Jet Bike Captain


But have you ever managed to get the Lev Dread into combat?
   
Made in au
Drop Trooper with Demo Charge







Pask if it is a low points game.

You'd think tanks would squash infantry in the melee...
Basing-
Buy a pack of earth and fleshtone dry pastels. Scrape it with a knife, sprinkle dust to PVA glue on base.
Conflict on Ardus fiction 40k
 
   
Made in gb
Huge Hierodule





ImPhaeronWeasel wrote:
 Stux wrote:
Leviathan Dreadnought

Custodes Jet Bike Captain


But have you ever managed to get the Lev Dread into combat?


No, but then mine just has guns so...
   
Made in ie
Regular Dakkanaut





Bray'arth Ashmantle.
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




A salamander captain with the+1 str trait and the teeth of terra relic for 5-7 str 6 attacks at -2 ap and flat two damage is a good cheap option for anything other than biggest targets.
   
Made in ca
Wicked Wych With a Whip




How is the dread knight?

Or the blood angles flying libarian dreadnought?
   
Made in us
Locked in the Tower of Amareo




BA flying dread only has 3 base attacks.
   
Made in au
Stern Iron Priest with Thrall Bodyguard






Murderfang sucks, 170 point model with nothing but a 3+ save to protect it is going to die quickly, being a melee model means it'll also die before it kills anything else, except maybe if it explodes and takes your stuff out.
A Lucius Drop Pod can make him useful but it also makes him a 240 or more point model.
Bjorn was amazing in the index but his Wolf Belt of Russ became a bomb when the Codex arrived. Re-rolling 1s while hitting on 2+ stationary and 3+ on the move is nice but like Murderfang he is 180+ points with a 3+ save so he is going to die quickly, the 5+ FNP can slow it's experation but most things shot at it will be high ap with d6 damage output.

I don't break the rules but I'll bend them as far as they'll go. 
   
Made in ca
Wicked Wych With a Whip




Martel732 wrote:
BA flying dread only has 3 base attacks.


What? What dumbpoop decided to do that? It has no guns. What are you supposed to do with it?

Edited for bypassing the language filter - BrookM

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/04/28 16:38:49


 
   
Made in us
Plaguelord Titan Princeps of Nurgle




In My Lab

Headlss wrote:
Martel732 wrote:
BA flying dread only has 3 base attacks.


What? What dumbgak decided to do that? It has no guns. What are you supposed to do with it?


It does have SOME dakka. Not much, but it can take a melta or storm bolter, I believe.

Dakka Wolf wrote:Murderfang sucks, 170 point model with nothing but a 3+ save to protect it is going to die quickly, being a melee model means it'll also die before it kills anything else, except maybe if it explodes and takes your stuff out.
A Lucius Drop Pod can make him useful but it also makes him a 240 or more point model.
Bjorn was amazing in the index but his Wolf Belt of Russ became a bomb when the Codex arrived. Re-rolling 1s while hitting on 2+ stationary and 3+ on the move is nice but like Murderfang he is 180+ points with a 3+ save so he is going to die quickly, the 5+ FNP can slow it's experation but most things shot at it will be high ap with d6 damage output.


He is a character, you know.

Clocks for the clockmaker! Cogs for the cog throne! 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: