Switch Theme:

Knight Models: Latest releases: League of Shadows pg59/60  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





I don't disagree, just be aware that updating cards has never been Knight's thing. From their standpoint, you can still play with the 1st edition metals as long as you use the original bifold card and look up the latest version of the traits. I think they see the 2nd edition cards as good enough for most models, though we are seeing some updated cards with no changes to the rules.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Custodes Shield Captain





Where ever the Emperor needs his eyes

Behold, Poison Ivy





This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/03/04 16:37:34


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





I will be curious to see how tables adapt to the flood of 60 mm models. Great looking piece though.
   
Made in gb
Confident Halberdier






 LunarSol wrote:
I will be curious to see how tables adapt to the flood of 60 mm models. Great looking piece though.


Its a weird one, because by and large the game is popular, but 60mm bases in skirmish scale terrain heavy stuff is a nightmare, never mind the fiddliness of the minis and breakable bits, its almost like Knight wants its older "minis for painting and displaying only" roots, while keeping the game line alive too, I can't see Ivy coming with an optional 40mm either.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Custodes Shield Captain





Where ever the Emperor needs his eyes

foenixphate wrote:
 LunarSol wrote:
I will be curious to see how tables adapt to the flood of 60 mm models. Great looking piece though.


Its a weird one, because by and large the game is popular, but 60mm bases in skirmish scale terrain heavy stuff is a nightmare, never mind the fiddliness of the minis and breakable bits, its almost like Knight wants its older "minis for painting and displaying only" roots, while keeping the game line alive too, I can't see Ivy coming with an optional 40mm either.


Her character card lists 40mm/60mm so she will have the 40mm option.

The newer figures arent as breakable, due to the rather soft (which I really dont like) new plastic they have started using.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/03/04 21:59:34


 
   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

Lovely model and to be fair - she does actually (IIRC) ride around on her gaint plants so probably the most approriate Big model?

I AM A MARINE PLAYER

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 VictorVonTzeentch wrote:

Her character card lists 40mm/60mm so she will have the 40mm option.


There's a video on YouTube that shows the 40mm version. While its a solution, its a really disappointing one.
   
Made in us
Cabin Zombie






I look forward to forth edition in two years when they rerererelease her the size of a Warlord Titan.

 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 AduroT wrote:
I look forward to forth edition in two years when they rerererelease her the size of a Warlord Titan.


And I can rebuy the GCPD for the forth time right before it gets discontinued!
   
Made in us
Stabbin' Skarboy



Dirty Jersey

I was saying to a friend it seems they are going all in for those over the top bases. In a way yes they are incredibly cool but play wise they can be a nightmare. I feel in friendly games you can agree to use older models and not use the legacy rules as long as you explain to your opponent. Competitively I don't think that would fly sadly.

Also people really complaining about rules changes when you have games like 40k that keep shoveling out rules/minis/updates all the time ? Yes you can counter with other skirmish games usually only have one edition..

Follow me on twitter @cerealk195

Add me on league: Cerealkiller195 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Particularly in standard there's a lot of easy proxying to be had. Several models are VERY clearly just errata of older models and a good number of them are the ones that support multiple base sizes so you can easily use the old one as the small base and enjoy the giant over the top base as well. I think that's where the community will settle, even competitively, but given they've done a pretty fantastic job with the Standard format list; I think an extension of that that officially listed the replacement options would help with some of the players that feel they need to stick with eternal to keep their collections valid. I get it, but I really think Standard is in the best interests of the game.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Custodes Shield Captain





Where ever the Emperor needs his eyes

I heard you guys like 60mm bases.






Automatically Appended Next Post:
 LunarSol wrote:
 AduroT wrote:
I look forward to forth edition in two years when they rerererelease her the size of a Warlord Titan.


And I can rebuy the GCPD for the forth time right before it gets discontinued!


GCPD will just be rolled into Crime or Soldiers of Fortune, they are bought off easily enough.

And hey at least they still have options (for now).

Unlike poor Rick Flag and his Elite Boss: Special Forces

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/03/05 17:14:19


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 VictorVonTzeentch wrote:

GCPD will just be rolled into Crime or Soldiers of Fortune, they are bought off easily enough.


Lex already does this, fwiw and in Eternal there's good ol'super corrupt Commissioner Loeb.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Custodes Shield Captain





Where ever the Emperor needs his eyes

Ah right, I forgot Lex does that, cause I only ever saw people using his goons cause they were hard to take down.
   
Made in us
Cabin Zombie






I kind of rag on Knight, but that Frank is sweet.

 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Legendary Master of the Chapter





UK

New releases are all now up, including a new DCU box set, the Justice League International.


It's an excellent mini, but somewhat annoying that they've bundled Mister Miracle in there, I was really looking forward to getting him but already have Doc Fate, MM and Shazam, and don't really care for Beetle/Gold. (Not quite sure why they didn't just bundle him and Barda into a double pack rather than splitting them as new minis in repacked sets...)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2020/03/06 19:09:43


Paradigm's New Blog- 02/12: Reign of the Supermenl

Available for Commission Work. PM me for details. 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut






 VictorVonTzeentch wrote:
I heard you guys like 60mm bases.






Automatically Appended Next Post:
 LunarSol wrote:
 AduroT wrote:
I look forward to forth edition in two years when they rerererelease her the size of a Warlord Titan.


And I can rebuy the GCPD for the forth time right before it gets discontinued!


GCPD will just be rolled into Crime or Soldiers of Fortune, they are bought off easily enough.

And hey at least they still have options (for now).

Unlike poor Rick Flag and his Elite Boss: Special Forces


So where's the Seymor mini to go with Audrey here?
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





It's on the card (slow digestion)
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Custodes Shield Captain





Where ever the Emperor needs his eyes

 Paradigm wrote:
New releases are all now up, including a new DCU box set, the Justice League International.


It's an excellent mini, but somewhat annoying that they've bundled Mister Miracle in there, I was really looking forward to getting him but already have Doc Fate, MM and Shazam, and don't really care for Beetle/Gold. (Not quite sure why they didn't just bundle him and Barda into a double pack rather than splitting them as new minis in repacked sets...)


You want Mr Miracle with out the rest? He's yours my friend, so long as you...well you know.

https://www.knightmodels.com/en/dc-universe-miniature-game/dc-miniature-games-mr-miracle-english.html

Barda is sadly locked to the box still it seems.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/03/06 19:40:10


 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Legendary Master of the Chapter





UK

Ah, didn't see that.

Little pricey to ship on his own though, so I shall have to wait for a few more bits to be worth ordering. In the mean time, I do have an old KM Vision which I reckon I could turn into a decent proxy with the right paintjob, and for once they've actually put the DCU cards up on the site.

Paradigm's New Blog- 02/12: Reign of the Supermenl

Available for Commission Work. PM me for details. 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
[***]







Did the "DC Universe Game" get updated too, or is it already a part of their new 'Batman' game?
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Alpharius wrote:
Did the "DC Universe Game" get updated too, or is it already a part of their new 'Batman' game?


It got a mild revamp last August but not any significant change. They're doing a better job of selling sets of models for it now, but its still something of a murky product line.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
[***]







I'm more interested in the DCU game vs. the Batman game - is getting into the DCU Game a gamble at this point?
   
Made in om
Longtime Dakkanaut





Muscat, Oman

The JLI that I know was something like Captain Atom, Flash, Elongated Man, Power Girl, Fire, Ice, and... maybe Booster and Beetle? It's been a while, but I did enjoy that silly old series. I remember reading once that the writer didn't know which characters they were actually going to get to use, so they devised a formula that didn't depend on specific characters so it could work for anyone they were given. Which is why the comic didn't exactly have much in the way of character development or arcs, relying instead on hijinks and humerous banter, at least in the earlier issues.

Ah-hem. Sorry, but JLI was actually one of the first comics I read much of, actually predating things like the JLA or Avengers for me. So the name brings back memories.

--Lord of the Sentinels Eternal-- 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Custodes Shield Captain





Where ever the Emperor needs his eyes

 Alpharius wrote:
I'm more interested in the DCU game vs. the Batman game - is getting into the DCU Game a gamble at this point?


I dont see why it would be a gamble to get into, they support it. They just havent been showing off alot of releases for it.

As far as I know all we have to expect for certain as far as releases go is the new Wally West thats in the 2e DCU Rulebook.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
[***]







 VictorVonTzeentch wrote:
 Alpharius wrote:
I'm more interested in the DCU game vs. the Batman game - is getting into the DCU Game a gamble at this point?


I dont see why it would be a gamble to get into, they support it. They just havent been showing off alot of releases for it.


To me, with their history?

I'm not sure how much I trust them to continue (or really support) anything other then the Batman game.

Plus, how is their new (ish) material working out?

Is it worth paying extra to buy direct in case there are miscasts or problems?

And if there is a problem, how is their customer service?
   
Made in us
Implacable Black Templar Initiate




California

Oh sick! Glad that you can get Mr. Miracle without buying the whole box. They should do this for Deathstroke too from the SS box.

Whenever they update SoF I'll probably buy Miracle with that bundle

4000 
   
Made in om
Longtime Dakkanaut





Muscat, Oman

I don't think you need to buy directly from them to get support in case of miscasts or mispacks.

--Lord of the Sentinels Eternal-- 
   
Made in us
Implacable Black Templar Initiate




California

 Soul Samurai wrote:
I don't think you need to buy directly from them to get support in case of miscasts or mispacks.


You do not. I've bought items from MiniMart with missing parts and they have sent me replacement parts.

4000 
   
Made in de
Kovnik






 Alpharius wrote:
 VictorVonTzeentch wrote:
 Alpharius wrote:
I'm more interested in the DCU game vs. the Batman game - is getting into the DCU Game a gamble at this point?


I dont see why it would be a gamble to get into, they support it. They just havent been showing off alot of releases for it.


To me, with their history?

I'm not sure how much I trust them to continue (or really support) anything other then the Batman game.

Plus, how is their new (ish) material working out?

Is it worth paying extra to buy direct in case there are miscasts or problems?

And if there is a problem, how is their customer service?

I can really only talk about the material and it is really nice. I've got the new Harry Potter Core set & the Chronicles Adventure box and I would dare to say that their material is almost on par with GW plastic although you can't use plastic glue und due to the miniscule detailing I role off a wand during transport that I couldn't even find afterwards but that was fixable with green stuff. But let's not talk about the rules or the general gaming aspect of the HP game...
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: