Switch Theme:

What Does Your Username Mean?  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Disciplined Sea Guard





It's an internet username I started using when I was about 10. I don't remember where it comes from. I also use ClockworkTopHat (a reference to my two Empire of the Dead factions) or IcarusInFlames.

Killjoys make some noise!
 
   
Made in us
Cog in the Machine






mine is xofox mainly because of the fact that when I first got on the internet (when I was like 4) I had no clue how to spell one of the coolest thing at the time (will not divulge) so I settled for the next best thing. I just haven't ever changed it because I was too lazy and it sounds sweet.

 NurglesTurtle wrote:
If you don't enjoy playing against people with unpainted armies, break into their house when they sleep, paint their figures for them, help yourself to their cheerios and then your problems will be solved.


3000
1000
3000
 
   
Made in us
Master Shaper




Gargant Hunting

Mine's a nickname my dad had called me, and the 2 and 1, put together, makes 21, which I assume that people know why it fits then. (Plus just 'blackjack' is normally taken, and the seemingly random numbers makes it more likely to be open.

There's also the entertaining side note that a blackjack is another name for a nightstick, or baton. Add that to the fact that I plan on being a police officer, and this name fits even more.

Irishpeacockz-Blackjack needs a pay raise for being the welcomer to the crusade
Palleus-Write a school essay about Kroot! Pride. Prejudice. And Cannibalsim. 
   
Made in us
Flailing Flagellant




Berkeley County WV

Because I could. No one expects the Squid.

"At the point in time when bullets can pass through the interdimensional walls. When firepower takes up the entirety and eternity of space and time, all beings stuck in a neverending life and death cycle as bullets recover and destroy their bodies in quick succession. No one is able to think about anything but the sheer force of the bullets rapidly flying literally everywhere in the materium turning the warp itself into nothing but a sea of semi-automatic weaponry.. Then there will be enough dakka. Or, at least almost." -The Glorious God Emperor of Mankind 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Bread for Battle!





Nottinghamshire

Either, I mistyped Battery Commissar, and was too embarrassed to ever admit it...
Or I received a greasy miniature in an unwashed Lurpak tub in the mail from eBay, and after declaring "Ew! Buttery commissar!" aloud, thought it was fun to say...

"Sometimes I remember it one way, sometimes another... If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice."


[ Mordian 183rd ] - an ongoing Imperial Guard story with crayon drawings!
[ "I can't believe it's not Dakka!" ] - a buttery painting and crafting blog
 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut



UK

It's my user handle on all the fora I use. The name came from an episode of G Force: Battle of the Planets.

But also, I am Ace, me!
   
Made in gb
Hurr! Ogryn Bone 'Ead!




United Kingdom

Heh. This is my 'standardised' username. Never taken, no-one pronounces correctly, easy to shorten (Danny, I've seen Rul or Rulx as well.) and L337 SP34K free!
   
Made in se
Glorious Lord of Chaos






Almost literally in the Phantom Zone.

 2BlackJack1 wrote:
Mine's a nickname my dad had called me, and the 2 and 1, put together, makes 21, which I assume that people know why it fits then. (Plus just 'blackjack' is normally taken, and the seemingly random numbers makes it more likely to be open.

There's also the entertaining side note that a blackjack is another name for a nightstick, or baton. Add that to the fact that I plan on being a police officer, and this name fits even more.


Every time I see your name I first read it as '2black2jack'

Imagine that you’re sitting down to dinner with your family, and while everyone else gets a serving of the meal, you don’t get any. So you say “I should get my fair share.” And as a direct response to this, your dad corrects you, saying, “everyone should get their fair share.” Now, that’s a wonderful sentiment — indeed, everyone should, and that was kinda your point in the first place: that you should be a part of everyone, and you should get your fair share also. However, dad’s smart-!@# comment just dismissed you and didn’t solve the problem that you still haven’t gotten any!

The problem is that the statement “I should get my fair share” had an implicit “too” at the end: “I should get my fair share, too, just like everyone else.” But your dad’s response treated your statement as though you meant “only I should get my fair share”, which clearly was not your intention. As a result, his statement that “everyone should get their fair share,” while true, only served to ignore the problem you were trying to point out.

That is why we need feminism, and why I am not simply egalitarian. 
   
Made in au
Crushing Black Templar Crusader Pilot





Australia

 Ashiraya wrote:
 2BlackJack1 wrote:
Mine's a nickname my dad had called me, and the 2 and 1, put together, makes 21, which I assume that people know why it fits then. (Plus just 'blackjack' is normally taken, and the seemingly random numbers makes it more likely to be open.

There's also the entertaining side note that a blackjack is another name for a nightstick, or baton. Add that to the fact that I plan on being a police officer, and this name fits even more.


Every time I see your name I first read it as '2black2jack'


I know I need to do a spring clean of my mind when I find myself being disgusted yet entertained when I read '2black2jack' haha.... aha... ha.... I need help...


My username is a combination of a nickname 'Nini' (NOT 'Ninny' ) and 'Illuminati'. Coined it a few years back after I needed a new, unique nickname that wasn't my typical variation of 'Death Knight' or 'Doom Hammer'.
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




I accidentally created my username, but my other name on Black Ops III is "Scubbywubwub".

Everyone's been killed by a man named Soulreaver1014 or Blacktemplar420....but when Scubbywubwub gets in the top leaderboards, it's hard not to smile.
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




 Greebynog wrote:
How did you decide on your username?

Mine is a nickname I had back in school; 'greebo' was a ninties word for one into metal, but my love of indie pop, and the tight jeans that went with, was misdiagnosed as being 'greeby', and somehow 'noggin' got tagged onto the end, so I was greebynoggin, greebynognog or just greebynog. People in my home town still call me that. I don't know why I chose it, I don't really like being called it...





As my full name is Christeena , and from which the nick name derived would be Teena. I would go for Teena.
   
Made in gb
Master Engineer with a Brace of Pistols






Mine is a reference to one of the factions in the game Destiny. My favourite faction, with the bright uniforms and a creed that's not too far off from the Orks.
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




Its my name, email whatever... BIff, but couldn't get "Biff" on hotmail and anywhere else when I signed up. So a friend said add "hey" to the front. rest is history.


-Insert catchy signature here....

-Even the Sun goes down. 
   
Made in gb
Ultramarine Librarian with Freaky Familiar





A reference to my favourite space marine chapter the raven guard.

Raven guard captains use the title Shadow Captain.
Edithae is the species name for the Somali Crow. I basically just googled the raven and crow family of birds looking for a cool name.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




On a surly Warboar, leading the Waaagh!

I went crazy big with my greenskin WHFB army...18k+ points so far...so my user name was a fait accompli.
   
Made in gb
Changing Our Legion's Name





DAUGHTER OF WARMASTER HORUS!


Destroyer of worlds and eater of cake...

 
   
Made in gb
Beast of Nurgle





Nottingham

Mine's 'whispered' because I actually joined dakka with the intention of not telling my boyfriend I was interested in gaming, so I could learn some stuff on the sly and surprise him next time he brought it up he's on dakka too so I assumed it was the best way to do! He knows I'm here now though

and war just because yanno....war.

Daerekh Dynasty
check out my Death Guard progress here

DC:90S+G-M++B--IPw40k17-D++A+/sWD-R++T(B)DM+ 
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




Cohocton, New York

Mine is my company name. I needed to include PIG in there because I am passionate about potbelly pig rescue and pigs as pets. Most people don't know about pigs and I advocate for them. I even donate a set amount every month from my sales from my store. If you are interested in learning more about it or would like to see the piggy my customers have sponsored, check out the "GIVING BACK" page on my site!

http://www.rocketpiggames.com/giving-back

Creative Things for Cool People
www.rocketpiggames.com 
   
Made in us
Ambitious Haradrim Herdboy




The Undying Lands

Misspelling of the Chapter Fortress of the Crimson Fists.

I am the one who comes for you at death. I carry twisted staff and a glinting knife. I am the one who everyone fears. I am your constant stalker, your unknown hero. I stalk your every nightmare. I am waiting where ever you go. Watch out, release is here...


 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Like a few others, my name is from an RPG back in the day. I had an assassin character and the GM decided it would be darn entertaining to turn the guy into a women (present social issues excepted). So I came across a word that I thought sound like it could be a pretty woman's name but is in fact the genus with some of the most toxic and deadly mushrooms known.

On a side note it made my character's job rather easy so the GM got frustrated and turned the character back into a man.
   
Made in gb
Stalwart Veteran Guard Sergeant




Wales

My name? Simply one of the greatest horror characters ever.

374th Mechanized 195pts 
   
Made in us
Furious Fire Dragon




A forest

I am an incredibly drunk pens fan who has just opened this thread for the first time. This is my first time touching alcohol since my breakup(see my other thread about breakups) But yeah I dont know what we're talking about in this thread but go pens and as a side note go steelers in the next season! (Ps go pirates but they kinda suck)

Just realized this is the wrong thread

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/06/12 05:53:10


 
   
Made in us
Charging Dragon Prince





West Lafayette, IN

My name is Tony. Not Anthony. Not Antonio. Not Anton, though that is the name my mom WANTED to name me. I'm just Tony. And since I have to say it so much, I figured saying Just Tony instead of just Tony works better. It also works to my simple and humble nature.

www.classichammer.com

For 4-6th WFB, 2-5th 40k, and similar timeframe gaming

Looking for dice from the new AOS boxed set and Dark Imperium on the cheap. Let me know if you can help.
 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
Its AoS, it doesn't have to make sense.
 
   
Made in us
Giggling Nurgling




It's pretty self explanatory
And He and I have similar looking beards.
   
Made in ca
Ancient Venerable Black Templar Dreadnought





Canada

Talizvar

Was playing the Goldbox game of "Curse of the Azure Bonds".

He was a character name thought up on the fly for a Fighter-Magic-User.
For some unexplained reason he would slowly regenerate between battles mid-way through the game (A game bug? bitten by a vampire? no clue...).
He could never die completely.

Due to some random event, he was the most awesome character I have ever played: when a game creates some unforeseen "magic" of it's own I like to take note of these strange bits in life.

<edit> It would be amazing to see any of this series modernized (again), I am constantly grateful for developers who dust-off adventure with good stories, character development and progressively less hostile user interfaces.

Talizvar is not comparable to Minsc, but I think he would approve (or at least Boo would).

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2017/08/09 20:33:51


A revolution is an idea which has found its bayonets.
Napoleon Bonaparte 
   
Made in bd
Fresh-Faced New User




Don't know exactly what my username mean. But trying to get the info. lol
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




Just a random name. I even don't think about the meaning.
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




Phoenix, AZ

Something I came up with for forums and video-games, using a random name generator.
I use it when I don't want to be pretentious and latin...for which I borrow the name of a lovely giant God-Machine named Gloria Vastator.

From the weakness of the mind, Omnissiah save us. From the lies of the Antipath, circuit preserve us. From the rage of the Beast, iron protect us. From the temptations of the Fleshlord, silica cleanse us. From the ravages of the Destroyer, anima shield us. From this rotting cage of biomatter, Machine God set us free. 
   
Made in se
Swift Swooping Hawk





I like cream tea. No matter how long I happen to stay on Dakka, I'll still like cream tea. It never goes out of style.

(Cream tea is tea with scones, clotted cream and jam. Sadly not very popular in Sweden.)

Craftworld Sciatháin 4180 pts  
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




New York

Go ahead & guess.
   
 
Forum Index » Off-Topic Forum
Go to: