My 6 months are up and its kind of a relief. The last couple of weeks were rough, putting all that effort into a tournament that didn't happen took a lot of motivation out of me. In addition I tried to build a Chaos list for an Apoc game which turned into a frustrating experience that finally left me so upset I just quite instead of bringing a poor attitude to the 12 hr game. I did manage to get the vehicles for the Space Marines done as well as the Honor Guard for the Chapter Master. Last Thursday I went to an unboxing, assembly and painting event at a FLGS for Warmachine. I managed to get the Battle Box painted minus bases, and that spurred me on to work on my Iron Fangs. I got the base models painted and the shield arms magnetized, I ran out of magnets for he shields and besides want to look into adding metal washers to the backs of them instead and see if that works before using 24 more magnets. I drilled out he holes on the Standards deeper to allow for a swap of those with out magnets.
Over all this challenge was a wonderful journey and I gained a few new skills over the process. While I did not meet all my goals I still managed to acomplish a huge amount of work.
A look at what I got painted
Platoon of Chaos Renegades (30) Chaos Cultists (12)) Winter Guard Rifle Corps (10)
Squad of Chaos Grenadiers (10) 3 Tactical Squads (30) Epic Sorcha (1)
Renegade Command Squad (5) Devastator Squad (10) Manhunters (2)
Finished out a 5 man vet squad (4) Assault Squad (10) Marauder Warjack (1)
Black Legion squad (10) Command Squad (5) Beast 09 (1)
Abaddon (1) Captain (1) Doc Killingsworth (1)
Bringers of Despair (5) Librarian (1) Ruphert Carvalo (1)
Khorne Beserkers (24) Honor Guard (5) Farrow Side of IKURPG (10)
Khorne Raptors (8) Chapter Master (1) Exemplar Cinerators (5)
Leman Russ Main Battle Tanks (2) Inquisitorial henchmen (3) Eiryss (1)
Leman Russ Executioners (2) Rhinos (4) Koldun Lord (1)
Mauler Fiend (1) Razorback (1) Greylord Ternion (3)
Chaos Nurgle Lord (1) Whirlwind (1) Black Legion Term Sorcerer (1)
I used a total of 6 jokers during the challenge,
So a grand total of 225 models. I am now better with my Airbrush and can make my own washes. I don't think I will try something like this again as 6 months seemed to long to try to keep up the goal. I think maybe 3 months for me would be a good length of time.
With that I think I am taking a break form painting minis and going to work on my terrain some. I will try to keep up the blog a little now the the challenge is done.
Pick of all the stuff painted during the challenge