Switch Theme:

[40K]Blood Angels News - Angel's Blade and repacked kits  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in ru
Perturbed Blood Angel Tactical Marine

 casvalremdeikun wrote:
 Frozocrone wrote:
My gut feelings are that Blood Angel Devastators are going to be allowed to take Heavy Flamers to be in line with Tacticals being allowed to take one HF - still lets them charge. Keeps it in line with the Grav Cannon upgrade that vanilla and DA got for their Tacticals and Devastators. Right? Right?

Assault Marines will probably just be allowed to be taken as troops, failing that they'll pay full price for Rhinos (except in BA Gladius) and possibly an Evisecerator for 5.

The formation pictures look kind of cool I guess. Now you just need some good rules for them
Not likely. I am guessing that the revised Wargear list will have Grav Cannons under the Heavy Weapons section, allowing both Tactical Squads and Devastator Squads to take them. I would be okay with Assault Marine Troops, for sure. I really just want Assault out of Deep Strike. Should have been an army wide rule from the get go.

Automatically Appended Next Post:
Rules Leaks from 4chan (take them as you will)

Sanguine Council
>Harness Sanguine on 3+, council shares Blessings that target the Psyker specifically

>Archcangels Orbital Intervention Force
>shoot twice or charge after deep strike as long as you don't scatter, Objective Secured

There is not enough words to describe how much i would like this to be truth...
So there is nothing more from that source?
Visited /tg but it's quiet there

Made in us
Chaplain with Hate to Spare

Sioux Falls, SD

No other posts on Warhammer 40K General. Now I am torn on what direction I want to though. Do I build a Battle Demi-Company and hope I can find a good Auxiliary (would need another Tactical Squad, Assault Squads, and Devastator Squads plus transports), or do I bust out the Terminator Squads. I will probably just order it the day the book comes out and leaks are more concrete.

5250 pts
3850 pts
Deathwatch: 1500 pts
Imperial Knights: 375 pts
30K 2500 pts

Made in ca
Enigmatic Chaos Sorcerer

British Columbia

Ah yes, the first inklings of how much better this book will be than Traitor's Hate. I can feel my long time CSM bitterness rising once more.

 BlaxicanX wrote:
A young business man named Tom Kirby, who was a pupil of mine until he turned greedy, helped the capitalists hunt down and destroy the wargamers. He betrayed and murdered Games Workshop.

Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut

USA

Man, those collector editions go FAST.

Shadowkeepers (4000 points)
3rd Company (3000 points)

Made in gb
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain

The Rock

 Frankenberry wrote:
Man, those collector editions go FAST.

Probably some eBay price gouging going on there.

AoV's Hobby Blog 29/04/18 The Tomb World stirs p44
How to take decent photos of your models
There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand
Most importantly, Win or Lose, always try to have fun.
Armies Legion: Dark Angels

Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut

USA

 angelofvengeance wrote:
 Frankenberry wrote:
Man, those collector editions go FAST.

Probably some eBay price gouging going on there.

I wouldn't be surprised, donkey-caves abound.

I'm pretty stoked for all of the releases though - figures after I finally get everything mostly built and painted they release new models.

Shadowkeepers (4000 points)
3rd Company (3000 points)

Made in gb
Member of a Lodge? I Can't Say

 casvalremdeikun wrote:
diepotato47 wrote:
If that Sanguine Council stuff is true, assuming three Psykers, you take Mephiston with Sanguinary, one Librarian with Biomancy and one with Electromancy then let the good times roll as Mephiston becomes a complete monster with all those shared Blessings
Actually, taking Librarius might be better than Biomancy. Veil of Time and/or Might of Heroes would be nuts. But Endurance and Iron Arm would be crazy as well. Especially if any of those powers get combined with Quickening.

Wait, Is Earthblood a blessing?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2016/09/12 09:41:12

Made in us
Chaplain with Hate to Spare

Sioux Falls, SD

 commander dante wrote:
 casvalremdeikun wrote:
diepotato47 wrote:
If that Sanguine Council stuff is true, assuming three Psykers, you take Mephiston with Sanguinary, one Librarian with Biomancy and one with Electromancy then let the good times roll as Mephiston becomes a complete monster with all those shared Blessings
Actually, taking Librarius might be better than Biomancy. Veil of Time and/or Might of Heroes would be nuts. But Endurance and Iron Arm would be crazy as well. Especially if any of those powers get combined with Quickening.

Wait, Is Earthblood a blessing?
yes. So that is a good option as well.

5250 pts
3850 pts
Deathwatch: 1500 pts
Imperial Knights: 375 pts
30K 2500 pts

Made in au
Road-Raging Blood Angel Biker

I just noticed that the Archangels Demi-Company on the GW website does not have a Captain. Is this an oversight on the site's part or maybe the formation does not need one?

Made in us
Chaplain with Hate to Spare

Sioux Falls, SD

diepotato47 wrote:
I just noticed that the Archangels Demi-Company on the GW website does not have a Captain. Is this an oversight on the site's part or maybe the formation does not need one?
It will undoubtedly need one. Who knows why it doesn't have one though. They could have put the Terminator Chaplain in there instead, if they wanted.

5250 pts
3850 pts
Deathwatch: 1500 pts
Imperial Knights: 375 pts
30K 2500 pts

Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut

UK

 Eldarain wrote:
Ah yes, the first inklings of how much better this book will be than Traitor's Hate. I can feel my long time CSM bitterness rising once more.

You can't complain you accepted this when you got into CSM, they are meant to lose everytime and be terribad. /s

Sucks to be chaos yet again. Almost feels like CSM are a NPC race at this point

At least 30k does you some justice.

YMDC = nightmare

Made in ca
Fresh-Faced New User

Yeah, the limited's were up for about 2 days? I would blame ebayers, but 48 hours is way too slow for those people if that were true.
I preordered mine walking into our local GW store on Saturday.

I missed out on the Blood Angels Datacards, so this was a huge must buy for me Ready to join the limited edition club.

I can't wait till actual leaks of the new datasheets and formations come out. I'm probably going to buy more Death Company and finally buy some Terminator squads.
I lost to Orks on Saturday by playing terribly. =_=

3000
Deathwatch: 2200
Imperial Knight: 450
Officio Assassinorum: 330

Made in gb
Member of a Lodge? I Can't Say

Does ANYONE have any rumors on what the Death Company Relics will be?

Made in us
Abel

Washington State

I'm a little miffed that the Enhanced eBook edition of Angel's Blade is US$51.99, but the hard back book is only US$49.50. GW's price point and profit margin on one of these two things is quite high.

Really GW? One step forward, two steps back...

Kara Sloan shoots through Time and Design Space for a Negative Play Experience

Made in us
Dakka Veteran

 Omega-soul wrote:
 casvalremdeikun wrote:
 Frozocrone wrote:
My gut feelings are that Blood Angel Devastators are going to be allowed to take Heavy Flamers to be in line with Tacticals being allowed to take one HF - still lets them charge. Keeps it in line with the Grav Cannon upgrade that vanilla and DA got for their Tacticals and Devastators. Right? Right?

Assault Marines will probably just be allowed to be taken as troops, failing that they'll pay full price for Rhinos (except in BA Gladius) and possibly an Evisecerator for 5.

The formation pictures look kind of cool I guess. Now you just need some good rules for them
Not likely. I am guessing that the revised Wargear list will have Grav Cannons under the Heavy Weapons section, allowing both Tactical Squads and Devastator Squads to take them. I would be okay with Assault Marine Troops, for sure. I really just want Assault out of Deep Strike. Should have been an army wide rule from the get go.

Automatically Appended Next Post:
Rules Leaks from 4chan (take them as you will)

Sanguine Council
>Harness Sanguine on 3+, council shares Blessings that target the Psyker specifically

>Archcangels Orbital Intervention Force
>shoot twice or charge after deep strike as long as you don't scatter, Objective Secured

is there a link you can post to these rumors?

Made in ca
Fixture of Dakka

 maku wrote:
Yeah, the limited's were up for about 2 days? I would blame ebayers, but 48 hours is way too slow for those people if that were true.
I preordered mine walking into our local GW store on Saturday.

I missed out on the Blood Angels Datacards, so this was a huge must buy for me Ready to join the limited edition club.

I can't wait till actual leaks of the new datasheets and formations come out. I'm probably going to buy more Death Company and finally buy some Terminator squads.
I lost to Orks on Saturday by playing terribly. =_=

Save your money -- with 8e around the corner.

Made in ca
Fresh-Faced New User

 Talys wrote:
 maku wrote:
Yeah, the limited's were up for about 2 days? I would blame ebayers, but 48 hours is way too slow for those people if that were true.
I preordered mine walking into our local GW store on Saturday.

I missed out on the Blood Angels Datacards, so this was a huge must buy for me Ready to join the limited edition club.

I can't wait till actual leaks of the new datasheets and formations come out. I'm probably going to buy more Death Company and finally buy some Terminator squads.
I lost to Orks on Saturday by playing terribly. =_=

Save your money -- with 8e around the corner.

Is 8e really around the corner? I'd give it another 2 years no?

3000
Deathwatch: 2200
Imperial Knight: 450
Officio Assassinorum: 330

Made in us
Lieutenant General

Florence, KY

 maku wrote:
 Talys wrote:
 maku wrote:
Yeah, the limited's were up for about 2 days? I would blame ebayers, but 48 hours is way too slow for those people if that were true.
I preordered mine walking into our local GW store on Saturday.

I missed out on the Blood Angels Datacards, so this was a huge must buy for me Ready to join the limited edition club.

I can't wait till actual leaks of the new datasheets and formations come out. I'm probably going to buy more Death Company and finally buy some Terminator squads.
I lost to Orks on Saturday by playing terribly. =_=

Save your money -- with 8e around the corner.

Is 8e really around the corner? I'd give it another 2 years no?

No. Our most reliable sources place eighth edition sometime in 2017.

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim

Made in gb
Warning From Magnus? Not Listening!

UK

I like the bits of metal twaddle they bundle with these LE codexes. I would buy those on their own for a reasonable price. Don't really have it in me to buy an LE though. I bought LE CSM and LE Eldar (previous one), they weren't too pricey even if you basically only got a nicer cover

Dead account, no takesy-backsies

Made in us
Fixture of Dakka

Steelcity

 Bull0 wrote:
I like the bits of metal twaddle they bundle with these LE codexes. I would buy those on their own for a reasonable price. Don't really have it in me to buy an LE though. I bought LE CSM and LE Eldar (previous one), they weren't too pricey even if you basically only got a nicer cover

There is no incentive for them to make them a reasonable price because they sell out at unreasonable prices (which I suppose means its reasonable?). I agree tho, pretty wild to spend so much money on the same book + pieces of metal

Keeper of the DomBox
Warhammer Armies - Click to see galleries of fully painted armies
32,000, 19,000, Renegades - 10,000 , 7,500,

Made in gb
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain

Cardiff

These 'plus sprue' short-term repackaged will be driving a shedload of sales I bet, of otherwise relatively slow-moving SM kit. Genius strategy.

For me, the joy is in putting some good-looking models on the board and playing out a fantasy battle - not arguing over the poorly-made rules of some 3rd party who neither has any power over my play nor will be visiting me (and my opponent) to ensure we are "playing by the rules"

 Kirasu wrote:
 Bull0 wrote:
I like the bits of metal twaddle they bundle with these LE codexes. I would buy those on their own for a reasonable price. Don't really have it in me to buy an LE though. I bought LE CSM and LE Eldar (previous one), they weren't too pricey even if you basically only got a nicer cover

There is no incentive for them to make them a reasonable price because they sell out at unreasonable prices (which I suppose means its reasonable?). I agree tho, pretty wild to spend so much money on the same book + pieces of metal

Yes and no, supply and demand, etc etc etc. Selling 1,000 things at a £5 profit is better than selling 100 at a £20 profit. The VSG was limited and we've seen that return in a more sensible form (still way too pricey, mind)

Dead account, no takesy-backsies

Made in ca
Fixture of Dakka

Plastic VSG was on allocation, and was sold out before it hit the shelves around here. Heck, I think they were sold out before stores could order them. I think it's a really nice terrain kit -- the prices are in line with other comparable terrain kits like the tau stuff or the plasma obliterator, or AoS stuff. Of course, you can argue that it's all too expensive, but clearly there's a demand.

Either way, much better than resin VSG on ebay, hehehe.

With the book, I would buy a LE book for one of my favorite factions, but not if it's lifespan is going to be like a year.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2016/09/12 20:23:31

Made in fr
Fresh-Faced New User

Hi guys, I do not actually have the codex but some guy was nice enough to send me pictures. It is in French so posting pictures is quite useless. I do not have it all, but here it is :

New QG : death company chaplain (actual cost +35). Same statline, has inferno pistol, jump pack and the Astorath reroll to wound rule.
Grav-cannon and eviscerator as anticipated.
New stuff: a thunder hammer master crafted for 6 meltabombs.

Formations are the following (I do not have them all):

Angel’s blade strike force (meta detachment)
Bonus: reroll warlord trait, red thirst (same as now) and zealot for every unit below half initial size (rounded below).
Core: battle demi company or archangels demi company
Command: Golden host, Leader of the angelic host, chapter ancients
Auxiliary: Archangel orbital intervention, 10th company ambush, death company strike force, Lucifer armoured task force, stormraven squadron, rapid assault force, fire support force

Lost brotherhood (meta detachement)
Bonus: Reroll warlord trait, red thirst, and 6” free move just after you deploy an unit. Does not work with reserves.
Core: death company strike force
Command: Death company command (1-3 astorath, lemarted, DC chaplain)
Aux: orbital intervention, 10th company support, Lucifer armoured task force, stormraven squadron, rapid assault force

Battle demi company (core)
1 captain or chaplain
1 command squad (if the captain is chosen)
3 tactical
1 assault, bike, attack bike or land speeder
1 dev squad
1 dreadnought
1 furioso dreadnought (if the chaplain is chosen)
Bonus: reroll warlord trait if main detachment and red thirst (same as now). YES it is the SAME bonus as in the angel’s blade strike force…WTF GW. No obsec.
 AWFUL

Archangels orbital intervention force (auxiliary)
3 units of the assault or regular terminators
Bonus: all units must be put in reserve and roll together. No reroll.
When the deep strike, regular terminator can fire twice and assault terminator can charge (but count has a disoriented charge).
 NICE !

Archangels demi company (core)
1 termi captain
2 furioso dreadnoughts
5 units of terminators, vanguards or sternguards
Bonus: stubborn, reserve roll turn 1, reroll reserve roll, scatter D6 less and reroll warlord trait if main detachment.
 Quite nice but that is a huge point sink..

10th company ambush force (auxiliary)
3-5 units or either scouts or biker scouts
Scout bikers must buy mines
Bonus: stealth long as you don’t move if you infiltrate.
Precision shots during the first turn.
 Ok I guess

Stormraven squadron (auxiliary)
2-4 stormravens
At the beginning of your turn, once per battle, you can fire all your stormstrike missiles at a target and still fire in the following shooting phase

Lucifer armoured task force (auxiliary)
1 techmarine
3-5 units of baal predator or regular predators
1-3 units of land raiderd, or crusader, redeemer
Bonus: SCOUT, and boosted engines (FAST) free for every vehicle as well as for the land raiders !
 YAY ! 12” scouting land raiders ! woooot

Death company strike force (Aux or core)
1 DC chaplain
3 DC squads
1-3 DC dread
Bonus: unknown

Rapid assault force (aux)
1-3 assault, bike, attack bike, speeders
Bonus: unknown

Fire support force (aux)
1-3 devastator, vindicator, whirlwind

Golden host (Command)
Sanguinor OR Dante
2-5 sanguinary guard
Bonus: unknown
 Looks really nice with dante and only 2 units of sang guard. My guess is they get deep strike at least.

Leaders of the angelic host (command)
1 captain, termi captain, librarian, meph, sang priest, brother corbulo;
0-1 command squad;
0-1 stormraven

Chapter ancients (command)
3-5 dreadnoughts (librarian, regular or furioso)
Bonus: Once during the battle, at the beginning of your turn, you can fire as if you were in the shooting phase or pile in and fight in close combat, instead of moving during your movement phase.
Each dreadnought can perform a different action (fire, fight or move).

Death company relics
- 2+ armor with adamantium will and crusader – 6 meltabombs
- 2-handed power axe, Str of user, master crafted, armorbane – 6 meltabombs
- Counter attack stuff – 6 meltabombs
- Template pistol 4+ poisoned AP6 – 4 meltabombs
- Inferno pistol 12” master crafted – can’t see price
- DC chaplain only crozius: AP3 and reroll FNP rolls of 1 for every model that has the rule in his unit – 5 meltabombs => quite ok

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2016/09/12 20:45:08

Made in us
Rampaging Carnifex

South Florida

This is some awesome stuff! The info is much appreciated!

As a fan of Sanguinary Guard and Death Company - this release makes me excited. Lots of goodies it seems for the non-red Angels.

Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut

 Tamwulf wrote:
I'm a little miffed that the Enhanced eBook edition of Angel's Blade is US$51.99, but the hard back book is only US$49.50. GW's price point and profit margin on one of these two things is quite high.

Really GW? One step forward, two steps back...

To be fair the only company worst at price gouging then GW is Apple. I can only imagine thier markup for the applestore. You place these two companies together and I fully expect the enhanced edition to be worst than a paperback edition book.

Honestly after buying a ton of enhanced books I realized I like print books better but don't like lugging around 20 books so I plan to buy printed codex and small rules only edition BRB and enhanced supplements only which i really only use for an occassionally reference anyway.

 Bull0 wrote:
 Kirasu wrote:
 Bull0 wrote:
I like the bits of metal twaddle they bundle with these LE codexes. I would buy those on their own for a reasonable price. Don't really have it in me to buy an LE though. I bought LE CSM and LE Eldar (previous one), they weren't too pricey even if you basically only got a nicer cover

There is no incentive for them to make them a reasonable price because they sell out at unreasonable prices (which I suppose means its reasonable?). I agree tho, pretty wild to spend so much money on the same book + pieces of metal

Yes and no, supply and demand, etc etc etc. Selling 1,000 things at a £5 profit is better than selling 100 at a £20 profit. The VSG was limited and we've seen that return in a more sensible form (still way too pricey, mind)

Hence why they sold 750 copies and not 100 and also why there is an entire team devoted to marketing and pricing. To guesstimate on what's the best price/quantity point for the highest profit. Regardless limited editions are not necessary and mostly just swag.

 Talys wrote:
Plastic VSG was on allocation, and was sold out before it hit the shelves around here. Heck, I think they were sold out before stores could order them. I think it's a really nice terrain kit -- the prices are in line with other comparable terrain kits like the tau stuff or the plasma obliterator, or AoS stuff. Of course, you can argue that it's all too expensive, but clearly there's a demand.

Either way, much better than resin VSG on ebay, hehehe.

With the book, I would buy a LE book for one of my favorite factions, but not if it's lifespan is going to be like a year.

The original vsg was an odd kit as it wasn't resin but polystone and afaik the first polystone product GW ever made. I think it was a test product to be honest.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2016/09/12 20:53:42

Made in gr
Fresh-Faced New User

Draner wrote:
[...]

I mean... i really hope you forgot to mention free transports for BA battle company.. Like all the other space marine battle companies..

Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor

Gathering the Informations.

Brutishcard wrote:

I mean... i really hope you forgot to mention free transports for BA battle company.. Like all the other space marine battle companies..

If by "all the other space marine battle companies" you mean "Two Battle Demi-Companies in a Gladius Strike Force, one with a Chaplain and one with a Captain"? Sure!

Made in fr
Fresh-Faced New User

Brutishcard wrote:

I mean... i really hope you forgot to mention free transports for BA battle company.. Like all the other space marine battle companies..

Sorry dude, this is just crap.

gungo wrote:

Hence why they sold 750 copies and not 100
yeah, that was obviously just an abstraction
and also why there is an entire team devoted to marketing and pricing.
(citation needed)
To guesstimate on what's the best price/quantity point for the highest profit.
Oh, cancel citation, we all know they just guess
Regardless limited editions are not necessary and mostly just swag.
What has that got to do with anything

Dead account, no takesy-backsies

Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: