Switch Theme:

Eggroll's Blood Angels - 30,000 Point Army Photos - Pg 64  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
[SWAP SHOP MOD]
Robot Cat






T-county

The Warlord alone will get you most of the way there.
   
Made in us
Homicidal Veteran Blood Angel Assault Marine





Canada

 whalemusic360 wrote:
The Warlord alone will get you most of the way there.

Yup, I plan on getting three quarters of the way there to 40k and then busting out the warlord to get me the rest of the way


After doing the land speeder proteus, it got me looking back at some of the classic models which started my collecting itch once again. I was suppose to be working on my remaining first born stuff in order to complete what I have so I can start on the primaris bits but the nostalgia bit me hard and I spent the last few weeks on eBay collecting up all the older Space Marine/Blood Angel models I didn't already have in my collection focusing on 2nd ed onwards (I've decided to skip on the RT stuff for now).

Most of the stuff arrived a few weeks later and most required a simple green bath in the ultrasonic. Working on these older metal models was a nice change up and the simplier model designs allowed for faster batch paint jobs.

First up are the older Libarian/Codicier/Lexicanium/Epistolary models:













Still to complete are 2 older Terminator Librarians (both really old metal sculpts) and the newest limited edition Lexicanum Terminator Varus. Once I have those ones done my Blood Angels Book Club of Librarians will finally be complete!

   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






Madison, WI

Wow... sooo much color! (I gotta admit I love it!)

Anvildude: "Honestly, it's kinda refreshing to see an Ork vehicle that doesn't look like a rainbow threw up on it."

Gitsplitta's Unified Painting Theory
 
   
Made in ca
Discriminating Deathmark Assassin






That's quite a few librarians...

See what's on my painting table Now painting: Last Night on Earth 
   
Made in us
Homicidal Veteran Blood Angel Assault Marine





Canada

Gitsplitta wrote:Wow... sooo much color! (I gotta admit I love it!)

Thanks Gits! Yup the libbies are great for when I want a break in between painting all the reds!

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll wrote:That's quite a few librarians...

Thanks! The BA Bookclub membership stands at 21 at the moment and should grow to 25 by the time I'm done.

   
Made in us
Is 'Eavy Metal Calling?





Affton, MO. USA

Does the 12 Book Club members count in the ones locked into dreadnought armor?

Been watching this army build for years, always inspiring.

LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
Made in us
Homicidal Veteran Blood Angel Assault Marine





Canada

 Theophony wrote:
Does the 12 Book Club members count in the ones locked into dreadnought armor?

Been watching this army build for years, always inspiring.


Thanks Theophony! And yup, the librarian dreadnought is one of the members. Here's a current shot of the club (top shelf):

   
Made in fi
Longtime Dakkanaut






Rather impressive to see such a collection out as one, well worthy of applause.

Are there any BA characters left not yet included ?

#ConvertEverything blog with loyalist Death Guard in true and Epic scales. Also Titans and killer robots! C&C welcome https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/717557.page 
   
Made in gb
Calculating Commissar






Reading, Berks

Clearly you need more apothecaries as they don't have a full shelf yet

Fantastic looking collection. I'm loving the really old school librarian with auto pistol!

   
Made in us
[SWAP SHOP MOD]
Robot Cat






T-county

What shelf does Mephiston hang out on if not that one? Which Libbys do you have left? I can think of 2 firstborn models off hand, plus some FW and primaras.
   
Made in us
Homicidal Veteran Blood Angel Assault Marine





Canada

Sherrypie wrote:Rather impressive to see such a collection out as one, well worthy of applause.

Are there any BA characters left not yet included ?

Thanks Sherrypie! I think I've done all the firstborn BA characters except for the old sculpt of Lemartes which is currently in my paint queue.

endtransmission wrote:Clearly you need more apothecaries as they don't have a full shelf yet

Fantastic looking collection. I'm loving the really old school librarian with auto pistol!

Thanks endtransmission! Ha I think I have 2 more apothecaries left to paint...guess GW didn't milk them as hard as they did with Librarians and Chaplains using a variety of different models.

whalemusic360 wrote:What shelf does Mephiston hang out on if not that one? Which Libbys do you have left? I can think of 2 firstborn models off hand, plus some FW and primaras.

Mephy gets to hang out with the big boys on the top shelf of my main display case:


Here's the 3 remaining Librarians I have yet to paint.


I also have the most recent terminator Varus in a box somewhere to assemble/paint as well before it's all done.

   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka






Is the Sanguinary Priest from the old Honour guard box one of the 2 apothecaries you have still fo do?

 Avatar 720 wrote:
You see, to Auston, everyone is a Death Star; there's only one way you can take it and that's through a small gap at the back.

Come check out my Blood Angels,Crimson Fists, and coming soon Eldar
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/391013.page
I have conceded that the Eldar page I started in P&M is their legitimate home. Free Candy! Updated 10/19.
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/391553.page
Powder Burns wrote:what they need to make is a fullsize leatherman, like 14" long folded, with a bone saw, notches for bowstring, signaling flare, electrical hand crank generator, bolt cutters..
 
   
Made in us
Homicidal Veteran Blood Angel Assault Marine





Canada

 AustonT wrote:
Is the Sanguinary Priest from the old Honour guard box one of the 2 apothecaries you have still fo do?


Bingo!



Unfortunately the apothecary I bought from ebay (pictured above) was modded with the narthecium clipped off so I've had to find a 2nd set. I've currently got a bnib set of the honour guard in the post to me right now so I'll be starting on those once I'm done with the Libbies and Chappies.

   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka






Wiltshire, UK

Your collection is like a red tide, looks lovely!

   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka






 Eggroll wrote:
 AustonT wrote:
Is the Sanguinary Priest from the old Honour guard box one of the 2 apothecaries you have still fo do?


Bingo!



Unfortunately the apothecary I bought from ebay (pictured above) was modded with the narthecium clipped off so I've had to find a 2nd set. I've currently got a bnib set of the honour guard in the post to me right now so I'll be starting on those once I'm done with the Libbies and Chappies.

HA!
I also lost the nathecium (at the elbow where the bit connects) in the early 00's I chopped a right bolter arm at the elbow and used a bit from the command squad box in 5e; it looks wonky TBH. But I also ended up buying another Honour Guard box. one of the best boxes of mixed plastic and metal IMHO. I'm going to have to start chasing your points total now that my kids are old enough that I can hobby again.

 Avatar 720 wrote:
You see, to Auston, everyone is a Death Star; there's only one way you can take it and that's through a small gap at the back.

Come check out my Blood Angels,Crimson Fists, and coming soon Eldar
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/391013.page
I have conceded that the Eldar page I started in P&M is their legitimate home. Free Candy! Updated 10/19.
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/391553.page
Powder Burns wrote:what they need to make is a fullsize leatherman, like 14" long folded, with a bone saw, notches for bowstring, signaling flare, electrical hand crank generator, bolt cutters..
 
   
Made in us
Homicidal Veteran Blood Angel Assault Marine





Canada

 AustonT wrote:
 Eggroll wrote:
 AustonT wrote:
Is the Sanguinary Priest from the old Honour guard box one of the 2 apothecaries you have still fo do?

Bingo!
Unfortunately the apothecary I bought from ebay (pictured above) was modded with the narthecium clipped off so I've had to find a 2nd set. I've currently got a bnib set of the honour guard in the post to me right now so I'll be starting on those once I'm done with the Libbies and Chappies.

HA!
I also lost the nathecium (at the elbow where the bit connects) in the early 00's I chopped a right bolter arm at the elbow and used a bit from the command squad box in 5e; it looks wonky TBH. But I also ended up buying another Honour Guard box. one of the best boxes of mixed plastic and metal IMHO. I'm going to have to start chasing your points total now that my kids are old enough that I can hobby again.


Ah, that's a good tip. I didn't realize that comes off at the elbow - I'll have to go pry that off and do a similar kitbash as what you've described. I actually didn't realize the Honour Guard came in an actual box - the most recent BNIB version I bought off ebay comes with all the metal bits in a blister pack but I'm sure I have all the other parts needed in plastic to make the whole squad.

Good stuff with the army build! Look forward to seeing yours bulked up!

   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut






Impressive work on the librarians and really cool to see the shots of your display shelves!
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka






 Eggroll wrote:
 AustonT wrote:
 Eggroll wrote:
 AustonT wrote:
Is the Sanguinary Priest from the old Honour guard box one of the 2 apothecaries you have still fo do?

Bingo!
Unfortunately the apothecary I bought from ebay (pictured above) was modded with the narthecium clipped off so I've had to find a 2nd set. I've currently got a bnib set of the honour guard in the post to me right now so I'll be starting on those once I'm done with the Libbies and Chappies.

HA!
I also lost the nathecium (at the elbow where the bit connects) in the early 00's I chopped a right bolter arm at the elbow and used a bit from the command squad box in 5e; it looks wonky TBH. But I also ended up buying another Honour Guard box. one of the best boxes of mixed plastic and metal IMHO. I'm going to have to start chasing your points total now that my kids are old enough that I can hobby again.


Ah, that's a good tip. I didn't realize that comes off at the elbow - I'll have to go pry that off and do a similar kitbash as what you've described. I actually didn't realize the Honour Guard came in an actual box - the most recent BNIB version I bought off ebay comes with all the metal bits in a blister pack but I'm sure I have all the other parts needed in plastic to make the whole squad.

Good stuff with the army build! Look forward to seeing yours bulked up!


https://miniset.net/sets/gw-99110101176

That’s got a picture of the box and the bits from the ordering catalogue. The narthecium slots into the shoulder pad more or less like the tech marine arm. IIRC the sanguinary priest body is just a shoulder pad added onto one of the metal deathcompany marines. That’s a lie it’s not IIRC; I have about 40 of those metals and it totally is.
I also just so happened to stumble across that second nartheicium in a box yesterday once I mentioned it was lost in public; so thank you for that kharmic help.

 Avatar 720 wrote:
You see, to Auston, everyone is a Death Star; there's only one way you can take it and that's through a small gap at the back.

Come check out my Blood Angels,Crimson Fists, and coming soon Eldar
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/391013.page
I have conceded that the Eldar page I started in P&M is their legitimate home. Free Candy! Updated 10/19.
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/391553.page
Powder Burns wrote:what they need to make is a fullsize leatherman, like 14" long folded, with a bone saw, notches for bowstring, signaling flare, electrical hand crank generator, bolt cutters..
 
   
Made in us
Homicidal Veteran Blood Angel Assault Marine





Canada

 AustonT wrote:

https://miniset.net/sets/gw-99110101176
That’s got a picture of the box and the bits from the ordering catalogue. The narthecium slots into the shoulder pad more or less like the tech marine arm. IIRC the sanguinary priest body is just a shoulder pad added onto one of the metal deathcompany marines. That’s a lie it’s not IIRC; I have about 40 of those metals and it totally is.
I also just so happened to stumble across that second nartheicium in a box yesterday once I mentioned it was lost in public; so thank you for that kharmic help.


Ah thanks for that reference pic. Will make sure to build mine out "bits accurate" when I get my blister pack. Good to hear you were able to locate the lost nartheicium...I've gone almost mad countless times trying to locate that one last bit to complete a build and know the triumphant feeling when you find it

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/06/27 07:21:19


   
Made in us
Homicidal Veteran Blood Angel Assault Marine





Canada

In keeping with my nostalgia/retrohammer kick that I've been on recently, I've finished off a group of old school pewter models that are circa 1990's. These guys were lots of fun to paint and it's amazing the details they were able to cram into these models even back in the day. Actually started counting the number of skulls on each of these models and most of them are in the 16-18 skull range!

Onto the pics:















And finally my display shelf for the book club members and the bible thumpers:


Current collection count:
416 painted models
32226 points total

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/07/18 18:08:11


   
Made in us
Master of the Hunt





Philadelphia

Love your characters! lovely work! I need to get some versitile base edges

   
Made in us
Homicidal Veteran Blood Angel Assault Marine





Canada

 Stevefamine wrote:
Love your characters! lovely work! I need to get some versitile base edges


Thanks Steve! I actually 3d designed a resin printed my own bases for the collection. Much easier for me to make tweaks and changes this way and allows them to be super unique with the wings and blood drop icons.

   
Made in au
Alluring Mounted Daemonette




Australia

Beautiful work, Eggroll. Brilliant paint jobs and some super nostalgic minis - what more could you ask for? Loving all the shots of the boys on the shelf. You are getting through them, that's for sure!

Must be a proud achievement to be able to look at them all together now. Bring on the next lot - thanks for sharing!

t z you are k 
   
Made in us
Homicidal Veteran Blood Angel Assault Marine





Canada

 tzurk wrote:
Beautiful work, Eggroll. Brilliant paint jobs and some super nostalgic minis - what more could you ask for? Loving all the shots of the boys on the shelf. You are getting through them, that's for sure!

Must be a proud achievement to be able to look at them all together now. Bring on the next lot - thanks for sharing!


Thanks tzurk! Still plenty of the classics left for me to paint but they are a nice break in between the newer plastics!

   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






Madison, WI

Those are amazingly well painted my friend. Wow.

Anvildude: "Honestly, it's kinda refreshing to see an Ork vehicle that doesn't look like a rainbow threw up on it."

Gitsplitta's Unified Painting Theory
 
   
Made in us
Homicidal Veteran Blood Angel Assault Marine





Canada

 Gitsplitta wrote:
Those are amazingly well painted my friend. Wow.


Thanks Gits!

   
Made in gb
Legendary Master of the Chapter





UK

This thread is an absolute pleasure to check in on when I have't looked in a while. Even as someone who finds retro minis generally very unappealing, the paintjob alone soes wonders flr those ancient sculpts and they are every bit as excellent as the modern minis they share the shelf with!

Paradigm's New Blog- 18/06- Geralt and Kratos

Available for Commission Work. PM me for details. 
   
Made in us
Homicidal Veteran Blood Angel Assault Marine





Canada

 Paradigm wrote:
This thread is an absolute pleasure to check in on when I have't looked in a while. Even as someone who finds retro minis generally very unappealing, the paintjob alone soes wonders flr those ancient sculpts and they are every bit as excellent as the modern minis they share the shelf with!


Thanks Paradigm! I used to think the same thing about retro minis until I started painting a few. Their aesthetics definitely is more of an acquired "taste" but their overall design and details is still quite astounding given they're from the pre-CAD era where it was mostly done by hand. Painting and collecting them really scratched the completionist part of me and I do enjoy looking at them on the shelf alongside the more modern models.

   
 
Forum Index » Dakka P&M Blogs
Go to: