Switch Theme:

Warhammer Underworlds - Nurgle warband "Wurmspat" revealed, P93  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in fi
Stubborn Eternal Guard





 Duskweaver wrote:
 Coenus Scaldingus wrote:
The armoured archer seems to have a narrower torso than the unclad others.

That's because she's supposed to be female.
Ah, that's why she's the only one who's covered up. Still unsure why there's such a difference - can't remember the wardancers differing much, and this one should have added bulk because of the armour.
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Riverside, CA USA

 Duskweaver wrote:
 Coenus Scaldingus wrote:
The armoured archer seems to have a narrower torso than the unclad others.

That's because she's supposed to be female.


They're ALL supposed to be female! #elfjokes

The more I look, the more I think they could be made to look OK with just swapping out the heads for some Elven Union heads. Get rid of the silly 80's punk rock hair that GW seems to think is synonymous with elves and give them some long flowing hair and proper ears to make them look like Fae . Poses are still too prancey-dancey, but it would tone down the goofeyness

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/08/01 19:56:22


~Kalamadea (aka ember)
My image gallery 
   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

Love the centaur and the cat - not sure about the other Aelves.

Never a big fan of beastmen so not bothered either way about them but look ok i guess.

I AM A MARINE PLAYER

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




For me it’s just that one Aelf doing the weird side-step otherwise they look great!
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




Not a fan of this starter set. Guess it’ll be my first pass. Hope the other bands will be more interesting.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





I've stopped picking up Warbands until I paint the ones I've got anyway. Need to pick up the Gits and Troll before any of this stuff.
   
Made in gb
Been Around the Block




I really don't like the pan elves. The poses are off and the deer legs just don't do anything for me. Not really sure why elves can't just be elves. I was hoping for a wanderers war band with dynamic poses, after the well executed wood elves blood bowl team but this is a swing and a miss for me.

The beastmen are ok but they aren't a faction I have that much interest in to begin with. I probably would have picked up the starter anyway if the elves/aelves had been good as I have a soft spot for wardancers after the old warhammer monthly comic but I will likely leave it. Be interested to see what other teams we get this season.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/08/01 22:51:53


 
   
Made in ie
Regular Dakkanaut




Ireland

 Kanluwen wrote:
 stonehorse wrote:
The Idoneth did show signs of their merging, just on a subtle scale. Deep sea life tend to be blind, a lot of the Idoneth are blind. It isn't as obvious as we have seen with these and the Daughters of Khaine, but it is there.

The Namarti being blind has nothing to do with them living under the sea. Read the fluff.
It's a defect in the Idoneth themselves which causes the Namarti to be born with "half-souls" and is manifested as them having crippling deformities--of which the 'no eyes' is the most notable.

Plus there is the pants on head silly Elf riding an Eel/Turtle that somehow can fly through the air.

It's ridiculous how hard it is for some people to understand "they bring the aethersea with them" literally means that. We had little fluff snippets posted early on showing how it worked, where people were seeing bubbles or they'd see that there was a shift in how sunlight was appearing, to where it would look as though they were underwater.

Read. The. Fluff. The Aethersea isn't hard to grasp if you do that.


Sorry to continue to take this off topic.

It would seem that you are incapable of separating 'fluff', from model. Yes, the Aethersea isn't hard to grasp, does it make the models look any less pants on head silly... no. Yes, it explains what the aim was when GW sat down and started designing them, however models are a separate thing to the fluff. Aside from those models I can take pretty much any GW AoS figure and use it within a number of fantasy systems and no suspension of disbelief has to be held up by a piece of background that is laughable at best in order to use the model.
TL/DR: the air turning into some magical sea that the elves attack from isn't bending what is believable, bit rather snapping it in two. It is too silly a concept.

As for the no eyes being to do with the no souls... so you honestly think that when the design process was thrashed out for them, there was no inspiration from eyeless deep sea life, because the fluff says it is to do with the lack of souls? Please read (if you can find it) The Gothic and the Eldritch by Jess Goodwyn, it goes into some insightful detail at how a designer takes inspiration from different sources and adds them to the concept art.

Back on topic.
I notice that some of the hexes seem to have a tile with the Beastgrave jaws imagery, I wonder whether these appear randomly, or weather players get to use them as an action? Could be interesting to see what they do.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/08/01 23:00:14


The objective of the game is to win. The point of the game is to have fun. The two should never be confused. 
   
Made in lt
Longtime Dakkanaut






I feel sorry for all the new players who will want to jump into competitive play at the end of season 3, 4, 5 (if there will be any after this, obviously)

   
Made in us
Sneaky Striking Scorpion





WA, USA

Jeez those Aelves are freaking ugly. I mean the centaur and cat are fine, but what is going on with the rest? I was excited for the next batch of AoS Aelves, but now ... Yeah, no thanks.

~ Craftworlders ~ Harlequins ~ Coterie of the Last Breath Corsairs ~ 
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





West Michigan, deep in Whitebread, USA

I'm not a fan of the elves, and if I am being perfectly honest, I still like the standard Ungor and Gor models better, as old as they are.



"By this point I'm convinced 100% that every single race in the 40k universe have somehow tapped into the ork ability to just have their tech work because they think it should."  
   
Made in us
Captain





LA

I actually quite like these, mostly cause anything is more interesting than stormcast vs khorne or something like that. The poses are hit/miss and the paintjobs don't do them any favors. This set has a different atmosphere than the last two in a good way IMO.

 
   
Made in tw
Longtime Dakkanaut





I like them - I think it's a fun new direction for the elves. I wish we could get a preview of the other war bands art work like last time though.

   
Made in jp
Longtime Dakkanaut





I think this new starter set looks awesome. It’s great to see two unconventional warbands. The beasts look great with nice details and great poses.
I had mixed feelings about the Kurnothi at first, but having seen some other angles, I like them a lot more. I also think they would look better in a muted colour scheme. The bright colours were probably chosen to contrast with the beast men but it doesn’t really suit them. Here are some pics where I think the kurnothi look better.
[Thumb - 23C5DA86-8C7A-4FF7-B6A2-820F40A20303.png]

[Thumb - 8EFAF472-77D4-45D1-BF5F-64D056093046.png]

   
Made in nz
[MOD]
Villanous Scum






Also not a fan of the models in this new box. I am totally new to the game and so don't know but is it required to purchase the newer boxes? Also can you swap models out providing they are similar?
Also, also whats this Dreadfane people keep mentioning? Cant find any info on it on the GW site.

On parle toujours mal quand on n'a rien à dire.
Keeping the flame of Babylon 5 A Call to Arms alive, check it out;
Babylon 5 ACTA campaign log
Babylon 5 ACTA Painting log
Backfire wrote:
Nobody kills his dad and participates in genocide just for cosplay.
 
   
Made in us
Sword-Bearing Inquisitorial Crusader





I really like the Beastmen in this box, and while I didn't like the Faun Elves at first glance - the angles provided by Chikout and more neutral color scheme have changed my tune a bit. They look much better in those shots.

What are we thinking the other factions will be this round? My guess is (based on recent Battletomes/factions that haven't gotten any love).....

Beastmen (Chaos I)
Slaanesh or Skaven (Chaos II)
Bonesplittas (Destruction 1)
Ogres (Destruction 2)
Faun Elves (Order 1)
Free Cities (Probably humans - Order 2)
Flesh Eaters Court (Death 1)
Katophranes (sp? Death 2)


 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 ingtaer wrote:
Also not a fan of the models in this new box. I am totally new to the game and so don't know but is it required to purchase the newer boxes? Also can you swap models out providing they are similar?

A lot of people don't really do anything with proxying, at least that I've seen. Basically though, you need the Warband boxes(or someone splitting out the cards from them) to play, as it's where you'll have the stat cards.

Also, also whats this Dreadfane people keep mentioning? Cant find any info on it on the GW site.

It's exclusive to Barnes and Noble and non-GW outlets. It's a simplified-ish version of the game using two new warbands, intended to be a draw point for people who haven't really been introduced via Nightvault or Shadespire.

The two warbands(Ironsoul's Condemnors[The easy to build Stormcast Eternals Sequitors] and the Myrmourn Banshees) will be made available later this year.
   
Made in nz
[MOD]
Villanous Scum






Cheers Kan, wonder if Dreadfane is available here as no store I am familiar has a mention of it.

On parle toujours mal quand on n'a rien à dire.
Keeping the flame of Babylon 5 A Call to Arms alive, check it out;
Babylon 5 ACTA campaign log
Babylon 5 ACTA Painting log
Backfire wrote:
Nobody kills his dad and participates in genocide just for cosplay.
 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 Sabotage! wrote:
I really like the Beastmen in this box, and while I didn't like the Faun Elves at first glance - the angles provided by Chikout and more neutral color scheme have changed my tune a bit. They look much better in those shots.

I'm personally planning on doing a bit of work with the hair color. More of a natural redhead towards the roots of the hair/mohawks, some orange or blue streaks to make it look like it's dyed.

I don't think we'll see the Katophranes.

Free Cities would be a huge missed opportunity if they just did humans. It's the perfect opportunity for a classic D&D style adventuring party if they went that route:
-Elf Ranger
-Human Mage
-Elf Assassin/Thief-y character
-Dwarf Fighter
-Dwarf Priest


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 ingtaer wrote:
Cheers Kan, wonder if Dreadfane is available here as no store I am familiar has a mention of it.

It's available in the US, Canada, and Germany only for the time being.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/08/02 03:06:43


 
   
Made in us
Near Golden Daemon Caliber





Affton, MO. USA

 ingtaer wrote:
Cheers Kan, wonder if Dreadfane is available here as no store I am familiar has a mention of it.

As Kan said, USA, Canada and Germany only, just like Blood Bowl 7’s a year or two ago. The warbands will be available seperately later this year but the set is an exclusive. Ordered mine yesterday and it should arrive this weekend/ first of next week $49.95 USD.

LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
Made in vn
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Theophony wrote:
 ingtaer wrote:
Cheers Kan, wonder if Dreadfane is available here as no store I am familiar has a mention of it.

As Kan said, USA, Canada and Germany only, just like Blood Bowl 7’s a year or two ago. The warbands will be available seperately later this year but the set is an exclusive. Ordered mine yesterday and it should arrive this weekend/ first of next week $49.95 USD.



Hmmm, Dreadfan warband are 15$ Easy-to-build Sequitors and 15$ ETB Banshee.
   
Made in us
Near Golden Daemon Caliber





Affton, MO. USA

Chopstick wrote:
 Theophony wrote:
 ingtaer wrote:
Cheers Kan, wonder if Dreadfane is available here as no store I am familiar has a mention of it.

As Kan said, USA, Canada and Germany only, just like Blood Bowl 7’s a year or two ago. The warbands will be available seperately later this year but the set is an exclusive. Ordered mine yesterday and it should arrive this weekend/ first of next week $49.95 USD.



Hmmm, Dreadfan warband are 15$ Easy-to-build Sequitors and 15$ ETB Banshee.

Or buy Storm Strike and get twice as many models, but no board, dice and another game...

LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




Love them Kurnothi. I may buy the box set just for them.

It's amusing that people hate them because they're not aelves as they want them. If you want normal elves, go play lotr/Hobbit.
   
Made in vn
Longtime Dakkanaut




Marleymoo wrote:
Love them Kurnothi. I may buy the box set just for them.

It's amusing that people hate them because they're not aelves as they want them. If you want normal elves, go play lotr/Hobbit.


No need to go to LOTR if people want to play with decade old Elves models.
   
Made in se
Wolf Guard Bodyguard in Terminator Armor






Great new models!
By now I know dynamic poses translate badly to teaser pics, and GWs official paint job dont usually bring out the cool their models deserve.
Chikouts pic of the hornblower looks awesome where GW has a really horrible angle of the same model.
   
Made in us
Serious Squig Herder






The Beastman look OK (though the Ungors look a bit too beefy IMO) - but I flat out hate those Elves. Wood Elves used to be my favorite of the Elves too.

If I pick up Nightvault vs this new starter what would I really be missing out on? Are the updated rules made available online somewhere?
   
Made in pl
Dakka Veteran




Not really important, but according to AoS social media team, they're not aelves, so they're in the same boat that sylvaneth are- they're elf-derived new species.
   
Made in us
Sword-Bearing Inquisitorial Crusader





 Kanluwen wrote:
 Sabotage! wrote:
I really like the Beastmen in this box, and while I didn't like the Faun Elves at first glance - the angles provided by Chikout and more neutral color scheme have changed my tune a bit. They look much better in those shots.

I'm personally planning on doing a bit of work with the hair color. More of a natural redhead towards the roots of the hair/mohawks, some orange or blue streaks to make it look like it's dyed.

I don't think we'll see the Katophranes.

Free Cities would be a huge missed opportunity if they just did humans. It's the perfect opportunity for a classic D&D style adventuring party if they went that route:
-Elf Ranger
-Human Mage
-Elf Assassin/Thief-y character
-Dwarf Fighter
-Dwarf Priest


I think a more natural hair color that looks dyed would look much better.

I have a suspicion there will be two Death warbands (not sure why) but I imagine whatever the new book is for them this year will be the faction they belong too. Not sure if that's the Katophranes or what (though I'm not super knowledgeable about AoS lore).

I personally think all humans is the way to go. You could do a Wizard, Greatsword, Riflemen, and a couple state troop style models or a Witch Hunter and retinue. Or something cool and different would be even better. We have seen precisely zero Order humans in Underworlds (and only one new sculpt of them in all of AoS - the Priest of Sigmar from Silver Tower) where Dwarves and Elves each have several Warbands in
Underworlds and two factions each in AoS.


 
   
Made in se
Wolf Guard Bodyguard in Terminator Armor






 Sabotage! wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
 Sabotage! wrote:
I really like the Beastmen in this box, and while I didn't like the Faun Elves at first glance - the angles provided by Chikout and more neutral color scheme have changed my tune a bit. They look much better in those shots.

I'm personally planning on doing a bit of work with the hair color. More of a natural redhead towards the roots of the hair/mohawks, some orange or blue streaks to make it look like it's dyed.

I don't think we'll see the Katophranes.

Free Cities would be a huge missed opportunity if they just did humans. It's the perfect opportunity for a classic D&D style adventuring party if they went that route:
-Elf Ranger
-Human Mage
-Elf Assassin/Thief-y character
-Dwarf Fighter
-Dwarf Priest


I think a more natural hair color that looks dyed would look much better.

I have a suspicion there will be two Death warbands (not sure why) but I imagine whatever the new book is for them this year will be the faction they belong too. Not sure if that's the Katophranes or what (though I'm not super knowledgeable about AoS lore).

I personally think all humans is the way to go. You could do a Wizard, Greatsword, Riflemen, and a couple state troop style models or a Witch Hunter and retinue. Or something cool and different would be even better. We have seen precisely zero Order humans in Underworlds (and only one new sculpt of them in all of AoS - the Priest of Sigmar from Silver Tower) where Dwarves and Elves each have several Warbands in
Underworlds and two factions each in AoS.


There has been zero order humans in any kind of AoS related release so far. I would actually not like to see Ghuran humans though, as they would probably be even more brawny barbarian archetypes and the AoS setting is desperate to see some ordinary humans now.

Edit: oh, i forgot the silver tower priest! Order humanity represented.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/08/02 08:25:02


 
   
Made in us
Sword-Bearing Inquisitorial Crusader





 Fayric wrote:

There has been zero order humans in any kind of AoS related release so far. I would actually not like to see Ghuran humans though, as they would probably be even more brawny barbarian archetypes and the AoS setting is desperate to see some ordinary humans now.

Edit: oh, i forgot the silver tower priest! Order humanity represented.


I agree on the Ghuran humans, as we already have a plethora of Chaos mortals that fill that role nicely. That said, just because this Underworlds season takes place on Ghur doesn't mean the humans in this season have to be from Ghur. I mean they could have just as easily got lost in the Nightvault and ended up in Ghur or be from another realm and exploring Ghur. I mean Sylvaneth don't really make a lot of sense in the Nightvault (at least from what little I know of the fluff), and they ended up in there. I think if GW does Faun Elves, Beastmen, Bonesplittas, and Ogres they will probably have the savage aspect covered. The other Warbands can be Warbands that are from other places or make sense in more than one place.


 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: